[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's official: relaunches lead to diminishing returns.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

http://www.comicsbeat.com/marvel-sales-chart-analysis-october-2015-the-emptiness-of-relaunches/

An interesting analysis. Of course, the best part is Dan Slott showing up in the comments to criticise it (despite it not actually singling him out at all). Somebody's feeling insecure.
>>
Jesus, I love Slott but what the heck is he thinking?
>>
>>78147860
Pastebin that shit nigga
>>
Two mutants on picture? In MY Marvel?
>>
>>78147860
Are you really that surprised? Slott is the most pathetic person ever. He goes through twitter for everything tagged Spider-Man to see if anyone criticizes ASM then harass them then block them.
>>
>>78147860
The obvious is finally stated. I gotta admit that I enjoy a LONG ongoing run, over a run that relaunches into something new.
>>
File: image.jpg (381KB, 950x996px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
381KB, 950x996px
>>
>>78149469
>from two, almost three years ago
ayyy
>>
File: dt890712dhc0.gif (83KB, 1200x368px) Image search: [Google]
dt890712dhc0.gif
83KB, 1200x368px
>>78149479
That should go into the reusable newspaper.
>>
>>78147860
Why not just number every issue a Number 1? Like have the first issue be #1 than the second issue is #1 then the third one is #1? That way, the issue will always sell and there will be no drop off. Because everyone will just keep buying the #1s thinking it will be worth something some day.
>>
>>78149538
Cause then they don't know what #1s to start with.
>>
>>78149546
Then start with new #1s.

Besides who cares where to start? Just put a Number one on their and you're golden.
>>
File: eggs.jpg (39KB, 633x689px) Image search: [Google]
eggs.jpg
39KB, 633x689px
>>78147860
>Slott not just posting one comment

Gotta say thanks to Slott I now Finally no longer buy Spider Man after over 10 years. he just completely ruined the character this year.
>>
>>78149598
no shit he's not going to stop at one comment. it's what he does, anon. he goes to forums and twitter to find stuff like this and bitch.
>>
>>78147860
Marvel needs to start following Milk and Cheese's example and just make every issue a #1.
>>
>>78149598
It was Slott and not OMD and the fallout that made you stop buying Spider-Man comics?
>>
>>78149570
Is it a one-issue story or a two-issue story or a five-issue story?
>>
>>78149640
Stories can be told through multiple issues. But every issue will be numbered one so that it will sell.
>>
>>78149627
This
>>
>>78149627

1.01 - 1.02 - 1.03 - 1.04 etc etc? Sounds good?
>>
>>78149538
That's a terrible idea for marketing.
>>
>>78149570
>>78149640
>>78149658
How about
1.0, 1.1, 1.2 ......?
Technicallly all number 1 issues.
>>
>>78149950
>>78150050
Damn, i should refresh more often.
Good idea anon, i just "stole" your idea.
By the way, the additional 0 is better than my idea.
Keep it up. :)
>>
>>78147860

Has Slott gone full Byrne yet?

What would it take for it to happen?
>>
>>78150068

No mate. We can go even further with different arcs. 1.1.01. Next event? 1.2.01 and so on and so on.

Also. Dan in the comments is just so funny to read.
>>
>>78149490
Great strip
>>
> believing that Marvel cares about comic sales
>>
>>78150068
refresh?

are you not auto updating the thread?

Also, just to cast my 2ยข into this fracas, I stopped with DC after Nu52 and I stopped with Marvel for a long time after House of M, then I picked it up again at Avengers/Thor Disassembled then gave it up almost entirely after Civil War except for World War Hulk and some various cosmic Marvel as it was more or less untainted.

Now I'm done with both for the foreseeable future except for maybe a what-if or a one-shot here and there.

Sonic The Hedgehog is still pretty good.
>>
>>78150101
>Instead of comics we just buy a number 1 and get updates
>Each month they put out patch notes, changes and followups from the previous version
>They resell #1s with updated material for people who didn't already buy it
>>
>>78149490
>home prices rise

Yeah, uh, that part didn't exactly stay a permanent fixture.
>>
>>78150154
> not giving people all the pages except the last 5
> put those pages on sale as DLC for 5$
>>
>>78150154
>>78150171

Comic DLC... Clip on pages? First issue cost 10 and has the size of a tradeback. You buy the extra pages, without covers, just filled with Ads and you have to put it up yourself. The tradeback will look awful and shit without those pages as well.
>>
File: Superior-spider-man-1-Mary-Jane.jpg (226KB, 653x695px) Image search: [Google]
Superior-spider-man-1-Mary-Jane.jpg
226KB, 653x695px
>>78149638
Not that anon, but it was kinda the same for me, i stopped reading ASM right before Spider-verse
Sure, OMD was a trainwreck and it wasted years of good stories and character development, but since it was a "reboot" the future didn't look too grim. It was a forced way to get old Peter back, with May still alive, the Bugle being again his workplace, Harry was back and all that stuff. I mean, i didn't like it at all, i was a fan of teacher Peter, his relationship with MJ was great etc. BUT at least what we got immediately afterwards still felt like Spiderman

Only now with Slott in his full reign i feel like the book, the character and stories are losing their touch. After years of teasing a comeback MJ is "officially" tired of Spiderman (just yesterday some anon posted a Bendis interview where he said that being tired of superheroes is basically her main character trait), for example. Then there's all the little stuff, the cringey dialogue, all the pointless secondary characters that come and go, the good ideas that are never explored properly (fucking Spock), and Slott's interviews and online persona in general are insufferable enough to inevitably influence negatively my opinion on anything he writes. Like, what the fuck was that bullshit about Otto not dating hot babes because he was too deep for that? One of the first things he does as Peter was planning on taking advantage of MJ's ignorance, for crying out loud!

I dunno, it may be childish of me, call me "Peter-fag", but Slott really sucked all the joy out of the book for me
>>
>>78150154
>stop selling #1's, start selling the previews as 'open beta'
>>
>>78149620
I think he's feeling the pinch, because he's pretty much the only guy to consistently remain on a book over multiple relaunches. After a while Marvel is going to look into other options, which includes throwing him off the book. I'm fairly certain his entire life up to this point has been based upon becoming the writer of Spider-Man, if that gets taken away he's got nothing, except Silver Surfer (nd the sales on that are proof that it's the Spider-Man name that brings in buyers not Dan Slott).

If he's writing Spider-Man, he's somebody. Without that, he's nobody.
>>
File: 1436547226663.png (394KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1436547226663.png
394KB, 1280x1280px
>only got into Marvel properly a year ago
>have four decades of material to pick and choose the best stuff, and can ignore everything else
Life is good.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.