[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we hate him again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: Sad_Superman-600x443.png (751KB, 600x443px) Image search: [Google]
Sad_Superman-600x443.png
751KB, 600x443px
Why do we hate him again?
>>
Because we know we can never be like him
>>
>>78247157
I don't.
>>
>>78247157
>we
>>
I love him though
>>
File: 1441596767965.jpg (120KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1441596767965.jpg
120KB, 500x500px
>>78247157
Because we dont read comics.
>>
>>78247157
because he could never beat Goku
>>
I think /co/ generally likes Superman, but for people who don't like him its because they don't understand him.

They think he is flawless and punches his problems away (how boring!) They fail to see that it is his how he uses his intellect and small town humble upbringing to solve his problems. That is why Lex Luthor is the perfect foe, he has to outmaneuver the smartest man in the world, but not with his fists. Morrison understands this and is why his stories are generally very good in the Superman lore.

That is why Lex being in the green armor is always a bad idea because suddenly you CAN punch the problem away. Enjoy BvS everyone.
>>
>>78247399
>They think he is flawless and punches his problems away (how boring!)
Hey, does anyone else here remember when shitposting Kenshiro memes shitting on Supes was trendy? Going on and on about how Superman is both boring AND lame because he doesn't kill his enemies?

i recently tried watching through the original Fist of the North Star, and it's kinda hilarious how the guy /a/sshats proclaimed as the perfect antithesis to Superman is actually BORING AS FUCK. I know, I know, B-B-BUT MUH MANLY TEARS MEME, MUH AT-AT-AT-AT-AH! But srsl, FoTNS is the perfect argument for why Superman SHOULDN'T kill - because then you have a protagonist who literally does solve every problem with punching people to death. Every. Single. Fucking. Episode. It's not as exciting as it sounds.
>>
>>78247480
God, yes, the daily 'moralfag' raids. I thought about it while writing that, but I didn't want to invoke them.
>>
>>78247480
Oh, and nobody give me shit about not getting far enough to get to the "good parts" where I'm sure Ken fights dudes who can actually take a fucking punch, if someone wrote 50+ issues of Superman that all featured regular criminals as the villains and all ended with him just casually putting his fist through their heads, that'd be boring bullshit too, even if he did battle Zod in issue 100 or whatever
>>
>>78247399
There is literally nothing wrong with armored Lex, it's still usually more complex than punching problems away.
>>
>>78247522
It's the WORST because Superman's moral code can actually be stressed and tested, so when the villain IS depraved enough to make Supes mad enough to kill, it actually feels like a big deal. Whereas Ken, well Ken just wanders around the edges of the plot being the platonic ideal disaffected, thousand-yard-stare Tojo manly man, while the villains rape and pillage to their content until he realizes "WELL, IT'S ABOUT 20 MINUTES INTO THE EPISODE, I GUESS I BETTER GO KILL THAT GUY"
>>
>>78247157
But I hate Batman.
>>
>>78247186
You're right Lex
>>
>>78247399
The paradox of "Superman is boring because he can just punch away every problem" and "Superman is boring because he doesn't kill" is so perplexing to me. It's like, do you think he'd beat up villains LESS if he didn't have moral scruples?
>>
>>78247480
>Fist of the North Star, and it's kinda hilarious how the guy /a/sshats proclaimed as the perfect antithesis to Superman is actually BORING AS FUCK. I know, I know, B-B-BUT MUH MANLY TEARS MEME, MUH AT-AT-AT-AT-AH!

>mfw when /co/mblr can't see the tragedy of his desire for revenge keeping him away from his beloved.
>mfw /co/mblr can't see the tragedy as all the people Ken loves die and he is the only one left, guided only by his desire for revenge
>mfw the only thing that keeps him going is the thing that won't allow him to be happy
>>
>>78247157
We don't
>>
Because DC keeps trying to "fix" him and does a worse job every time.
>>
>>78247157
What's this "we" shit? Get outta here, Lex!
>>
File: supermanpourshimselfadrink.gif (2MB, 224x250px) Image search: [Google]
supermanpourshimselfadrink.gif
2MB, 224x250px
>>78247157
>mfw your the only person you know that likes Superman.
>>
>>78247157
Because he can take it.
>>
>>78247157
I don't hate him.

I do hate that he is usually written by hacks like Max Landis and J. Michael Straczynski
though.
>>
Plebs and manchildren will always wank off to Batman because he's just a human with no powers fighting off superpowered freaks.

What they don't know is that Batman is a completely bullshit idea. Can a man train in all the martial arts in the known universe in under like five years of training? No. That's bullshit.

Can a man without superpowers survive a punch from superpowered beings 10x stronger than the average man? No. That's bullshit.

Can a man avoid an omega beam that even Superman couldn't? No. That's bullshit.

As you can see, while Batman has no "superpowers", he's inherently bullshit. The whole meme of him with prep time beating everyone in the known DC universe proves it.

Superman on the other hand looks like bullshit on paper, but has like fifteen weaknesses that even the playing field. Kryptonite is practically a commodity in the comics. He actually has weaknesses, he has lost in fights before by virtually every supervillain he's ever fought. Batman never loses, and when he loses it's a "tactical" loss because Batman fangays will literally convince themselves that Batman let them win to advance Batman's plans.
>>
>>78247773
But that's the thing, they weren't arguing for Kenshiro's value as a tragic character who exists as a cautionary tale, these /a/sshats would argue for days on end about how he's just ZA BESUTO manly male action hero archetype. Because he punches the hardest, and doesn't fraid of anything, basically.
>>
File: bane2.jpg (103KB, 472x650px) Image search: [Google]
bane2.jpg
103KB, 472x650px
>>78249215
>Batman never loses, and when he loses it's a "tactical" loss because Batman fangays will literally convince themselves that Batman let them win to advance Batman's plans.
You're so full of shit it's brimming out through your fingertips and into the spaces between your keys.
>>
>>78249215
>Can a man train in all the martial arts in the known universe in under like five years of training? No. That's bullshit.
Which is why his training never fucking that short a time. Even in the new, super-compressed post-52 timeline, it's been five years since he BECAME Batman, not five years since he started TRAINING. Read some actual fucking comics.

>Can a man without superpowers survive a punch from superpowered beings 10x stronger than the average man? No. That's bullshit.
Which is why most of Bats' enemies are nowhere near that powerful, and when he does fight someone like Killer Croc he spends most of the fight dodging.

>Can a man avoid an omega beam that even Superman couldn't? No. That's bullshit.
When the fuck did that even happen in comics? MAYBE it occurred in some issue of nuJLA that I didn't read, that sounds like something Jim Lee would do, but that's still a case of poor writing, not a poor character. The only time I can remember Batman facing the Omega Effect, he didn't even TRY to dodge because he knew it was futile.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.