[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars Rebels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 560
Thread images: 79

File: Mickey-Mouse-Darth-Vader.jpg (51KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
Mickey-Mouse-Darth-Vader.jpg
51KB, 450x350px
Edition VII: Attack of the Shills

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Episode: "Legacy":

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B--x3TcdnpPjSGZEWnF0RkU2T2c/view?usp=sharing
https://mega.nz/#F!w5w3QQzS!kEXw8EpWWhF9izE5K2JpvQ

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>Star Wars: Rebels MEGA (Season 1):
https://mega.co.nz/#F!UYQCwTwa!s-n8--buJPbauv6ylUo-DA

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/co/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg

http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander (/co/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FXrcuPR4XQ

>All Canon Novels and Comics: (Including the Rebels UK Comics)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

>Star Wars Audiobooks (Canon and Legends) and Motion Comics:
https://mega.nz/#F!w9tFCZxK!7zthk3nLz-0ATC9zxxEPuw

>Star Wars Legends Novels & Comics (Incomplete):
https://mega.nz/#F!AgVghZhQ!0SL9AVJvCbzUsRICuAoguQ
https://mega.nz/#F!j99HEbrC!GP5TSEEbrBYZIZ73xod4fg

>Canon Guide & Timeline:
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Star Wars Soundtracks MEGA (Work-in-Progress):
https://mega.nz/#F!xocwwSiT!M8RpDwmmI37P24_TRzBKug
>>
>>78242601
That's magic, though.
>>
>>78242623

You must think gravity is magic, too.
>>
>>78242623
You must think sound is magic too.
>>
File: 1421631635523.jpg (143KB, 543x522px) Image search: [Google]
1421631635523.jpg
143KB, 543x522px
Another thread for prequel babies to bitch that the new movie isn't "George's vision"
>>
>>78242642
Unless you use the Aether theory, gravity is literally magic, cause quantum mechanics make no damn sense.
>>
>>78242706
. . . and you are one of those babies.

Unrelated but related to thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLchMvH-SH4
>>
>>78242730

>because it doesn't make sense, it's magic!

Very scientific.
>>
>>78242706
Fuck off, shill.
>>
>>78242755
His voice sounds weird, did he just come from the dentist's office or something?
>>
>>78242757
Not saying it is.

Or it isn't.

Explain gravity, mister scientist.
>>
>>78242808
He is an old school nerd, and speaks like one even in his old age.
>>
File: 1447048051465.gif (866KB, 352x224px) Image search: [Google]
1447048051465.gif
866KB, 352x224px
>>78242755
>George Lucas threatening that dude
What a fucking asshole
>>
File: frank.jpg (140KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
frank.jpg
140KB, 1280x720px
glib facsimile
>>
>>78242821
I know what he usually sounds like, but here he sounds like his tongue is numb or something. It can't be just due to age because he sounded like his usual self in that CBS interview a few weeks ago
>>
>>78242835
Uh, that's Frank Marshall. They're old friends.
>>
>>78242835
That's Frank Marshall, he's friends with Lucas and Spielberg and he's worked with them for decades (along with Kathleen Kennedy, who's also his wife). They're just ribbing each other since Marshall produced Jurassic World which has been the big box office giant of the year (until now anyway).
>>
>>78242835
Must suck to be Lucas.
No one understands when you're being funny.
>>
>>78242835
You're a retard.
>>
I'm so happy this came out today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g708PmJAbuI

I'm ready for my viewing tomorrow. Maybe too ready. Now I'm scared.
>>
Does Phasma even shoot her weapon?
>>
>>78242755

The lady is SUPER nervous. Standing next to George like that. Heck, I'm sure he is too. This is kinda a big deal for everyone.

...wait, what did he just say? He has a TWO year old daughter? Isn't he like....70?
>>
>>78243013
He has two daughters.
>>
>>78242811
Gravity is the result of symbiotic microscopic organisms called Midi-Clingions living in our cells and in rocks and shit. Without them we wouldn't be able to cling to the Earth and we'd float off. Shit, dude, everybody knows this.
>>
>>78243025

Oh oh, he HAS two. Not that one is two years OLD. Gotcha.
>>
>>78243046
His kids showed up in the Prequels. So did he. They were Pantorans, or blue people. Not to be confused with Pandorans, this is really important. His son, too, but nobody talks about Jett much.
>>
So, when Rey constructs her own lightsaber, what color is it going to be?
>>
File: lucas daughter.jpg (89KB, 560x415px) Image search: [Google]
lucas daughter.jpg
89KB, 560x415px
>>78243013
>>78243025
>>78243046
No, he does have a two year old daughter with his second wife Mellody Hobson. That brings him to a total of four kids, though this is the first one that's biologically his (Amanda, Katie and Jett were all adopted).
>>
>>78243071
>Jett
Was he the young Padawan that tried to help Senator Organa, put up a pretty good fight with some clones and was then gunned down?
>>
File: 1278641498576.jpg (15KB, 444x447px) Image search: [Google]
1278641498576.jpg
15KB, 444x447px
>>78243103
>biracial
>>
Just came back. I liked it. Felt like the Star Wars I love.

What's the general consensus?
>>
>>78243143
>>78243115

I found the rightist Swedes.
>>
>>78243172
From what I've read the prevailing opinion is that it is a near exact clone of A New Hope (ironic) but also that it doesn't really matter.

Been listening to the soundtrack and while it is hardly a surprise that the music has so many familiar elements, John Williams being John Williams, it's amusing how much March of the Resistance sounds like the Battle Droid theme mixed with elements of The Last Crusade.
>>
Kylo Ren is probably my favourite character in Star Wars now. Many fans will disagree, but I really love how immature and vulnerable he was. In fact, if he already was as strong and menacing as Vader, he wouldn't be interesting at all because it wouldn't suit the character. He is hated by everyone, manipulated by Snoke and even his own soldiers don't want to go near him. He is a frustrated and angry character and this is the first time I have ever felt a Star Wars villain acting like a real human being. Driver's performance was beautiful and you could feel the strong chemistry between him and Ford. Amazing.
>>
>>78243298
I thought he was great as the antagonist for the first movie in the new trilogy, but I don't see him as a strong enough character to remain a credible villain for the remaining films.
>>
>>78243317

Well, we do know he's going to get further training from Snoke.
>>
>>78243317
I don't expect him to stay a villain for the whole trilogy anyway. He will probably get an redemption arc, but he will probably suffer a lot more than his idol did.
>>
Please, PLEASE, let some Jedi still be alive in hiding.
>>
File: gnbnHFo[1].jpg (182KB, 1235x809px) Image search: [Google]
gnbnHFo[1].jpg
182KB, 1235x809px
Ask a frenchfag that saw the movie anything
>>
>>78243356
Lots of people have seen the movie, I'm from a fucking third world country and I saw it already. Nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>78243356

Does Snoke says Kylo Ren is the LAST of the Knight of Ren or the MASTER of the Knights of Ren?
>>
>>78243441
Not him, but he definitely said "master" in the german translation. I guess we'll see them in Episode VIII.
>>
>>78243441

He said master. Also, Finn may be a Leonis. He was taken from his parents at a young age. Also, does exceedingly well in his Stormtrooper training like Zare and Dhara according to Before the Awakening.
>>
Did anyone else think the reveal of Ren's lineage was really poorly done?

They should have had skipped directly to Ren jacking off to Vader's helmet, that would have been a much better way to handle it.
>>
>>78243356
I want to eat some croissants with french cheese and grape juice.
>>
>Han and Chewie appear
>whole theater cheers

>Leia appears
>literally no one makes a sound
>C3PO shows up right after
>crowd goes fucking nuts

>Luke appears
>one sole guy goes "woo"
>>
Finn doesn't have anything to define him. Being nice and brave isn't enough in the Star Wars Universe. Rey and Poe are also nice and brave and yet they have skills that define them. Finn doesn't have that, and it has to be addressed going forward.
>>
>>78242811

All objects with mass distort the four-dimensional fabric of space-time such that it produces a gravity well. This produces an attractive force between all objects with mass.
>>
>>78243478
I felt it could have been handled better, but I was also glad that Abrams didn't treat it as a huge "plot twist", because that would've never worked.
>>
Eh, I don't like how Luke doesn't seem remorseful or sad when he meets Rey. 4 planets and billions of sentients just went boom, which could have been prevented by Luke... and he just looks curious more than anything when meeting Rey.
>>
>kylo shot first
>>
So, who is Rey related to?
>>
>>78243647
As soon as I saw that bridge... Damn... I mean, we all knew it would happen, but still, it's Han Solo!
>>
>>78243666
She's Dooku's great-granddaughter.
>>
>>78243679
One guy at my theater was visibly upset about it. He nearly throws his popcorn bucket to the floor.
>>
>>78243337
Snoke: Sith Up or I'm going to replace you with that Rey girl who beat your ass like it was a dub step track.
>>
>>78243679
>it's Han Solo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A
>>
Pretty silly that the New Republic had no fucking warships ready to jump into the fight against the Starkiller when its location is known.

Muh muh it took them all out! Sure it did. They were all parked planetside, right? None out on patrol, on port calls, on bases outside of the few planets?

Blah. Minimalism runs rampart.
>>
How was the trench run?
>>
>>78243741

the location of the starkiller base is NOT known.
>>
>>78243741

It probably took them a while to reorganize, since you know they're government was destroyed. Also starkiller base is mobile. And we no the New Republic doesn't have great military strength.
>>
>>78243502
None of them look like good characters to me. All the marketing has been about is "this is more diverse than old Star Wars". I know nothing about their personalities.
>>
>>78243768

It eventually is.

How hard for the resistance to call in help? It's not like they aren't working for the Republic behind the scenes.

They should have had at least dozens of warships capable of action. Not all would have been on disaster duty.
>>
>>78243814
lazy writing
>>
man, why was kylo vs. finn way better than kylo vs. rey. they really phoned in the choreography.
>>
>>78243768
I think it was.

Its a fucking planet how would you lose that shit.

How did Poe Dameron survive the crash at the beginning? Was there a line I missed?
>>
>>78244303

the visual dictionary says it's not known, also the planet is in the exact place that illum was in the old map. and it's location was a secret.
>>
Hol up, was that last episode it? Was that corn-ball bullshit supposed to be the end of season 2?
>>
Why was Han's son so Iranian looking
>>
>>78244351
No, just a winter break
>>
>>78244456
Those fuckers....
>>
Is there anything canon written about the period where Luke goes on trying to train Force sensitive younglings after RotJ?

Anything canon about Ben Solo?
>>
File: donthugmeimscared.jpg (54KB, 960x764px) Image search: [Google]
donthugmeimscared.jpg
54KB, 960x764px
So I went on /tv/ to see what the Star Wars discussion was like.

That place really is a cesspool.
>>
How did they explain Maz having Anakin's lightsaber? Isn't that the same one Obi Wan gave Luke in ANH as in the one lost on Bespin?
>>
File: lightsaber-ff[1].jpg (13KB, 433x178px) Image search: [Google]
lightsaber-ff[1].jpg
13KB, 433x178px
> mfw Disneybabies argued against the UE by saying that the Empire finding Luke's hand and his lightsaber was a shitty idea
> mfw Disneybabies argued against the UE by saying that all the Imperial superweapons were silly as fuck
> mfw Episode 7 has both of those
>>
>>78244572

sweet vindication
>>
>>78244572
>UE
Can't even get your bait right
>>
>>78242706
>the new movie isn't "George's vision"

But it is George's vision. In fact, I already saw this movie back then in eighties, except with worse special effects and characters that weren't pathetic losers.
>>
>>78243505
>All objects with mass distort the four-dimensional fabric of space-time such that it produces a gravity well. This produces an attractive force between all objects with mass.

Not even that guy, but that's a description, but not an explanation.
>>
>>78243502
>Finn doesn't have anything to define him.

Being an example of every nigger stereotype that one can use without outright introducing space ghettoes does not count?

Whether that is "anything good" is another question.
>>
>>78243980
>man, why was kylo vs. finn way better than kylo vs. rey. they really phoned in the choreography.

Because in our age "strong female character" is an oxymoron. The very idea of females actually having to walk the walk is anathema. So while a male on male fight could be a brutal affair, where an underdog is gradually torn apart by a massively superior opponent, while still managing to get in a couple of telling blows, in a male on female fight the female has to win and has to win cleanly, without actually having so suffer for her victory, and even if she has to lose because she is a mook, she is still entitled to being cleanly defeated in one shot, instead of being methodicaly and brutally beaten down.
>>
>>78244630
Explain existence.
>>
>>78244726

Did I ever pretended to be able to, in a 4chan post format, to boot? Go, read some of the great philosophers, they do it better than I can.
>>
>>78244512
shit taste desu
>>
>>78244702
This is why I hate liberals. It's not impossible to make strong female characters. There are many of them. Even in star wars there are girls who kick ass and are believeable, yet people jew jew abrams phone it in and jerk themselves off about having women characters like they invented it when their women characters are shit.
>>
>>78244303
>How did Poe Dameron survive the crash at the beginning? Was there a line I missed?
When he meets Finn, he says he was thrown out of the TIE.
>>
>>78244363
Leia cheated on Han with a chin.
>>
The amount of practical effects and costumes in this movie was beautiful. Everything was hand-made and physical.
>>
File: Can't handle the bantz.jpg (39KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Can't handle the bantz.jpg
39KB, 400x400px
>>78244702
That's true. I can hardly think of many examples where women ever experience the losing end of a fight. Ryuuko in KLK is the most recent I can think of, but that's Japan.

>>78243502
I don't see Finn coming back or being a major player in the next two movies. His story is told, he's joined into the folds of the Resistance. Poe we know is confirmed to return. I have a feeling the story in episode 8 will focus on him.
>>
>>78242755

>dance fight

nice auralnaut reference
>>
>>78244702

I thought she did okay cuz she actually thrusted with the lightsaber for once.
>>
Why did Kylo stare down Finn at the beginning of the movie?
>>
>>78245104

He sensed his fear and disapproval.
>>
>>78244505
>>78244505
>>78244505

Anyone?
>>
>>78245133

no, the movie just came out.
>>
>>78245133

No, probably will get a novel about it or something.
>>
Saw the movie. Have many opinions but need to vent this:

Hollywood needs to cut this Mary Sue "strong female character" bullshit. Rey has NO arc, NO development, and it's because she masters literally everything put in front of her in a matter of seconds. If she has no trials, how can we care about her triumph?

And it's totally because she's "the girl", because Finn is allowed to fail and then rise against adversity. This is just the same old sexism in a new, SJW-approved format (because lip service is paid to her literal strength).
>>
>>78243133
I think you can also see him behind the librarian in the Jedi temple in ep2
>>
>>78245220

She does have an arc, though. She's waiting for a family that abandoned her and stubbornly clings to Jakku when she could leave, fights against getting dragged away from Jakku even when conflicted about returning BB-8 and helping Finn out, but gets shaken up by Han's kindness and the possibility of living on the Falcon and admits to herself that she doesn't have to stay on the desert shithole planet. Then when Han dies she feels personal responsibility and takes the Falcon with Chewie, just like Han had offered. It's a pretty classic "small-town girl spreads her wings" story.

As to her success, I'll give you that her power in the force is pretty crazy but the tech stuff makes sense for someone who's been scavenging Imperial and republic starships for parts and has been tinkering with the Falcon for years. She's notably kinda crap with a blaster and she has no lightsabre technique, only able to parry, swing and thrust, but wins because she used the force, luke.
>>
>>78244610
I don't even like the EU but really. There are languages other thanEnglish
>>
>>78244858

Can't tell if I'm being baited or not but fucking lol either way. 2000+ vfx shots on this film. Marketing rules the world
>>
So Finn gets his ass kicked the whole movie and then ends up in a coma? What the hell were they thinking

on the otherhand
>rey is an expert scavenger
>expert staff fighter
>canfly the falcon without a co-pilot
>is a handy mechanic
>can use the orce with minimal training to fight off kylo

How could such a lopsided juxtaposition happen? Finn loses his friend, gets put in a coma and then gets abandoned by his new friend.
>>
>>78245266

retard, you're a female aren't you. stupid bitch.
>>
Return of the jedi is a better film than episode 7
>>
>that competent storm trooper with that cool plasma tonfa
i wish he was the protag
>>
>>78245334

p-pls no bully
>>
>>78245348
>plasma tonfa

When? Can't believe I missed that.
>>
>>78245326

I was expecting finn to be in the bacta tank..

looks like they have advance to something else for medical observation.
>>
>>78245368
Riot trooper, yo.
>>
>>78245326

this is the reason boyega was worried. sellout nigga.
>>
>>78243688
So she's Seppie scum.

Hot.
>>
>>78245379

>Finn's going around sneaky-stabbing guys with the lightsaber
>suddenly "TRAITOR"
>this dude drops his shit and takes out his stun-stick
>procedes to go full Ferguson on Finn's ass
>Han has to save him

Guy was fighting with the spirit of all jobbed grunts everywhere.
>>
>>78243006
She doesn't. She's just standing there. Menacingly.

Waste of a good and pretty unique actress, really, especially when you considering how mediocre, both in terms of looks and ability, the guy playing Kylo is. Hell, Hux's actor is better than him.
>>
>>78245471

shes probably gonna be unmasked in the next two or just episode 8.

her giving in to Finn and Solo doesnt really show her true potential.. im pretty disappointed.
>>
>Finn has NO conflict at all about killing his brainwashed buddies

lol what a terrible freaking movie and why is rey good at EVERYTHING
>>
>>78245484

I think she might be dead, though. They stuffed her in a garbage chute and the planet exploded shortly after.

It's kind of a Boba Fett in ROTJ. She looks cool and shit in promo material but then does sweet fuck-all in the movie itself except get humiliated.
>>
>>78245484
She's going to be either new Boba at worst or new Grievous at best. I wish they'd go nuts and just make her the main villain for a whole movie thus making her new Dooku but that's not happening because it's all going to be Kylo and his angst and Sheev mk. 2. Assuming she's even coming back because Christie said she didn't hear anything about it as of yet.

Also, if all FO troopers are brainwashed/havily indoctrinated, it technically would make sense for her to get a redemption arc later on, but who am I kidding, the only villain allowed any form of redemption will be Kylo.
>>
>yfw Snoke is just Erza after turning evil
>>
>>78245491

Why would he? The first mission he makes a concious decision not to murder innocent people, and his former comrades do. So he probably thinks they're all horrible people prepared to kill, and he's fine with killing them if he needs to.
>>
>>78244702
>The very idea of females actually having to walk the walk is anathema.

Didn't she grow up on a shitty scavenger world fighting other scavengers and thugs? It's not like she's helpless or unskilled.
>>
I'm so happy there's discussion on /co/ then anywhere else. Every other boards discussion on the new movies just turns into nigger spam, genetic/IQ arguments and how to commit a fare genocide to all the dark skinned racist on Earth.

My biggest complaint about the movie is how much of a LITERAL Mary Sue the main female lead is. She just happens to be good at everything at all the right times. And her being able to stand toe and toe with Kylo was fucking dumb, she barely had any training compared to his years of training.
>>
>>78245484
>have an actress who actuall looks physically imposing and has some basic knowledge about hand to hand combat for once
>her character goes down without a proper fight

bravo Abrams, you really used the aavailable diverse assets well

I do see one huge upside here, though: I've seen like a dozen people fancasting Christie as Big Barda recently.
>>
>>78245529
>new Boba

She'll be new admiral Trench, if they'll keep her in VIII and IX because there's no way she just waltzed away from that without harm
>>
>>78245555

She was stronger in the force and Kylo was a weak-willed pussy full of doubt. Snoke explicitly states that Kylo's untrained and the other FO guys talk shit about Kylo.

Their lightsaber fight was a couple of amateurs hacking at each other. That's why Finn who wasn't even force-sensitive could handle Kylo in a fight for a bit.
>>
>>78245379
Does the Visual Dictionary explain what its composed of?
>>
>>78245620
It's like an electro-staff.
But a tonfa.
>>
>>78243082
Black
>>
>>78245529
I kinda hope we'll at the very least see Finn trying to either take more stormtroopers to the rebel side or having doubts about switching sides in some scene where a lot of FO mooks die. It's kinda odd that he lft because his buddy died and because he's sick of indoctrination but then doesn't mind that hundreds of other people like him are killed by the good guys.
>>
>>78245652

He said that he left because he didn't want to be a killer, though.
>>
>>78245670
>I don't want to be a killer
>Let me go and kill all these Storm Troopers

I wonder if Finn has any potential to be force sensitive. Legends wise its rare that blacks have force powers, something about genetics and lacking certain things to be able for midichorlians to attach themselves to.
>>
>>78245652
maybe after seeing what they've done and experiencing the indoctrination first hand he abandoned hope and just shoot without doubt.
>>
File: walk away.png (343KB, 350x509px) Image search: [Google]
walk away.png
343KB, 350x509px
>>78245616
>She was stronger in the force and Kylo was a weak-willed pussy full of doubt. Snoke explicitly states that Kylo's untrained and the other FO guys talk shit about Kylo.
>Their lightsaber fight was a couple of amateurs hacking at each other. That's why Finn who wasn't even force-sensitive could handle Kylo in a fight for a bit.
what a load of crap
>>
>>78245711
What? No that's not true whatsoever. The Korun (Mace) are all black and all Force sensitive.
>>
>>78245220
/tv/ pls go
>>
>>78245711

Well, killing innocent people.

Finn's actually kind of interesting. His motivation in the film is very simple- the First Order is scary and horrible and he wants to run away from them as fast as he can and as far away as possible. He doesn't seem to care much at all about organizations and the war, and teams up with Poe because he needs a pilot to escape. He only has empathy for individuals like Rey and his motivation for putting himself in danger and stopping the First Order is entirely about saving her to the point that he lies to get onto the Starkiller Base, and for the innocent civilians he was ordered to gun down.

He's a simple guy on survival mode.
>>
>>78245484
she dead nigga

Wedge was right in not wanting to be in this movie
>>
>>78245566
The mythical casual moveigoer would feel too intimidated by woman who's like, 3 inches taller than him doing anything. In fact so was Jar Jar considering Phasma was meant to be a dude initially and Christie only got the role because her agent was persistent about it, as she said herself a few times.

It's sad how ever y time she gets a role outside of GoT it's just a small cameo. She should just aim at becoming a character actress I guess, because no matter how hard she tries, Hollywood will remain afraid of casting tall women.
>>
Kylo Ren really was the most interesting character. I thought the scene where [spoilers]killed Han[/spoilers] was a legit good moment.

Most people seemed to hate Finn, for me other than it being a bit weird him having no problem killing other Stormtroopers I quite liked him. Brought some levity to the movie.

Rey, well I'm torn about Rey. I can see what people meant by her being a bit of a mary sue. Hell there were moments where she reminded me unpleasantly of Korra.
>>
Just got back from seeing the movie. Pretty good, but what the fuck was the point of Phasma?

All she does is give Finn some shit at the start, and then gets killed off via a joke.

I mean I know she was meant to be the new Boba Fett, but even he got to shoot his guns.
>>
>>78245844

I didn't mind Rey because her personality was pleasant enough. Honestly I liked all three of the protagonists. Poe should have been in more of the film though.
>>
>>78245844
>>Most people seemed to hate Finn
Really? Most people I've talked to thought him and Kylo were the best part of the film
>>
>>78245266
This. Young Luke :
+ excellent pilot from the get go
+ can do some mechanic (but don't know shit about hyperspace)
+ Can use a blaster, know how to shoot
- No experience in close quarters combat

Rey
+ Good pilot (seen like a default force sensitive thing by now)
+ excellent mechanic
+ Know how to fight in close combat
- What's a blaster?

About her character, I think it's not just about the family that abandoned her and stubbornly clinging to Jakku. She is enthusiastic about the resistance and Han, but it seems pretty clear to me that she just can't imagine being part of this at first. She's just a lowest class scavenger in her mind, having a part in greater things for a few moments (bringing back the droid) is unbelievable but actually being a hero is straight up unthinkable. Hence why she freak out when she's told to walk on freaking Skywalker path. It's like taking a kid from some favelas and asking to solve the middle east conflicts.

I would say that not only she has an arc, but she has a better arc than Luke himself in ANH.
And I don't think she get particularly spared either. Fin get through more sure, but that's because he's more in the forefront of the movie, albeit slightly.
>>
>>78245857
Tumblr and Game of Thrones bait.
>>
>>78245857
it's just Abrams being bitter he couldn't cast Cumberbatch in this role most likely

I hope she doesn't come back simply because Christie deserves better than this trainwreck, I'll probably still watch next parts for Finn and maybe Luke but I'm honestly not as excited as I used to be after the first trailers. Cleaning up the EU is Disney's only considerable achievement so far
>>
I think it's cool they were self-aware enough to know that everyone would compare Ren to Vader unfavourably and wrote that into his character.

They even make fun of him in the film, that bit where he chucks a tantrum in the torture room and the Stormtroopers are just like "here we go again" was hilarious.
>>
>>78245875
>Tumblr and Game of Thrones bait

I thought Tumblr is mad Cumberbatch didn't get this role
>>
>>78245902

I thought Tumblr didn't like Cumberbach because he said something un-PC about disabled people.
>>
>>78245844
>>78245866
I cannot fathom Kylo being a good character after reading spoilers

Everything about him screams buzzwords like edgelord, faggot and emo, and Han deserves a better death than getting punked by a punk
>>
>>78245844
Rey doesn't do anything that Luke doesn't do in the first film. 100% guarantee if she were a guy the term wouldn't be used at all.
>>
>>78245305
>Why didn't they do the 5000ft spaceship practically! REEEEE

The VFX looked fucking great, and the practical effects were in a massive abundance. Anything that could've been done practically, as far as I could see, was.
>>
>>78245912
He's all those things but it works in the context
Also stuff like this >>78245901
helps
>>
>>78245883
>Cleaning up the EU is Disney's only considerable achievement so far
only to add back silly shit like a whole planet-sized Death Star :^)
>>
>>78245902
Tumblr shlicks over strong action-star women
>>
>>78245911
I'm not up to date, but I'm pretty sure their lust for reptilian cock outweights that
>>
>>78245901
>>78245924
But Anakin 2.0 doesn't sound fun to watch
>>
>>78245929
What?
>>
Can someone explain to me the politics of this movie?

Is the First Order actually in control of a portion of the Galaxy, or are they just some edgy death army? Who exactly are the Resistence? It's said they're getting Republic support, so that would mean they're not actually part of the New Republic.
>>
>>78245940

I know what you're saying and I partially agree. In the film he pissed me off for most of it, but then watching Hux shit-talk him, him embarass himself in front of Snoke, get shot by Chewie and beaten the fuck up by Finn and Rey was really enjoyable.

I liked hating him and laughing at his failure.
>>
>>78245912
That describes the character to a T, but somehow it really works. Kylo is interesting not because he's an awesome badass, but because he's a pathetic loser trying to act like an awesome badass.
>>
>>78245966
oh so he's supposed to be hated on

like a whipping boy to distract the audience from the choppier parts of the movie
>>
>>78245940
Why does a character need to be "fun" to watch. You're not going to enjoy every aspect of a character because you're not going to enjoy every aspect of a person. That's my problem with all this "likeable character" nonsense

See a character for who they are and what they become, not for what you personally like. You guys exaggerate character flaws so much to the point of defining characters by them
>>
>>78245927
I've seen more people doing so on /co/ than on tumblr, honestly, looking at the amount Big Barda or Lady Shiva have here. And at how many people even in this thread seem to be mad mostly because Phasma wasn't physically intmidating (and died as a joke while) Christie herself is. Tumblr seemed more excited for Rey, as far as I can tell.

For the most part, Tumblr just picks random female characters, usually painfully cliche and stereotypical ones like Black Widow and claims that's what they are to justify venerating them for no specific reason.

>>78245951
Average Cumberbatch joke. You've never seen people calling him a reptilian or ayyy lmao? Or notice his uncanny resemblance to one in the first place?
>>
File: 1365016164262.jpg (90KB, 340x396px) Image search: [Google]
1365016164262.jpg
90KB, 340x396px
>>78245955
The republic seem to have basically reverted to being incompetent, indolent bureaucrats, a' la beginning of The Phantom Menace. The Resistance seems to be the people who decided to take things into their own hands when they realized the Senate wasn't going to get off its fat ass to do something about the First Order.
>>
>>78245993
........anon
>>
>>78245955

Basically the First Order seems to be a small-scale revival of Imperial doctrine. They have enough muscle to raid planets and hire bounty hunters, but IIRC there's only one Star Destroyer seen in the movie, and they didn't built a Death Star just modified an existing planet into one. I'm assuming that they control a few worlds but they aren't a galactic power. They talk in Hux's speech about striking out against the Republic and it gave me vibes of Neo Zeon.

The Republic is restored, but their army was demilitarized because that's how the Old Republic was, I guess? No more unified big army, though C-3P0 refers to a republic fleet so I guess they still have some sort of defense force. The Resistance is supported by the Republic but they're a separate organization trying to fight against the Order like the Rebels did. Basically sanctioned vigilantes?
>>
>>78245955
It's left pretty vague, probably because throwing someone head-first into a cesspool of fictional politics is how the Prequels fucked up.

As I see it, nobody has, as of yet, won the Galactic Civil War. The Empire was defeated and the New Republic was established, but the First Order has come out of that and maintained some of the Empire's territories, while the New Republic is trying to expand to match the classic Republic.

The Resistance is the military the Republic has to deal with the First Order, they defend the burgeoning Republic. At the moment, I think the ratio of control for the two superpowers are about 50/50, but it's probably that they control less than that, and that more territories than ever are independently governed or not governed at all, until one of these sides wins the war.
>>
>>78245966
>>78245980
Man, it sounds like I'll be waiting for Luke to just mercy kill the fucker but of course it won't happen.

Why the hell did he fuck off alone for 40 years? Both protagonists of the previous trilogies are officially failures now. Is Skywalker luck the new Parker luck?
>>
File: Usso and the Shrike Team.jpg (99KB, 836x623px) Image search: [Google]
Usso and the Shrike Team.jpg
99KB, 836x623px
>>78246011
we League Militaire now
>>
I thought Ren was a perfectly acceptable substitute for Vader and came across as very menacing, right up until he took his helmet off. Then he became a joke. He really should have kept that thing on.
>>
File: zorba.jpg (71KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
zorba.jpg
71KB, 350x350px
>>78245993
nice pasta, saving for future use
>>
>>78245993
There are evil characters who are cool and evil characters who are just annoying.
>>
>>78246034
What is Snoke is Zorba who decided to lose some weight
>>
>>78246013
>last time the Republic got rid of its army a Sith lord started a fake war so he could usurp the Republic with the army he created
>Republic gets revived
>get rid of army again because 'hurrdurr muh pacifism'
>>
>>78246013
>They talk in Hux's speech about striking out against the Republic and it gave me vibes of Neo Zeon.
Ah so I wasn't the only one who noticed that. When I first heard about the Resistance I was thinking AEUG to the Republic's Earth Sphere/Titans.
>>
>>78246109

>last time the Republic had an army it turned into an evil oppressive empire

See, it makes sense if you put it like this.
>>
>>78245616

Kylo isn't untrained. The Visual Dictionary and flashback show that. He has years of training from Luke as well as training from Snoke. He's also the Master of the Knights of Ren.

Do you retards realize, that untrained force-users do not stop blaster bolts in mid-air?
>>
>>78246013
>>78246016
The way I understand it is that the New Republic and what's left of the empire are at peace at the beginning of the movie. Well, more like a truce I suppose. The Resistance is the way they found to continue the fight without technically breaking their truce.
If that's the case, the New Republic is going to strikes back since blasting whole planets isn't very diplomatic.
>>
>>78246141
>He's also the Master of the Knights of Ren
Easy if you're the last of them.
>>
>>78245916
>Rey doesn't do anything that Luke doesn't do in the first film.

Absolutely false. Luke does not do Jedi mind tricks or duel anyone. He also doesn't use telekinesis.

Retard.
>>
>Hux constantly tattles on Kylo to Snoke when he's right there beside him
>Kylo tries to glare, but Hux gives no fucks
>movie ends with Hux having to save Kylo's otaku ass

Based Nazi
>>
>>78245998
>I've seen more people doing so on /co/ than on tumblr, honestly

I've seen more people doing so in a single JL storytime yesterday than I've ever seen on tumblr but then I rarely go on tumblr
>>
>>78246147
So pretty much like the Old Republic and the Sith Empire in TOR?
>>
>>78246013
So is there a larger Imperial Remnant out there? And what about Coruscant? Why is the Republic capital some planet we've never heard of before rather than the city-wide planet that was the capital of the Old Republic for millennia?
>>
>>78246160

He's not the last of them, Snoke said he was the Master of them. Please pay attention next time your watching the movie.
>>
>>78246168
Hux is the Zemo of SW
>>
>>78246141

Snoke literally says at the end of the movie "bring him to me for training".

That's the script itself saying Ren is a scrub. We have no context as to Luke's training or the Knights of Ren, just that in the movie he's strong in the Force enough to stop blaster bolts and grab people but unstable enough to get the crap scared out of him by a girl and unskilled enough with a lightsabre to have trouble beating up someone with no apparent Force sensitivity.
>>
>>78246124
This could have used a Quattro figure but the OT makes it impossible.
>>
>>78246188

That does not imply that HE HAS NOT TRAINED KYLO, SIMPLY THAT HE HAS NOT COMPLETED HIS TRAINING.

Retard. Even Kylo says he will rely on the training he has received from Snoke.

Fucking Rey was only able to beat him because he took a blaster bolt straight on, was injured by Finn, and very emotionally vulnerable.

Context, retard. It's important.
>>
File: 1394643433390.jpg (68KB, 600x812px) Image search: [Google]
1394643433390.jpg
68KB, 600x812px
>>78246124
The First Order needs a Haman Karn.
>>
>>78246216
What about when she scared him off during the interrogation scene? Where was his boo-boo then?
>>
>>78246216

Dude, come on. Kylo's clearly a total woobie. Snoke's like "okay this guy has been fucking around too long, bring him here and I'll set him straight". The guy's having to intervene to protect his dorky loser of his apprentice.
>>
>>78246228

That was Rey being a Mary Sue. Kylo was very effectively able to get info from Poe using telepathic intrusion.
>>
>>78246218
What if Kylo was a girl? It would stop the /pol/ bitching about the villains being white men.
>>
File: judau and haman1.jpg (66KB, 516x686px) Image search: [Google]
judau and haman1.jpg
66KB, 516x686px
>>78246218
>ran neo-zeon into the ground
>can not into /ss/, he is 14, far too old
>can't even drank her wine properly
>>
I refuse to actually read Aftermath, so I just have a question about it. How does it justify the Rebellion going from their fleet taking a severe beating from Star Destroyers and the Death Star II at Endor, to being able to take on the combined Imperial Navy toe to toe and overwhelmingly win at Jakku, in only one year?
>>
Phasma's death scene sheds new light on Gwen saying she thinks Phasma and Fett should team up after she was asked who would win

together they'd have a small chance of not dying in an embarassing way
>>
So now that I've seen the movie does anyone have those photos from the visual guide book or whatever yet? I know a couple of pages have been leaked but has the whole thing been scanned/photoed in readable quality?
>>
>>78246233

Actually, Snoke wanted to finally complete his training because he proved himself by killing his father. He wasn't "seduced" by the light which is what Snoke was worried about.

Clearly, Kylo is not a pushover. He demolished Luke's Academy by himself. He was just having the worst day of his life when he fought Rey.

It's astounding how many "fans" don't understand these simple plot points. Especially here.
>>
>>78246246
But it would start everyone else bitching about the SJW boogeyman.
>>
>>78246261
goddammit why did i come back to these threads when I knew it was coming out today
>>
File: 1395028355069.gif (3MB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
1395028355069.gif
3MB, 544x400px
>playing galaxy of heroes
>Finn and Kylo cost $100 if you don't wanna grind
>Rey is grind only
>mfw
>>
>>78246260
>I refuse to actually read Aftermath
Listen to it then, its not as garbage as an audio book
>>
>>78246268
>He was just having the worst day of his life when he fought Rey.
men just can't compete
I am happy that someone finally shows how strong really womyn are
>>
>>78246268

It'd be pretty easy for Kylo to kill a bunch of students, especially since he had those Ren dudes with him.
>>
>>78246249
Go back to /m/, Char.
>>
>>78246278
That's already happening anyway because of the female lead, plus the racism triggered by the black co-lead

Might as well dodge a bullet by making the Vader villain a woman too.

Also someone like Cate Blanchett as the Hux
>>
>>78246268
>Clearly, Kylo is not a pushover. He demolished Luke's Academy by himself.
I still doubt he killed everyone. In the timespan there ought to have been some Jedi that were more skilled than him and/or not even at the Academy because they were out on missions. Kylo doesn't have shit like Order 66 or an entire galactic empire backing him up in search of Jedi.
>>
Was anyone else disappointed giant Snoke was just a hologram? I thought having a giant as the villain was really interesting, but he'll probably just be a normal dude.
>>
>>78246317
If Hux was a woman they'd kill him off like Phasma

remember, Abrams wanted Cumberbatch for the role initially
>>
>>78246339
They didn't kill off Rey.
>>
>>78246334

I really hope he's huge.
>>
>>78246351
Her name is traditionally male in Spanish, subtle

They should have spelled it with an I.
>>
>>78246355
> You can't lightsaber the big bad because he's just that huge.
>>
>>78246351
Rey is a protagonist and Abrams didn't plan her to be a dude, though. I feel like some people here are just panicking because they were too hyped for something unrealistic (that is, not exactly conventionally attractive actress in a prominent role, even if ultimately the only unconventional thing about her is being a head taller than rest of the cast) but there might be some merit in it.
>>
File: Sam shrug.png (172KB, 648x648px) Image search: [Google]
Sam shrug.png
172KB, 648x648px
Where is the fapfiction where Phasma forces Rey to eat her out?
>>
File: tfa.jpg (169KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
tfa.jpg
169KB, 1200x675px
Since people are seeing the movie now, let's have a poll.

http://strawpoll.me/6291092

Please don't vote before you see the movie! It'd make me cry.
>>
>>78246407
this to be desu senpai familia
>>
>>78243473
I don't think they would bother making a link to Rebels in the movies
>>
>>78246394
That just means he has huge guts.
>>
>>78246455
>not expecting Hera to make a cameo in Rogue One
>>
>Finn was friendzoned

Nobody saw it coming. Bravo, J.J.
>>
File: sad mayl.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sad mayl.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>78246471
......no anon I don't, and in your heart you know this to be true to
>>
>>78246483
>Implying
There was no romance in A New Hope either. Expect the two to get together in the next film.

That, or Finn's gay for Po.
>>
Started watching TCW with Rookies. It's a lot better than Rebels has been lately. My favorite part is Grievous and his bridge bunnies.
>>
>>78246471
>An alien appearing in Rogue One
Kek.
>>
File: Cyberdemon_Doom2.jpg (57KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Cyberdemon_Doom2.jpg
57KB, 333x250px
>>78246464

>final film
>Rey and heroes confront Snoke in his chamber
>suddenly room expands into a huge arena
>Snoke removes his cloak, revealing cloven hooves, cybernetics, and a giant rocket launcher arm
>scene where the heroes run the fuck away from him and get saved by Poe flying in with a fucking X-Wing and blowing the arm off
>Snoke's just like "it's not over yet!" and pulls out a lightsaber as big as a ship's mast and starts chopping up the place
>>
>>78246504
>bridge bunnies

fuck of /m/
>>
File: the sword that cleaves light.gif (852KB, 400x170px) Image search: [Google]
the sword that cleaves light.gif
852KB, 400x170px
>>78246516
>>
>>78246504
>It's a lot better than Rebels has been lately
that may be because Rebels is shit and has unlikable characters
>>
>>78246524

Dude, /m/ is always going to be here for Star Wars.

Though the latest gundam threads have been total shit so I'm taking time away from /m/ for now.
>>
>>78246511
Disney employee, pls go.
>>
So who the fuck was the old guy at the beginning? Was he someone I'm supposed to recognize?
>>
Is it pronounced "snowk", "snohk", or "sno-kay"?
>>
>>78246557
Snookie
>>
>>78246550

Yeah that was the one thing I didn't get. Was he some sort of Rebel general?
>>
>>78246550
>>78246572
George
>>
>>78246516
What, are they supposed to telefrag him with a tractor beam?
>>
>>78246550
Kanan.
It was Kanan he just didn't try fighting back because he thought Ren might let the villagers live if he just let himself die.
>>
>>78246502
>That, or Finn's gay for Po.
I would actually be OK with that.
>>
>>78246594

Nah, R2-D2 turns into a Force BFG.
>>
>>78246260

It doesn't touch Jakku. Aftermath does not depict the Battle of Jakku.

But as far as I can tell, once the Emperor was dead and the Death Star was destroyed, worlds started defecting en masse, bringing with them tons of people and resources.

So the New Republic was able to pull itself together in a matter of months and be fully functional within the year.

Admiral Rae Sloane wound up controlling the vast bulk of the Imperial fleet through various incidents, including the Empire's only remaining Super Star Destroyer, and was counseled by various commanders on what to do with said fleet. She chose to wield it very cautiously, resulting in some losses due to a lack of fleet support, but keeping the Empire alive enough to eventually stabilize.
>>
>>78246643
I assume Rae Sloane is an alternate version of that other female admiral from the old EU
>>
>>78245220
and in a way its racist because finn is black and has to be saved by their perfect white female
>>
>>78246667
Natasi Daala and Ysard were both incompetent cunts
>>
>>78246677

Heh, he also got saved from the white riot police stormtrooper by a white guy.
>>
>Leia not trained to be a jedi not even trained enough to defend herself just in case of emergencies

I will never be okay with that.
Still 67/100
>>
File: andi g.jpg (72KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
andi g.jpg
72KB, 600x800px
>>78246680
>>78246667
>>
>>78246667

No, she's not the new Natasi Daala. For one thing, Sloane is actually pretty smart and relateable rather than being Tarkin's brain-damaged cumslut.

Rae Sloane was introduced as a captain in A New Dawn, the Rebels prequel novel. Which I highly recommend.

If anything, Rae is the new Pellaeon.
>>
>>78246550
>>78246572
>>78246589
>>78246608
Lor San Tekka.

There's next to no info on him. I fully expect the new EU to give him a rich and needlessy complicated backstory anytime soon, though. Or do they not do that anymore?

Anyways, I guess it was cool that Ming the Merciless showed up, but it's a shame he was wasted in a bit role that we'll never see again.
>>
File: 1447189480418.jpg (189KB, 736x884px) Image search: [Google]
1447189480418.jpg
189KB, 736x884px
This is Annikin, I've reached the sneaking point.
>>
>>78246404
I wanted a good character not a caricature of the strong perfect female
Rey is literally a stereotype and I have to question JJ on him saying Rey wasn't conceived by gender considering how she's written even Luke and Anakin weren't this good(and anakin was sort of the same character as rey)
>>
Is Rey being Luke's daughter too obvious to be true?
>>
>>78246677
I find it racist because nobody seems to give a shit about the characters except their race/sex

>he's a black and kicks ass
>she's a girl and kicks ass

vs.

>she's the tomboy daughter of a politican who leads a rebellion
>she's anakin's whiny padawan and you see her grow into a mature young woman

I don't really care about star wars anymore anyway but it annoys me how they keep promoting some "ladies in star wars" agenda like they're doing something new. If the only interesting thing about you're character is what they're not, they're a shit character.
>>
>>78246701
> tfw we may still yet see Thrawn with boobs
>>
File: ChissFemale.jpg (396KB, 565x795px) Image search: [Google]
ChissFemale.jpg
396KB, 565x795px
>>78246736
nev'er e'ver
>>
>>78246680
Wait, I'm pretty sure Ysard pulled out some pretty good moves. Sure, some were retarded but some were good. Or am I remembering that wrong...
>>
>>78246725
I hope they're not going there. Having Ren's be Han's son is one thing, but adding one more to the pile would make Star Wars a small inbred town.
>>
>>78246261
People use Spoiler tags for comedy on here but when you see comments like these they do not use them at all.
>>
>>78246729
>He's a former stormtrooper with a good heart who defected and got roped into the resistance
>She's an orphaned scavenger with a mysterious strong connection to the force

There
>>
>Rey is implied to have grown up in Luke's Jedi Order but got her memory wiped
>Rey is waiting for her family
I bet what's going to happen is she'll find out Luke took her from her family like the Jedi did in the past then when Kylo fucked the Jedi up he wiped her mind (so she wouldn't accidentally reveal she was a Jedi or something) and sent her to Jakku. Then because Kylo completely fucked up the Jedi Order Luke doesn't even know where Rey came from anymore and when she realizes that she will likely never see her family again and that Luke basically did to her what the First Order did to Finn she'll get pissed off and possibly go to the dark side.
>>
>>78246792
Star wars is already a small inbred town, what's with meeting Chewbacca and kid Greedo in the prequels
>>
>>78246706
>Dies in 10 seconds in the movie
>has 10 books in the EU

Anyone who thinks this is wrong is everything wrong with Star Wars.
>>
>>78246817
>He's a former stormtrooper with a good heart who defected and got roped into the resistance
>She's an orphaned scavenger with a mysterious strong connection to the force
> together they fight crime
>>
>>78246725
She's clearly quite clearly Han's daughter. I mean come on guys. How is that not obvious?
>>
>>78246772
Ysard literally took one big, long inhale of the Empire's firepower and reacted to it like Charlie huffing glue. Ultimate WILD CARD. She even SPACESHIPPED an ssd right out of Coruscant. So yeah, some good moves because sometimes a clock flailing its hands wildly drunk on power will land on the right time occasionally and haphazardly.
>>
>>78246772
The whole Krytos virus scheme was pretty inspired. Engineer a virus that will force the Rebels to expend the resources to combat and cure. Her mistake was losing Coruscant, since it was pretty much the glue that held the Imperial Remnant together.
>>
>>78246835
Yeah, that's one of my problems with the prequels. Everyone is related, everyone knows each other. It makes a huge and varied universe seem small and uninteresting.

>>78246840
I unironically love that shit, really. I love that you can go and read about the little gremlin that lives in Jabba's palace, or the fucking guy holding an ince cream machine. I hope the new canon honors this tradition. God knows I'm going to read the comic about how C3PO got his red arm.
>>
>>78246897

They already did. The red helmet guy in TFA who offers Finn work has his own little mini story.
>>
>>78246868
Could anyone other than Thrawn hope to keep Coruscant at that point though?
>>
File: 456.jpg (266KB, 716x716px) Image search: [Google]
456.jpg
266KB, 716x716px
You niggers aren't talking about TFA spoilers are you?
>>
>>78246897
You need to get this book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0241007909

It's only £7.20 at the moment, too. Usually £35. Sorry, it sounds like I'm shilling but it's pretty amazing if you like that kind of stuff.
>>
>>78247158
Even so you could at least not blab about it until at least a day or two after the movie comes out.
>>
>>78247208

This is 4chan. If you don't want to be spoiled avoid this site.
>>
>>78247247
>>78247247
But anon, we all know there is no avoiding this place once you've been here. If I didn't come here, I'd have to actually be productive at work, and fuck that noise.
>>
>>78247158
yeah, it's a blessing personal character moments, which reviews are making it seem to be the heart of this movie, are being respectfully hidden.
>>
>>78246826
Then Rey gets a cool mask and becomes Reven?
>>
>>78246693
wait wat?
>>
>>78244557
>How did they explain Maz having Anakin's lightsaber?
They don't, she says that's a story for later. I actually liked that, we don't need to know everything right away.
>>
>>78247330
Worse thing about the movie for me.
Worse than this being basically the plot of the post-Vong EU minus the Vong (well not exactly but close)

Other than force sensing we never see any hint that any of her power improved.
>>
>>78247247
The worst part is it's not just in Star Wars threads like this one, some dickhead might post a TFA spoiler in completely a different thread without warning.

>Hey /ck/, got any good Christmas dinner recipes to share?
>X KILLS Y IN STAR WARS VII

Christ dudes, just shove it.
>>
Also can we all agree despite all the memes that the bridge scene will create that the worst dialogue is actually

"The sun is still up we have a chance. Remember as long as we have the light we have hope"
>>
>>78247414
I dunno, I thought that was a nice way to have Star Wars generally corny dialogue actually fit the situation.
>>
>>78247365
I guess she didn't pass the first test.
>>
>that shitty choreography for the rey vs. kylo fight

is it because daisy is a girl? finn vs. kylo was much better.
>>
>>78247118
Come back when you have an actually good episode, Sabine.
>>
>>78247458
>Implying Rey cutting down that tree branch wasn't top tier tactics
>Not calling it Rey vs Ren
>>
>>78246701
>If anything, Rae is the new Pellaeon.
Only most likely dead by the time of TFA
>>
I heard the choreography is a blend of OT and PT but honestly is it any good?
>>
File: 464143_620.jpg (80KB, 620x354px) Image search: [Google]
464143_620.jpg
80KB, 620x354px
Am I the only one to be so butthurt that muh Indonesian bros Iko Uwais, Yayan Ruhian, and Cecep Arif Rahman ended up as useless mutes as the Kanjiklub Gang?

They are the choreographers and actors from The Raid and The Raid 2 and fuck me if these movies did not pack some mean punch. So much wasted potential for awesome combat choreography in that standout between Solo and the two gangs.
>>
>>78243143
>>>/pol/
>>
We get the comics storytimed yesterday?
>>
File: what....gif (464KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
what....gif
464KB, 500x353px
>>78246826
>Luke is going to be a BAD DAD and MAKE MISTAKES
>Literally Daddy issues

Fuck not this shit again.
>>
File: another victim of the crusade.gif (885KB, 375x304px) Image search: [Google]
another victim of the crusade.gif
885KB, 375x304px
>>78247684
>>
>>78247622
There wasn't enough Lightsaber on Lightsaber combat to really tell. It was more OT than PT, just a lot smoother. I'm hoping once both Ren and Rey get trained up a bit their rematch will be more exciting and PT like.
>>
>they save the real new Boba Fett by having him fuck off early
Hah
>>
>>78247745
Daddy issues are easy to write, if you have nothing else to bring to the table.
>>
I don't think Rey is a mary sue, and a lot of her skills makes sense (she's a good engineer because she spent her life salvaging star ships, she's decent at lightsaber combat because she knows how to fight with that tech staff thing), but having her be an expert pilot made zero sense.

She's spent her whole life on one planet and has no plans to leave it. She barely makes enough money for food, let alone the cash needed to buy or rent a ship to practice flying in. There's zero justification for her to be able to outfly two trained First Order pilots who, like Finn, were presumably trained since a very young age.
>>
File: keks.png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
keks.png
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>78247379
kek
>>
>>78247913
Yeah

Also that bit where she just knows how to do a Jedi Mind Trick, it just felt a bit forced
>>
>>78247913
> Anakin is the only human able to podrace as a kid
> Luke learn to fly on a T-16 skyhopper, then suddenly second best pilot of the rebellion
> Now Rey
Piloting is a spontaneous force power.
>>
>>78248089
Well, it depends, if she's actually Luke's kid I guess it makes sense, otherwise it's kind of silly.
>>
>>78248115
>>78248089
>The family name is Skywalker
>Flying is a natural ability for them

Poetry.
>>
Fuck I just realized how they could have made this movie a little cooler.
>in pre release shit show that Adam Driver is playing some completely unrelated character like an Imperial or something
>In the movie have Han say that he knows Kylo Ren. When Finn and Rey ask about it have Han say he's 'an old friend' with a worried face.
>In the Snoke scene have Snoke simply say that Kylo having to kill Han will be a test. Have Kylo say "I can do it." then have Hux say something like "That's small talk coming from a Skywalker."
>Have Kylo at some point mention that he knows how Jedi work since he's seen them train before.
>Have Kylo actually be fucking terrifying. Have him do shit like torture a rebel so bad that the rebel ends up with a few limbs and his eyes missing + he thinks he's hearing a monster chasing him because of some Sith mind trick when he gets saved.
>Basically the whole movie people are thinking that Kylo is Luke who ended up thinking Vader was right to turn to the dark side.
>Then in the scene where Kylo kills Han show him taking the mask off from the back and show his black hair to confuse everyone then reveal that he's Han's son.
>>
You know, as much as I enjoyed TFA there is a lot more 'poetry' in it than there was in the prequels.

I just wish they had taken a bit more risk (if you can even risk on a guaranteed return like Star Wars) rather than doing a whole nudge nudge, you remember this part? thing.
>>
>>78248135
Well I wonder how that would've looked if the family had been called Starkiller.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (91KB, 570x320px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
91KB, 570x320px
>>78248156
Hollywood is all about money now
Fuck quality writing or original ideas - Just stick with what makes ez money
>>
>>78248135
I feel bad for the solo then.
>>
>>78248150
>cheap twists make a movie "cooler"
Lame.
>>
>>78248175
> "Why can't I stop blowing stars?"
>>
>>78248203
That's lewd.
>>
>>78248175
Didn't we have some one named starkiller in tfu? Is that still semi canon?
>>
>>78248267
No, it's not canon at all.
>>
>>78248267
Back when Star Wars was still in the conceptual stages one of the potential names of Luke was Luke Starkiller. Hence why there are homages to that name.
>>
>>78248191
>Solos are destined to end up alone
Pottery
>>
>>78246915
Yo, Sidon Ithano gets a speaking role?
>>
>>78248379
He speaks in an alien language, so I don't know if that counts.
>>
>>78248321
The Organa organise.
>>
>>78248156
>I just wish they had taken a bit more risk

You're asking Hollywood to actually try and create something original, that's impossible now. They don't take risks, some directors and screenwriters might, but are usually hampered by the suits in charge, and if the Execs see that an original movie or a movie they tries to break the mold, they will shut it down in favor of a film that's easy and cheap to produce, easy for the public to understand and can make them more money in returns.
>>
File: tumblr_nyn80sRNcr1qacsj7o1_1280.jpg (360KB, 1000x1305px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyn80sRNcr1qacsj7o1_1280.jpg
360KB, 1000x1305px
>>78248400
Well I waited like 9 years for Plo Koon to get a voice, so yes I'll take anything. He survive the Castle battle? Do they spotlight any pirates defending the place? I like that stuff.
>>
>>78248454
Again, to George's credit, he did make his own damn films and stories with the prequels.

>>78248446
The Palpatines, uh, control palpitations?
>>
I think this is the only SW movie that did not leave me hooked at the end. Don't get me wrong, it was a good movie but the movie did nothing to get me interested in the new Era that gets reset to the OT anyways

The villains were not iconic enough, interesting concepts get introduced and written out quickly and wtf happened to the music?
>>
>>78248487
He leaves before the castle gets destroyed along with another buddy. Finn was going to leave with them before changing his mind
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpqLmABwr_c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSaaa_OBkzw
>>
>>78248495
And sadly for him, people wanted the same shit, just with a different paintjob.
>>
>>78248534
Is the First Order still alive and in fighting strength?How about the New Republic is it weak? How much of a reset are we talking?
>>
>>78248628
Republic is destroyed. First Order took over the galaxy. Now it's up to some Rebels and Rey (trained by an old Jedi) to save the day.
>>
>>78248544
Fuck, is it bad that I'd want Finn to be a space pirate instead? Develop, and come back with a pirate fleet to wreck the FO at a crucial moment?
>>
>>78248601
>tfw he says it's the movie fans wanted
>tfw it's basically a remake of ANH
>>
>>78248751
The Republic isn't destroyed, unless you think they only had like three planets.
>>
>>78248834
>army destroyed
>capital destroyed
Come on now. It's like if the US only had 1 or 2 bases and those bases along with Washington DC were nuked.
>>
>>78248751

Corocent wasn't destroyed numb nuts
>>
>>78248751
More like both sides are weakened now. It doesn't really end with anyone explicitly in control
>>
>>78248880
The New Republic's capital isn't Coruscant. It's Mon Mothma's home planet.
>>
>>78248628
My issue with this film is that it doesn't really explain who the New Order are, I know they are supposed to be the remnant of the Empire but that just raises the question as to why the Rebels didn't finish the damn job. Or did they just not notice this evil reactionary force build up again?
>>
>>78246407
Phasma is pure
>>
>>78248894
I'm curious as to where they get their funding from. The Empire had thousands of worlds to tax and build the Death Stars using those funds.
>>
>>78248891
FO lost their weapon and still has their leader, and the NR lost their Capital World and the Army they did have. The First Order is a bit better off.
>>
>>78248869
Chandrilla is still a thing though
>>
The movie was so fucking good, i and my friends loved it. Fucking sucks having to wait two more years for the next chapter..
>>
I can't believe Phasma goes down faster than Dooku, Grievous or even Fett

why did they cast a fuckhuge imposing actress if she's not going to wreck anyone's shit, or at least shoot that shiny silver gun once
>>
>>78248959
Not after TFA.
>>
>>78248918
I guess they just had the money?

Again, I'm honestly more curious as to what the hell happened after ROTJ. I know the actor's ages would have gotten in the way and all that but I really would have appreciated a bit where a not-Obi-Wan gave us some oversights as to what the Rebels did after Endor.
>>
>>78248968
She could've gotten out of that garbage compactor though.

I'm still thinking they're saving her for the next movie
>>
>>78248949
Eh they got fucked more imo since any planets that could have cowered in fear now have no reason to not go nuts on them. Destroying the superweapon movie 1 was a mistake.
>>
>>78248973
They didn't blow up Chandrilla, it was the Hosnian System which included Hosnian Prime.
>>
>>78248968
I'm disappointed she wasn't all elegent and stuff out of armor, and then a badass warrior with it on.
>>
I've been avoiding these threads for about three months and just got back from seeing the film.

I really enjoyed it for the most part, though it has to be said I don't give a single fucking toss about /tv/pol/mblr "political agenda" bullshit and I just enjoyed Finn and Rey as characters and their interactions with each other and the other characters. In fact every major actor was pretty fucking golden, a lot better than Portman and Christensen at any rate. And I say that as someone who has time for the prequels.

The pacing felt perfect, it felt like we were going on a proper galactic adventure with enjoyable company. The humour felt much more naturally worked into the dialogue than the prequel formula of serious business punctuated by comedy sketches from Jar-Jar/droids and the odd witty one liner. As an Empire/dark side aficionado Hux felt proper menacingly (but also inspiringly) Hitler-ish up on his platform, I liked his rivalry with Kylo. I also liked the fact that the way they played his character as torn between the dark and the light left me really wondering what he'd do and what his fate would be.

My only criticisms are how many fucking times can you do the Death Star plot? Hopefully that's the LAST time "we need to destroy a super-weapon" is a major plot point, the absolute atrocious wasting of the talents of Gwendoline Christie on a two-line character who was hyped up as someone much more important, the visual diarrhoea of modern CGI action scenes (but that's a criticism I have of a lot of movies) and that uncomfortable silence that went on way too long at the very end. I just wanted Rey to say "Well do you want the fucking lightsaber or not m8?"
>>
File: 1446076092999.jpg (27KB, 412x393px) Image search: [Google]
1446076092999.jpg
27KB, 412x393px
>that scene when Ren rages and the two stormtroopers decide to not come into his room
Kek
>>
>>78248993
>implying there won't be a new death star looking thing in every movie that looks slightly different from the last
>implying it won't be merchandised to he'll and back
Collect them all kids!
>>
>>78249006
They literally blow up the New Republic's capital. The New Republic's capital is revealed to be Chandrilla. Therefore they blew up Chandrilla. Saying 'well Chandrilla isn't in the Hosnian system' means nothing since we haven't seen a canon map that shows systems yet and it apparently is in it in the new canon.
>>
>>78249032
SNOKE IS UNICRON THE DESTROYER
>>
>>78249032
>We'll just build a bigger one! ONE WHICH CAN BLOW UP AN ENTIRE SYSTEM!
>EPISODE IX ends with them having to blow up a death star about a the size of the Core World's sector.
>>
>>78249032
They'll have a fleet of Death Stars plus one super Death Star leading them all called the Death Sun.
>>
>>78249071
>I call it, The Sphere of Fear
>>
File: 1410968842980.gif (758KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
1410968842980.gif
758KB, 500x323px
>>78249065
>trench run is 40 minutes long because they actually get lost trying to find the weak point
>>
File: img_6941.png (1MB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img_6941.png
1MB, 900x1200px
>>78249035
I have no idea. They could move Chandrila into the Hosnian System, since they're both in the core. But it's weird that Hosnian Prime is named on this map instead.
>>
File: 1443519629856.jpg (25KB, 400x283px) Image search: [Google]
1443519629856.jpg
25KB, 400x283px
>>78249086
>>
>>78249086
>The entire movie just takes place on the Death Spiral Arm, traveling from sector to sector.
>>
>>78249086
>someone saying "almost there" for 40 minutes
>>
>>78249090
Also, much like other TFA locations like Jakku, Takodana and Starkiller Base, it's highlighted in red.
>>
>>78249011
Yeah, same, though for a long while I believed the rumors that she's a droid so I didn't expect to see her without armor. Still, they just failed all along. Christie has really unique looks like other people already said and Phasma could've been played by some stuntman nobody instead if she has a total of two lines.

It wouldn't be hard to include some offhand mention of who he is when she shows up. They just put no effort into her character whatsoever.

Bounty hunter descended from old stormtroopers hired by the first order to train their forces or something would be a cool route to take and would explain the gaudy armor easily. Or even just SW version of her GoT character. Just... anything. I also kinda feel like she should have a bladed weapon instead of a gun but that's just a personal opinion. I know cool villains who aren't Vader die fast in SW, but this was a complete joke all around.

a-at least m-maybe she'll be gtting m-more Hollywood r-roles now, r-right guys? ;_;
>>
>>78249086
> The imperial forces try to intercept them.
> it take them 40 minutes to reach the rebels forces.

> The superweapon is finally ready to fight.
> But the people of the galaxy are already starting to colonise the superstructure, their is no point in firing any more.
>>
If the fat guy with the beard in the X-Wing isn't canonically the son of Porkins, hero of the Rebellion, I will be very upset.
>>
>>78249138
>Hux declares he will build a wall
>>
Disappointed the Finn/Phasma rivalry was fake. It sounded pretty good.
>>
>>78249151
I want to see more of that cute pilot girl
>>
>>78249135
Really sad they didn't go with cloaking armor
>>
>>78249135
>a-at least m-maybe she'll be gtting m-more Hollywood r-roles now, r-right guys? ;_;
Depends on how well Phasma merchandise sells.
>>
>>78249151
What pilots die? From the spoilers I've seen it makes it sound like only Poe lives?
>>
>>78249071
>Death Sun
It's a Dyson Sphere that's powered by a sun.
>>
>>78249135
>>expecting a character who was written into the script because people complained about the lack of diversity to do anything
Her entire existence is just to be there.
>>
>>78249195
I counted 7 survivors
>>
>>78249200
>They combine together into one Super Death Sun
>>
>>78249023
I actually felt the pacing was a bit too fast and it hindered the world building a lot.

Another thing I miss is not having the little things that made the Star Wars. For example, all 6 previous movies have scenes where the a character or characters arrive to a location and the camera zooms out to show you the place they're in.
It happens when Luke arrives to Dagobah, Palpatine in the Death Star hangar, Anakin arriving at the Opera house, Anakin marching to the Jedi Temple or Luke with Obi Wan and the droids looking into Mos Eisley.
>>
>>78249202
Actually, she was a dude in the script. Finn is there to fit the diversity quota.
>>
>>78249210
Was that part of their plan?
>>
>>78249086
>Poe finally gets to it.
>Poe: "Almost there... Almost there..."
>misses the shot
>Finn: "Did you get it?!"
>Poe: "Negative. It didn't go in."
>Finn: "FUUUCK!!!
>Poe: "Calm down we can try again."
>Finn: "HOW THE FUCK DID YOU MISS? ARE YOU A FUCKING RETARD? SERIOUSLY"
>huge argument ensues
>40 more minutes of them finding the weak point
>they finally destroy it
>at the final celebration everyone looks pissed off and as soon as they receive their medals they angrily stomp out of the room
>>
>>78249247
Finn was fun at least
>>
>>78249251
Oh you

>>78249256
>Turns out there are 2 weakspots
>Episodes VIII and IX are about destroying them respectively.
>>
>>78249202
Well, I'd expect one of the few new characters played by cmpetent actors to at the very least have one or two memorable quotes but I guess Jar Jar Abrams can't comprehend that

>>78249279
Finn was much better than I've expected, a bit inconsistent but he's not a bad character. It helps he's probably the only character who's not quite a copy of an OT one. Hux was fine, too.
>>
File: oh my my.jpg (52KB, 597x505px) Image search: [Google]
oh my my.jpg
52KB, 597x505px
>>78249283
toppest kek
>>
Would TFA be better if Gwen Christie played Rey?
>>
>>78249314
Hux was my absolute favorite mostly for his incredible angry speech when they fire the deathplanet
>>
>>78249283
>Then it turns out that inside the two weak points there is another death star
>so next movie is Finn and Rey teaming up to destroy it from the inside
>>
File: Plagueis_concepts.jpg (278KB, 672x469px) Image search: [Google]
Plagueis_concepts.jpg
278KB, 672x469px
i still believe in

PLAGUEIS
L
A
G
U
E
I
S
>>
>>78249336
>It's a Russian Doll of Death Stars.
>In the center there's Plagueis
>>
>>78249334
I felt the Nazi imagery was a bit overdone. There have been other bad guys in history to draw from.
>>
>>78249256
> "Thanks for wasting everyone's time, heroes of the rebellion!"
> "My pleasure, I sure hope we will be able to notice earlier if someone is building a third of the galaxy next time..."
>>
>>78249371
Well when you call your mooks "Stormtroopers" I think you've passed "overdoing it"
>>
So this booklet they gave me when I saw the movie mentions Plagueis an awful lot...
>>
>>78249336
>inside the two weak points there is another death star
Death Stars are just Matryoshka dolls and there are smaller ones inside them, and in the last Death Star, there is a clone of Tarkin piloting it.
>>
File: supreme leader snoke.png (163KB, 245x360px) Image search: [Google]
supreme leader snoke.png
163KB, 245x360px
>>78249332
she should've playd Snoke
>>
>>78249358
> "What is the plan about already?"
> "Shut up, BUILD MORE DEATH STARS!"
>>
>>78249371
Well, it was hardly any more overt than in the OT
>>
>>78249395
Tarkin's consciousness is hooked up to it, firing the super weapon like IG-88.
>>
>>78249395
>as they kill him and think the end is over the camera pans out
>the entire galaxy was inside a death star all along
>>
>>78249420
>The New Republic build their own Death Star (they call it a Life Star because reasons)
>Final showdown is two battlestations charging up their super lasers to destroy the other
>>
>>78249452
>There's a beam clash
>>
>>78249430
Inside Tarkin there's another Death Star
>>
>>78249430
I was actually thinking there is a tiny Tarkin in there, but that's good too.

>The best way to stop it is to offhand mention Eriadu and the consciousness will be to distracted to fight them.
>>
>>78249340
Snoke looked pretty beat up. Almost like someone had left him for dead once or something.

POTTERY

>>78249371
I feel like they got the passionate and inspiring side of Hitler with Hux though, which isn't often something you see. It's normally just "Nazis were obviously evil and so was everyone who followed them" which is pretty far from the truth and a victor's point of view. Primarily they were very good propagandists and good at stirring the population to action. After that speech you can kinda understand why people might follow the First Order.
>>
>>78249460
>Star Wars comes to it's logical conclusion and becomes a series about planets shooting at other planets.
>>
File: 1422999518147.gif (158KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1422999518147.gif
158KB, 200x200px
>>78249435
Where does it end? Are midochlorians just tiny Death Stars in our bloodstream?
>>
>>78249502
>The Death Star is the key to everything
>>
>>78249481
I was hoping First Order will be more Soviets than Nazis, honestly. More focus on propaganda and inspiring speeches and political manipulation, showing the generals as heroes of the people breaching down an inefficent system set up by the republic, and so on.
>>
File: mf.gif (92KB, 550x437px) Image search: [Google]
mf.gif
92KB, 550x437px
>Han and Chewie didn't pilot their mech half of the Millenium Falcon even once

Shit movie
>>
>>78249573
>that movie where Vader morphed into a star destroyer
>>
What a horrible, horrible movie that was.
>>
File: photo.jpg (11KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
11KB, 400x266px
>>78249573
>Chewie doesn't shoot giant red discs at the goons
>>
>>78249667
I disagree. Loved it.
>>
File: itsucks.jpg (26KB, 700x383px) Image search: [Google]
itsucks.jpg
26KB, 700x383px
>>78249573
>>78249637
FIRST PIC OF EPISODE VIII SUPERWEAPON
>>
File: 1391557470508.jpg (104KB, 553x484px) Image search: [Google]
1391557470508.jpg
104KB, 553x484px
>>78249502
what if the Force is just Star Wars CHIM?
>>
>>78249697
Not big enough, needs to be able to suck up all the energy from several suns at once.
>>
>>78249681
>liking the movie where they take a giant shit on everything the Rebellion fought for in the OT
>>
>>78249697
I wonder how long we'll have to wait until over media starts doing episode 7 send ups
>>
>>78249697
episode IX one is better
>>
Is the New Jedi Order series worth a look, now that it's no longer canon?
>>
>>78249761
Nope.
>>
File: 1415656100459.jpg (15KB, 264x379px) Image search: [Google]
1415656100459.jpg
15KB, 264x379px
>>78249769
Was it ever worth a look?
>>
>>78249729
Does episode 7 even have any iconic, memorable and easily recognizable moments?
>>
>>78249779
Nope.
>>
>>78249798
The bit where some guy gets stabbed?
>>
>>78249798
Well, there's uhhh when they destroy that planet that's totally not like when they destroyed Alderaan, and uhhh when Han Solo dies which is totally not like when Obi-Wan dies and uhhh when they blow up Starkiller Base which is totally not like when they blew up the Death Star
>>
>>78249798
I feel like Ren trashing his computer could be translated well to something funny.

Otherwise just A New Hope jokes, but with Finn and Rey instead of Luke and whoever.
>>
File: ya boi.webm (2MB, 1920x804px) Image search: [Google]
ya boi.webm
2MB, 1920x804px
>>78249798
>>
>>78249798
Phasma dying, memorale for being a huge waste
>>
>>78249855
I laughed at this, why the fuck did I laugh at this
>>
>>78249888
You're racist.
>>
>>78249734
It certainly is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAi3vRudDOI
>>
>>78249880
>Boba Fett is a man
>Gets killed by a giant vagina
>Phasma is the new Boba Fett and a woman
>Gets killed by being thrown in a trash compactor
>Trash compactors are home to tentacle monsters
>Phasma got killed by a penis
>>
So what was that "awakening" Snoke was talking about?
>>
>>78249918
nigger

>>78249932
poetry
>>
>>78249954
Rey getting the Force
>>
>>78249932
it's almost like rhyming verse sorta
>>
>>78249954
R2D2
>>
www.glibfacsimile.com
>>
File: scientific.gif (977KB, 474x360px) Image search: [Google]
scientific.gif
977KB, 474x360px
>>78249854
Honestly my first thought when watching that scene was this.
>>
Jesus Christ the trash compactor thing is real

Fuck you Jar Jar, even if Phasma survives she'll be a gucking joke
>>
>people bleed when shot now
>regular lightsabers have a new, 2kewl4skewl sound when turned on
Gay.
>>
>>78250257
I was assuming they went with A New Hope when cutting the guy in the cantina with a lightsaber made him bleed
>>
>>78249880
Damn it, out of all the things I wanted to see, it was Phasma being interesting. She isn't like Fett, at least he stuck around for a while before losing in an embarrassing way.
>>
>>78250351
She has less lines and doesn't even shoot anyone so they're about equal in the end. I'd say she's actually in worse situation than Fett as she was played by a pretty great actress who was ultimately wasted. It's not even about unmasking, it just felt as if anyone could play Phasma to the same effect. They didn't even really use the fact that Christie is a head or so taller than the rest of the cast as much of an adventage while shooting.

I've hoped for a second Grievous, not a second Fett, not that it's much either. One or two memorable scenes where she gracefully smashes someone would be enough.
>>
File: oh gosh.jpg (6KB, 233x103px) Image search: [Google]
oh gosh.jpg
6KB, 233x103px
>mfw all of bb-8's scenes
>>
File: a_rival.jpg (181KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
a_rival.jpg
181KB, 1920x1080px
>>78250421
>people think a villain was totally wasted by having little screen-time and being killed off in the first movie they were in
She will survive the trash compactor and come back as a cyborg thirsty for revenge, ultimately becoming a much more interesting character into the bargain. The potter's wheel compels it.
>>
>>78249798
>Does episode 7 even have any iconic, memorable and easily recognizable moments?

Stopping the blaster bolt in midair and finally letting it fly three minutes later was memorable at least.
>>
>>78250515
>Thinking she'll be back
She's witnessed and is now in Valhalla
>>
>>78250515
I sincerly hope she'll be like Trench, both VIII and IX should bring her back after an explosion with more bionics.

Actually make her Trench's adopted granddaughter for all I care.

>>78250553
Yeah, Christie said she doesn't know anything about Phasma coming back so for the time being it's safe to assume she's dead.
>>
Let's face it, any criticism about Rey being Mary Sue must be made in light of Luke in the OT.

At least Rey had the excuse of being well-versed in tech back in Jakku, What is Luke's excuse for being a top-notch pilot right out of the batch?
>>
>>78250602
>What is Luke's excuse for being a top-notch pilot right out of the batch?
Genes, which I'm hoping is Rey's excuse as well.
>>
>>78250602
Training in those skyhopper things I guess? Both are equally barebones characters in their respective movies.
>>
>>78250602
Disney shilling
In the movie,Obi Wan and their friends said he was a good pilot
>>
>>78250602
He had a speeder

It's a piss poor excuse but it's an excuse.
>>
>>78250257
I'm pretty sure wookie bowcaster have physical munitions coated with laser. Somehow.
Like a praline of death.
>>
>>78250624
>>78250630
>>78250632
>>78250636
Which is exactly my point: If we fans are fine with Luke being a sort of child prodigy right from Ep 4, then there's no reason to criticize Rey for being a so-called " typicalHollywood strong female type".
I mean, I know many on 4chan are annoyed at liberals and all, but let's just be fair to both characters here.
>>
>>78250691
Personally I'm more upset about the actress being pretty bad while a great one has a glorified cameo with two lines. The character isn't complex but it's Star Wars, not many of them are.
>>
Everything about Phasma is utterly infuriating.
>Gwen not being utilised to any kind of potential as an actress
>Not even using her intimidating stature
>Not even having her fight anyone
>She literally just stands there in most of her screen time
>The way all the shots were framed and the fact that HELMET DOES NOT COME OFF mean it could have been fucking anybody under the armour and Gwen could have provided the voice
>Having said awesome armour made then hardly ever showing it
>Building the character up in merch and publicity despite all of this
It's like they were following a guide written specifically on how to disappoint people. Over all I liked the movie but this was bullshit.
>>
>>78250744
Jar Jar wanted Benedict Cumberbatch in this role instead of Gwen, it's all his fault. It's a good conspiracy theory.
>>
On one hand, definitely a remake of ANH.
On another, so many new things for a SW film
>dat Kylo Ren
>dat saber fight in the end
>dat equal time slots between Finn and Rey
Not bad. A good new kickstart for SW. There's more to come.
>>
>>78250744
I actually didn't like her armor. It felt really cheezy and out of place. She was just a shiny Stormtrooper.
>>
>phasma in galaxy of heroes is more interesting than phasma in the actual movie
oh my stars
>>
The first order, are they remnants of the empire that hid away in the ending of lost stars?
>>
>>78250800
>There's more to come
That's what I'm afraid of.

Another Star Wars film every year. I'd rather have a big budget series on Netflix or something written and directed by Dave

Why did George walk away from Andi during the interview?
>>
File: 1311603778372.jpg (91KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
1311603778372.jpg
91KB, 323x323px
>>78246282
>>78250824
>still playing that cashgrab mobile trash
>>
>>78250691
Not to mention all the amazing shit Anakin could do in TPM. Genetics plays a huge part in what makes skywalkers so strong.
>>
>>78250744
Her character screams only showing up to set up a bigger role in a latter movie.
>>
File: 1439523533055.png (17KB, 878x70px) Image search: [Google]
1439523533055.png
17KB, 878x70px
The reaction to Phasma seems like a classic contrast between the optimists and the pessimists to me
>the optimists: pic related
>the pessimists: this thread.
Also: >>78250800 vs. >>78250837
>>
>>78250807
I thought it might be because she was one of the Knights of Ren too looking like a classical knight, and that as a group they might not all necessarily be force sensitive. Bringing different skills to the table and all that.

Sadly, the reality was far less interesting.

>>78250874
>expecting optimism on 4chan
Come now, Anon.
>>
File: 1430267154766.jpg (88KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
1430267154766.jpg
88KB, 960x638px
Suddenly, pic related makes so much sense now.
>>
>>78250874
>reddit
Well, I can't say I'm surprised.
>>
>>78250874
this denial
>>
>>78248487
I hope Corsair is the new Boba
>>
I'm honestly pretty damn surprised at how much I loved it. I was really engaged with the characters, who were my biggest worry. My biggest problem was that Rey and Finn, while good, were probably the worst of the newcomers. I liked Poe, Hux, and Ren a lot more.

>>78250869
It felt like she wasn't meant to be in the trilogy yet but they put her in to sell toys.
>>
Why would Han and Leia name their kid Ben?
>>
>>78250902
>Come now, Anon.
Not surprised at all. Just an observation. Anyone who lurks here long enough knows 4chan's tendency to expect the worst and then some; vice versa for Reddit.
That's why I browse both.
>>
>>78249561
>More focus on propaganda and inspiring speeches and political manipulation

None of these concepts are exclusive to Soviets. In fact they were used just as often in the Nazi era German since they are both two sides of the same coin.
>>
>>78251002
Ben was a good friend of Leia's father. Or maybe it was Luke's idea.
>>
So is Kylo the only Ren with a lightsaber? How are those normal melee weapons the other guys carry threatening?
>>
>>78250869
I'd believe so if they didn't go out of their way to make her assumed death so embrasassing. This beats even being eaten alive by a huge caterpillar, Fett at least tried to shoot.
>>
>>78251002
>asked Luke to be godfather
>asked him to name the kid
>Ben
>yeah sure why not. good name, good guy where that came from.
>>
>>78251107
We'll never know because we only see them standing around for 5 seconds during a force vision flashback.
>>
>>78246855
Why wouldn't han and leia talk about it?
>>
>>78251096
>>78251129
"If I ever had a son I would name him Ben"
Yeah, makes sense, I suppose.
>>
So who is your favourite new character so far? http://strawpoll.me/6293871
>>
>>78251002
He was born on St Benedict day. So 3 or 17 April, or 11 July
>>
I like how they made Kylo a pissy child and yet somehow made it work.
>>
>>78251210
Every character archetype can work if you execute it right. Driver is a great actor and the dialogue in this movie was top notch. The only thing I didn't like about his character arc is that we still don't know why exactly he turned to the dark side, but I'm sure we'll learn more about his past in Episode VIII.
>>
>>78251152
>We'll never know
>implying that story won't be told in the next film
Luke's obviously going to tell Rey the story of his failed academy project and Kylo's fall to the dark side.
>>
File: kylo.jpg (195KB, 780x770px) Image search: [Google]
kylo.jpg
195KB, 780x770px
>>
File: 1409168002716.jpg (8KB, 192x171px) Image search: [Google]
1409168002716.jpg
8KB, 192x171px
>>78251341
>>
>>78249497
No, its logical conclusion is stars shooting at other stars.
>>
>>78251341
10/10 and I liked TFA.

>hot gurls with big boobys who are on the dark side
Episode VIII needs more of these.
>>
>>78251400
>The First Order build a gigantic magnifying glass
>>
>>78249667
It was fun but it's the same "let's just kill everything as a cheap way to raise the stakes" bullshit the JJ Trek movies had
>>
>>78250602
>What is Luke's excuse for being a top-notch pilot right out of the batch?
He says he used to "bullseye womprats in a T-16 back in Beggar's Canyon"

Womprats are tiny pests and Beggar's Canyon is a winding maze of a canyon, so he's had practice flying through it and shooting small targets
>>
File: darth_maul_21.jpg (176KB, 768x1000px) Image search: [Google]
darth_maul_21.jpg
176KB, 768x1000px
More stuff about that cancelled Maul game
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/12/16/darth-maul-would-have-looked-stunning-in-unreal-4.aspx?utm_content=buffer7ace0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer&PostPageIndex=1
>>
File: darth_maul_5.jpg (155KB, 869x1000px) Image search: [Google]
darth_maul_5.jpg
155KB, 869x1000px
>>78251461
The fuck is this?
>>
>>78251461
They're friends :^)
>>
>>78251287
The film is already packed enough as it is. We should lean more about him in VIII
>>78251341
I love shit like this.
>>78251421
I really think Ford probably asked to have Han be killed off.
>>78251420
>Is this really the best we could come up with?
>Well there was that Sun Crusher bullshit but who'd be stupid enough to try and make that?
>>
>>78251482
Darth Inexor, says so right there, silly willy.
>>
File: darth_maul_27.jpg (156KB, 1558x1018px) Image search: [Google]
darth_maul_27.jpg
156KB, 1558x1018px
>>78251461
Ehhhhh
>>
>>78250874
Well she kind of dies meaning she literally can't have a bigger role in the future.
>>
>>78251498
I think he's talking about the destruction of not-Alderaan.
>>
>>78251482
edgy (edgier?) samurai grievous who's also a sith ofc

to be honest a lot of these designs looks like Legacy rejects
>>
File: Subterranean Sonic 53.png (267KB, 435x442px) Image search: [Google]
Subterranean Sonic 53.png
267KB, 435x442px
>>78251498
>Sun Crusher
>Look this up
>It's a real thing

Jesus
>>
>>78251509
His helmet looks like he's constantly saying "...the fuck?"
>>78251518
Oh yeah well I can see that.
>>
>>78251461
>the One Sith are such Maul fanboys the create a time machine just to meet him
>you spend the whole game being Darth Maul, trying to be badass and shit, while a bunch of tattooed kids keep fanboying at you
>game ends with a foursome between Maul, Talon, Maladi and Nihl
>>
File: two sith one order.jpg (70KB, 497x444px) Image search: [Google]
two sith one order.jpg
70KB, 497x444px
>>78251461
>talon

waaaaaaaa?
>>
File: darth_maul_14.jpg (222KB, 1558x1010px) Image search: [Google]
darth_maul_14.jpg
222KB, 1558x1010px
>>78251461
>literally that boring sith chick from Legacy
>>
>>78251533
Best ship design too!
>>
>>78251548
I want yagskie to do the ending scene
>>
File: Suncrusher-smash.jpg (397KB, 904x575px) Image search: [Google]
Suncrusher-smash.jpg
397KB, 904x575px
>>78251533
you will learn to love it
>>
>>78251533
It looks like an ice cream cone. Death Star looks kinda like ice cream. When will we see them combine?
>>
File: Star_Wars_new_scene.jpg (53KB, 799x340px) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_new_scene.jpg
53KB, 799x340px
Best Jabba. Pic related. I can never find a torrent for the 1997 version of A New Hope though and thats disappointing.
>>
TFA was worse than the Phantom Attack of the Sith
>>
File: 1450192101390.png (611KB, 512x723px) Image search: [Google]
1450192101390.png
611KB, 512x723px
I wonder who could be behind this
>>
>>78250846
>haven't spent a single cent
>have pretty solid roster from events and chromium pulls alone
only a cashgrab if you're literally retarded familia
>>
>>78251848
Snoke is Plagueis.
>>
>>78251994
I am going to be so disappointed when it turns out Snoke is not a giant.
>>
>>78252014
It's obvious that he's not. They made sure to show he was a hologram for that exact reason.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehEkCYjnLJ8
Why was Carrie Fisher such a goat actress even when high as fuck?
>>
>>78252057
Oh well.

Also anons who have dared to venture to /tv/, how many times has that meme been referenced in relation to Snoke?
>>
>>78252075
None, as far as I've seen. They're much more obsessed with just shitting on the movie in general or calling Rey a mary sue.

Also episode 8 hasn't started filming yet. We should start a petition that they make Snoke a giant for real.
>>
>>78252161
What the fuck /tv/. I expected you to spout stupid memes and try and make every line from this move a meme too. You continue to disappoint me.

Also him being giant would make the ending fight so cool.
>>
>>78252215
Shadow of the Colossus meets Star Wars?
>>
>>78252014
>Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
>>
>>78252254
Or Attack on Titan with jetpacks
>>
What Star Wars character do you relate to the most?

For me it's Han. I grew up in all sorts of places and spent most of my childhood technically homeless so when I read about his childhood in Paradise Snare (I know, not canon but probably not far from how he canonically grew up) I felt some sort of connection. I've also found that I'm kind of hard to connect with people emotionally and my childhood has given me some sort of mindset of how nasty and bad the real world can be.
>>
So is Snoke plagueis?
>>
File: 1447053279392.jpg (60KB, 552x516px) Image search: [Google]
1447053279392.jpg
60KB, 552x516px
>tfw nothing can take away the pure elation of a new star wars movie
I hope y'all are still able to enjoy things for what they are. Shit posting on 4chan will never be as much fun desu senpai.
>>
>>78252313
For me it's Klyo Ren, intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
File: tumblr_m3nrxoc34B1qmqg8ko1_1280.jpg (1MB, 742x1300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3nrxoc34B1qmqg8ko1_1280.jpg
1MB, 742x1300px
>>78252313
For me it's the rancor trainer - fat, whiny and with a strong sense of lack of something important to me
>>
>>78252313
I don't know if I find any character relateable for how I currently am, but when I was younger (and I realise how nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor/nothing personnel kid this is going to sound) it was ep 2 and 3 Anakin. I could 100% relate to his views on the world and his reaction to things.
>>
>>78252313
for me it's the second jawa to the left in ANH - intelligent, greedy and with a wicked sense of god deals
>>
File: 1388963787071.jpg (284KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1388963787071.jpg
284KB, 1280x960px
>>78252161
Actually, that's not a bad idea. It's something that inspires the imagination and it's otherworldly. Imagine Kylo walks into this YUGE, YUGE room, and it's like a cave. You've got all these stalagmites and stalagtites everywhere. There's a pillar of light coming down from the ceiling. You've got this big throne in the middle of the room with big stone steps that have carved characters in them leading up to it, and Snoke is sitting there, this monstrous entity talking to Ren about their plan. It would be like the MCP and Sark. It would make for some iconic imagery, and I think that's part of the lifeblood of Star Wars. Those wide views of Tatooine, the inside of Cloud City where Vader and Luke's duel comes to an end, or the Senate room or any other exotic location- those shots actually take us there. That's really more important than just fast paced action blazing you by and camera angles not focusing long enough in one space for you to be immersed.

I could go for some more Sergio Leone-styled cinematography and scene-building.
>>
>>78252161
>Also episode 8 hasn't started filming yet
Yes it has
>>
The movie was literally made with a cuckoldry agenda in mind.
>>
>>78252747
What do cuckoos have to do with anything? Or is it Kookaburras?
>>
File: gwen12.jpg (45KB, 610x341px) Image search: [Google]
gwen12.jpg
45KB, 610x341px
>>78249332
yes

she's qt and simultaneously her physique would make it easier for most people to believe she's a decent fighter already
>>
File: x7FathC.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
x7FathC.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
>>
File: EeJ6bMa.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
EeJ6bMa.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
>>78252974
>>
>>78252974
>look at all these characters who died off-screen!
>>
>>78253000
http://imgur.com/a/o7sKV

The rest
>>
>>78246147
>>78246171

I think the Imperial remnant and the First Order are different entities or something. The remnant still exists in the core and controls Coruscant, while remaining in a treaty with the New Republic, but the First Order is out in the unknown regions and something else entirely.

Maybe part of the reason for the New Republic's uselessness is the fact that they have to commit most of their forces to the border to make sure the remnant abides by the treaty?
>>
>>78253035
>Bazine
>>
I really liked the alien and robot designs of this movie.

Also, is it me or was the opening scene the most terrifying the bad guys in a SW movie have ever been?
>>
>>78253035
Thanks, that does clear up what the New Order is a little bit.
>>
>>78253035
>no Phasma again

Why do all people leaking this book skip the page about her?
>>
>>78253046

Disregard what I said, I just read >>78253035 and it looks like the remnant is gone and the First order is indeed the only successor of the empire.
>>
>>78250602
Not really.
Luke couldn't use the force as well as Rey could, for one.

Though granted, it's fairly clear that both Rey and Kylo are using it as a blunt instrument rather than using any particular subtly, whereas Luke displayed far more control when he did use it
>>
this bloody alien race had to appear on like every fucking scene. Instead of showing classic aliens they spammed us with the abdenedo and these guys
>>
>>78253311
They hardly reused old aliens between movies in the OT. We'll get the old guys in novels, comics, etc.
>>
>>78253311
Lack of Jawas on Jakku was disappointing
>>
>>78253377
Well to be fair, Jakku isn't Tatooine, it would have been odd to see them there.

Though I think they could have put some more classic aliens in the Castle scene.
>>
>>78253377
Lack of a qt twi'lek resistence pilot was the real disappointment.
>>
File: Kylo-Ren_Square.jpg (695KB, 1040x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Kylo-Ren_Square.jpg
695KB, 1040x1040px
Oh, wow
>>
>>78253412
Watch that edge
>>
Vong confirmed?

>inevitable chaos

so the first order know about them?
>>
>>78253483
>Vong confirmed?
What made you think of that when you heard inevitable chaos in a sentence?

He's talking about leading the Galaxy like the Empire did and that the New Republic was too weak in controlling the Galaxy like his Imperial Heroes had done before they were defeated by the Rebellion and are now ruled by the very rebels themselves.
>>
>>78253642
oh i thought it had relations with the imperials lurking the unknown regions
>>
New thread-----------New thread---->>78253694
Thread posts: 560
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.