[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is happening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 1.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
what is happening
>>
I forgot they were doing this. What's the point? Carey's story is so comprehensive and brilliant.
>>
>>78221848
Anon, you're gay.
>>
>>78221861
And then, anon was gay.
>>
>>78221848
There is literally no reason for the existence of this.

How much do you want to bet that it takes from the upcoming TV show?
>>
I went into it expecting it to be shit, but was pleasantly surprised. Yeah it's a detective story, but at least it's the Vertigo Lucifer not the tv show version
>>
>>78221879
It's a fucking noir detective story in which Lucifer and Gabriel investigate the death of God.

Why does this exist? Who read Lucifer and thought 'this needs a sequel in which Lucifer comes back to earth'?
>>
>>78221916
Half the dialogue is snark, Lucifer is still called Morningstar for some reason and Hell and Heaven are back to status quo. Also Lucifer makes people be evil with proximity now.

It reads like someone didn't even look at the original series.
>>
>>78221852
>>78221971
Cashing-in-on the FOX series. Of course, it's not like it's gonna make it into a second season. I'm also positively sure they gonna do something Preacher-related too, when that starts to air.
>>
>>78222019
>Cashing-in-on the FOX series.
Like we needed more evidence that Vertigo is dead.
>>
>>78222017
He was called Morningstar by a lot of characters in the original series. It's his honorific title, people use it when they want to show him respect or they use it sarcastically.
That being said I have not read the issue, how did they use it.
>>
>>78222019
Ennis owns the rights to Preacher I believe, whereas Lucifer is a DC character/Public Domain.
>>
>>78222017
Lucifer was full of snark! He's got an incredibly dry wit in the series!
>>
>>78222017
>Lucifer is not snarky
are you sure you read the original series?
>>
>>78222068
He gave the title away at the end of the series. Along with a large chunk of his power.
>>
>>78222090
Oh true, I forgot he gave Mazikeen the power. Is this a sequel though?
>>
>>78221848
not canon, didn't happen, doesn't count and I'm gonna lalala your blahblahblah
>>
>>78222090
Just re-read it, he gives Mazikeen the title Lightbringer not Morningstar
>>
>>78222099
Yeah. It's set some time after the original.
>>78222124
Really? Shit, my bad. I guess I should fact-check next time.
>>
>>78222019
>Marvel makes comics related to current/upcoming movies/shows to make more money.
Why doesn't DC do this?! They're stupid! That's why Marvel's beating them!

>DC makes comics related to current/ upcoming movies/shows to make more money.
Why are they copying creatively bankrupt Marvel?! I thought DC was anove this garbage!
Everyone's gotta complain about something. Never change faggots.
>>
>>78222019
>Cashing-in-on the FOX series.

I never understood that fucking show. I mean, it has nothing to do with the storyline from the book, so why even bother with the IP? It's not like the character of fucking SATAN is trademarked.

I guess it's a matter of brand recognition, but since it has so little to do with the actual brand, you're just making the fans feel bitter and alienated. I just don't get it. The entire decisionmaking process behind that show is baffling to me.
>>
File: Boogieman.png (755KB, 876x672px) Image search: [Google]
Boogieman.png
755KB, 876x672px
>>78222168
are you feeling okay, anon?
>>
>>78222168
Nobody mentioned Marvel. You should never be surprised that one person you talk to doesn't hold the same opinion of someone else you talked to. Expecting /co/ to adhere to one single opinion is insane.
>>
>>78222174
It must be that Lux is trademarked and they really, really wanted to have the "Lucifer is a suave piano bar owner" thing
Or they tried to do a real adaptation, fox bought the rights, and then somewhere in the process it was gutted and turned into this garbage
>>
>>78222168
>Why doesn't DC do this?! They're stupid! That's why Marvel's beating them!
at least make it consistant
>>
>>78222075
Still, they'll probably pay him a shit ton of money to return, like they did to Gaiman and Miller for their sequel/prequel books.
>>
>>78223923
Ennis seems like the kind of guy to say "no thanks" but he might do it if they make an omni for his Etrigan, Hitman and Hellblazer
>>
>>78222174
They did the same thing with iZombie (very, very loose adaption) and it worked out well. Just depends on the execution.

But you tie it to the IP to get paid.
>>
>>78224904
Why would Fox do it though? Fox has to pay DC for literally no reason
The judeo Christian devil is by no means a character anyone owns, and the oremise is so far removed from the comic there's no reason to buy the rights.
>>
>>78224978
Well you'd have to look into how Fox chooses their things. I would guess it might just come down to them thinking that DC would help them with promotion. And they might already have a good relationship due to Gotham.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.