[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's be honest here. This show is great.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: p184506_b_v7_ab.jpg (77KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
p184506_b_v7_ab.jpg
77KB, 480x720px
Let's be honest here. This show is great.
>>
Only the McGuirk moments were great. The rest of the show was very good.
>>
I know it might be weird, but can someone who has watched both compare it to the cartoon "Doctor Katz"?
>>
its really not
>>
easily. huge influence on me
should watch dr katz someday

>>78130480
theyre both by tom snyder productions/soup2nuts, use their techniques (retroscripting/squigglevision) and share VAs
>>
>>78130480
Dr. Katz is relatively plotless; episodes focus more on character relationships and comedy sequences than plotlines, as in Home Movies.
>>
>>78131367

I used to work at the Arsenal in Watertown where Soup2Nuts was headquartered. Actually worked for a company called Liaison International (multiple businesses in the complex) and shared a bathroom on the same floor with Soup2Nuts.

They were all really nice people and very funny. They loved meeting fans. Met one guy who worked on Assy McGee and Williams Street.
>>
>>78131468
Oh no kidding. That's fucking awesome.
>>
>>78131831

Yeah, it was when they were owned by Scholastic so they were making stuff like Word Girl. One of the guys was like "yeah, it's not like working on Assy McGee at all" and joked about how odd it was that he was working on a kid's show after doing stuff for Adult Swim.
>>
>>78131866
Oh shit yeah I forgot Soup2Nuts was owned by Scholastic because they had done that Science Court show for PBS too back in the late 90s
>>
>>78131910

Feelsbad though since they went under last March ;_;
>>
>>78130338
It's the perfect show to listen to while you're doing something else on different tabs. Bothers me that Rick & Morty gets all this dicksucking for the VA's improvising their lines when Home Movies did that years before.
>>
>>78131939
Damn shame. Too bad AS didn't do more projects with them.
>>
Home Movies will live on eternally
>>
Great show. Showed it to my friend who thought she'd hate it because of the animation style.
>>
>>78132822
did she?
>>
it was a good show, with good episodes
>>
>>78131424
>yfw Dr. Katz was the real show about nothing
And it managed to be genuinely entertaining and comfy too.
>>
>pic somewhat related
>>
Ratings cancer
>>
File: 1200.jpg (93KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
93KB, 1200x675px
DVD
V
D
>>
objectively false
>>
>>78130338
Nah.
>>
Yes, I've often thought of it as a sort of animated Seinfeld. They even both use an interstitial noise that a lot of people find irritating.
>>
It's really not
>>
>>78130338
Literally the only redeeming part of Home Movies was jon benjamin's coach guy.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.