[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swr/ - Star Wars: Rebels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 773
Thread images: 70

File: Rancor1.jpg (160KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Rancor1.jpg
160KB, 960x540px
Rancor - Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/swr/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg
http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander (/swr/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUD2JkBxIJo

>Canon Guide & Timeline:
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

Download links (Books, Comics, Rebels, Films, etc): http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya
>>
File: Ahsoka6.png (302KB, 752x1055px) Image search: [Google]
Ahsoka6.png
302KB, 752x1055px
ORANGE BUTTCHEEKS
R
A
N
G
E
>>
File: 1450469148925.gif (107KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1450469148925.gif
107KB, 300x300px
First for Trey Tor
>>
TFA is for plebs
>>
Can anyone remember that internet autist Supershadow? He used to pretend he was bffs with Lucas and they he gave Lucas the ideas for most of Star Wars.
>>
TFA was mediocre and won't even do any good for the long time lore like the prequels at least did.
>>
File: snoke.jpg (209KB, 647x622px) Image search: [Google]
snoke.jpg
209KB, 647x622px
Take a listen to this, the track is Palpatine's Teachings from the Episode 3 soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRaiLY23gU8 [Embed]
This is the music that plays during the scene where Palpatine tells Anakin a certain story about a certain Sith Lord. Special focus on the chanting in the first minute.

Now listen to Snoke's theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSQ3BJVMfAI [Embed]

Coincidence? Hmmmmmm...
>>
Wait, is there nothing after Legacy?
>>
>>78288360
Winter break, new episodes start back in January
>>
>>78288350
>Anakin is the Chosen One destined to bring balance to the Force by destroying the Sith
>oh, remember Emperor's master Darth Plagueis? He's here! Oh, and that Maul guy is still somewhere around
>>
BB-8 is entirely representative of the new trilogy.

>Cute
>Derivative
>Non-threatening
>Goes along with whatever everyone expects of him (?)
>no depth or true personality beyond that
>>
>>78288350
SHIIEEET
>>
>>78288371
To be fair, Maul hasn't been confirmed to survive past TCW. Counting the story reels, comics, novel, and the arcs that were previewed at Celebration, we still have about a season and a half of episodes that we've seen nothing about. I think it's likely they had a planned death for him.

But yeah, Plagueis being around this far out would be retarded.
>>
>>78288360
Every cartoon series ever seems to take a winter break. Rebels is no exception. In fact, I'm surprised they kept airing it for as long as they did. I suppose they found the new movie coming out a good time to put their own stuff on hold.
>>
I've been listening to the TFA OST, and damn, Williams didn't put much effort into it. All his new themes seem to be in the end credits and Rey's Theme, but you can see the musical structure of the new trilogy in the end credits.

I think he was half-assing it this time because of all the callbacks.
>>
>>78288371
Maul is probably dead before Episode 6 happens. Plagueis would ruin the prophecy, though.
>>
>>78288392
It's hard to tell if this was due to Williams just not having the spark anymore, or if Abrams just wasn't giving him the right feedback. I'm thinking it was a mix of the two.
>>
>>78288392
Yeah, there was so many fucking callbacks, none of the new stuff was good at all. Worst soundtrack of all the movies.
>>
>>78288382
He's the first likeable droid in the series
>>
>>78288404
I mean, Star Wars movies are kinda defined by the OST. I can't remember ANY music-defining bits in this one. Even Kylo and Han's big moment was kinda flat.
>>
>>78288415

Nigga Threepio is one of the best characters in the series. I hadn't seen the OT in a while and watched it in the marathon before TFA and was smirking at every line he delivered. And R2 is great because of how Threepio plays off of him.
>>
File: Chopper.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Chopper.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>78288415
Uhhhh....

>Huyang
>Chopper
>>
Kylo Ren did nothing wrong and had god awful parents.
>>
>>78288399
Lucas changed his mind about the prophecy so it ties into the Mortis arc, whwre Anakin fails to bring balance to the force, it has fuckall to do with the OT.

Also the prophecy is retarded and I will dance around in a loincloth and a kylo ren mask if it is ever mentioned in a movie again.
>>
>>78288447
At least he wasn't abandoned like Rey
>>
>>78288382
He had his moments, but he really was just Ball R2-D2. Whether you like Chopper or not, at least they decided to give him a personality to distinguish him from Artoo.
>>
>>78288456
>I will dance around in a loincloth and a kylo ren mask
You sound like the type who would do this anyway.
>>
>>78288447

I'm still confused as to what happened. Which is largely because TFA answers literally none of the questions it provokes. But Leia was making it sound like she HAD to send Ben away and that what caused him to get fucked up.
>>
>>78288488
You guys wanna' know about the most hilarious and also depressing thing about this all?

It's probably going to be told through the next two Aftermath books.
>>
>>78288488
It sounded like they had no idea how to handle a powerful Force sensitive kid and handed him off to Luke to be trained. Luke failed, Snoke somehow got his dirty hands on Ben. From what I gathered they weren't as involved in his life after passing him off to Luke, and Leia seemed to think that was where they went wrong.
>>
Just saw it. I did not expect to love how unbelievably tryhard Kylo Ren was. If there was a Linkin Park in the Star Wars Universe, he would have been blasting that shit in his room 24/7.
>>
>>78288543
This. And the weird thing is, I love it.

>Maul was Sadistic
>Sheev was just having fun
>Dooku is a tyrant dictator
>Vader was ruthless, cold, and trying to suppress his feelings
>Kylo is an edgelord wannabe

You'd think I would hate Kylo, but I just wanna see what he is going to fuck up next.
>>
>>78288543
I know, right? He was ten times worse than Anakin but much more fun to watch.
>>
>>78288543
I didn't get that feeling at all.
>>
>>78288584
You telling me all his ranting to Vader, whining to Snoke, and bursts of rage didn't give you the impression of him being an edgelord?

>>78288566
Yeah I agree. Much edgier and unstable than Anakin, but more fun to watch for sure. And I liked Anakin.
>>
>>78288566
>more fun to watch
This, him demolishing that terminal was funny
>>
>>78288630
Kylo Ren ended up being half the movie's comedy.

>A droid stole a freighter??
>>
>>78288543
>>78288563

I love Kylo but I really don't get this. There was nothing tryhard and Linkin Park about Kylo. He was an extremely powerful force user who was abandoned by his family and brainwashed by Snoke.

He's more tragic and unstable than he is edgy and tryhard. The only "tryhard" part is wanting to carry on Vader's legacy.
>>
>>78288608
He wasn't really ranting to Vader, he was just using him as an escape. He was pretty calm during that whole scene.
He only talks to Snoke twice, and he's not even whining.
His tantrums are pretty normal. He's a guy with an inferiority complex and obvious issues, who's completely convinced the Dark Side is the end all be all, anger should come to him easily.
>>
>>78288608

Whining and ranting aren't really edgelord material. If anything that's Maul's area. Quiet and sadistic. He even had the look.

Edgy characters are usually supposed to be cool and badass. Kylo was neither. He was off his nutter.
>>
>>78288641
Me and my cousin were laughing our asses off when he is trashing shit, and the Imperial is pissing himself trying to maintain his composure, only to get choked before he can finish his next sentence. Oh man, that was so funny.
>>
File: 1450445795798.webm (3MB, 608x342px) Image search: [Google]
1450445795798.webm
3MB, 608x342px
>TFA won't even beat Jurassic World, let alone Avatar
>>
>>78288690
Why not?
>>
>>78288690
It has a long ways to go. Many like me are still scared away waiting for the theaters to not be packed and jammed full of people who pre ordered.
>>
>>78288645
Kylo is a whiny fuckboi, he wasn't intimidating or scary he was a whiny bitch trying to act tough. Plus two randos with no lightsaber kick his ass. Though maybe rhea did, she's Luke's kid after all
>>
>>78288703
You havent seen it yet? And you're in a Star Wars thread, on 4chan? Why'd you let yourself get spoiled like this man?
>>
>>78288712
>Rhea
UPDATE THE WOOK
P
D
A
T
E
>>
>>78288722
It got it spoiled for me and I can't pretend it hasn't. I've been happy to see so many movies this year completely spoiler free (not even a trailer), but when you follow extended media and games it's hard to dodge this one.
>>
>>78288722
I'd spoiled myself and still watched it. I knew it would be ANH 2.0 so I didn't care.

Also Starkiller base made me wonder the film would've been if it had been the Star Forge instead.
>>
>>78288690
It's going to beat Jurassic World. Avatar's going to be a tougher fight, but if there's any movie that can do it it's TFA. If this doesn't do it, we'll have to wait years for another movie that will be a strong enough contender.
>>
>>78288654
He's on the edge of tears for half the movie. He's constantly trying to be cooler than he really is, hence the underwhelming helmet removal scene, and he has no cool, something all the Sith before him had. Not to mention the whole Han Solo thing, trying to impress.
>>
>>78288712

Kylo literally never whines in the movie nor does he try to "act tough" at any point it's like you people didn't even watch the movie.
>>
>>78288690
"Jurassic World" was the GOAT, though. Best movie of the year so far.

>The Indominus Rex was more competent than Ultron, Immortan Joe, Yellowjacket and Doctor Doom.
>>
>>78288320
Did Phasma even noticed him?
>>
>>78288438

>has found the courage and ingenuity over the years to become Droid Spymaster of the Resistance
>still a nervous, bumbling fusspot

Threepio is rad as hell. I hope he gets to hang out with Luke again at some point.
>>
>>78288771
She did in Starkiller base.
>>
>>78288762
Did we watch the same movie?
He wasn't tryharding at all, and he was only 'on the edge of tears' in the stabby stab scene.
>>
Tell me how you'd react if Finn has a relationship with the person he had the most chemistry with, Poe, in the next flicks.
>>
>>78288787
All smiles
>>
>>78288762
>kylo
>sith

So you're an idiot
>>
File: 1450283420385.jpg (304KB, 699x1211px) Image search: [Google]
1450283420385.jpg
304KB, 699x1211px
Just came back from the film: Welcome to my blog.

It was A New Hope Part II done half-assed. This isn't even pottery anymore.

Not Tatooine - Jakku
Not Yoda - Maz
Not Vader - Kylo Ren
Not Boba Fett - Captain Phasma
Not Sheev - Snoke
Not Rebellion - Resistance
Not Death Star - Starkiller Base
Not Ace Pilot - Poe

Lawrence Kasdan co-writes ESB and RotJ under Lucas, disagrees with his decisions, gets control of Star Wars only to write A New Hope again.

In the 60 minutes clip, Williams was scoring the film and it wasn't locked to picture. That already made me feel worried. I hate to say it, it pains me to say it, but the score wasn't a standout like we've experience before.

I'm not saying change is bad, but scoring an unlocked film combined with all of the other musical changes like no London Symphony Orchestra and no Abbey Road, set the tone for the quality of the music we got, and it was less then before.

I'm not mad, or disappointed. I knew it was going to be ANH Part 2.5, but it's unfortunate that we start off a new trilogy so weak, and I don't have faith in it. Like before, I'm looking forward to Rogue One more then the new trilogy.

It's even worse that the EU explored the new story concepts better than the film too.
>>
>>78288787
I'd honestly just sigh a breath of relief that they aren't trying to push Black Man X White Woman like every hollywood movie wants to.
>>
>>78288517
They said he was "troubled" or something like that and had too much of his grandfather in him.

So maybe he was just a budding sociopath like Mr. "I KILLED THEM ALL, EVEN THE WOMEN AND THE CHILDREN!" and hoped Luke could do something about it but shit was too fucked.
>>
>>78288762
>>78288786

Not only that but I have no idea what anon is talking about with Kylo trying to act cool. At no point did Kylo ever strike me as trying to "act" anything. The unmasking scene was clearly just a fuck you to Rey who was trying to shit on him for the mask. He got called out so he was like okay mask off then to shut her up.
>>
>>78288803
I agree with you, especially about the soundtrack. God the music was boring.
>>
>>78288803
>Not Vader - Kylo Ren

Ehhh idk about that one. I mean the entire point was kinda that he idolized Vader and despite that he was the polar opposite. The similarities start and end at the mask.
>>
>>78288787
Tears of joy.

>Mfw no deleted of scene of Poe kissing him after telling him to keep the jacket.
>>
>>78288812
>sociopath

Anakin wasn't a sociopath. If anything he cared too much.
>>
>>78288510

just like in the old eu.
>>
>>78288806

Finn was all over Rey and she literally kisses his head endearingly at the end.

Why do people seriously think these two aren't going to end up together.
>>
>>78288645

kylo was never abandoned by his family, this is never implied in the movie. he went to luke for training and then fucked shit up.
>>
>>78288843

Abandoned in the sense that his mother and father sent him away and were barely in his life
>>
>>78288813
But was he actually scary without the mask?
>>
>>78288690

it's already beaten jurassic world
>>
>>78288828
Bipolar maybe? Sorry I don't keep a copy of the fuckin' DSM in front of me like half the internet does.
>>
>>78288836
She called him a friend. Woulda kissed him on the lips if she wanted the D
>>
>>78288849

You don't know if they were "barely" in his life. The visual dictionary describes han as a family man, and that they all had a good relationship until they Kylo fucked things up.

And Kylo WANTED to be trained.

when the prequels came out, people read the side material or further clarification. do the same.
>>
>>78288836
Because Oscar Isaac is prettier.
>>
>>78288820
I agree with you. The point I was trying to make is that everything is just a poor facsimile of what we've seen before. I understand he idolizes Vader, and he has a struggle going on inside of him.

He gets a mask, a voice modulator, a shitty lightsaber, and he's our villain. I truly want to hesitate to call him a 'poor' villain, because blah blah blah future character development, but he, like the other character pastiches, was not good.
>>
>>78288850

I think so personally. He had this unstable creepiness and the way he delivered his lines was even more unsettling without the mask.
>>
>>78288884

Sorry, your meme actor won't have a romance in Star Wars. Get over it.
>>
>>78288886

>le facsimile meme

Seriously, go back to /tv/.
>>
Does anyone know which track or tracks were used in the TFA trailers?
>>
>that subtle coruscant accent that kylo had without the mask
>>
Oscar Isaac and John Boyega had insane on screen chemistry.

It's like Rey didn't even exist.
>>
>>78288895
>meme actor
/tv/ please go.
>>
>>78288909
Right? I want a whole side movie about their misadventures while Rey is off doing whatever she's going to do in Episode VIII.
>>
>>78288902
Never been, mate.

But if /tv/ is saying it, a broken clock is right twice a day.
>>
>>78288875

Lucas has gone on record saying that Han fucking retired after the events of Jedi and led a quiet family life. I don't know why that's hard to believe for some people. It's obvious they both love the hell out of their kid and losing him drove them apart in a terrible way.
>>
>>78288806
The spark was there. It'll probably be explored in the sequels.
>>
>>78288951

I don't know it seems like most of the usual posters are away.

>>78288806

They aren't trying to push anything. They're fast friends with development to maybe follow. And Black man x White Woman is a fucking miniscule in movies. 99% is same race couples.
>>
Gugu Mbatha-Raw is reportedly playing Finn's new love interest, isn't she?
>>
>>78289036
I don't even know how to pronounce that name.
>>
>>78288303
>Rebels makes me excited for new Star Wars movie by showing that maybe Disney does know how to handle the property A hope that was later dashed
>TFA ruins trying to talk about Rebels on /co/ because its the only Star Wars thing anyone wants to discuss
See you guys in a fortnight or something, I guess
>>
File: b5Tf96Y.jpg (2MB, 1458x2160px) Image search: [Google]
b5Tf96Y.jpg
2MB, 1458x2160px
Best Star Wars yet. Tied with ANH and ESB. The future of Star Wars is going to be so fucking good.
>>
>>78289059
What about Rebels would you like to talk about?

I'm excited for the next episode. Great music cue and looks like we'll have some fun action.

https://youtu.be/_JrVry8kgyw?t=4m57s

https://soundcloud.com/deankinersounds/kanan-and-the-walker?in=deankinersounds/sets/star-wars-rebels-music
>>
>>78289072
Shit nigga, you serious? I enjoyed it, dont get me wrong, but I feel like it cant be considered the best, just on principle of the fact that the plot was so rehashed.
>>
Finn was more compelling than Rey. Too bad he wasn't a Jedi as well.
>>
File: SmilingSheev1.jpg (43KB, 434x412px) Image search: [Google]
SmilingSheev1.jpg
43KB, 434x412px
>>78289117
>all the people insisting that the marketing wasn't a ruse, and that Finn really is the main Jedi of the new trilogy
>mfw they're conveniently silent now
>>
>>78289117
I'm confused, was he actually force sensitive?
>>
>>78288766
>"Jurassic World" was the GOAT, though. Best movie of the year so far.
>better than Mad Max
Nah senpai
>>
>>78289131
There wasn't anything in the movie to indicate he was. Unless a later movie reveals that he is, we can assume in the meantime that he doesn't have any Force sensitivity.
>>
>>78289130
Now if we can just get the Plagueis people to shut up
>>
>be me
>be tourist in the USA
>go to cinema, want to see TFA
>am told that I am not allowed to see a movie all by myself as a single
>forced to buy second ticket for a random hobo I found nearby, bring him with me
>buy some popcorn before entering theatre
>"that'll be $9.99 plus tip"
>pay up, go in
>have to climb over all the fat people in scooters
>finally reach my seat
>the classic Star Wars text scrolling intro begins
>loud whistles and clapping in the room
>everyone claps whenever something happens
>Han and Chewie appear a bit later
>clapping becomes so loud my ears are almost bursting
>he says "Chewie... we're home"
>everyone else stands up, I see tears in the eyes of the people next to me
>they clap wildly and shout "USA! USA! USA!"
>one guy claps so hard he breaks his arm
>suddenly hear gunshots
>some kid in a jar jar costume came in from behind with a shotgun and has started gunning down people in the audience
>panic breaks out
>some people are not sure whether to run away or whether to clap and applaud
>I try to make a run for it, but some fatso on a scooter runs me over and I fall down
>get hit by the shooter
>am dying as I type th
>>
>>78289167
The sad part of this is that the most unrealistic part is "plus tip"
>>
>>78289036

no.
>>
>>78289059

tfa and rebels are very similar in tone, don't know why you would hate tfa.
>>
>>78289084

I don't really understand why they're fighting. The Imperial presence has considerably lessened and the old dude they found was in hiding. After they got their info, they should have just hauled ass.
>>
>>78288392
Snoke's theme is boss though it sounds like some kind of ancient evil kind of shit, reminded me of something from Prometheus also sounds exactly the same as the music in Ep.3 when Sheev talks to Anakin about Darth Plagueus.
>>
>>78288438
C3PO is the Jar Jar of the OT
>>
>>78289251
Wrong, no-one liked Jar-Jar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXr3kSnQNsA
>>
>>78289261
>tfw you won't see a sleezy New Yorker Threepio
>>
File: 1450482841580.jpg (726KB, 2032x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1450482841580.jpg
726KB, 2032x1350px
>>78288771
Of course she did
>>
I can't get over how boring Snoke's theme is compared to the Emperor's
>>
File: Yoda.jpg (219KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Yoda.jpg
219KB, 850x1200px
>>78288371
>>78288390
>>78288399
>"A prophecy that misread could have been!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6COXnobZNe8
>>
Where there any cool bits of information that was in the novel left out from the film?
>>
>>78289379
What's this character's name? He stood out to me
>>
Refresh my memory, did Poe and Rey have any interaction at all?
>>
>>78289470
He's just called Riot Control Storm trooper. Don't think there's a canon or fan name yet
>>
>>78289506
They did not.
>>
File: star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg (237KB, 640x743px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg
237KB, 640x743px
Rey is CUTE
C
U
T
E
>>
>>78289470
>>78289521
TRAITOR

>>78289506
No.
>>
V > IV > III > VII > VI >>>>>> I >>>>>> II
>>
>>78289529
>>78289527
Damn shame, and they're supposed to be the new trio. Maybe next time. I wanted to see Poe hit on her.
>>
>>78289537
>I wanted to see Poe hit on her.
I'm pretty sure Poe would ask Finn a silent "You on that?" and then back off.
>>
File: cmon son.jpg (135KB, 600x270px) Image search: [Google]
cmon son.jpg
135KB, 600x270px
>>78289530
>III > VI
>>
>>78289530
I have to say that I agree with you at the end that while some think Phantom Menace is the worst, as bad as it is it doesn't sink to the absolute depths of Attack of the Clones.
>>
>>78289552
Poe, not wanting to give a backrub to his bro.
>>
I just realized that the new movie is just a disney princess movie seeing rey going full mary sue is going to be fun
>>
>>78289564
I tihnk people honestly forget how boring Clones is. Until Geonosis it's a chore to get through. At least Phantom Menace had some form of entertainment and action throughout.
>>
>>78289578
my beef is that it has 3 major plotlines and none of them really wrap up in an interesting way
>>
>>78289568

When Rey and Poe meet in VIII she immediately has a crush on him but he ignores her advances to hang with his bro Finn
>>
>all important lore in the sequel movies
>or the new EU
>world-building put to one side for a shitton of character building
>they found a way to make the death-star boring
>the music was
>worse then the prequels
>introduce good characters, pushed to one side for Ray-mary-sue-skywalker

This is nothing but a 5/10
>>
>>78289596
>bro

Dude is pretty much his father.
>>
>>78289557
ewoks
>>
>>78289596
>love triangle
For the love of god please no
>>
TRAIIIIIITOOOORRRR
>>
>>78289623
Can be ignored with all the Luke and Vader interaction
>>
>>78288543
Kylo is the shit
>>
Why does nobody seem to remember Ren got shot before his fight (by a bowcaster no less) to the point of notably bleeding so he was clearly off his game
>>
File: finn-and-poe-dameron-reunite.jpg (104KB, 930x697px) Image search: [Google]
finn-and-poe-dameron-reunite.jpg
104KB, 930x697px
>>78289633
Didn't realize that implication my mind immediately went to Finn and Poe's Excellent Adventure
>>
>>78289657
But that's what everyone keeps talking about.
>>
>>78289072
>Best Star Wars yet.
I'll just say it's my third favorite and leave it at that
>>
>>78289666
That's not true at all. Everybody's like "hurr how did he not just take out Finn and Rey in like one second? Doesn't he have more durr" and it's like nobody remembers that he was completely off his fucking game to the point that he had to beat his own wound to not go unconscious

(I was trying to figure out why he was doing that too, like "dude what the fuck" until I realized he was hitting his wound)
>>
Since Rey has a staff throughout the film it would be cool to see some kind of staff lightsaber, would that even be possible, it would probably look too much like Darth Mauls. Perhaps go full on Gandalf the White and use both a staff and a one-handed lightsaber.
>>
>>78289664
Save it for the novel inbetween VII and VIII when Finn wakes up and they have super bro adventures
>>
>>78288803
>Rey is Ben cousin

Nope, that will be the twist. She is not actually related to Luke. He was more surprised by the lightsaber than by her.
>>
>>78288510
Nah Aftermath is gonna be all about Cuck Wendig's shitty OCs.

My hopes are it will be in New Republic: Bloodlines
>>
>>78289748
So her parents?

Why didn't they show up and won't ever?
>>
Just got back from the film, over all i liked it but Rey was kinda boring.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6291092

If you've not voted yet, feel free!
>>
>>78289781
I assumed she was sold and in denial about it
>>
>>78288630
And those two troopers who said NOPE and walked away
>>
>>78289830
I was really amused by that scene after she eats, and puts the helmet on.
>>
>>78289072
It was pretty good, but the acting was poor, and the dialogue had way too much stupid rapid-fire banter.
I also didn't like how nothing Rei was. Well, she was a Mary-Sue, but that's basically the same thing.
Still a good movie, way better than the prequels that's for damn sure.
>>
Am I wrong for expecting for finn to go full nigger he was pretty close to being one for not knowing his father
>>
File: Fair enough.webm (731KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Fair enough.webm
731KB, 480x360px
>>78289623
>>
>>78289530
V = IV = VII > III = VI >>>>>> I >>>>>> II
>>
>>78289578
The Count Dooku reveal falls completely flat because you've never seen the guy before
>>
>>78289887
>VII > III = VI
Certainly an odd opinion you have...
>>
File: 1317769314057.png (11KB, 117x135px) Image search: [Google]
1317769314057.png
11KB, 117x135px
>>78288320
That motherfucker. I almost bought his figure at the merch stand after the movie based on how sick that scene was.
>>
>>78289623
Wait, now we hate ewoks?

There is something we don't hate at this point?
>>
>>78288320
>a stormtrooper literally using a storm baton
The funny thing is that he decided to slap his shit instead of shooting him
>>
>>78289897
TFA had a lot of good shit going on and had no major negative points, where both Sith and Jedi have infamous low points to go with their great high points.
>>
>>78289925
That makes sense I guess.
>>
>>78289915
Ewoks have been hated since Jedi came out
>>
>>78289870
Is it better than ROTJ?
>>
File: 513fc042b8fbe0dfb6d218f95ec6f576.jpg (151KB, 1009x555px) Image search: [Google]
513fc042b8fbe0dfb6d218f95ec6f576.jpg
151KB, 1009x555px
>>
>>78289915
>Wait, now we hate ewoks?
Have we ever truly liked Ewoks? I have always thought they were a mistake

>>78289948
I thought it was
>>
File: shiny and chrome.jpg (102KB, 768x1280px) Image search: [Google]
shiny and chrome.jpg
102KB, 768x1280px
>>78289923
Protocol dictates that deserters and traitors get the shit beaten out of em. He was just following orders, like a good soldier.
>>
>really enjoy Genndy Clone Wars series even though it's pretty much non-canon now
>want to watch new Star Wars material because of the new film
>absolutely have not touched the newer Clone Wars series or Rebels series

It's just kind of dumb to watch so much shit happen and then no one say absolutely anything about it in the film's you know? Is it really worth watching despite that though? It just seems like a bunch of events packed in between the film's that everyone suddenly seems to have forgotten about when you a tally watch the main films.
>>
File: FinalizerSD-Fathead.png (2MB, 2032x1548px) Image search: [Google]
FinalizerSD-Fathead.png
2MB, 2032x1548px
I'll admit I wasn't crazy about this design at first, but after seeing it in theaters it's starting to grow on me a bit.
>>
File: WITNESSED.jpg (54KB, 1200x505px) Image search: [Google]
WITNESSED.jpg
54KB, 1200x505px
>>78290011
Can't wait for Trey to appear in the new EU
>>
>>78289948
It was a mixed bag, to be honest, and the shit I didn't like might be right up your alley. But on general principle, I wouldn't say JJ Abrams can make a better film than any of the original trilogy installments.

Bonus points for tons of practical effects and a straightforward plot, though.
>>
>>78290003
Well, I do know a lot of women who liked them

I think they being the Lucas trend of 'good idea, bad execution'. Their general theme of being primitive creatures who overcome more technological enemies with courage and ingenuity is pretty much one of the major themes of Star Wars personified.

If they just shanked the Stormtroopers and ate them alive, than most people would have probably found them awesome to be honest.
>>
>>78290048
>than
*then
>>
>>78290032
Yes, watch it. The shows are good, leagues better than the Genddy one.

And drop that mentality. By that logic, you'd expect everything from the movies to be mentioned in the cartoons too. Things can stand on their own, while also benefit each other without having to make direct callbacks y'know.
>>
>>78290011
Man, i really have to redo this when i have time.
>>
/tv/ here.

Can any of you /co/fags fill me in with the political situation of the galaxy and what exactly the republic are doing?

Abrahams' fan-pandering film didn't explain anything
>>
>>78290082
You're right, it didnt explain shit.

TL;DR - Rebels won the war and now the New Republic is in charge, The Empire was kinda disbanded and so small and insignificant that the New Republic let them fuck off to do whatever, believing they werent a threat.

However Leia put together the "Resistance", who are separate from the New Republics main forces, because she knew the First Order was becoming a military threat, and needed to be stopped.

I think that sums it up.
>>
>>78290082
No, go away.
>>
>>78290082
Basically

The New Republic moves it's senate from system to system in order to appear less centralised than the old Republic. The First Order are the leftovers of the Empire when they fled to the unknown regions following their defeat.

I don't really know what the Resistance are exactly, the NR pretty much don't want to help them a lot because, money I guess. They also don't want to maintain a large defence force lest they become the new Empire
>>
>>78290105

If the New Republic are in charge of the majority of the galaxy how come they have such a small military presence - and how does the First Order managed to buld a WMD 10 times bigger thant he death star?

I assumed it was a 50/50 split in the galaxy.
>>
>>78290112
Thank you anon. I remember someone posting a picture of a book explaining how there was still resentment towards the old republic re: the war and how people did not want to get involved with newer conflict. I can't find it now though
>>
File: We don't know.gif (994KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
We don't know.gif
994KB, 250x250px
>>78290140
>>
>>78290140
No fucking clue. Honestly, seemed like they bullshitted their way through the backstory to make it as close to ANH as possible.

The "yay the jedi are back, jk, they all died again offscreen" thing especially. VI was called "Return of the Jedi" for a reason, Luke's victory was quite literally for nothing now. The Empire is back, 5 planets got destroyed, and the Jedi aren't even around to help like you'd think they'de be following the events of VI.
>>
>>78290082
Basically the Republic recognizes to the FO the right to exist as some kind of legit faction.

But they don't trust them so they fund the Resistance, since they can't face them publicily because they are suposedly in peace.
>>
File: 1450033024695.jpg (91KB, 566x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450033024695.jpg
91KB, 566x480px
>>78290065
>leagues better than Genndy
>>
>>78290140
I think there was something in the picture book about how there's a lot of in fighting in the senate and they didn't consider the First Order a threat at all and ignored them entirely
>>
>>78290195
>The Space Nazis who's forebears killed a load of people have a right to exist

So they really are just North Korea.
>>
>>78290211
Actually I think that's a good example.
>>
>>78290206
>2 hours of Samurai Jack-style over the top action scenes
>110+ episodes of top of the industry Animation, complete with action, but also the story and development of the characters to add and expand the franchise as a whole
ya
>>
>>78290235
Yeah, now I think about it that's what they are. Some small-fry oppressive power that the not-west is formally against but doesn't want to do anything against. So just hands some people who are fighting it a little cash and say 'eh, do well'.
>>
>>78290209
Do you happen to have the picture?
>>
>>78290032
>It's just kind of dumb to watch so much shit happen and then no one say absolutely anything about it in the film's you know?
You know that's why it's called Expanded Universe right?
>>
>>78290259
Uhh, you know its not called that, right?

The EU was killed off in 2014.

Its just "Canon" and "Legends" now. No tiers, no in-betweens.
>>
>>78290048
>If they just shanked the Stormtroopers and ate them alive, than most people would have probably found them awesome to be honest.
It's not just that these things beat the Empire though, it's that they spend like half an hour dicking around with them when this is supposed to be this final epic movie of the trilogy and we're spending it watching our beloved main cast trying to not get eaten by natives and tricking them into thinking Threepio is a god which is literally Saturday morning cartoon tier and it goes on for far far too long.
>>
>>78290257
I don't but I think >>78290195 was more correct than I was.
>>
>>78290281
Well to be fair, we did spend a large amount of time in Empire dicking about on Dagobah with a puppet. However, that is a fair point.
>>
>>78290279
Well if you want to get technical, it's really called supplementary materials. What I was trying to say is that the reason this stuff exists is so you can read about things that happen outside of the movies which does not need to be mentioned in them, which is the whole point

Speaking of which, does anybody else feel like at some point in the next five or so years there's going to be a cartoon about what happened between VI and VII because we really need some stuff to explain that middle period
>>
File: Monmothma.jpg (273KB, 1200x1525px) Image search: [Google]
Monmothma.jpg
273KB, 1200x1525px
>>78290140
Mon Mothma didn't want people to see the NR as just another Empire, so she downsized the fleet.

When you stop and think about it, the leaders of the rebellion kind of stupid. They don't want a return to freedom, and justice, and peace, they want a return to the status quo before the Clone Wars, back when everything quiet and hunky dory. Failing to remember that it was that exact kind of stagnation and complacency that led to the fall of the Republic in the first place.
>>
>>78290319
The actual dicking around, that being Yoda pretending to be a retard, was only like five minutes and I wouldn't really call that a detour either since Lucas was going for the "crazy old man is actually wise mentor" thing. I hope you're not trying to say Luke's training was dicking around because it most certainly was not
>>
>>78290325
The Republic fell because the Jedi went full retard and complacent, not the Senate itself.

Also, Sidious, clouding judgement, Force bullshit, etc.
>>
>>78290325
>Mon Mothma didn't want people to see the NR as just another Empire, so she downsized the fleet.

Not doubting you anon, but where was this said?
>>
>>78290362

>not knowing that corruption was ride in the senate
>calls self a star wars fan
>>
>>78290344
I suppose I might say 'I didn't find it that interesting', so yes I suppose I am calling it that, from a certain point of view.

Really, after the asteroid sequence ends, I tend to switch the channel when watching ESB. Though the ending on Cloud City is fantastic, no denying that.
>>
>>78290279
>The EU was killed off in 2014.

Honestly didn't see the point of that. I mean I understand by eliminating it they can do whatever they want with the new movies, but EU was huge and only an small fraction would collide with the movies, why make all the story of the galaxy empty? Why not just override the part that conflicts with the new movies?
>>
>>78290431
>only a small fraction would collide with the movies
Nigga what? I can name 50 different ways the EU differs from TFA
>>
>>78290362
Everyone went full retard and complacent. The Republic hadn't had a unified military force in centuries, and when people tried to reintroduce one there were others like Padme who said no. Dooku flat out told Obi-Wan that the senate were under the Sith's thumb and they didn't even know it.
>>
>>78290431
I think they didn't want to worry about any of the new spin-off material conflicting with the old stuff and figured it would be easier to just start fresh with a few exceptions. Over time, we may see some stuff get brought back that's both popular and doesn't conflict with what they have in mind for the new canon.
>>
File: finn.jpg (18KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
finn.jpg
18KB, 540x540px
Finn is the best character in the movie. He plays well off of every other character, has the most interesting character arc and pulls off dramatic and comedic scenes. He steals the show.
>>
>>78290431
>Why not just override the part that conflicts with the new movies

Okay. Jacen, Jaina, Anakin, and Ben don't exist. I'm sure that won't effect the dozens and dozens of books that focus on them
>>
>>78290517
Agreed
>>
File: 91-wvI3QQkL._SL1500_.jpg (228KB, 1500x997px) Image search: [Google]
91-wvI3QQkL._SL1500_.jpg
228KB, 1500x997px
>>78290517
You should see John Boyega in Attack on the Block.
>>
>>78290473
The EU is 30 years of expanded universe information about basically everything but the movies. Only like 20% deals with the time period covered in TFA
>>
>>78290546
He's a Brit? Damn I didn't know
>>
>>78290517
Him and Poe have the best chemistry of all the characters. I want to see more of them being bros in VIII.
>>
>>78290431
>Honestly didn't see the point of that
Because not only did all of them not mesh with each other, they would have been limited by fanbosy wondering why x wasn't exactly like y in z book.
>>
File: 1364619792452.jpg (24KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
1364619792452.jpg
24KB, 490x490px
>>78290517
>We use the force
>That's not how it works

>>78290546
I was surprised at how well he hid his accent
>>
>>78290517
I think most people who saw the movie feels that way. I was really surprised with how fun Finn as a character was because I didn't get that aspect of his character from the trailers at all.
>>
>>78290517
>That fucking thumbs up from him and BB-8.

Amazing.
>>
>>78290598
>Chewie being top-tier wingman saying saving Rey was his idea
>>
My favorite part of Finn was how much he believed he was the main character of the movie and kept doing main character things and just ended up derping all over himself
>>
>>78289974
They look sweet
>>
>>78290582
Why did he use an American accent?
>>
File: He was a good feel.png (351KB, 1920x1198px) Image search: [Google]
He was a good feel.png
351KB, 1920x1198px
Chewie's roar when Han dies.

My heart broke.
>>
>>78290624
That's a usual attitude for secondary comic relief
>>
>>78290624
>I'll save you Rey!

>Oh you have things handled...

>Let's infiltrate the Starkiler and rescue Rey.

>Oh she's already half way out...

>I'll stop you Ren!

>Nop lol.
>>
>>78289147
Actually, yes.
>>
File: stars.jpg (61KB, 640x347px) Image search: [Google]
stars.jpg
61KB, 640x347px
So it's obvious that there is going to be a love triangle for Finn's affections. So who do you think he should end up with?

Poe or Rey?
>>
>>78290649
Wish your brain broke too, memefaggot.
>>
>>78290694
She obviously falls for Kylo instead because she needs to fix him
>>
>>78290663
He does do some cool stuff to offset that though. Saves Poe, destroys the tie fighters in the dogfight on Jakku, fights admirably in the battle at the watering hole, creates the plan to destroy the starkiller, puts Phasma in her place and saves Rey against Kylo.
>>
File: november 150.jpg (204KB, 764x1048px) Image search: [Google]
november 150.jpg
204KB, 764x1048px
>>78290625

>>78290694
Poe, obviously.
>>
>>78290694
Poe, obliviously.

>>78290706
Why so angry, friend?
>>
>>78290694
Finn's true love is Poe and I don't care what anybody says.
>>
>>78290694
Poe, Rey a shit
>>
>>78290716
That would be a very female thing to do.

>He tortured me, try to kill my first ever friend and me and killed my new father figure but he's so DREAMY!
>>
>>78290663
My favorite was how he kept doing the MC "hold her hand and run" and she was like "no dude, I can run" and he kept doing it

>>78290661
Secondary comic reliefs generally don't do shit. I say he kept derping all over himself but that's only when he tried to be the protagonist he wasn't. He had his own moments of glory
>>
>>78290694
Rey. She's thirsty and she don't even know it.

>You came back for me... "hug"
>>
Do you guys actually want Poe to end up with Finn? I'm just saying, IT'S 2015.

They could really really do it

>>78290716
>Wanting Twilght
>>
>>78290642

British is kinda sorta the official Imperial accent.
>>
>>78290758
You know that was a joke,right?
>>
>>78290764
It's the Core World accent. I do like the fact that there are more Brits on the good side this time around though.
>>
New Lego parodies when?
>>
>>78290758
Best friends sure I don't want them to have a canon relationship
>>
>>78290727
You're all succumbing to the meme side and none of you even realise it for some inane reason. Do you not see how those two faces have tricked you all into thinking that they're acceptable when they're really no different from the deservedly outlawed rage faces of old?
>>
>>78290747
Comic relief who thinks they're the main character is pretty common
>>
File: star-wars-FOREVER.jpg (130KB, 1006x672px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-FOREVER.jpg
130KB, 1006x672px
Are you ready for 5 years of Star Wars?
>>
>>78290547
And you think Disney will just stop once they've done 7,8 and 9? Nigger they're making Star Wars movies for years to come.
>>
>>78290834
>Big Trouble in Little Starkiller
>>
File: star-wars-rebels (1).png (211KB, 736x381px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-rebels (1).png
211KB, 736x381px
>>78290835
Yes
>>
>>78290547
Based on the visual dictionary and what it says about galactic history, basically everything post ROTJ couldn't have happened. NJO, LotF, FotJ.

And I'm pretty sure pre-TPM isn't 80% of the EU
>>
>>78290835
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqedbxGxfgE
>>
>>78290835
>2018
>STAR WARS STORY
GET HYPE

>>78290835
We've had Star Wars almost non-stop since the Prequel trilogy ended. There was a brief gap from 2005-2008
>>
>>78290835
I still don't understand why Rogue One is getting a movie. Gee I wonder if they get the plans for the Death Star
>>
>>78290835
Well I've been watching TCW/Rebels for 5 years so yes
>>
It seems to me that no one in here knows what a TRILOGY its suppose to mean.
Everyone is saying the movie lack in backstory for Rey, Kylo and all that shit about thr Republic, can't you see that they will expand on that in the next movies? JJ just said that in an interview yesterday.
>>
Why do the Star Wars movies have with really big timeskips? Like really, in the first movie the Clone Wars started and in the next one is finished, it feels all really awkward
>>
Was anybody else super mad the two guys from The Raid didn't have a fight scene?

That and the Knights of Ren only being a vision thing were the only two things that seriously bothered me in the movie

>>78290901
Journey, not destination anon
>>
File: 1440039807275.jpg (40KB, 426x360px) Image search: [Google]
1440039807275.jpg
40KB, 426x360px
>>78290801
Sounds like you've given into the autism side my friend.
>>
>>78290866
It kind of is. A very large portion of the EU is the history of the universe which goes back thousands of years. There's only 100 or so after RotJ.
>>
>>78290694
Obvious? Seriously? Finn had more sexual chemistry with Poe. They should just get together.
>>
>>78290929
A galaxy-spanning conflict is going to take a long time to resolve. You don't need to see the whole thing, just the key moments.

But you'll probably get a tv series/novel/video game/trading card game to fill in the gap anyway.
>>
>>78290835
I hope the next trilogy is set during the Old Republic.

But that won't be until 2021.
So they better release books/comics/tv show about the Old Republic before then.
>>
>>78290911
Got a link?
>>
>>78290937
I mean it could've been about anything like a crew of X-Wing pilots on a random mission between IV and V. Making it about the Death Star plans seems kinda lame, though Alan Tuydk and Ghost Dog make me kinda excited
>>
>>78290835
I'm looking forward to STAR WARS STORY.
>>
File: 1441675396385.gif (1MB, 392x400px) Image search: [Google]
1441675396385.gif
1MB, 392x400px
>There was no mass shooting at any screening in the US
>>
>>78291022
>tfw it's a Life Day Story.
>>
>>78291022
That's the Han Solo movie
>>
>>78291026
I was hoping someone dressed as Kylo would start hitting people with a light saber
>>
>>78291026
Our theater had signs posted at the register
>We're allowing cosplay
>You can wear masks and bring lightsabers
>NO BLASTERS
>No disintegrations
>>
>>78291054
But disintegrators are illegal already.
>>
>>78291118
DistergaTIONS, not Disintegrators.
>>
>>78291139
>DistergaTIONS

Jesus I fucked that up, DisintergraTIONS... whatever.
>>
>>78290948
Your meme mind tricks won't work on me! Just you wait, I'll expose the biggest trick of all: That the supreme admin is a Meme Lord of the Facebooks! You cannot silence the Rebellion!
>>
TR-8R is the real hero
>>
Captain Itho and Riot Trooper spin-offs when?
>>
File: 135436645364.jpg (19KB, 234x224px) Image search: [Google]
135436645364.jpg
19KB, 234x224px
>>78291218
>TR-8R

That's pretty great
>>
>>78291026
I'm totally surprised myself
>>
>>78291255
I stole it from /tv/
>>
>>78291026
There were multiple police just hanging out in and around my theater on Thursday night. Nothing happened, but it's obvious that they considered it a possibility. Not even in a bad neighborhood or inner city area either, actually an upscale theater too with a bar/restaurant, reclining seats, an IMAX screen, etc. They definitely were stopping people trying to bring in toy Lightsabers though, forced a couple of guys to hand them over at the ticket counter.
>>
>>78291311
They have their moments
>>
>>78291252
I still hope he survived the battle in the planet, even if he was captured by the Resistance because the fucker charged against the ground troops when the Resistance showed up.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks Ewan's English accent in the prequels is absolutely atrocious? He should stick to either American or his native Scottish
>>
>>78291364
If Boba can fly out of the Sarlacc Pit then he can make it
>>
>>78291407
It's actually supposed to be upper-class Scottish. Similar to Alec.
>>
>>78290979
This. Im not even mad they are cute as fuck together.
>>
So, why does Rey have an English accent? None of the Skywalkers have before, which it still seems like she must be one, and she spent most of her life growing up on an outer rim backwater where that accent wouldn't be commonplace. Is it foreshadowing or was the actress just not capable of losing the accent?
>>
So how will Phasma escape the trash compactor?
>>
>>78291509
Probably pretty easily. The X-Wings were destroying all kinds of systems in their attack so it probably lost power before crushing her and she found her way out like the OT gang did in ANH.
>>
>>78291498
The latter.
Boyega should have kept his accent since he was part of the First Order if anything
>>
>>78291509
Since she is a double agent im sure she has a contingency plan.
>>
>>78291498
Probably learnt galatic standard from an Imperial textbook/hologram/TV/radio, and that gave her the accent.

It would be fucking hilarious though, if Rey is Lukes kid. She finds him, he's about to say something then she comes out and she sounds like a bridge officer of a star destroyer
>>
>>78291498
Maybe because most basic speaking beings on jakku have that accent.
>>
>>78291578
>double agent
Where are you getting that notion from?
>>
>>78291550
I think Boyega's accent was Thames Estuary/East London, which is about as foreign to the "Imperial" accent as American is
>>
I can understand Riot Trooper calling Finn a traitor, cause in an army, soliders are pretty much brothers in arms or whatever, but why would Kylo care?

I mean Kylo yelled out traitor when they fought. Why would he even care about one trooper leaving the cause?
>>
File: 1450501775162.jpg (975KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
1450501775162.jpg
975KB, 3024x4032px
>>78291509
She still had her com so she probably got out immediately

>>78291578
She's too loyal for that
>>
>>78291621
>implying he wasn't talking about Rey betraying the Knights
>>
>>78291621
Maybe it's just a First Order thing. Finn had been basically fucking up his plans all movie too
>>
>>78291498
In canon, Jakku is the site of a fucking massive Imperial defeat. Quite a few Imperial stragglers were around on Jakku, and the galatic standard spoken became either versions of the core world accent, or bastardizations of it
>>
>>78291612
No way in hell would she lower those sheilds if she wasn't. She is a high ranking officer in an imperial cult I most of the first order would eat a blaster before betraying their comrads.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpS6TlqgLIQ
Well /co/? Is Landis wrong?
>>
>>78291629
Yeah so loyal she lowered the sheilds to save herself and destroyed an entire planet as a result. Super loyal.
>>
File: Protect her smile.jpg (94KB, 900x508px) Image search: [Google]
Protect her smile.jpg
94KB, 900x508px
>>78288803
>tfw Kasdan got to reuse his "now I am Vader" twist from back when he was writing Return of the Jedi with George

>An idea that even George thought was stupid
>>
Rey was conceived by the force
>>
File: 1410999149357.gif (894KB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
1410999149357.gif
894KB, 300x167px
HOLY FUCK

I JUST REALIZED CAPTAIN PHASMA PORN IS AS EASY AS TAKING A TALL WOMAN WITH BIG HIPS/TITS AND PUTTING A CAPTAIN PHASMA MASK ON HER.

IT'S SO EASY TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THE REAL THING.
>>
>>78289051
Goo-goo Mm-batharaw

It's really not that hard
>>
>>78291680
Yeah Rey was a Mary Sue, she could've been a bit more fleshed out
>>
>>78291755
I think the "M" is silent.
>>
>>78291621
I was actually wondering this myself. It's not like he cares about the Stormtroopers at all and he certainly doesn't even know him. Maybe calling him by his number, which in effect is his name to the First Order, would be like acknowledging him as more than a filthy betrayer. I do think it also at least partly hinges on what Kylo Ren believes his cause to be though, which we don't have a real clear picture of at the moment. I really wish we had context for his fall to the dark side because I don't really get how Han and Leia's son could just become evil and moreover, so determined to be that. Something about the First Order thoroughly matters to him, in a way that the Empire never actually mattered to Vader. For all intents and purposes, I don't think Vader ever actually believed in what he was fighting for, it was just the path he was stuck on and he was content unleashing his rage on whatever he was pointed at because he had nothing left.
>>
>>78290685
>I enjoyed the shitty "but mah pwrents/older brother is a prick" subplot
sanpai pls
>>
>>78290911
>It seems to me that no one in here knows what a TRILOGY its suppose to mean.

It seems that you are one not getting that.

>Everyone is saying the movie lack in backstory for Rey, Kylo and all that shit about thr Republic, can't you see that they will expand on that in the next movies?

Subsequent installments in good trilogies expand on the foundation that was established in the first part, instead of patching holes in it. Ep. IV provided all the relevant explanations about every character, while establishing the universe, and using no more infodump dialogue than VII. And this foundation was strong enough that it held even after the plot was radically reimagined by making Skywalker Sr. and Darth Vader the same person.

That VII had left crucial things to be explained in the following movies means that it has a weak plot, no more and no less.
>>
>>78291769
>she could've been a bit more fleshed out
There are TWO MORE MOVIES for this
>>
>>78291621
Because everything that happened was all his fault.

If he doesn't turn turncoat and free Poe, BB-8 waits like a sitting duck and gets captured.
If he doesn't tell the rebellion how the starkiller works and how to destroy it, the First Order wins and takes over the galaxy.

He is directly responsible for their ultimate defeat and for an encore challenges Kylo to a duel. I imagine Kylo would be absolutely livid at the very thought of Finn.
>>
>>78291782
>it. Ep. IV provided all the relevant explanations about every character, while establishing the universe, and using no more infodump dialogue than VII
Because who the characters are specifically is not a major mystery/plot point of the OT
>>
>Rey force stealing training
this is where I flip my shit. I think the writers took that "jedi mind trick" thing a little bit too seriously and pretty much made her a fucking mary sue. the previous fight with Finn and Ren was badass because he had to step up to the challenge and you knew he wasn't gonna make it but you wanted him to win and avenge Solo, but then comes Rey and fucks up Ren, she should have struggled to defeat him because if not then Ren comes up as a throwaway unimportant villain like Darth Maul or Phasma and his design is not as cool as Darth Maul.
"time to complete his training" that's fucking bullshit.

so yeah, the trailers were hinting that Finn was the one with the force but it's actually Rey, until you see the poster of course, but all that made me like Finn more, he reminds me of Luke who wants to escape his boring/evil life and that's where I think I got my money's worth and walked out happy.

and the movie ended not in a group stillshot, that bothered me.
>>
>>78291693
She believed the First Order could stop the resistance
>>
>>78291621
Finn is Force-sensitive and betrayed them to the Light.
>>
>>78291798
That's not an excuse to make her flat in the first movie
>>
>>78291769
>Rey was a Mary sue

It took THREE tries for her to trick a storm trooper, and Kylo was already ruined from both Chewies blaster shot and Finn getting a hit on his arm.

And Kylo isn't fully trained either as Snoke says it's time to finish his training.

There is nothing to indicate she's a mary sue of any kind.
>>
>>78291819
>and the movie ended not in a group stillshot, that bothered me.
Autism
>>
>>78289870
>acting was poor

I know this doesn't mean much but the acting was better in this one than all the other Star Wars films.
>>
>>78291886
you're not fucking serious.
>>
>>78290642
Rey used her natural accent, and I think they wanted to have their two leads have very distinct voices.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlHPPh-KuM0&feature=youtu.be

John a best
>>
>>78290624
That was a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>78291819
>she should have struggled to defeat him
Oh yeah cause as soon as she started it was so easy to beat him right?
>>
>>78290036
I wasn't a fan of how they always shot it close up.
>>
>>78291629
>Phasma's armor is chromed from Palpatine's Nubian shuttle
>>
>Finn gets hit in the arm
>every shot after takes care not to put his arm in the frame

he lost it, didn't he.
>>
>>78291976
Unless he got hit in his arm after he got sliced in the back, I'm pretty sure its still there
>>
>>78291874
Three tries within a minute, with no prior knowledge of how to use the force or attempts. She was even able to get into Kylo's head during the interrogation. Sure Ren wasn't fully trained but at least he was trained and by two masters. And before that she was a skilled pilot/mechanic/fighter/linguist. The one mistake she made of releasing the aliens in the Falcon turned out to be the right thing to do.
>>
>>78291948
after mind stealing his training, yeah.
bullshit. Luke never did that.
>>
>>78291886
Better than the OT? No anon. On par for the most part, I'd agree. It was certainly not bad, only autist shitposters would think so. Easily better than the prequels though because of better written dialogue.
>>
What's a good run to start with when it comes to star wars comics lads? Assume I've only seen the films.
>>
>>78291917
Yes I am. The acting in the last six films has been mediocre at best, with good acting wildly unbalanced by terrible acting. Very few characters in VII were badly acted, unless you just really hated how Kylo was played.
>>
>>78292006
Where do people get that she was mind stealing his training? I thought she was just using the Force
>>
>>78291939
John is too based
>>
>>78291973
Sheev LIVES
>>
>>78291939
He's too good for these racist nerds.
>>
File: kathleen_kennedy-27421eba1c97.jpg (100KB, 372x464px) Image search: [Google]
kathleen_kennedy-27421eba1c97.jpg
100KB, 372x464px
>"Part of my responsibility too is I need to bring other women along," she says. "I don't think we can just stand by and keep talking about it from the standpoint of victimizing ourselves or complaining about it. We've got to do something about it."

>Women now make up nearly half of her executive staff at Lucasfilm. Four of the six people in her development team are women. And yet, she says, not a single woman called her about writing or directing Star Wars.

>"Sometimes women don't take the initiative that they should," she says. "The phone didn't ring."

How long until she replaces Dave Filoni and Pablo Hidalgo?

http://www.npr.org/2015/12/17/459976428/kathleen-kennedy-from-standing-in-line-to-see-star-wars-to-producing-it-herself
>>
>>78292020
Start from the beginning. Their isnt a lot to catch up on. Star Wars and Darth Vader are the main two
>>
>>78292054
Filoni's only role is that he's behind Rebels, right?
>>
>>78292022
Adam Driver was the best acted character in the film and honestly elevates the material, but you're way off base thinking the acting in the OT or for at least some of the prequel characters was in any way bad in comparison.
>>
>>78288766
>triggering the Mad Max shitposter
>>
>>78291999
Gee I bet she never had any prior training that will be expanded upon in the next movie. I know being autistic mean you can't pick up on subtle things, like when she mentions seeing so much green for the first time and han is CRUSHED by the statement. He would only be upset if he somehow felt responsible for her isolation. Step it up senpai.
>>
Okay we know Kanan would have wiped the floor with any of TFA lightsaber wielders so lets step it down:

http://strawpoll.me/6308530
>>
>>78291999
>Able to get into Kylo's head
He created the bridge, she just walked across it

>Skilled pilot/mechanic
Skywalker blood for the pilot. Mechanic both because Skywalker blood and she had to learn about technology to survive.

>Fighter
Gotta learn how to fight to survive the thugs and rape gangs

>linguist
Everyone's a damn linguist when you live in a melting pot like that market place.
>>
>>78292026
The force doesn't work like that >:(
>>
>>78292085
What an awful fucking poll. Kanan wouldn't have wiped the floor with Kylo nor could Ezra
>>
>>78292085
Ezra can't even duel the Inquisitors properly yet.
>>
>>78292054
Without J.J., I am terribly afraid of what this retarded cunt is going to do to Star Wars. I get the feeling he was the last advocate for George Lucas' vision for Star Wars they had left and now it's just going to become SJW agenda pushing trash.
>>
>>78292085
>http://strawpoll.me/6308530
Kylo was only shit because he got shot. I'm interested to see him at "full strength" and how the new movies handle high-level lightsaber fights.
>>
>>78292088
This. This. This. Thanks for actually paying attention anon I look forward to posting with you over the next few years
>>
>>78292103

The Inquisitors have been more impressive than Kylo Ren has been.
>>
How will Episode VIII ape "The Empire Strikes Back"?
>>
>>78292150
Hardly. The inquistors have shown to be weak in the force, Kylo stopped a blaster in the air we have never seen that before.
>>
An uninjured Kylo would probably beat Kanan if only because he seems to have some strong force skills. Ahsoka would wreck him though.
>>
File: yar.jpg (82KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
yar.jpg
82KB, 401x401px
>>78292088
>rape gangs
>>
>>78292174
Darker tone, bigger star destroyer, lost hands, family revelations, and AT-ATs
>>
>>78292174
As long as they don't repeat 'Attack of the Clones', they could give us Ewok or Gungan Jedi for all I care.
>>
>>78292096
But mind stealing does?
>>
>>78292045
fuck you, he was the best character in the movie.
>>
>>78292174
I think they already covered ANH and TESB in this one movie. Even had ROTJ a bit in it
>>
>>78292150
Fuck no, that's absolutely wrong. Not only are none of the Inquisitors compelling characters at all, they also have nowhere near the level of power he has. He's of the Skywalker lineage, he simply can't control his power for whatever reason, either lack of training or being too unstable, and the Inquisitors are purposefully weaker than even a half trained Jedi because that's where Vader and Palpatine want them. They serve a purpose, but they aren't on the level of real Force users. It's not even a contest, he's an actual character and they're cartoon villains.
>>
are you fags seriously thinking Rey, who was presented as mostly hapless, is more of a Mary Sue than Luke 'better than a military pilot' Skywalker and Anakin 'Won The Grand Prix At Ten Years Old' Skywalker? I'm not saying I found the presentation that good, but it's hardly news that Star Wars has poor writing.
>>
>>78292174

>Join me, and together, we shall conquer your therapy
>BEN KENOBI SOLO, YOU JOIN ME YOUNG MAN - I AM YOUR MOTHER!
>>
File: 1448372067541.png (665KB, 440x701px) Image search: [Google]
1448372067541.png
665KB, 440x701px
ten bucks reys mom is Phasma
>>
>>78292206
Fuck I want it
>>
>>78290243
action wasnt as good though, and I thought most people agreed that The Clone wars was better at plot and Genndy Wars was for the action.
>>
People are saying Finn cracks a slight smile when Rey kisses him. True? I didn't motive it.
>>
>>78292283
>Faking a coma. Works like a charm.
>>
>>78292081
>in the next movie
is this your fucking argument? that everything is going to be explained later? they need to hook us into liking this first movie so we want to watch the next, if ruining their seventh try with mary sues and weak villains is something you like then you're the autist for defending the movie.
>>
>>78292307
It's a good trick
>>
>>78292081
That's just an assumption he could've looked like that because he felt sorry for her being stuck on Jakku or because she reminded him of Luke when they first met. Even if she did have training it must have been when she was five or six, while Kylo's been trained from that age and forward.

>>78292088
>He created the bridge, she just walked across it
Again on her first try and exposure to the force

>Skywalker blood for the pilot. Mechanic both because Skywalker blood and she had to learn about technology to survive.
Not even canon and knowing technology doesn't mean ace pilot who knows how to fix a ship better than the owner right off

>Everyone's a damn linguist when you live in a melting pot like that market place.
The only person she had to report to was the big alien. Still how many humans knew how to speak droid
>>
reys fighting is all stabbing and shit

shes gotta be a palpatine
>>
>Ben Solo

Damn it, Ben was Luke's kid.

Why not just call him Jacen? Oh wait, they totally didn't want to rip off the non-canon EU books, silly me!
>>
>>78292257
ten bucks Phasma is
A young clone of Mara Jade
>>
>>78292206
>bigger star destroyer
Alright guys here me out I know the moon sized ones didn't work out...twice, and the planet sized one didn't go so well but, alright here me out here: Death Star Solar System
>>
>>78292283
I think his face was smiley anyway in that state.

My question is will they bacta his spine or will he be a wheelchair hero?
>>
>>78292242
Only difference is that Rey wasn't allowed to act like a whiny brat without offending the Tumblr crowd. That said, though, it's impossible to argue since anything she does is either a Sue trait if she succeeds, or an anti-Sue trait if she doesn't. It's like they want her to be one.

>>78292346
I noticed that she was acting pretty Sheevish in that fight. Then again, desperate times. Even Obi Wan was forced to use some questionable techniques against Maul and Anakin (at least according to the old canon)
>>
>>78292312
please add
>to get the full story buy the books, comics or encyclopedias
>>
Snoke shouldve been prosthetics
>>
>>78292375
>the First Order grabs another nearby galaxy, turns it into a bomb, and rams it into the Star Wars galaxy at a blistering speed of 10 AU a year
>They'll be dead in a few million years, we win HAHAHAHAH
>>
>>78292242
Rey is the biggest offender. Luke and Anakin trained to be Jedi. Rey just sole the knowledge.
>>
File: 1432979177029.png (595KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1432979177029.png
595KB, 1280x720px
>>78292111
>mfw Episode 8 isthe AotC of the Sequel Trilogy
>>
File: Tagge the Sage.jpg (192KB, 1807x563px) Image search: [Google]
Tagge the Sage.jpg
192KB, 1807x563px
When will they just listen to him?
>>
>>78292411
>buying tie-ins
>>
>>78292375
kek
and the graviton station, which holds the sun and planets on track, is on the outer planet.
If you destroy the main cable to the satelite, all orbiting the sun will race into it.
>>
>>78292418
Yeah, I don't think the CG for him was particularly impressive or even that necessary. He just looks like a fucked up, hideously scarred old guy. Which is what the Emperor already was, just to a lesser degree. I was actually really hoping for a cooler, more alien character design anyway though.
>>
>>78292436
lol
>>
>>78292351
They didn't want to imply that there's a twin out there, which calling him Jacen would have. And they couldn't call him Anakin because that would be silly and make too many "everyone named Anakin is evil" eye rolls possible.

>>78292322
>First try
It took her a while, it wasn't like she did it instantly. It's the same idea if you were trapped in a room, never seeing any way out of it, and then suddenly someone knocks a hole in it. You'd be a little confused and uncertain but the hole is right there so you'd be able to go through it and see what's on the other side.

>Not even canon and knowing technology doesn't mean ace pilot who knows how to fix a ship better than the owner right off
We don't know what's canon and what isn't yet, so until otherwise stated that's the best guess I've got. She was hardly an ace pilot considering she kept crashing the Falcon into things, and again she spent so much time around tech that she became a good mechanic. Han was old, hadn't seen the Falcon in years, and was always more of a smuggler than a mechanic.

>The only person she had to report to was the big alien. Still how many humans knew how to speak droid
It's clear that she interacted with more people than just that one alien. She wouldn't have any social skills at all if she didn't talk to other people, considering how old she was when she got ditched, and she would have had to learn languages to do that.
>>
Okay did they destroy the New Republic? Because the movie made it sound like they did, but the reaction everyone had to it was far too muted for that to be the case.

Was it just like the Republic outpost that was supporting the Resistance in wild space?
>>
>>78292495
i dont mind, if the visuals are good or the story.
Only if its essential to understand a film, it feels like a cash grab or bad story telling.
>>
File: 300.snooki.lr.071210.jpg (96KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300.snooki.lr.071210.jpg
96KB, 300x300px
>>78292418
>Snoke
what's up with that name?
>>
>>78292523
They destroyed the capital of the New Republic, but the New Republic as an organisation moves from system to system.

So what they really destroyed where some figurehead negotiators, most of the actual New Republic government and military was off-planet. So they are very much still alive
>>
>>78292523
They destroyed the Republic's capital system. The Republic itself, I assume, is still out there, but it's like if someone blew up the east coast of the USA.
>>
>>78292411
>>78292495
Lets see how long before the tie-ins are retconned.
>>
>>78292351
anything other than the movies isn't worth shit.
>>
>>78292453
Tagge was clueless. The Empire was so top-heavy on equipment they couldn't even fully crew the Star Destroyers they had, much less fleets of Supers.
>>
>>78292523
It was the current location that the Senate and Chancellor were meeting, along with at least a solid chunk of the fleet. But no, I don't think the New Republic is totally destroyed. But if it is, then that'll teach those retards to centralize their government anywhere but Coruscant. And to not ignore people who think they are the Empire.
>>
>>78288350

>theme of the Plagueis story is practically the same as Snoke's theme

PLAGUEISBOWL

FUCKING CONFIRMED

GET HYPE

JJ YOU UNORIGINAL HACK IF THIS MOVIE WAS ANYMORE INBRED IT WOULD BE A TARGARYEN
>>
>>78292436
That would explain what happens to the Rishi Maze.
>>
>>78288820
She's second gen vader spawn via his current tech goddess in the comics. Rey will soon go after the secret family misson of fucking over First Order because Emperor pissed off Grandpa Vader
>>
>>78292523
They blew up the system that they were holding the senate meeting in.

>>78292552
I seriously hope they make it so that hologram of him is to scale and he really is that big. Make him the reverse of Yoda, huge fucking giant of a person, that doesn't use his size for anything but intimidation, and to make potential opponents think being big is all he's got going for him.

>Judge me by my size, do you?
>>
>>78292595
>This coming off Wrath of Khan Abridged Edition surprising anyone.
>>
>>78292111
Why is it totally fine when men dominate an industry for decades, but when a woman dares suggest women should be given a chance too, it's "SJW agenda"? Fuck off back to r/kotakuinaction, asshole.
>>
>>78292577
>anything other than the movies aren't worth shit
>Han and Leia having a son turned to the dark side was from the books
>books aren't movies
>movies are therefore stealing from something that isn't worth shit
>therefore by your logic the movie isn't worth shit

you're weird, anon.
>>
>>78292523
Who knows.
If bad acting, forgotten instory logic/dramatic or it was a false base as lure the first order.
Besides being a good film, it adds no lore or explanations.
Most hope that the next movie will explain this.
>>
>>78292521
Everything Rey knew how to do prior to her introduction is fine with me. if she can understand droids fuck that's fine, but she says that she never flew a ship or never knew of the falcon before she had to escape with Finn.
>>
So, Luke vs. Plagueis?

>Ah, the Son of the Chosen One, I've been waiting for this moment a long time...
>>
>>78292591
I thought the Death star.3 could hit anywhere in the galaxy? It's a hyperspace gun, nowhere it out of its reach.
>>
>>78292641
And she figured it out rather quickly after crashing into things. No one was complaining when Anakin knew how to fly that well. (at least not that I saw)
>>
>>78292566
>>78292567
That part got to me since it's the first time you actually see the terror in peoples faces as they realize they're all going to die.

I'm sure we'll get a lot more fighting in the next film since this is an unprovoked act of aggressio, the New Republic will have to retaliate.
>>
>>78292630
ignoring the books and only taking the movie in consideration.

do you really think that Kylo Ren wasn't going to be related to the two sons of the last Jedi?
>>
>>78292655
Yea like the hyper torpedo they made in the comics, which didn't need to eat a sun to fire.
>>
>>78292649
>believing the plageius bullshit
>>
>>78292571
i bet, if they green lid enough tie-ins without proper reading and some fans arguing that something dont fit with the next films.
>>
File: b8ing_poll.png (80KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
b8ing_poll.png
80KB, 500x501px
>>78292628
>turning a franchise for boys into a forced equality and feminist propaganda piece aimed at indoctrinating girls
>acceptable
Go back to tumblr you piece of trash.
>>
>>78292712
>franchise for boys

Says fucking who? Are women not allowed to like Star Wars?
>>
>>78292704
All I could think of once they revealed that was "Damn, you've made a superweapon that makes the death star look practical by comparison."
>>
>>78292731
women shouldn't be allowed to ruin Star Wars.
>>
>>78292628
Because she cares more about being a female producer than a producer of star wars. Huge red flags pop up when you care more about your gender than your work.
>>
>>78292712
>girls are liking my thing111 we are gonna get cooties they dont understand it or appreciate it like us boys do!
>>
>>78292699
No, it was obvious Ren was going to be Han and Leia's son, but J.J and everybody else said that they had enough material that they didn't have to take anything from the EU for the movies.

And what did they do? THEY TOOK FROM THE EU!
>>
>>78292694
It bothered me because no one really reacted short of looking up in the sky in fear. Figured there should have been more talk about it from the Resistance.
>>
>>78292307
>I'll pretend to be a vegetable.
>Bitches love vegetables
>>
>hating based Kennedy

She's the one piloting this shit, only mistake so far is Trevorrow for Ep 9
>>
>>78290195
>But they don't trust them so they fund the Resistance, since they can't face them publicily because they are suposedly in peace.

Like I said back in another thread, just one line would have really helped.

"I wish the Republic would give us more backing than just some military advisers and a couple of X-wings. A cruiser or two would be nice."

There. Shows that the resistance and New Republic are different things, and that the New Republic is trying to avoid getting drawn into another bloody war, but still actually DOING something.
>>
>>78292742
I could see it needing to be powered by a sun to fire and someone mentioning that it theoretically could "eat" a sun but that much power would tax the systems to near overload. But that being the main weapon takes an entire solar system to kill a planet, not the best design.
>>
Okay let me get this straight.

The Alliance ultimately defeats the Empire.
A New Republic is formed.
Remaining remnants of the Empire retreats into parts unknown to rebuild
The First Order shows up. Powerful and resource rich.
The Republic instead of trying to destroy Empire 2: Electric Boogaloo gets into a proxy war by backing a resistance movement

Is that right?
>>
>>78292779
>they took the idea
>but not the name.

so that baby idea doesn't fly anymore, Kylo ren is the son and first appeared in the moves, books don't mean shit.
>>
>>78292868

I think the New Republic and the remains of the Empire signed a peace treaty and split up the galaxy and First Order is a splinter group that's all about Vader and no jedis and shit.
>>
>>78292868

100%.
>>
>>78292902
The Militant Vader Fanklub complete with Clubhouse
>>
>>78292521
>It took her a while, it wasn't like she did it instantly. It's the same idea if you were trapped in a room, never seeing any way out of it, and then suddenly someone knocks a hole in it. You'd be a little confused and uncertain but the hole is right there so you'd be able to go through it and see what's on the other side.
If she was able to get into Ren's mind because he opened the link fine but she got into the Stormtrooper's head easily

>We don't know what's canon and what isn't yet, so until otherwise stated that's the best guess I've got. She was hardly an ace pilot considering she kept crashing the Falcon into things, and again she spent so much time around tech that she became a good mechanic. Han was old, hadn't seen the Falcon in years, and was always more of a smuggler than a mechanic.
Fan theory isn't enough to explain what's actually happening. Again like the mind tick she screwed up for a couple of seconds and then got the hang of it enough to do a free fall which let Finn shoot the tie fighter. I was comparing it to Han in ESB when they were trying to fix the Falcon in the beginning and she was a scavenger sure she should know what parts would get her more food but not necessarily how to fix things

>It's clear that she interacted with more people than just that one alien. She wouldn't have any social skills at all if she didn't talk to other people, considering how old she was when she got ditched, and she would have had to learn languages to do that.
It seemed like she mainly kept to her self and Finn knew how to socialize and he was a Stormtrooper since a kid.
>>
>waaaaah they stole from the eu

The previous series' characters having a kid who turns evil is not the most original idea.
>>
>>78292868
Yes.

The lore reason is basically that the star systems the rebellion had power in didn't want to just destroy the empire to have another one.

They'd never commit to building a military large enough to finish off the empire completely, for fear it would then be turned around and used on them. Just like the Senate in the Phantom menance.

So the New Republic sits around, maintaining a much reduced defensive fleet (still the largest in the galaxy) tolerating the fact that the First Order controls the Outer Rim, whilst factions inside the New Republic finance the Resistance.
>>
>>78292902
If I'm not mistaken, the Empire technically still exists as a separate entity with Coruscant still as their capital. Could be wrong though.
>>
>>78289537
I want to see Hux hit on Phasma more than this
>>
>>78292868
how many years has it been since the Emperor's death?
would his death mean that the empire is over? Stormtroopers are still around.
the republic comes back just to be destroyed, they aren't important to the story anymore.
again, how many years has it been? if the first Order had former in one day they needed an already formed military force and the recistance was there.
>>
>>78290517
Here is a question, do you think he is going to get his own saber or something? I know he hasn't shown to be force sensitive but it would be pretty cool if he got his own and Rey made a Darth Maul type Saber.
>>
>>78292675
Plenty of people hated the eight year old boy taking out C.I.S. ships
>>
>>78292969
Without being a force user, a lightsaber isn't as effective. He won't be able to deflect or do cool shit like throw it around. He will have to get up close and personal and likely get overwhelmed.
>>
>>78292054
It's almost as if women don't like SciFi that much.
>>
>>78292967

30 years. The war still waged on after Endor, it wasn't until battle of Jakku where the Empire's back was truly broken.
>>
>>78292969

Lightsaber Bayonet!

Or maybe he'll just get some melee weapon that can handle lightsabers
>>
>>78292868
Pretty sure the Resistance isn't sanctioned by the NR.
>>
>>78293021
Must be with that SSD wreck
>>
>>78292967
>how many years has it been since the Emperor's death?

>>would his death mean that the empire is over? Stormtroopers are still around.

It is not. The Emporer died, but there's still an Imperial Navy consisting of hundreds of thousands, if not millions of personnel, thousands of ships, and control of hundreds/thousands of worlds.

>>the republic comes back just to be destroyed, they aren't important to the story anymore.

After they killed the Emporer, the Republic began the long process of taking down all the remaining Imperial troops. They didn't get all of them, and those that they didn't get seem to have performed a strategic reteat, reorganized themselves as the "First Order", and begun a new offensive on the newly formed Republic.

>>again, how many years has it been? if the first Order had former in one day they needed an already formed military force and the recistance was there.

All of this has been going on for over 30 years.
>>
>>78292969
he better.

Finn is the best character because we grew to like him, if they did that with Rey instead of putting her in front of us and say, "there, like her" we wouldn't be bitching as much as we're doing now.
>>
Anybody else think it's suspicious that the good guys in the film are the ones with an Imperial March style theme rather than the First Order? Or the fact that Rey's theme has the Imperial March hidden inside it
>>
>>78293022
Like one of those batons that the guy that fought him used.
>>
>>78289167
>Be britbong
>gun-free country
>Still brought penknife along in case of daeshbags
>>
>>78292969
I feel it would ruin the magic of lightsabers if anyone could use them
>>
>>78293047
I honestly can't think of one character I didn't like in the movie. Even that ginger Tarkin wannabe I liked to an extent.
>>
>>78293057
she did stole DARK SIDE training.
>>
File: Darth_Bane-TEA.jpg (45KB, 500x656px) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Bane-TEA.jpg
45KB, 500x656px
>>78290473
Things from the same period, but there is a shit tone of material about old republic and far in the future that would not affect to TFA in any way form or shape that was erased too.
>>
>>78293085
Well, anyone can use them, but only jedi can use them to their full potential. Han and Rey have shown that anyone can switch one on and cut shit up with it.
>>
>>78293085
But anyone can, you don't need to be force sensitive to use one, just trained.
>>
>>78292938
Jacen has two traits that provide the inspiration for Ben. One of them is his obsession with vader
>>
File: 03-boba-vs-vader-rnd-2_288x288.jpg (21KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
03-boba-vs-vader-rnd-2_288x288.jpg
21KB, 288x288px
>>78293085
No force users have used lightsabers since forevers until the prequels made it a Jedi thing.
>>
>>78293122
>you don't need to be force sensitive to use one, just trained.

You don't even need to be trained. It's a plasma sword.

You don't need "training" to get handed a sword and understand that you can stab/swing it around to fuck people up.
>>
>>78292879
>Kylo ren is the son and first appeared in the moves
>It's okay for them to lie about not stealing from the books because they changed luke's son's name to Han and Leia's son's name
>>
>>78290694
Threesome. Everyone wants the BBC.
>>
>>78293168
Using a sword isn't that easy, especially one that can easily cut your own arm off.
>>
>>78293171

This is kind of fan fiction tier though.

Just like the prologue of Harry Potter, where they name their kids after all their old mentors that died, and all the kids turn out to be Wizards.

And I won't be surprised if any sequel involved either Harry's or Ron/Hermoine's kids deciding to restart Voldemort's crusade.
>>
>>78292150
Are you a retard? Serious question. Only a retard thinks Kylo is weak.
He can stop fucking BLASTER SHOTS in mid air. No one has ever been able to pull that off. He can extract people's thoughts and secrets from their mind which is badass. He immobilized and knocked out Rey without any effort at all. He pulled an officer to himself and choked him like a badass. He force pushed Rey like no one did before him.

Oh, and let's not forget how Kylo was shot in the stomach by the same weapon that instantly killed any stormtrooper it hit and STILL beat Finn in a duel and overpowered Rey until she got her awakening. And he didn't even try to kill her.

Seriously, Kylo Ren is a monster. I think people who underestimate him just can't accept that he is basically a "normal" human being and doesn't look very intimidating.
>>
>>78290694
Finn and Poe were more engaging in the brief moments they were on screen than the whole of the Rey-Finn interaction. Film would've been better if Poe had stuck around.
>>
>>78292174
>The Resistence has relocated to the volcanic planet Kul.

>Kylo Ren has been ordered to capture Rey by Supreme Leader Snoke, who wants to turn her to the Dark Side of the Force, but Kylo has his own plans for her.

>Kylo and his forces attack Kul, forcing Poe, Finn, Chewbacca, Leia and C-3P0 to escape to a planet-wide mining colony coordinated by an old friend of Leia's, who reluctantly betrays them to the First Order.

>Meanwhile, Rey is training with Luke, accompanied by BB-8.

>Captain Phasma demands Finn in exchange for helping capture the Rebels. Rey senses Finn is in danger and leaves before her training is complete to save him.

>Rey fights Kylo, who makes a startling family revelation and cuts off one of her limbs when she refuses to join him.

>Finn is captured by the First Order and brainwashed.

>Luke intervenes and rescues everyone. They vow to rescue Finn.
>>
Stills from Rey's vision, let's try and work out what was happening
http://imgur.com/a/2JNFX
>>
>>78293240
I agree. Poe better be in the next two movies a lot and paired with Finn. They make for very believable friends, if they aren't in real life I'd be surprised.
>>
>>78290694
Poe is gay, calling for it now
>>
>>78293096
Yeah i pretty much liked every character, even Kylo.

As for Finn wielding a lightsaber , there is obviously something special about him even if he isn't a full on Jedi. He was able to hold his own against Ren at least for a while and even injure him in the shoulder.

Maybe he is somewhat sensitive like Leia is.
>>
>>78293263
wouldn't work. Rey already beat the villain who we know is the son of Han and Leia, where is left to go after that?
>>
>>78292174
They won't, first movie was meant to "please" the audices with zero risks.

Now its when its own thing will start.
>>
Reminder that Kylo Ren is the person who hid Rey on Jakku because she is his cousin and he couldn't bring himself to kill her during the academy massacre. That's why he was so pissed when the FO officer mentioned a certain "girl" who escaped with the droid.
That would also explain why Rey can already use to force so well and why Kylo tried to turn her to the dark side instead of just killing her.
>>
>>78293296
Her on the Star Killer, then meeting Luke not sure what the last one is. is there a magnet for this cam rip up
>>
>>78293215
>Using a sword isn't that easy, especially one that can easily cut your own arm off.

Swinging around a sword and not hurting yourself badly was way easier than say, picking up and using a gun when you've never used one, or operating the flight controls/gunnery station of an aircraft you've never been in before.

If characters can do the former, they can do the latter.

I'd sooner hand my kid a sword than hand them a pistol/rifle or put them behind the controls of an Apache attack helicopter.
>>
>>78293296
Video here
http://sendvid.com/i0q9ybuc
>>
>>78293334
Didn't anyone think may be its Kylo sucks with the lightsaber?

I mean, doesn't matter how strong he is on the force that he can even perform Za Warudo, if he goes "I can totally win this only with my sword"
>>
>>78293334
I feel like if he was force sensitive than the Yoda-knock off would have noticed it like she did with Rey and at least made some kind of remark. Also nothing really seemed to indicate in the movie that he was force-sensitive.

I'm kind of expecting/hoping for him to get one of those black mandalorian blades that can deflect lightsabers. Mostly because he's black.
>>
>>78293296
Kylo kills a KoR who tries to kills Rey, then ditches her on Jakku with Unkar

No idea why Cloud City is there
>>
glib facsimile
>>
>>78293357
>this "they will explain later" mentality
why are you all being little bitches? "A new hope" is a good standalone movie and if nothing had come after it would still be considered good. why do you all want to be pleased later?
>>
>>78293348
Now he's at full cock.
>>
>>78293398
No, it was because he was severely injured and mentally unstable after killing his father.
>>
>>78293413
I'm guessing Cloud City is there as Luke took a young Ben there to get him the lightsaber
>>
>>78293405
>Yoda knockoff

Because she was small and old?
>>
>>78293405
who was that orange bitch?
>>
>>78293444
Chewies girlfriend
>>
>>78292257
Phasma is Luke's daughter, the only other blonde person in the entire movie. It's obvious.

I hope she'll get riot gear in VIII. Christie has some fencing experience.
>>
>>78293421
The only reason why ANH was a "standalone" movie is because no one expected it to be a success so they didn't even plan a sequel. And even with that in mind, we still do know more about Kylo then we knew about Vader after ANH.
>>
>>78293394
>Vader breathing
>Death Star 3
>Luke and R2 on that island
>Kylo killing a rebel?
>getting abandoned
>Obi Wan saying Rey?
>woods fight
>>
>>78290835
Can't wait to see what Rian Johnson does with Episode 8. Still wish they had gotten Brad Bird to direct one of them. He's a perfect fit for Star Wars ( and a Spider-Man movie for that matter. The fuck Disney?)
>>
>>78293438
>small
>alien
>hundreds of years old
>is very in tune with the force
>>
>>78293462
R34 when?
>>
Are you guys really fans of Starwars?
is that really worth it? i mean it does not feel like you are part of the "lol geek" culture.

And how do you deal with the canon constantly changing?
>>
>>78289530
>>78289887
I was worse than II though.
>>
>>78293517
>Kylo killing a rebel?

That was either a Jedi or one of the Knights of Ren. It's during the academy massacre.
>>
>>78293434
I'm not sure why he'd do that when it's a right of passage for Jedi to make their own lightsabers.
>>
>>78293551
>i mean it does not feel like you are part of the "lol geek" culture.

Because Star Wars is mainstream now?
>>
>>78293434
Yup, I agree, I immediately thought the way he says "That weapon is mine!" to Rey implied it was once his. He would not have known it was Vader's unless he's seen it before, so it can't have just been his obsession to collect Vader's things.
>>
>>78293551
>Are you guys really fans of Starwars?
>>
File: 20070524505-L.jpg (116KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
20070524505-L.jpg
116KB, 800x533px
>>78293564
I thought it was a Jedi but I was wondering what was with the hat
>>
>>78293551
>And how do you deal with the canon constantly changing?

I wouldn't call changing once "constantly changing".
>>
>>78293551
>And how do you deal with the canon constantly changing?
It only changed once. Unless you mean "changing" by it having new content added to it, which case it is very worth having.
>>
>>78293599
Maybe Alderaanian Jedi? Or even one of the training helmets younglings used in the PT
>>
>>78293520
Why are they using a different director for every movie? I'm sure they've said before, but I can't remember.

I like how TFA turned out, but having a different person directing every movie makes me worry about how they'll turn out for some reason
>>
>>78293574
Because Luke had it given to him at the start of his journey and probably felt it couldn't hurt anything to do the same by passing it down to his nephew/apprentice
>>
Am I the only one who felt the alien designs were super uninspired? Besides Wookiee, Mon Cal, and Sullustan there were no alien species we've seen before and those that were in the movie felt like they belonged more in Men In Black than Star Wars.
>>
Calling it now. Finn will become the new "Han Solo" and will traverse the universe broing it up with Chewie and Poe in the Falcon getting into all kinds of adventures and shit as smugglers
>>
>>78293599
>>78293620
Looked to me like something like the hat Embo wears in TCW or like one of those Chinese straw hats you see in old Kung Fu/Samurai movies.
>>
File: fzaAM5qh.jpg (84KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
fzaAM5qh.jpg
84KB, 1024x576px
>Kylo was originally the Guavians
>>
>>78293524
>>is very in tune with the force

She also gives the Jedi character a speech about the nature of the force.
>>
>>78293620
I forgot about those helmets. If it was a Jedi or rebel why'd it look like they were about to strike Rey
>>
>>78293648
Well to be honest all of the GOOD Star Wars films weren't directed by Lucas. They will all ape the "Star Wars style" for the movie any way.
>>
>>78293680
Chewie and the Falcon are with Rey, its new owner
>>
>>78293680
Nah Chewie's had enough let him take a break. Poe will be the new Han Solo and Finn will be the new Chewbacca.
>>
I read some of the Journey to the Force Awakens stuff (Shattered Empire, the Luke and Han junior novels, started reading Leia's now) and can't help but feel they really had fuck all to do with the new movie.

I didn't even spot Sarco Plank, figured he'd be in the cantina scene but kept an eye out and didn't see anything. Anything else from those junior novels I missed? It seemed like all they did was give us a clue as to each one's whereabouts in the new one (Luke's missing, Han's on his own, Leia's a General), but didn't reveal anything about the 30 year gap like I'd have wanted.
>>
>>78292375
>thinking a Star Destroyer is a Death Star
Get out of here pleb.
>>
>>78293697
She was probably one of Yoda's side hoes back in the day.
>>
>>78293421
You make it sound as if ANH was even planned to have a sequel. It wasn't even called Episode IV until later
>>
File: 1433434838652.jpg (117KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1433434838652.jpg
117KB, 640x480px
>>78293551
Star Wars wormed its way into my childhood heart via VHS tapes of the original trilogy. It lodged itself there permanently in my adolescence via the Thrawn trilogy and various video games. I am on this ride now.
>>
>>78293711
She's obviously give it up when she becomes a Jedi
>>
>>78293724
SSDA
>>
>>78293717
>I read some of the Journey to the Force Awakens stuff (Shattered Empire, the Luke and Han junior novels, started reading Leia's now) and can't help but feel they really had fuck all to do with the new movie.
Welcome to expanded materials?
>>
>>78293421
A New Hope was shit. It was always my least favorite Star Wars movie in the original Trilogy, with Empire being the best.
>>
>>78293750
naw, Chewies just gonna go along with her on her new superhero adventures

they wouldnt build up all her pilot/mechanic stuff for her to ditch it
>>
File: 1342568987118.png (211KB, 467x348px) Image search: [Google]
1342568987118.png
211KB, 467x348px
>>78293729
>Judge me by my size do you
>>
>>78293704
>ANH
>not a good Star Wars film
>the single film that spawned one of if not the biggest franchise that we are still talking about to this day decades later on an Ancient Indian Burial Ground archaeology forum
>>
>>78293797
How the fuck is ANH worse than ROTJ?
>>
File: kylo1.jpg (263KB, 1280x1994px) Image search: [Google]
kylo1.jpg
263KB, 1280x1994px
>buy Kylo Ren for Disney Infinity

>he cackles and has crazy evil laughs, all voiced by Driver

holy shit
>>
>>78293959
Mine will be arriving next week :)
>>
>>78293959
How does he play?
>>
>>78290747
>My favorite was how he kept doing the MC "hold her hand and run" and she was like "no dude, I can run" and he kept doing it
Found it funny how it worked the 3rd time, though.
>>
>>78294014
Niggas don't give up, that's why they get that booty.
>>
>>78294005
super fast, has a force pull and his special is force freezing everyone around him so he can muuda muuda

unfortunately he cant stop bullets
>>
The plot is ripped straight from ANH, the twist is ripped straight from ESB, and everything else is ripped straight from the post-ROTJ Legends EU.

Not a single original idea to be found. Everything about this movie comes from other Star Wars material, without a scrap of inspiration from any other source. A clone trooper gay orgy would be less incestuous.

I want JJ to leave.
>>
You know what would have really sold the Solo death scene? I mean, it was fine as is, but you know what would have sold it is if Ren, after realizing what he'd done started smiling and/or laughing, fully happy that he's committed himself to the Dark Side
>>
>>78293959
God, I can't wait until they add him in Battlefront
>>
>>78294067
The movie was great, nobody gives a shit, autist.
>>
>>78294062
>super fast, has a force pull and his special is force freezing everyone around him so he can muuda muuda
>>
>>78294069
That would have been goofy and out of place, I loved how he genuinely looked sad about doing it yet still committed to the choice. You could see the conflict in his face plain as day yet his performance is so understated.
>>
>>78294072
Is this really happening?
>>
>>78293959
Seriously in the next movie they may as well give him a sith title . Darth Revan.
>>
>>78293233
>Are you a retard? Serious question. Only a retard thinks Kylo is weak.

Or someone who watched the movie.

>He can stop fucking BLASTER SHOTS in mid air.

Absorbing several shots with your bare palm is no less or more effective than stopping just one in mid-air.

>He can extract people's thoughts and secrets from their mind which is badass.

Except he failed at that when it mattered. And he competely fucking failed to sense the treacherous thoughts in Finn, even though his attention was drawn to him.

>He immobilized and knocked out Rey without any effort at all.

Defeating a solitary, non-augmented non-forceuser was never a serious accomplishment for forceusers. Rey is not, say, one of the baddest bounty hunters in the Galaxy, covered in weapons from head to toes, and doing her damnedest to avoid a fair fight, until awakening in the Force she's just a girl with a blaster.

>He pulled an officer to himself and choked him like a badass.

Vader chocked officers over telescreens.

>He force pushed Rey like no one did before him.

Artifact of better choreography. Would you say that everyone in OT sucked at saberfighting because lightsaber fights were much simpler and slower than in either PT or TFA?

>Oh, and let's not forget how Kylo was shot in the stomach by the same weapon that instantly killed any stormtrooper it hit

Allowing himself to be shot is a minus point to start with.

But above that, the overall problem with Kylo Ren is that he simply fails too often. In Ep. IV Vader and Tarkin turn even the fuckup of their underlings at the very begging to their advantage, and until the last moments of the trench run things go in their favor. The villains are competent enough to nearly win until an unexpected factor turns the tide at the very last moment. Kylo Ren fucks up enough to throw temper tantrums twice, gets shown up by a bootlicking pussy like Hux before his own mentor, gets easily goaded and bested twice by Rey.
>>
>>78291629
As much as I'm looking forward to seeing porn of this lady right here, reading this is a bit painful. It's roleplaying forums quality. I should know.
>>
>>78294072
>special is absorbing all lasers then shooting then all out, or force pulling from across the map
>>
>>78294067
>wanting more of the "originality" that resulted in a trilogy of abortions rather than something that actually belongs in Star Wars like this
Winter break can't end soon enough, these underage prequel babbies don't have a clue
>>
FLAMETROOPERS APPEAR FOR 2 SECONDS ONLY

IM MAD
>>
>>78292346
gotta admit, if you don't know how to use a lightsaber, you'd stab with it too (i.e. Finn)
>>
>>78294067
>the twist is ripped straight from ESB
Is it really a twist if it's revealed in the first like 45 minutes?

I don't think it was supposed to be one, at least not like "I am your father" level
>>
>>78294116
I think it's a very safe bet, yes. Nothing has been confirmed or announced regarding DLC, but do you really think they would actually pass up an opportunity to put brand new The Force Awakens stuff in?
>>
>Complaining about Rey being the MC/Mary sue
>Complain about chicks in SW
>wanting Poe and Finn to hook up

Oh i get it now, you guys are faggots.
>>
>>78294067
>the twist

There is no twist, thank god.
>>
>>78294219
>wanting Poe and Finn to hook up
Hey, now wait a minute, we just want them to have more screentime together as bros, not hook up. They had top tier chemistry
>>
>>78294190
Better than what the Snowtroopers got.
>>
>>78294219
>on /co/
>surprised about gay

But most of the thread seems to want them to be bros
>>
>>78294248
Better than Finn and Rey have at any rate. What was the deal with her "acting"? Also the new batman superman trailer was wank, I'd rather see TMNT2
>>
>>78294219
The ones who want Finn and Poe to hook up are probably women and certainly not the same ones who don't want feminism to kill Star Wars like it's doing to everything else, which is where I stand. I want Rey and Kylo Ren to be a thing.
>>
>>78294248
The actors definitely have chemistry but it kind of irked me how quickly they become buddies. Like they've only known each other 5 seconds and are instantly bff's despite having been on opposing sides for the better parts of their lives.
>>
>>78289072
They made that poster so misleading to make it appear Rey's got a light sabre quarter staff.
>>
>>78294294
Ren is likely her cousin since she is likely Luke's kid.
>>
>>78292523
I found it bullshit that they had a superweapon that could shoot that far, that fast. Did they even state if they were shooting through hyperspace? Still, hyperspace used to take some time.
>>
>>78288764
He literally threw two temper tantrums on screen when things didn't go his way. Vader dealt with people failing him by killing them, Kylo just acted like a baby.
>>
>>78294321
Poe just seems like the kind of guy who can befriend everyone he meets. It didn't seem that odd to me.
>>
>>78294330
nope, she is either related to Palpatine or is a rando
>>
>>78294243
The "twist" is that Kylo is Han and Leia's son. That's it.
>>
>>78294330
So? I still think she's somehow his sister and I still want them to fug because romance between the light side and dark side gets me. Still upset that we'll never see a resolution to Ben and Vestara's relationship.
>>
>>78294354
But he didn't even consider the possibility that it might have been a trap or something to lead the FO back to where the Resistance's current base is.
>>
>>78294352
he was interesting and likable for that reason though
>>
>>78294361
Possibly a rando since there's supposedly been an awakening. What I'm more curious about is how a girl can grow up on a desert planet and not look the least bit scruffy for it. Luke grew up a farmer boy with relatively more luxury and looked worse for it.

Also, dear god the drugs and surgery have not been good to Fischer.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 343x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 343x640px
>>78289686
So something like this?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTLAx3VDX7g
>>
>>78294372
its revealed in the first fucking act
>>
>>78294321
I just chalk it up to Finn being socially stunted to not feel awkward acting like that with someone he was officially enemies with just a few minutes before after telling them that he's pretty much on their site and Poe being quick on the uptake and a bit incautious.
>>
>>78294411
That would be cool.
>>
stormtroopers got a lot of love in this movie
>>
>>78294399
He felt like a real step down from Vader. I just got a real emo kid vibe from him. Idolising Vader was an interesting character motivation, but seeing him job so hard to Finn and Rey left me feeling disgusted. It should have been him standing and her stuck down when the fault separated them. I just don't consider him a threat.
>>
>>78292699
Yes.

Anakin was supposedly immaculately conceived.

They could have gone with a new darksider that had a similar arc. Except in reverse. He starts out evil, then will go good.

Or they could use non-related force sensitives. Maybe someone idolizing Luke. Or a real non-related Vader fanboy.

There are a myriad narrative ways they could have made him.

Hell, they could have made him Luke's son instead - so they could inverse it and have Luke say "no, I am your father" instead.
>>
File: 1402768394608.jpg (52KB, 364x473px) Image search: [Google]
1402768394608.jpg
52KB, 364x473px
>>78294416
>>
>>78294419
It's still a twist. It doesn't have to come at the end.
>>
Any guesses to the Poe/Finn plot for Ep 8?

I'm guessing theyre going to a city due to Del Toros politician character
>>
File: WhatTheHeck.jpg (1MB, 3052x2366px) Image search: [Google]
WhatTheHeck.jpg
1MB, 3052x2366px
>>78291629

>She pays little heed to outdated notions of inequality between genders, an idea common on undeveloped worlds. To her thinking, a female stormtrooper is nothing new at all. The anonymity provided by their armor concealed the fact that both men and women served the Galactic Empire as stormtroopers.

If she pays so little heed to her and it's so business-as-usual, why spend half a paragraph on it? This is like a fanfiction.net story taking one of those "FUCK YOU KEVIN FROM SCHOOL" asides that makes no sense in context even on its own terms.

Why not just have Phasma be female and act like it's perfectly ordinary, have nobody bat an eyelash? The more you draw attention to it, the more you're saying this is NOT ordinary, this is STRANGE and WEIRD and NOTEWORTHY and PAY ATTENTION TO IT BECAUSE IT'S A BIG FUCKING DEAL. It's like screaming "WHAT PROBLEM? I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM! WHY ARE YOU SAYING I HAVE A PROBLEM?!" when nobody said you had a problem to begin with.

The Legacy comics had an arc with a stormtrooper squad that was like one-third female, visibly distinguishable by slight differences in the armor shape, and nobody cared. It was just treated like a perfectly
typical stormtrooper squad, because why wouldn't it be?

Did nobody take two seconds to turn to an editor and say "hey, does this seem preachy or obnoxious or unnecessary to you?"
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qftNxfK8Q8
>>
>>78294532
How far they have fallen.

RT should have just stuck to machinima
>>
>>78294479
You missed the point entirely then. He was supposed to be unskilled. Just a kid playing at being his idol while not fully understanding the weight of that. He's dangerous and powerful in the force, but untrained, undisciplined, and way out of his depth. We left him off essentially as embarassed and humbled as Vader was in ANH with his fighter damaged and flung off into space despite Anakin being an ace pilot.
>>
>>78293113
He's a big sith
>>
>>78294482
>have Luke say "no, I am your father" instead.
He already did that in The Flash
>>
>>78293168
using a sword is actually pretty hard.

That's why line/regular troops usually get spears and chopping-type weapons like machetes/dao/parang or short stabby daggers.
>>
The more the movie sits with me the more things start to bother me. And I don't know why I'm being so hard on it because I actually love Episode I.
>>
>>78294515
In the movie she's not grl power like the paragraph suggest. Hopefully it'll stay as a half paragraph
>>
>>78293263
>mining colony
>old friend

Are we going to see Nkllon Shield Ships?
>>
>>78294655
get taste
>>
Did Rey have her memories erased or tampered with? It's starting to not add up for her living on Jakku since childhood since Kylo Ren seems to know her and looks to be around the same age.
>>
>>78293366
If this is true...
>not cribbing from the Eu
>Darth Caedus trying to get Ben Skywalker as his apprentice

HUE
>>
>>78294694
kylo has ten years on her
>>
>>78294694
Yeah the popular theory is she was memory wiped like Revan was
>>
>>78294665
Hopefully. That character page shows a lot more about the writer's character than Phasma herself, as things stand, and it would be great if it stayed like that.
>>
>>78294704
The actor does, but he looks fairly young still and we don't know that he's that much older in the context of his character. Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher played twins and he's 4 or 5 years older than she is in real life, so keep that in mind.
>>
File: 1417611374185.png (70KB, 359x266px) Image search: [Google]
1417611374185.png
70KB, 359x266px
>>78294482
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNd1i4aVJ3A
>>
>>78294589
So Snoke and Luke didn't teach him jack?
>>
>>78293122
>>78293168

Force sensitives have extreme reflexes and almost precognitive senses in lightsaber battles. That's why they're able to block blaster bolts and send them back. Not to mention lightsabers are weightless and would throw the average person way the fuck off.

Kylo realistically should have chopped him up some Finn and Rey and they should have never been able to hit him.

It's just fucking stupid because it's literally no different than giving a random a sword and throwing them up against a trained swordfighter and saying IT'S NOT HARD TO USE A SWORD JUST CHOP CHOP THEY CAN HOLD THEIR OWN
>>
>>78294665

I figured the movie wouldn't do this shit, because Abrams is a hack but he's not that stupid, but this visual dictionary passage sucks balls.

It's not even really GRRRL POWER, because even as it says the Empire has gender equality, it's constantly daring the reader to find something wrong with that. It's implying that this is somehow bizarre or a questionable decision. It's just so weird.
>>
>>78294069
No, that would've been awful. Kylo Ren didn't kill Han because he wanted to, he killed him because he NEEDED to do it. It was his biggest test and he was torn apart. He didn't want to kill his own father, but he saw it as the only way to destroy the his own inner light side.

That's part of the reason why Kylo is such a compelling villain. He doesn't view the dark side as (necessary) evil like every other SW villain, but as the actual good side.
>>
>>78294748
We don't know how much Luke taught him and it seems like Snoke hasn't taught him much of anything because he's using him. And because of how unstable, temperamental, and arrogant he is, who's to say he ever actually listened to things he was being taught?
>>
>>78294589
>We left him off essentially as embarassed and humbled as Vader was in ANH with his fighter damaged and flung off into space despite Anakin being an ace pilot.

Vader shot down like half of the Rebel strike force by himself, and when he was defeated it was because he was blindsided by a sudden arrival of a new enemy at the moment when he was concentrating on Luke and about to finish him.

Darth Fanboy failed to actually hamper the Resistance's plans in any way during the final battle. He let himself be shot, had difficulties prevailing over a dude who got whipped in melee by a faceless mook, and was wrecked by an untrained opponent. How the fuck I'm supposed to take him seriously when in later movies he's going to fight opponents in his own league?

>You missed the point entirely then. He was supposed to be unskilled. Just a kid playing at being his idol while not fully understanding the weight of that.

People who don't like Kylo Ren, or at least most of us, I hope, get this point perfectly well. It is just a shit point. A Star Wars villain should be cool, badass and competent. Kylo Ren does not deliver. Excuses for this are just that, excuses.
>>
>>78294746
we have come full circle
>>
>>78294809
>this autism
I can't even pity you.
>>
>>78294655
You clearly have shit taste.
>>
>>78294758
I guess "I'm not like other girls" would've been a better comparison.
>>
>>78294809
Ren is an underling though.

Snoke is the actual villain at play here.
>>
>>78289781
They wen't to tashi station to pick up some power converters.
>>
>>78289852
Star Wars food still and will always just look so unappealing to me. Anyone else think so?
>>
>>78294809
>A Star Wars villain should be cool, badass and competent.

No. There is no reason this has to be the case and Kylo is a great breath of fresh air. Just because something has always been one way doesn't mean it always should be.

And Dooku was a fucking joke anyway.
>>
>>78294809
No, you absolutely 100% did miss the point and you still are because you're a simpleton who can't understand a more complex, less straight forward villain like Kylo Ren. His failure is compelling, it makes him different and interesting. You can't see past the superficial cartoon villain shit and realize they made an actual character here. And that failing is yours, not the film's.
>>
>>78294809
>A Star Wars villain should be cool, badass and competent.

Fuck no. I'm glad they didn't make him Maul 2.0 or Vader 2.0 and this franchise desperately needed some new kind of villain. Kylo is unique. He is powerful and weak at the same time and I think that's awesome. It means that we get to see a villain journey in the next two movies which we never got to see before and he will grow and become more menacing and mature. It is a new concept and it makes him more interesting than any other villain in this franchise, imo.
>>
>>78294682
>>78294827

I've seen others that feel the same way. The Prequels at least did something new and expanded on Star Wars lore despite stumbling along the way.

TFA did nothing but rehash A New Hope. So it's easier to look favorably on the PT for what it DID do right because their their own thing and TFA is easier to criticize because you can't NOT hold it up right next to A New Hope.
>>
>>78294888
>No.

Yes.

>There is no reason this has to be the case

There is the reason this has to be the case, it is called "filming good action movies". There is no good action if your villain is not a threat or boring or embarassing to watch.

>Kylo is a great breath of fresh air.

No.

>Just because something has always been one way doesn't mean it always should be.

You can break the rules of good fimmaking of course, but just don't expect good results. Perhaps they should have learned this lesson from PT, instead of focusing on making stuff as superficially dissimilar from it as possible.

>And Dooku was a fucking joke anyway.

Did you even watch Ep.2?
>>
>>78294955
TFA felt like a Star Wars movie. An actual good Star Wars movie too. The prequels neither felt like Star Wars nor were they any good.
You can criticise TFA for being too much like ANH, I get that and I think so too, but if you honestly prefer the prequels, you simply have shit taste.
>>
>>78294792
The he can't really be considered a threat.
>>
>>78294995
This. A thousand times this.
>>
>>78294826
I agree with him, actually. He's just not that good of a character. I mean, I can get past the personality. I knew I wasn't in for anything great in terms of complexity or originality at this point in time. And I would even agree with the other anon (you?) on Ren supposedly being incompetent and fresh, and that he was being hindered by his wounds (which the movie went to great pains to point out, what with him constantly groaning and hitting himself to drown out the pain of the shot).

Even with all those concessions I'm willing to give to his character, though, I just really don't like him. It's not conveyed very well through the scenes or the movie, the excuses I can come up with for him, except for his wounds. However, that excuse is way too hamfisted and only given attention a few times without being conveyed all throughout the action.
>>
>>78294809
>A Star Wars villain should be cool, badass and competent

All Maul did was kill Qui-Gon and then immediately die to stupidity.

All Dooku did was cut off Anakin's arm and then run away from Yoda only to immediately get decapitated the next movie.

They were both huge failures and accomplished nothing.

And Kylo kills Han and SURVIVES. So frankly he's already up one where the other two failed by the sheer fact that he's still alive.

You just want to hate on something new considering neither Dooku nor Maul were badass and died like bitches.
>>
>>78295023
>I knew I wasn't in for anything great in terms of complexity or originality at this point in time.

He is both complex and original. Did you even watch teh fucking film?
>>
>>78294116
They would be letting money get away by not cashing in on the hype
>>
>>78295054
Nigga, have you not seen TCW?
>>
>>78291054
I was pretty mad mine wouldn't allow cosplay. My brother looks just like Adam Driver. We're from the same state too. It would have been perfect.
>>
>>78295001
>is shown repeatedly that he's extremely strong in the Force and seemingly naturally capable of doing things like freezing people and blaster fire with it which are things only he is able to do
>is unstable and easily enraged, causing him to lash out at anyone or anything around
>HURR HE'S NOT DANGEROUS
>>
>>78295054
This. And don't forget Grievous who was characterised as a pathetic coward in ROTS. And he died liek a bitch, just like Maul, Dooku and Fett did.
>>
>>78295088

So Dooku and Maul had an entire animated series to fix what terrible characters they were and Kylo gets one movie and isn't finished developing as a character because the rest aren't out yet HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>78295054
This. Dooku was also the least interesting character and a boring, unthreatening villain. Christopher Lee was a great actor, sure, but there was nothing compelling or cool about a villain that just reminds me of my grandfather.
>>
>>78294955
I keep seeing that the PT was new and expanded lore but it hardly did both of those things and when it tried they were poor attempts. The only lore the added were midichlorians, the prophecy, and how the Jedi operated.. Everything else was just shiny and chrome and had no real feel to it.
>>
>>78294909
>No, you absolutely 100% did miss the point and you still are because you're a simpleton who can't understand a more complex, less straight forward villain like Kylo Ren.

I understant it perfectly and recognize it for the shit point it is.

>His failure is compelling,

Failure is never compelling. It can be embarassing, horrifying or morbidly fascinating.

>it makes him different and interesting.

Different =/= good. And failures are not interesting to watch. Let me tell you a secret. We all know that a villain's fate in a Hollywood action movie is to be defeated, crushed, reckt, you name it. From the second he appears on the screen. What separates a good villain from a bad one is that a good villain can, just for a second, make us forget this truth. His menace is so real, that it leaves us guessing how the fuck the heroes can possibly prevail, and what could be the cost of victory even if they do.

Starting to fail too early and too often nips this feeling in the bud. And without it empathizing with the heroes becomes hard too.

>You can't see past the superficial cartoon villain shit

It is a pretty hard task to find a cartoon villain who is not genuinely superior to Kylo Ren, my false /co/mrade.

>and realize they made an actual character here.

As this character happens to be shit and uninteresting to watch, I don't care.
>>
File: Waifu room.jpg (167KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu room.jpg
167KB, 1920x1080px
Ahsokas are for __________
>>
Kylo is the first villain to me to feel creepy. It's definitely an interesting new approach. Vader for example had presence but he was more intimidating than scary. Dooku was just a boring old man and Maul kinda lacked and presence at all.

But Kylo has this kind of quiet instability that makes everything he does really fucking creepy because you can't predict what you're going to get from him next. I love the character and can't wait for VIII simply for more of him. Already up there with Sheev and Vader for me.
>>
>>78295074
I find it really hard to say he's complex when we don't even know what he sees in the dark side in the first place.
>>
>>78295167
>The only lore the added were midichlorians, the prophecy, and how the Jedi operated

How does it feel to be objectively wrong?
>>
>>78294589
Vader got backstabbed/fucked by surprise.

That would have been a better resolution to the ReyFinn/Ren fight. Rey powers up, almost beats Kylo, but he still outskills her. Then as he's about to strike the killing blow, Finn whacks him from behind/the side. That's when the ground cracks and they're separated.

There, no OP Rey, Ren still is badass and another callback to the original trilogy. They can even have Finn say something similar to "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

>Rey! This thing is about to blow let's go home!
>>
>>78294975
>Kylo is not a threat
>Literally the only SW villain EVER who managed to kill one of the Big 3
>>
>>78295167
>but it hardly did both of those things

Come on anon it be fair the PT added a fuckton to the lore I don't even know how you could say that. You're literally just fucking wrong at this point.

You don't have to like them but the PT world built the fuck out of the series and is probably responsible for like 70% of what we know about the galaxy now.
>>
>>78295167
Uhhh, what? I dont think you realize how empty Star Wars would feel without the contributions of the prequel era, especially TCW. So much world building.
>>
>>78295100
So we've gone from he's not a threat to he is to he's not to he is. Just admit he's not that great.
>>
>>78295185
Ah, got it, you're a /tv/ tourist just trying to bait. How quaint.
>>
>>78295194
This. He is a well written villain and very fun to watch.
>>
You know what this movie needed?
>>
>>78295194
Agreed. He's got depth, he's familiar but unique, and the actor has tremendous screen presence.
>>
>>78295054
>All Maul did was kill Qui-Gon

So, killing the character who was explicitly the wisest of the Jedi at the time and would have saved everything and everyone, had he not been shanked, is not enough for you?

>and then immediately die to stupidity.

Factually incorrect. He nearly killed Obi-Wan and died to overconfidence.

>All Dooku did was cut off Anakin's arm and then run away from Yoda

I wonder, what drives you to lie in movie discussions on Internet. Dooku was the visible mastermind behind slaughter of the Jedi in Ep.2, who defeated both Anakin and Obi-Wan and put a good fight against Yoda. You're correct that he was de-headed a bit too fast in Ep.3, but at least he was a visible stepping stone to show Anakin's growth.

>And Kylo kills Han and SURVIVES.

Killing a man who did not try to fight you and surviving because a Deus Ex Machina saved you is no achievement.
>>
>>78295207
>>78295223
>>78295242
Most of the lore came from EU tie ins. With the movies alone they didn't add that much
>>
File: seven_palpatine_04.jpg (23KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
seven_palpatine_04.jpg
23KB, 400x250px
>>78295283
Sheev
>>
>>78295302
>and died to overconfidence

Yeah exactly he died to stupidity. He sat there smacking the ground with his lightsaber and Obi-Wan jumped over him and killed him with one blow while Maul sat there with a dumb look on his face.
>>
File: 1447532599998.png (389KB, 657x958px) Image search: [Google]
1447532599998.png
389KB, 657x958px
>>78295257
>>
>>78291969

Abrams stated during Star Trek that he never gave the enterprise a full shot early in the film because that would demonstrate how big it was.

His words rang in my years everytime we saw part of a star destroyer.
>>
TFA feels like what could have happened if Anakin was seduced to the dark side without feeling loss along the way.
>>
>>78295302
So you're disappointed because Kylo didn't beat Rey and Finn? I can understand that but did you miss the scene where Chewbacca shot him in the gut with a weapon that would have killed everyone else? And he still put up a good fight afterwards. Kylo is extremely powerful, he's just immature which is fine for an apprentice like him.
>>
>>78295283
Christie playing Kylo

The character was fine but I find the actor hard to take seriously.
>>
>>78295283
more spinning and effective use of high ground
>>
>>78295344
Adam Driver should have played Anakin, he is exactly how I always pictured Lucas' true vision for him if he had actually cast a decent actor for it.
>>
>>78295213
If Leia died in childbirth like her mom, Kylo could have killed 2 of the Big 3.
>>
>>78292452
If it takes anyone from AotC, I hope that it's the reveal of another Jedi order in the style of the ending of AotC.
>>
>>78295379
High ground doesn't work well on Kylo

Chewie had it and all he did was slow him down a bit
>>
>>78295416
If Luke killed himself later because of that and Kylo murdering his students, he would've been responsible for his death too.
>>
>>78295453
He managed to hit him when the guy has been shown to be able to stop blaster fire. Pretty good for a non-force user.
>>
>>78295422
Jedi clones
Rey kills Kylo
Turns out she just killed "a" Kylo
Knights of Ren are all clones of the original Ben, who is kept in carbonite by Snoke
explains instability and skill/power fluctuations
>>
>>78295483
TRIPLE KILL
>>
Anyone else kinda think Luke going into hiding is wildly out of character?

I get that being responsible for your nephew's fall to the dark side hits fucking hard but it just really irks me because Luke is absolutely the last person to hide away and let people die and his friends suffer. Luke puts everyone's problems on his back and fights because he knows it's right.
>>
Why didn't the Resistance evacuate their base when they knew Starkiller Base was about to shoot them, or at least get the all-important map somewhere not about to explode?
>>
>>78295346

I did not miss that scene.

Simply put, when your recurring villain is left on the ground helpless, broken and nearly damn crying at the end of the current movie it is pretty hard to consider him a valid threat for the next one. Similar to how a TV series villain becomes hard to take seriously after having to say "I'll get you the NEXT time" too often. Yes, I noticed that he was just shot in the dick by an equivalent of an anti-tank rifle. But does it matter how exactly he ended up so humiliated? He still ended up humiliated.
>>
>>78295189
tfw I'm going to spend $107 today to buy the rest of the Star Wars figures I'm missing.
>>
>>78295557
In the EU, Jacen turning evil prompted Luke to go off on a journey into unknown territories with Ben, looking for the reason Jacen turned evil. While he was gone his council started trying to kill each other. So there's that.
>>
>>78295573

TCW made Grievous, Maul and Dooku into credible great characters so that alone disproves your IF THE VILLAIN EVER FAILS THEY'RE FOREVER RUINED
>>
File: 1431050437656.png (304KB, 1000x1608px) Image search: [Google]
1431050437656.png
304KB, 1000x1608px
>>78295524
>They Rename Jacen as Ben
>They copy the idea of Luuke and make it kylo
>They will still claim not to take anything from the EU
>>
>>78295557
Yes, kind of, but I choose to believe there's more to it than that. I think he's been looking for something, that map looked like a path across the galaxy and not just a destination. Why else have that orange line instead of just the one planet marked?
>>
>>78295573
Yes, it does matter because the "I'll get you next time" villain is actually incompetent and weak and that's why the heroes escape/beat him. Kylo didn't lose because he was weak/incompetent, but because he was physically and mentally (just killed his own father) disadvantaged.
>>
>>78295557
If he ran, very OOC. Unless he really planned on pulling a Yoda/Obi Wan. Which is still OOC.

If he's trying to pull a "let's find Zonama Sekot", then it makes more sense. It doesn't make sense for him to do that alone, or without R2 at least.
>>
Worst part of the movie that I haven't seen anyone bring up is that his name is fucking Ben.

When did Leia or Han ever know Obi-Wan as Ben. And when did they ever give a fuck for that matter.

>What should we name our son?
>I was thinking Bail, after my father who died on Alderaan.
>How about after that old man I razzed and shit on the entire flight over to rescue you and the one who's first impression on you was getting chopped in half by Vader
>Wow that IS way better let's go with Ben.

Don't even get me started on how stupid Finn's character was. The whole movie had a lot of moments that were supposed to make normies mark out but came across stupid if you gave it even the slightest bit of thought.
>>
>>78293421
Was an standalone movie because they were not sure there would be more. But it had lot of lose ends that wouldn't have been explained if wasn't for the following movies
>>
>>78295667
Obi Wan was the one who brought them together. It makes sense if you think about it.
>>
>>78295601
Hell, Starkiller Base was essentially Centerpoint Station/Darksaber mixed in with the Sun Crusher's torpedoes.
>>
>>78295573
Vader was similarly humiliated in ANH. All of the villains on Rebels are exactly that Cobra Commander/Megatron type of laughable joke villain. Grievous, Dooku, and Ventress were too. Your point is painfully invalid, Kylo Ren is the second best villain next to Vader hands down, the rest are comically inept.
>>
>>78295667
THIS.

It makes sense that LUKE would name his son Ben. Not Leia/Han.
>>
>>78295693

It would make sense for Luke but not for Han and Leia who barely knew him. Leia knew his as Obi-Wan and not Ben for one thing. And she never even actually meets him before he dies. Anakin or Bail make 10x more sense but Anakin would be too on the nose and Bail would make normies go wut
>>
Unkar Plutt was the GOAT villain
>>
What if the Riot Trooper that Finn fault was one of his squad mates from Before Awaking?

>Finn is considered one of the top percent in storm troopers
>Doesn't know how to use the guns on a tie fighter
>can't stomach his first fire fight
>knocked the fuck down by Rey's staff
>somehow is very competent in using a light saber against Kylo despite getting his ass handed to him by Riot Trooper
>he was a fucking janitor on Starkiller

someone explain this bullshit character building!
>>
>>78291578
>yfw Luke fucked Phasma and that's why Rey has that accent
>>
>>78295779
>fault
*fought
>>
>>78295779
When was it said Finn was in the top percent? But to everything else it makes sense to train all your troopers how to use a blaster and he didn't hold his own at all with Kylo
>>
>>78295779

Finn's entire character was fucking retarded because they gave him a really compelling backstory and then made him the nigger minstrel.

>Taken from birth and indoctrinated
>Made janitor
>For some reason they take the janitor to the front lines with Kylo Ren
>Despite being indoctrinated from BIRTH and being exposed to nothing but the First Order his entire life he has a moral crisis
>As soon as he escapes he's WHOOPIN' and HOLLERIN' and making quips
>Can't shoot his weapon despite being brainwashed to believe that the First Order were the good guys and being raised among them like brothers and sisters and watching them die around him
>He later has no problem killing First Order Stormtroopers without a second thought

They had no idea what they were doing with Finn they just wanted to make him the comedic relief but still give him a cool backstory.
>>
>>78295718
>All of the villains on Rebels are exactly that Cobra Commander/Megatron type of laughable joke villain.

Nobody said that Rebels had good villains.

>Grievous, Dooku, and Ventress were too.

No, they weren't. Grievous was a designated dupe who weren't planned to be a recurring villain, so his relatively quick defeat in the movie did not detract from the story. In the TCW his schtick was being dishonorable and calling for backup every time things got rough, but heroes still had to run away from him almost as often as the opposite. Dooku was a formidable force required best of the Jedi to handle almost every time he appeared, and even in his final fight, cornered by two top-tier opponents at once, he knocked out one of them. Only Ventress ended too much of a bitch due to her rough ride of failure in the season 1 of TCW.

In short, you're wrong.

>Your point is painfully invalid, Kylo Ren is the second best villain next to Vader hands down, the rest are comically inept.

You really have no ground for praising Kylo Ren in the same phrase where you complain about someone else's ineptitude.
>>
Since the Stormtroopers are all brainwashed to serve, does that mean that maybe Kylo Ren is too? Why else would Ben Solo go to the dark side and revere Darth Vader like this? His parents weren't dead so there's no tragic backstory that we yet know of that would send him down this path.
>>
So question about death star 3.0, after charging it's laser for the second time it looks like their power source was completely gone. How were they going to keep the thing running after blowing out the resistance? I mean the original death star could actually move around in space and didn't require a fucking sun to be dangerous, so what was the plan with deathstar 3.0?
>>
>>78295900
He wasn't taken from birth he said he remembers the family they took him from
>>
>>78295984

Pretty sure Leia even said herself that Snoke got his hands on Ben and warped him.
>>
File: latest.jpg (235KB, 740x1099px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
235KB, 740x1099px
Is the Kanan comic any good?
>>
>>78296018
Yes, very much so.
>>
>>78296003
I assume they would be able to move the planet somehow. Or, they might have hoped that without the sun's gravity keeping Starkiller Base in it's orbit, it would wander off to another star.
>>
>>78296081
That new canon map of the Galaxy that's been posted before show a spot called 'Starkillers original starting point' or something like that.
So it has moved.
>>
>>78296005
When Hux was looking up Finn's file after he became a traitor, there was a picture of a little baby's head on the holoscreen, which I assume was Finn's. He looked too young to be able to remember anything if that was actually him.
>>
>>78296003
I'm probably completely wrong, but wouldn't that star still be "alive" and generating energy even after they skimmed it all off the top? Seems to me the energy of a sun is generated by nuclear reactions inside the solid core so they just sucked up what was on the outside without destroying it. I'm no physicist, and Star Wars certainly doesn't adhere to real world physics, but it seems plausible to me that they'd just have to wait awhile again for the star to generate more energy.
>>
>>78295875
They say it about him in Before The Awaking. He had potential to be in the officer corps, but they saw his concern for one of his squad mates who always fell behnind as a weakness
>>
>>78296201

This is one of my big problems with the movie. It feels like we're nearly missing an entire movie's worth of information between Jedi and Awakens because there's so little they actually tell us in TFA. You shouldn't need to read all the books to understand your characters. They should simply enhance what is already there.
>>
>>78295667
>Han sees Kylo on the bridge
>BAIL!!!!!

dumb
>>
>>78296140
Oh, I was going off of what he said to Rey in the bar
>>
>>78296018
Yeah, but the movie killed discussion and the storytime of the latest comic.
>>
>>78296270

That was my point. The names that would make sense wouldn't make the normies spazz out as much as Ben despite the complete lack of sense it makes. The whole movie is OT pandering
>>
>>78296235
The books that are meant to bridge the gap barely do that, and none even deal with these new characters or time period since, so far, they all take place within a year after RotJ. I think the movie is great, and I'm sure we'll get a lot more context and backstory in the next one, but I do agree things are not as clear as they should be. The political situation makes no sense.
>>
>>78292346
Didn't Obi-wan do some of that when he disarmed Grievous?
>>
>>78296319
NOBODY thought of fucking Obi Wan when they mentioned Ben, its a nod more than anything
>>
>>78296319
And thank god for that, we finally got a good Start Wars film again for the first time in 30 years.
>>
>>78296201
I read it and it said it was during a training session. Having high marks on a training exercise is different from field work
>>
>>78296362

Only because he literally remade one of the good Star Wars films. If that's all it takes to satisfy you I'm glad for you.
>>
>>78296235
One of the biggest criticisms of the prequels was the fact that they told us too much instead of showing it to us. This movie did the opposite which I really liked because we weren't treated like idiots. We didn't need to be told what a great guy Finn is because we saw it when he rescued Poe and basically saved the galaxy.
>>
>>78292375
>A new Starkiller base orbited by Death Stars
>>
>>78296424

Problem is TFA didn't find a balance like the OT. It simply didn't tell us ANYTHING.
>>
>>78291629
Some of this is dumb and pointless but I like how it implies she cares about her underlings to some degree.

Not sure what purpose the tidbit about the armor serves, though.
>>
>>78292595
Snoke doesn't really look like a muun though, does he?

Then again, did any of the currently-canon sources establish that Plageuis is a muun?
>>
>>78296505
No and no.
>>
>>78296505
Nope, none. The only canon Muuns now are in the Banking Clan in CW, I think.
>>
Is Plageuis even canon anymore? We know Palpatine had a master obviously but other than that nothing right?
>>
File: OliviaMunn.jpg (77KB, 606x909px) Image search: [Google]
OliviaMunn.jpg
77KB, 606x909px
>>78296505
>>78296531
A what?
>>
>>78296550
"Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?" was a line in ROTS. That makes him canon.
>>
Dayum son

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-star-wars-force-849854?utm_source=twitter
>>
>>78296424
>>78296447
It seems like they want these three movies to be taken as one long story instead of three that can be self contained. In the long run this could be fine but right now we're left with many blanks

>>78296473
Momma Bear Phasma is best Phasma
>>
>>78293085
Han used Luke's saber back the beginning of Empire. Definitely not as useful to a person who can't use the Force, but it's still an energy sword.
>>
>>78296447
It told us enough to care about the new characters. The rest will probably be explained in the next movie anyway.
The only part I would agree with you was the state of the galaxy. Abrams should've just explained a bit more about the First Order and the New Republic.
>>
>>78293222
>Next installment is a play called Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
It'll happen. Just you watch.
>>
>>78296581
>It seems like they want these three movies to be taken as one long story instead of three that can be self contained. In the long run this could be fine but right now we're left with many blanks

That was actually the first thing my sister and I talked about after TFA ended. We felt like if we watched the entire New Trilogy together we'd love it but it's very difficult to not be disappointed with just TFA because of how little actually happens and how many questions they leave you with.
>>
>>78296447
It told us enough.

>First Order bad
>Stormtroopers are trained like clones from a young age but are normal people to cut costs
>Kylo Ren is Han and Leia's son
>Resistance are basically a terrorist cell trying to protect the New Republic against their will
>Leia is their leader
>Han went back to smuggling to hide from his pain and took Chewie with
>C-3PO became Big Boss
>Luke went to hide like Yoda and Obi-Wan
>Snoke is trying be a new Emperor
>Rey is Force sensitive and has a mysterious past that seems directly entwined with everything going on
>Admiral Ackbar is still alive
>There are worse deserts than Tatooine and Anakin would have gone nuts living there
>>
>>78295283
More Knights of Ren?
>>
>>78293222

Not to go off topic here but pretty sure children of two wizards are nearly always wizards. Filch was an extreme rarity.
>>
>>78289530
V => VII > IV > III => VI > II > I
Menace was dreadful throughout. It didn't have as many redeeming moments as Clones, which I thought was pretty good whenever it wasn't 1) focusing on Anakin and 2) using Lucas dialogue.
heh heh, aggressive negotiations
>>
File: star-wars-force-awakens-rey.jpg (100KB, 723x937px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-force-awakens-rey.jpg
100KB, 723x937px
Reys are for ___________
>>
>>78296647
>There are worse deserts than Tatooine and Anakin would have gone nuts living there
The Corsair story introduced an even-more-miserable desert planet than all the ones we know so far.
>>
>>78289596
So, what, Rey and Poe competing for Finn's love?
>>
>>78296681

I honestly love Menace and enjoy watching it along with the OT. AotC and RotS I have to be in the mood for.

There's some kind of lighthearted adventurous fun about TPM that I just fucking love.
>>
>>78296659
Harry's aunt is a muggle despite her sister and parents being wizards/witches. And she hated Harry because she was butthurt about it deep down. Inversely, Hermione is a witch but both parents are muggles.
>>
>>78296682
Cuddling
>>
>>78294515
>Why not just have Phasma be female and act like it's perfectly ordinary, have nobody bat an eyelash?

That's what she does. All she does is command her troops, bust Finn's balls for insubordination, and get punked by Han and Finn.
>>
>>78296722

Petunia and Lily's parents were muggles like Hermione's parents.

Two muggles could have a wizard child but it was EXTREMELY rare for two wizards to have a non-wizard child.
>>
>>78296682
being boring
>>
>>78296749
Here's your (you)
>>
>>78296659
I feel so bad for Filtch. Dude's surrounded by magic everyday but can't use it
>>
Of all he did, what was Kylos signature move?
>>
Anyone else thinking it'd be better if the Starkiller would just drain stars in other systems instead of being a Death Star copy?
>>
>>78295194
Ren comes across as an unhinged kid who would shoot up his school.

Which I suppose he did.
>>
>>78296782

The freeze.
>>
>>78296760

mad your waifu is a mary sue, faggot?
>>
>>78296782
Freezing things with the force. And mindrape
>>
>>78296782
Za Warudo
>>
>>78295557
They said he was searching for something, so he may not necessarily be hiding.

Who the fuck left that map, anyway?
>>
>>78296816
>>78296821
>>78296804

Apparently he does this in Disney Infinity as well.
>>
>>78295667
Leia knew him as Ben.
>Luke: I'm here with Ben Kenobi
>Leia: BEN KENOBI!?
>>
>>78296782
Stabbing his dad for trying to make him go home and do chores again. It was a good trick.
>>
File: 1450318444182.jpg (37KB, 640x634px) Image search: [Google]
1450318444182.jpg
37KB, 640x634px
>>78296794
It fits with the whole FO being Empire fan boys but just taking the sun and leaving would be brutal

>>78296797
Edit of this with Kylo when?
>>
>>78296838
yep its his special
>>
Can someone draw Kylo as DIO?
>>
Since Rian Johnson is the director of Episode VIII, what would be your opinion of VIII being nothing but 2 hours of Kylo Ren chasing a fly all over his star destroyer while wrecking shit with his lightsaber?
>>
>>78293398
He does have some kind of form after watching him fight. Rey is obviously used to melee combat with her staff too though.
>>
>>78296962
The fly is actually Han's ghost
>>
File: Fixed.jpg (81KB, 640x634px) Image search: [Google]
Fixed.jpg
81KB, 640x634px
>>78296882
>>
>>78297120
saved
>>
>>78297120
I keked
>>
Based on Luke's scene at the end, should we take that to mean he doesn't know Rey either? Because it certainly didn't seem like a "oh hey, my daughter I had to abandon is here!" sort of reaction.
>>
>>78294746
Sauce on that picture?
>>
>>78297196
If the mindwipe thing is happening, I would assume it's more "my mind wipe trick has now worn off and she's back in the life I didn't want her in"
>>
New thread where?
>>
>>78297196
It could've been
>oh shit my/my dad's old light saber
>oh shit another jedi
>oh shit my daughter
>oh shit another human being
>>
>>78297309
new thread
>>
>>78289470
Tray-Tor
Thread posts: 773
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.