[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worse than Ultimatum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Ultimate_End_Vol_1_1.jpg (720KB, 1264x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate_End_Vol_1_1.jpg
720KB, 1264x1920px
Worse than Ultimatum
>>
I don't think you remember how bad Ultimatum was.
>>
>>78281932
Nah
>>
nothing happened in this comic. the only really bad thing is the waste of time and money.

theres also some really bad dialogue, like "doctor doom is a bad guy, the end." - Captain America
>>
It's a pretty shitty sendoff, but it's definitely not worse than Ultimatum.

Nothing's worse than Ultimatum.
>>
>>78281932
I agree with you
>>
>>78281932
yes
well not worse
simply just as bad.
>>
It was bad, but ultimatum was worse. Mainly because ultimatum was longer. Or it felt like it at least.
>>
>>78281932
I mean, Ultimate End was worse in a lot of ways, but at least it was harmless. Ultimatum mortally wounded the Ultimate Universe.
>>
Ultimatum did more damage. It's pretty impressive to have one event pretty much kill an entire comic line.

Ultimate End was just boring, Bendis schtick. It was just another classic Nothing Happens arc.
>>
>>78281932
yes it was a horrible send off (I actually liked the ultimate universe), but it was nowhere near as bad as ultimatum. Nothing happened in ultimate end. Really wish 616 could've gotten ultimate cap
>>
>>78287393
>Mainly because ultimatum was longer

They were both 5 issues.

Ultimate End, like Ultimatum, had

>continuity errors out the ass
>canon-breaking deaths
>horrible dialogue
>asinine plot-points
>terrible pacing

What pushes Ultimate End over the edge though, is not only the fact that it's literally the last Ultimate comic, but that it was written by the supposed "father" of the Ultimate line (even though he hasn't written a good Ultimate comic since 2009).

That is why Ultimate End is worse.
>>
>>78281932
Definitely Bendis' worst (and I like lots of his stuff), but not one of the worst comics ever.
>>
>>78287833
>but at least it was harmless.
Although it didn't do graphic deaths, it did end the Ultimate U.
>>
It was pointless from the get-go.
Why set it during Battleworld? The universe is already gone.
>>
>>78290635
Because Bendis needed book to explain how his nigger self-insert gets to 616. And Old Man Logan, I guess. Why isn't he writing OML?
>>
>>78290673
That can be intuited.
It's just weird how we never really saw how it ended...just an inbetween.

Which is the worst thing of all.
>>
>>78290746
>my comic spoils Secret Wars XDDD
Idiot. Wonder did someone ask him on tumbler.
>>
>>78290870
If they did he probably did one of his trademark lead--aways.

I think that Fialkov would have done a great job, in a Last Days situation.
>>
File: ultimatum deaths.jpg (508KB, 1280x1965px) Image search: [Google]
ultimatum deaths.jpg
508KB, 1280x1965px
>>78281932

Come again?
>>
>Everybody gets to live again, presumably because of whatever happens in Secret Wars #9

>IT'S AS BAD AS ULTIMATUM
>>
>>78291318
I'm hoping Secret Wars #9 will end with an "In Memoriam" page showing those from the old universe who died throughout that event.
>>
>>78291318
>everything is OK
>Quicksilver out of fucking nowhere kills Cyclops
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.