[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Characters stuck in limbo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 34

Pic related, Patriot hasn't shown up anywhere for almost 4 years. Gillen wanted to use him in his Young Avengers run, but was told there were plans for him, these suposed plans never materialized.
>>
I still don't believe Gillen ever wanted to use him. He just made up an excuse so he could use his Latina waifu in Patriot's role instead.
>>
File: extraordinary x-men.jpg (304KB, 655x1011px) Image search: [Google]
extraordinary x-men.jpg
304KB, 655x1011px
>>
>>78156811
You, I like you.
>>
Elixir, sort of? He vanished for years, showed up and died, then somehow ended up back in Bendis's run, then vanished again.
>>
>>78156488
Why would he even need to make up an excuse? He could have just said "i didn't care about Patriot". Besides, why would he have done the fake-Patriot plot then?
>>
>>78156842
because people would bitch about him only deciding to get rid of the black member of the team
>>
>>78156369
Quasar. He hasn't shown anywhere since 2011, despite multiple threats to the universe he's suposedly protector of.
He got an even rawer deal than Richard Rider, at least people in-universe remember and mourn him, at least he went down like a hero. Quasar is alive but nobody cares
>>
>>78156841
Did he die in X-Force? I don't remember that. I thought he just left the team.

>>78157016
Quasar is a billion galaxies thataways, taking out the trash. Sure, we're watching the Hulks and the Thors and the freak squad, but Quasar? He found a whole new threat and just kind of deals with it without a whole load of drama.

Annihilation 3 when?
>>
>>78157130
>Annihilation 3 when?
Annihalation was great because corporate didnt give a fuck about anyone in it, Marvel Cosmic isnt the cosy out of the way place it used to be
>>
File: cliffjumper gun.jpg (9KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
cliffjumper gun.jpg
9KB, 256x192px
>>78156369

He hasn't appeared in IDW in a long time.
>>
If there's a third run of Young Avengers, I want him back.
>>
>>78157888
If there's a third run of Young Avengers, I want Wiccan to be normal size again
>>
File: Next generation of mutants.jpg (385KB, 700x643px) Image search: [Google]
Next generation of mutants.jpg
385KB, 700x643px
>>78156369
Countless young mutants who were introduced as being the next generation of X-Men. Even Bendis' creations will suffer this fate.
Adult X-Men suffer this too, like Warpath or Darwin, but younger mutants suffer it more
>>
>>78156369
Wonder Man. Last seen being stuck in Rogue's mind and then erased, and then Remender left Marvel without finishing the story.

Poor Simon. He dies so much nobody cares.
>>
>>78156909
Yes, because if it's one thing comic writers are worried about it's people bitching.
>>
>>78156369
DC just got Cass, Steph, and apparently JPV out of limbo, and who knows how long the last one was gone.
>>
File: Grim Reaper dies again.jpg (150KB, 792x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Grim Reaper dies again.jpg
150KB, 792x1200px
>>78158650
>Poor Simon. He dies so much nobody cares.
Just like his brother
>>
Southpaw from Slotts She Hulk run.

Last seen with Mad Thinkers head on a train.
>>
>>78158623
>Even Bendis' creations will suffer this fate.
You say like it's bad thing.
>>
File: xavin.jpg (61KB, 435x466px) Image search: [Google]
xavin.jpg
61KB, 435x466px
All the Runaways get stuck in limbo, but Xavin didn't even make cameos since they were put on a bus.
>>
>>78156369
>Patriot will never team up with American Eagle and the Spirit of '76
>>
>>78159315
Nico will be in A-Force at least
>>
>>78157289
Yep, Bendis has burrowed his way in.
>>
Ted Kord- First and last New52 appearance was May last year
Jaime Reyes- Popped up in Convergance backgrounds but before that he was in Threshold
>>
>>78156369

Tom Brevoort says that after Children's Crusade that Patriot is retired.
>>
>>78159952
>Tom Brevoort says that after Children's Crusade that Patriot is retired.
Every hero ever has "retired" at some point. What kind of excuse is that?
>>
>>78158782
When it's the PC young hip crowd you're trying to appeal to then you care
>>
>>78159952
He also retired in the middle of YA v1, and he came back what, two issues later?
>>
>>78160007

a bullshit one.
but everytime he gets asked about Patriot (and seeing as hes the supervising editor for Avengers books, thats often) he pulls out that line and sometimes mentions that it seemed like a natural ending for the character.
>>
>>78160023
Still not true, but that's okay, grandpa. You can't get information like that from the Economist.
>>
>>78158782
>>78160023
>>78160063

Gillen cares about stuff like this.
He apologized on tumblr for the fact that all the casts of Wicked+Divine are not anatomically diverse (aka no fat people)
>>
>>78160096
Someone asked him and he told them that the main cast is full of divas and pop idols so that they should expect it from the book.

What would the appropriate response have been? "Fuck you, fatty. I do what I want!"?
>>
>>78160061
>Character wants to become a hero like his grandpa, because he doesn't like how few people apreciate the things his grandpa did or even believe them
>He's so desperate to do so that he took drugs
>Eventually he gains his grandpa's powers and becomes a respected hero and leader
>Eventually goes "fuck that" and retires from everything and just keeps going to High School and does nothing of notice for the rest of his life
It's a pretty unsatisfying ending if you ask me
>>
>>78160157
Massively so. I wonder why he doesn't want to bring Patriot back?
>>
>>78160804
Its almost like Marvel are trying to ignore the whole Bradley family thing
>>
>>78160958
Why? What's wrong with it?
>>
>>78160958
If they're trying to ignore him, I thought it was over the whole 'black kid uses drugs to get super powers' thing
>>
>>78160146
There's been plenty of heavy pop and rock stars in the past though. Mama Cass and Meat Loaf, to go with two obvious examples.
>>
>>78159315
She actually cameoed (rather uselessly) in the Battleworld A-Force.
>>
File: 42286945_m.png (285KB, 600x567px) Image search: [Google]
42286945_m.png
285KB, 600x567px
One's dead, the other one's being given the D by an idiot's self insert.

It hurts.
>>
>>78161130
I don't think the argument was against their existence, as I'm sure an aging Englishman obsessed with pop culture knows who Adele is, it had more to do with their frequency.

He also said he was going to make one of the Morrigans fat but he found it in bad taste for some reason or another.
>>
>>78157297
its tough being a CJ fan
>>
>>78158623
SO much untapped potential. WTF Marvel? Give me ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT.
>>
>>78158650
Sometimes I rather like unfinished stories. Leaves the door open for someone great to come along and tell a badass story. Then again, it also leaves the door open for terrible writers too.
>>
>>78158900
Is Batman & Robin Eternal honestly that bad? I have not heard too much positive about it online.
>>
>>78161596
Eh, not really? It's kind of average/decent with some good moments.
>>
>>78156369
Fairchild, Rainmaker, Burnout, Freefall, Grunge, Zealot, Grifter, Warblade, Maul, Void, Spartan, Majestic, Jack Hawksmoor, Doctor, Jenny Quantum/Jenny Sparks/Jenny __________, Backlash, Lynch, Threshold, Bliss, DV8, Deathblow, and many more.

These characters could seemlessly be integrated in the new DCU. There should be more of a push.
>>
>>78161756
Grifter is likely going to show up in Grayson soon, and Ladytron just showed up there too

A lot of the WildStorm characters need some love
>>
>>78161495
Hopeless writing in a romantic self-insert does at least explain why he killed Mettle.
>>
>>78160958
Literally why? The Bradleys have more of a right to the Captain America name instead of Sam Wilson yet they chose him to be the Black Captain America? This is why I think Marvel's Diversity thing is a slap in the face, they have the PoC characters already, yet they won't use them unless they're tied to the MCU.
>>
>>78161799
Oh nice! I didn't know Ladytron was in Grayson. I knew she was in Teen Titans, but haven't heard good things.

Grayson: Window to the Seedy Underworld Where the Wildstorm Characters Have Been Relegated To- The Series.

I'm there.
>>
>>78161596
It's mediocre.

Pretty bad plot, Harper is worse than she was in the last weekly, and the main villain is just meh. However the flashbacks are consistently okay-to-good, Jason and Tim are more tolerable when together, and Dick and Cass are okay.
There are some good moments that are funny or nice, but there are also some terrible moments where you want a character to just fuck off.
>>
>>78161861
Eh, I'd say Sam deserves the mantle just as much as Bucky did.
>>
>>78161874
>Grayson: Window to the Seedy Underworld Where the Wildstorm Characters Have Been Relegated To- The Series.
Seeley likes Wildstorm stuff, so yeah.

He really likes Zealot so I'm waiting for when she gets to show up, if ever
>>
>>78161861
>The Bradleys have more of a right to the Captain America name instead of Sam Wilson
Um, no they don't. Sam Wilson has been Captain America's partner for years. He's earned the mantle, just like Bucky did.
Bradley went rogue and dressed up like Captain America for like one mission, then retired. He didn't even meet Steve until he was frozen. Just because his powers come from a similar source doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>78161651
>>78161878
Thanks, /co/mrades. I'll catch it, I'm sure, in some storytime when it is all done.
>>
>>78161937
Exciting. I only figured he liked the Wildstorm characters. Glad to know he does. Zealot is a personal favorite of mine too. I always hated how Pandora looked a lot like her.
>>
>>78159847
Both are cockblocked by Morrison, who wants the Pax America versions of Blue Beetle and Question to be the ONLY game in town.

Vic Sage got snuck under the radar in Suicide Squad due to loophole of him being civilian only, INO version of Vic (who most likely will be gone after the current SS arc).

But we got fucked with Grant banning Ted; Ted was supposed to be the one who was trying to kill Luthor. When Geoff was banned from using Ted, he ended up half-assedly making Luthor's sister the one behind the assassination attempt and aborted the plotline via folding it into the Darkseid War storyline
>>
>>78162094
>Ted was supposed to be the one who was trying to kill Luthor
sauce
>>
>>78161874
>I knew she was in Teen Titans, but haven't heard good things.
I think that's meant to be a different "model" of Ladytron called Algorithm, I don't think they're meant to be the same

She was pretty great in Grayson at least

I would like Seeley on a WildCATS/WildStorm thing, he clearly likes it and has some ideas for them
>>
>>78162204
That would be sweet. Wildstorm needs the love.
>>
>>78162238

TT Ladytron had nothing that actually makes her Ladytron

Grayson Ladytron was introduced vomiting after teleportation, and made a joke about having sex with a Kraftwerk amp. She's the real deal.
>>
>>78156909
But would they praise him for getting rid of cis?
>>
>>78162281
Those Grayson HCs can't come out quick enough. What issue did she appear in?
>>
>>78162430
#13 and #14
>>
>>78161861
>The Bradleys have more of a right to the Captain America name instead of Sam Wilson yet they chose him to be the Black Captain America?
You dont inherit something like that, you earn it, and Patriot hasnt done shit
>>
>>78162606
I wouldn't say he hasn't done "shit," but you are absolutely right to say that you earn being Cap. I want to see an under the radar book of Patriot's exploits no one within the Marvel U pays attention to. Shadowy missions he and maybe someone else go on.
>>
Patriot has been replaced by Miss America, basically. Even down to being KB's love interest.
>>
>>78162907
Poor Patriot, times have changed, being a black male recovering drug addict just isnt diverse enough to earn a spot in a diversity title
>>
>>78158782
Have you fucking read Gillen's YA? He definitely cares about SJWs bitching
>>
File: Boostergold.jpg (1MB, 1981x3045px) Image search: [Google]
Boostergold.jpg
1MB, 1981x3045px
One comic a year isn't good enough senpai
>>
>>78162940
I actually think if Eli was written well he could be a great diversity character for Marvel. But ideally you would have him being written by a black creator and who is that? Ta-Nehisi Coates? At least they put him on their highest profile black character, although that's likely to be a stealth mini.
>>
>>78158623
Don't forget adult Angel. He has been gone for quite awhile now.
>>
>>78163013
>have the black writer write the black guy it'll be diverse and shieeeeet muhfugga
this is why priest stopped doing comics
>>
>>78163132
I think if you want to play on the stuff in Eli's background that is really close to a young black male experience in modern America - fear of authority, lack of optimism compared to previous generations, fear of personal safety, widespread drug addiction - then it's going to be difficult to make it authentic coming from a non-black writer. I am of the opinion 100% diverse characters are less important than diverse creators though, so yeah I think DC and Marvel should get some black American writers on their payroll if they want to write comics about black Americans. Likewise with Asian Americans, Mexican Americans, et al.
>>
>>78163213
I feel like you need to look over your post again to realize how moronic it is to have people only write characters the color of their skin and look up that Priest blog post. His position has apparently changed with Captain Falcon and thinks Marvel should hire more black people, but like a decade ago he was bitching about how whenever they thought of a black character to get an ongoing, they would just hand it to him and say 'here' no matter what he was working on or wanted to work on
>>
>>78163364
>I feel like you need to look over your post again to realize how moronic it is to have people only write characters the color of their skin and look up that Priest blog post.
>they would just hand it to him and say 'here' no matter what he was working on or wanted to work on
Except I didn't say either of these things. My point is that if Marvel wanted to bring back Patriot as a diversity character in their current push, really relating to a young black American male experience, it would probably be for the best if he were written by someone who has had that experience.

I'm NOT saying that only black writers can write black characters, only white writers can write white characters, etc. Nor am I saying that they should be forced to do so if they don't want to. I don't think Priest's position has changed either, it's just he got sick of being the token for that kind of behaviour but still has a problem with the fact neither Marvel or DC have a regular black write on their staff. He can hold those two opinions simultaneously.
>>
>>78163364

so don't hire more black writers to write black characters. hire more black writers to write every character.

There are currently TWO solicited black writers between the roughly 90 books DC and Marvel put out a month.

and oh look, all the books they're writing are black characters! (Coates doing BP, and David Walker doing Cyborg, Nighthawk, and Luke Cage)
>>
>>78163096

the best part of adult Angel being MIA for so long, both a "reporter" and a writer referred to him as being dead in a recent interview where he'll return as Arcangel.
>>
File: Troll.jpg (158KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
Troll.jpg
158KB, 355x355px
Troll is in limbo.
But who knows if she would ever shine like in her thunderbolts run?
>>
>>78163544
>>
>>78163583
Oh wow that's fucking sick. Awesome costume idea.
>>
>>78163511
Really? Last time I remember him appearing he was just talking to his younger self about how shit his life was.
X-men just disappear all the time, but there are compelling reasons for Angel to show up.
>>
>>78163462
That sounds pretty tokeny though

You're pushing for more diversity in the creative field, right?
Do you really believe that Hasadeegaebowai Johnson, Yale educated writer and blogger, is going to have a job after he gets done with his Patriot run?
They need to hire more good diverse writers the same way they need to hire better writers in general. It doesn't seem to me like it'll mean shit if you bring in these minority creators to do this minority book so that you can speak to the minority audience and then once it's done, their tenure with the company is done without ever getting a jab at one of the million shitty Avenger books because all you wanted them was for the diversity cred
>>
>>78163891
So don't cut the contract there. I mean, that's entirely on the company right? Marvel clearly, editorially, wants to have a more diverse cast of characters - surely their hiring practices should also be part of that change?
>>
>>78163891
>>78164015
>They need to hire more good diverse writers the same way they need to hire better writers in general.
I'm in total agreement with you on this one though.
>>
>>78159847

After Jaime's nu52 run I'm ok with him staying in limbo for a bit. And I say this as someone who loved the ever-loving shit out of his previous run.

>>78162994
I'd also want some more Booster Gold.
>>
>>78164015
The way I see it, if you want more diverse creators, you should hire a motherfucker who looks like a burnt cookie to not do a black book and then transition into black motherfucker books if he isn't pandering trash and does a good job. The practice should not be let's get minorities because we want minority characters so our buyers will think we're super tolerant and stuff with these creator decisions

Basically do the reverse of the upcoming Black Panther book
>>
>>78164195
>Basically do the reverse of the upcoming Black Panther book
Sure. I kind of doubt Coates is looking to break into comics properly though, in that particular case. He is a proper journo/author/social commentator/whatever the fuck and I can't imagine he wants to sit around writing BP and the Avengers for years instead of doing that. I suspect it'll be a gig like Ellis' Moon Knight.
>>
Good to see that there are Eli fans. When I used to use CBR most of the posters during Gillen's run seemed to hate him
>>
>>78163633

yea, that one issue of All-New X-Men.
and that was his first appearance in at least a year, and his last since then.
>>
>>78164317
I have a soft spot for a lot of the C-list Cap-types, Eli included.
>>
>>78164317

CBR forum users don't actually like comics though.
>>
>>78164288
That's why the thing is so cheap
>>
>>78164389
Neither does /co/
>>
>>78164431
I can get that. I'm still looking forward to it though, even if it's not something impactful in the long-term.
>>
>>78161954
>>78162606
>>78163213

I think the problem with Patriot is when the character was established, Bru was getting Bucky back the real sidekick. For years they don't know how to do with the character aside of writting him like a big ass.

Also don't help the focus of the YA books was Wiccan and Ted, and Eli never had a time to shine in his own.
>>
>>78164488
They're literally just getting the guy to come and shuck and jive for a few months and give them the very tolerant and progressive seal of approval for all new all different everything
>>
>>78164564
Yeah that last post I'm not really sticking with our diversity argument. All I'm saying is, I think independently of all the shit we can talk about outside of the actual comic, the actual comic Coates writes is going to be good.
>>
>>78159274

I liked Eva
>>
>>78164649

you mean the only one of the new group that he actually attempted to develop as a character?
Triage got nothing, Goldballs just said "GOLDBALLS" a lot, kid mimic just kinda existed and blurted out "I'm gay" once, and tech dude was a plot device (at best)
>>
>>78164623
>the actual comic Coates writes is going to be good.
Why do you think that? He has fuck all comic writing experience,his only qualification is being black and that he's done a lot of black thing
>>
>>78164623
Why? I've read a few of his articles. He's not particularly witty or original, it's the same as any other liberal journalist personality with an internet presence. It gives me no hope when his stuff tastes like the rest and all he has is a birth certificate with a funny name
>>
>>78164502
Yeah. I don't know that Eli has to be that closely associated with Cap though - I mean is Cap even his big inspiration as a hero? No, it's more his grandfather and the shit he went through.

I think he's an opportunity to have Cap be Cap, and for Eli to be a different side of that kind of character. At the same time the whole 'different take on a patriot hero' has been done so many times with US Agent and the like. There probably just isn't room for him these days.
>>
>>78164502
Brubaker did use him a few times. If I'm not mistaken he even wrote an Eli one shot
>>
>>78164732
>>78164739
I don't dislike the way he writes, and I think whatever he writes it'll be kind of interesting. I'm not insisting anyone else has good expectations, that's just me.
>>
>>78164796

yea Brubaker wrote the Patriot/Bucky story for Young Avengers Presents
>>
>>78164813
>and I think whatever he writes it'll be kind of interesting
The subject matter isnt what concerns me so much as the basic craft. I hate when random wordy book writers get it in their head to write a comic out of nowhere, they're two completely different mediums
>>
>>78164962
I think it can work out or it can not. They are completely different mediums, but the transition isn't impossible to make. I guess we'll find out in 2016.
>>
File: Young Avengers- 024.jpg (833KB, 1280x1994px) Image search: [Google]
Young Avengers- 024.jpg
833KB, 1280x1994px
Reading that Kate Bishop Young Avengers presents issue is funny in retrospect

Funny enough that's the best Fraction ever wrote Hawkeye IMO
>>
File: 1.jpg (190KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
190KB, 500x707px
>>78164835
He also used him in Captain America #600
>>
>>78165119
What the fuck is wrong with his face.
>>
File: 2.jpg (182KB, 469x750px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
182KB, 469x750px
>>78165365
>>
File: 3.jpg (163KB, 460x750px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
163KB, 460x750px
>>78165382
>>
>>78165119
But no, Kate is completely a lesbian right? She's definitely attracted to Miss America.

Fuck you Gillen.
>>
File: 4.jpg (164KB, 478x750px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
164KB, 478x750px
>>78165404
>>
File: 5.jpg (181KB, 467x750px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
181KB, 467x750px
>>78165429
>>
File: 6.jpg (177KB, 470x750px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
177KB, 470x750px
>>78165442
>>
>>78165462
I quite liked Rikki as a character too. Shame she's stuck in dead rather than stuck in limbo.
>>
File: gladiator2.jpg (55KB, 434x600px) Image search: [Google]
gladiator2.jpg
55KB, 434x600px
Where is Purpleman?
>>
File: ears.jpg (159KB, 516x640px) Image search: [Google]
ears.jpg
159KB, 516x640px
>>
>>78165376

Alan Davis can't draw black people.
>>
>>78165414

they never said that.
they made the implication that she was bi.

god what the fuck is wrong with you, did gillen rape you?
>>
File: Icons - Chamber #1 - 02.jpg (255KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Icons - Chamber #1 - 02.jpg
255KB, 800x1200px
>>78156841
>then somehow ended up back in Bendis's run
apparently Soule didn't want him to actually die but that's retarded since nobody followed up on his story. Probably just him backpedaling after Bendis didn't check who's dead and who's not before adding them into his book.

Also, pic related and all the rest of brand new mutant generations. Same goes for X-Club but I guess they weren't really "in" in the first place.
>>
>>78165683
Yeah, Gillen raped me in 2002.
>>
File: danielle-cage.jpg (268KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
danielle-cage.jpg
268KB, 600x900px
>>78165376
Alan Davis doesn't know how to draw black people

>Pic related
This is a black woman
>>
>>78165699
Chamber has a great design, would love to see more of him.
>>
File: captain monkey.jpg (95KB, 655x507px) Image search: [Google]
captain monkey.jpg
95KB, 655x507px
>>78165376
>>78165652
>>78165729

and heres his attempt at drawing sam wilson as cap.
>>
>>78165586
Emperor of the Shi'ar, I think he showed up towards the end of "Time Runs Out", so not that long ago.
>>
>>78165699
He was in a "What if?" I think, recently, the one where the x-men escape the destruction of the earth in Infinity. Probably three or four months ago.
>>
>>78165780
Talk about one-sided fights
>>
>>78165844
Gonna track that down, thanks.
>>
>>78165875
nah they got this.
First Carol takes out strange, then jessica has hulk make her a sandwitch, finally hawkeye puts an arrow threw black bolt. The rest will be easy pickings.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-13-21-46-40.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-13-21-46-40.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
>>78165888
What if Infinity X-men
>>
>>78165945
Kek
>>
>>78164761
>>78164796

I aslo think when Eli was writing solo, he shines better. And perse the character is interesting: he has a patternal figure to emulate (like Cassie), he is a big fanboy of the superheroes (like Billy & Teddy), he choose by himself to be a superhero (like Kate).

I think Heinberg fails to demostrate to consolidate him. He not hold the team after the departure of Iron Lad, neither leads them.

Kate in the first issues tell him something like "you should be more like him (Captain America)", but at the end of the Vol 1 we don't get a good answer about Eli. He is like a future Cap like Steve Rogers? Or more a Cap in his own terms?
>>
>>78166074
So, does he, like, do anything else or?..
>>
>>78156369
>Gillen wanted to use him in his Young Avengers run, but was told there were plans for him, these suposed plans never materialized.

Thank...fucking...god.

He would've been so gay.

Also pic related.
>>
>>78166176
He was in Spurrier's X-Force. It wasn't really good but of all characters, Cable probably was handled the best.
>>
>>78161495
Not just them all of the AA. Striker, Reptil, and Finesse as well.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-13-21-52-09-1.png (625KB, 1440x425px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-13-21-52-09-1.png
625KB, 1440x425px
>>78166126
No, nobody does anything, the xmen are floating around in space after the earth is destroyed, run into some avengers, fight for a bit, then they become friends and put on the old xmen uniforms. He's in four or five panels total.
>>
File: knackreview-spot1.jpg (449KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
knackreview-spot1.jpg
449KB, 1920x1080px
>>78166176
dat file name
>>
File: X-Men Legacy 013-008.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
X-Men Legacy 013-008.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>78166283
Well, that's more than I was getting in a while so I guess I can't be picky.
>>
>>78156369
What happened to Hulk warbound after WWH?
>>
>>78166950
Last I heard, having a blast in the Savage Land with the other refugees of their home planet.
>>
No one remembers Machine Man?
>>
>>78167134
fleshy ones?
>>
>>78167134
My robot brain needs beer.
>>
>>78156369
Two came to my mind
Jack flag wich joined the GotG and little by little just faded into the background and the forgotten
And finally crusader. He was shot by 3d man ,wishes that things could have ended differently, disappears and....nothing in all these years
>>
I haven't seen anything about Plastic Man since Forever Evil.
And Shade, Enchantress and Mindwarp only appearences were so few in JLD. Now Mindwarp is apparently dead.
>>
>>78161495
I trust in Ewing to bring Mettle home through Contest of Champions.
>>
File: 1440739948322.jpg (12KB, 203x199px) Image search: [Google]
1440739948322.jpg
12KB, 203x199px
>>78156811
Took me a minute, you cheeky bastard.
>>
Spymaster.
Since that Infinity story I haven't seen him, and before that he was dead.
>>
>>78167596
I should probably send him a message via Marvel about that to be certain.
>>
We will never see the Nova family from Battleword again.
>>
Rachel Summers.
>>
>>78156833
>>78167704
I don't get it
>>
>>78167833
She's been around
>>
>>78163544
The reference to her in the latest Young Avengers was weird, since when does she have a cell phone? She just roams around with no supervison? What has she been doing this whole time?
>>
>>78168359
In that book, Terrigen mist is killing mutants, so Magik moved the school to the Limbo dimension so they don't catch a plague.

They're literally stuck in limbo
>>
File: Elegy.jpg (60KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Elegy.jpg
60KB, 400x300px
Surprised no one's brought this up yet
>>
>>78169693
She's pretty prominent in Bombshells.
>>
>>78169693
DC kinda ruined her after Rucka left.
>>
>>78169773
I don't totally count that because it's not the "real" Kate, just an elseworlds version.
>>
>>78169161
Maybe Songbird is her foster "mom", and she trusts her not decimate everything, and its her emergency phone in case she needs to be picked up.
>>
>>78169797
JH Williams run was good
>>
>>78165119
Why does his face remind me so much of YEE?
>>
>>78161954
Pretty sure Bradley didn't retire so much as get court-martialed and imprisoned until the Eisenhower administration.
>>
>>78169963
For the art, yeah.
>>
>>78160061
>>78159952
The annoying part about it is that Gillen actually wanted to use him in his run, but his editors told him no. Like they had plans for him, which they obviously didn't. They're in the perfect position to add him to Captain Falcon's book right now. Give him and Sam a similar dynamic Clint and Kate have.
>>
>>78165722
I saw the whole thing and still I did nothing. I'm so sorry.
>>
>>78161954
There are some people who mistakenly believe that Bradley was "first", that he got his powers and donned the costume before Steve, maybe that's why he thinks that
>>
>>78170153
> They're in the perfect position to add him to Captain Falcon's book right now.
>Redwing
>Nomad
>Misty Knight
>D-Man
>Actual Falcon
>An Avengers team with 3 teenagers

Yeah, that's just what Sam's missing, a sidekick.
>>
>>78166176
Cable is now a member of the Uncanny Avengers
>>
File: Element_Woman.jpg (73KB, 290x548px) Image search: [Google]
Element_Woman.jpg
73KB, 290x548px
>>
>>78170153
>Give him and Sam a similar dynamic Clint and Kate have.
But Sam isnt a fuckup and Patriot isnt super competent
>>
>>78157016
And you know once Bendis starts running out of c-listers for his new GotG OCs to kill he's going to remember Quasar exists and he will write him in his comic just for him to get fucked up by his OCs just to show how powerful they are.
>>
>>78173463
I kind of miss her
>>
File: Geoff misses the jsa too.png (48KB, 534x285px) Image search: [Google]
Geoff misses the jsa too.png
48KB, 534x285px
All of them.
>>
File: Kid Eternity.jpg (170KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
Kid Eternity.jpg
170KB, 500x714px
>>
>>78165554
The way things have been in general the past couple of years she's better off. If they brought her back she'd just have ended up on Avengers Arena or killed for pathos in Serious Team Book. Probably after being horribly beaten.

>>78165586
Trading hand jobs with Darkhawk.
>>
>>78169693
hasn't been in anything for a few months does not mean limbo. Idiot.
>>
>>78169693
Wasn't she just in that bombshells shit?
>>
>>78162094
Why the fuck would Morrison do that? The guy loves Multiverse shit
>>
>>78156488
He is using Patriot. Just wait until it's revealed the Ms. America is him, post-transition.
>>
>>78175370
If you're going by that logic the entire DCU
>>
>>78162094
Sounds unlikely. Morrison is a work-for-hire writer; Johns is Chief Creative Officer (among other things) for DC. It's possible Morrison said he wanted a character and never got around to using them (lots of writers do that, it's why, for example, Jessica Jones exists and ultimately why the Netflix series wasn't a Sony show), but it's not possible that Morrison "banned" anybody from doing anything, let alone the CCO of the publisher that he currently works for.
>>
>>78166246
I think Cable has overall been seriously misused since that Avengers crossover just prior to AvX. He's gradually being reverted back to his Liefeld days, and his recent appearance in Uncanny Avengers is more of the same. After his pretty incredible run through Messiah Complex and all that jazz, I kind of hoped he would stay dead, and act as a unifying force for one of the schools post Schism, instead of Xavier.
>>
>>78166283
Wasn't Chamber revealed to be some sort of descendant to Apocalypse, and had his chest and mouth restored and began to resemble Apocalyose at some point post M-Day? WTF happened to that?
>>
>>78176436
I don't believe it's true mostly because Morrison isn't even doing ongoings and hasn't mentioned wanting to revisit Pax anyway.

But you're underestimating the power that a big name creator has. They would do that if he wanted it.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 306x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 306x640px
>>
>>78173463
She was the only reason I kept reading Flashpoint.
>>
>>78178415
that nigga is dead.
>>
>that theoretical patriot comic where he's angry and bitter but steps up with that cap style all-American optimism when it really counts
It would be so good, anons. I can almost see it. There's such a ton of mentor figures you could use for him too.
>>
>>78161570
It's sad to know that door is always open to Bendis.
>>
>>78161756
You forgot Shade, Elemental Woman, Enchantress (who will in the DCU but isn't in a comic since 2012) and Mindwarp.
>>
>>78163544
I always thought a team book consisting of Songbird babysitting Troll and Jolt with Bad Auntie Moonstone would have made a pretty good book.
>>
>>78178415
Quentin Tarantino?
>>
>>78181713
I want a book where Songbird is hired to be Dazzler's bodyguard on a multidimensional concert tour, and they pick up Troll at the first gig in Asgard.
>>
>>78174417
>Quasar shows up
>he's evil for some reason
>gets killed by Kitty in GotG
>>
>>78156841
>then somehow ended up back in Bendis's run
That whole thing was frustrating. Why is Boom Boom there? Karma's a billionaire, why is she living in squalor in the remains of Utopia? Why is Masque there at all and why is everyone else accepting his being there considering he's one of the shittiest, slimiest people the X-Men have ever encountered.
>>
Ironlad never gets into anything good anymore and he had such an interesting back story and ending.

"I want to be good but to be a hero I have to sacrifice my morality and my soul to a life of evil so everything can be fixed" then the retcons happened and everything sucked.

They could've made it not suck but they did anyway
>>
>>78182475
I mean he was a teenage Kang the Conqueror, that was never not going to be a clusterfuck
>>
>>78178415
>blankposting

what's wrong with you
>>
>>78182543
there's enough Kangs floating around that it doesn't matter as much as you might think
>>
>>78182543
He was the young Cyclops before the original X men were brought here. Seeing the villain you become and desperately trying to be a better person. They could've looked into that a lot more but they didn't and he could've become a Marvel Rip Hunter with his time travel powers Unless I'm forgetting a time travel hero that marvel already has and they could've had another SHIELD/SWORD/ARMOUR for dealing time disturbances.
>>
>>78159315
I'd really like to see him back. I hated the Whedon "XAVIN YOU ARE REALLY A WOMAN" shit; it reads like Whedon was grossed out at the concept of a relatively genderless (though somewhat male identifying) being becoming a woman just because.

Sucks because Xavin was probably the only non-Molly (and maybe non-Klara) character that wasn't a total cunt.
>>
>>78182723
There was the TVA, but it got killed off for Exiles or something, I think.

Maybe we'll get a time-travel Death's Head book.
>>
>>78182338
Hell no
>>
>>78183017
allright pal you lost me on the last part
explain please
>>
>>78176326
kek
>>
>>78156369
In the DCverse limbo is mostly populated by old forgotten heros and villains who never got a proper on page death, like ace the bathound, merryman and a few of the original wreaking crew members although it hasent shown up as a place in the comics in a long time so god knows whos in there now.
>>
>>78161756
Is gypsy ever shown anymore?
>>
What about the young heros in love?
>>
>>78173463
She's better than Metamorpho
>>
>>78178415
Wait, what was I replying to here? I know I was typing a reply to SOMETHING...
>>
Honestly, posting X-men characters in response to this thread is almost cheating. There are literally hundreds of characters from their neck of the universe that have been forgotten. Sometimes, the issue after they were introduced.

This is giving me flashbacks to Claremont's 00s run of X-men... Man, none of those characters are ever coming back.
>>
>>78186929
You have to quote a post if you want to reply to it.
Thread posts: 219
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.