[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Superman Returns sequel: Brainiac

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 8732134518_9149a8c392_b.jpg (397KB, 800x1024px) Image search: [Google]
8732134518_9149a8c392_b.jpg
397KB, 800x1024px
As much as I wasnt really a fan of Returns, I really fucking want to see the sequel, even if it's in comic form, the Brainiac plot sounds fucking nuts but awesome and I also thought Brandon Routh was a pretty good superman/clark kent

Here is the details for the sequel

>Singer’s The Man of Steel takes place several years after Superman Returns where people are used to having Supes back.
New Krypton, Lex Luthor’s growing island that Superman tossed into space has grown into a speherical moon that the people of Earth can see.

>The new moon attracts attention of alien visitors however, and a big alien ship arrives.
Superman flies up to check it out. It carries another Kryptonian survivor. Party time.
Clark takes his newfound friend on a tour of Earth but this other Kryptonian is puzzled as to why Superman hasn’t used his powers to fix the world of its problems (hunger, war, etc.). I kind of like this guy.

>Superman explains the rule of not interfering with development of Earth.
The visitor disagrees and aims to use his powers to “fix” the world with his first mission being to intervene in a feud between two third world countries. War breaks out but the Kryptonian takes things into his own hands and ends it quickly by annihilating their armies.
For his second opening act, the new alien visitor lays down rules for the entire world, saying that there will be no more wars or he will deal with the aggressor country.
The big modern societies of the world are in favor of this, applauding the new “hero” who is now willing to share advanced tech and use his powers to end the world’s other problems. Those who disagree feel the wrath.
>>
>>78314009
>As a result, Earth’s familiar Kryptonian, Superman, has been outcasted since he didn’t do this earlier and kept advanced technology from them.

>Suspicious of the other Kryptonian, Supes examines the ship to find it loaded with clones of his new friend.

>Using the ship’s computers, he find out this other Kryptonian and clones are actually an artificial intelligence which has grown on its own since Krypton has destroyed. Its/His name: Brainiac.

>Over the years since Kryptonian’s explosive end, Brainiac has travelled from world to world, “fixing” them and then destroying them and Earth is his new target. It was Brainiac who actually destroyed Krypton.
Superman tries to let the world’s leaders know and ends up battling Brainiac who can continue to resurrect into other clone bodies in stasis.
Eventually, the Man of Steel takes down the ship but Brainiac transfers his consciousness into Superman’s kid. Remember him?

>You can imagine the moral dilemma here. Earth or the Brainiac-infused boy? In the end, young Jason White is killed by his red-caped dad in order to save the world and fans who didn’t like the idea of Superman and Lois having a baby rejoice. Brainiac plus the removal of the kid storyline sounds like a good deal. I wonder how Lois takes that? James Marsden’s Richard White character probably isn’t too sad…

I think Routh would have fucking killed it with his lonely superman
>>
>>78314029
MAN OF MURDER
>>
>Transferring your consciousness it to an organic sentient host
>Killing your son
>>
>>78314063
>>78314048
>co would have gotten man of Murder either way

kek, wasn't a "modern" reboot though so I wonder if the reactions would have been as bad
>>
>>78314173
I think people would have felt something if they bothered to give the kid a personality.

Seriously all he did was sit around and act cute. He was basically a plot device.
>>
>>78314203
maybe he would have been developed for the sequel

and how the fuck would superman kill him, really weird trying to picture that
>>
>>78314009
Wasn't the island Kryptonite? Wouldn't it kill the other one?
>>
>>78314173
It would be as bad. Reeve Superman would never do that (except when he did, but theatrical cut doesn't count lol) and Routh is explicitly him.

Of course a way out would be to just have kid Brainiac overload and self destruct despite Superman's efforts.
>>
The more you read about all the Superman film projects over the last twenty or so, particularly the ones that never made it off the ground, the more you realize just how ingrained that self-concious desire to "fix" Superman really is at Warner Bros.

Like, they're never *just* Superman stories, y'know? They're always bogged down by the weirdest and most unnecessary shit imaginable.
>>
>>78314272
"We introduced this child so you can murder him." Is a pretty fucked up third act, yeah.
>>
>>78314272
This doesn't seem like man of steel seems sorta just where the plot goes and a way to get rid of the son maybe
>>
>>78314350
But if you want to get rid of the kid why introduce him in the first damn place.

Like Superman having to destroy the last remnant of his homeworld because its a psychotic computer that wants to blow up planets is fine.
>>
>>78314272
Returns didn't want to "fix" him like MOS, heck it didn't update him very much.

Problem was it was too bound to earlier movies for its own good, though Singer is better than Snyder by a mile.
>>
How do you think he killed his son?

I would imagine they sat on that kryptonite moon and watched the sun set
>>
>>78314374
not that but I'm guessing something nowhere near as brutal as MoS given returns style
>>
>>78314267
to be fair Routh was his own supes really, I mean techinically he was Reeve but post 5 year space depression, so that would change him anyway.

Rouths supes doesnt strike me as giving as much of a fuck when it comes to shitters
>>
>>78314359

Returns, despite being so nostalgic, still has the same problem of trying to make Superman interesting by saddling him with impossible to solve emotional conflicts and clumsily injecting moral ambiguity in to the character and his world with no real way to actually deal with any of it.

Returns problem isn't that it tries to emulate the old movies, it's that it tries to emulate the old movies only to miss the mark entirely. And I'm not even a big fan of the Reeve movies, other than Reeve himself of course.

You see the same thing to some extent in Man Of Steel and unmade stuff like the Death/Return adaptations or Flyby. That attitude that Superman just isn't interesting on his own so you've got to spice it up. Usually with a lot of really oddball stuff.

As much as I might've bitched and moaned about Man Of Steel, we could have gotten a LOT worse. At least in terms of faithfulness.
>>
>>78314515
>it's that it tries to emulate the old movies only to miss the mark entirely

Really it should have been a reboot. Superman in the comics has changed a lot from the 70s/80s and the movie should reflect that. I mean did we really need Lex doing another landgrab deal (that was really fucking stupid)?
>>
>>78314671
to be fair the landgrab went straight to world domination so it wasnt as full potato as supes 1 landgrab scheme
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.