[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say a few words about the last comic you have read or are reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: ComicBooks.jpg (574KB, 2048x1023px) Image search: [Google]
ComicBooks.jpg
574KB, 2048x1023px
Say a few words about the last comic you have read or are reading at the moment.

I decided to give Remender's run on Venom a read. It was good. A bit disjointed at times thanks to the cross-overs and tie-ins, but the main plotline was pretty nice, although maybe it was resolved a bit too easily in the end. Not sure if I should continue with Bunn's stuff or find something else to read.
>>
Kingdom Bum is the greatest thing ever of all things, I don't even care about anything else now, I can't wait for more, but I'm also sad that it's only going for 4 issues
thanks OP, I needed that
>>
Deadly Class is fun and 80s and you can tell how close it is to Remender which makes the book sing.

I just finished that Astro Boy omnibus Dark Horse put out and man Greatest Robot In The World is amazing.
>>
>>78130543
I don't know much about Action Lab, but holy crap do they suck at advertising or what? The only thing I could find about this comic is the first issue on Comixology. Not even their fucking official website has anything aside from the cover that pops up for a second every odd minute. I have to say I'm almost impressed.
>>
>>78130543
Who the fuck even says that about just one issue they've read? You're clearly shilling for them.
>>
Reading Claremont's x-men run for the first time and am really loving it. Just finished up Days of Future Past and am into the arc where Arcade teams up with Doctor Doom (just finished the page where arcade lights the match on doom).

I'm really struck by how engaging and unique the x-men used to be. I'm so used to Colossus and Storm being boring that I'm blown away by how well Claremont writes them.

The version I'm reading includes the letters pages and it's fun to see people react to classic storylines and characters
>>
Kingdom Bum is a great concept with quality execution and... weird but acceptable art that adds to the humor at times.

Disappointed that it's a mini and not an ongoing.
>>
>>78130231
I really enjoyed the beginning or Remender's Venom and the final Savage Six arc, but there was a lot of filler in between. Circle of Four was pretty fun though, wouldn't mind rereading that
>>
I'm reading Simonson's FF. There's a lot going on. I'd rather Ben were the Thing.
>>
>>78130231
Bunn's Venom is ok, but got cancelled before it really got the chance to go anywhere
>>
>half of the posts are about Kingdom Bum

Well /co/ sure likes this comic.
>>
File: 1359987028556.gif (1MB, 430x285px) Image search: [Google]
1359987028556.gif
1MB, 430x285px
>Mickey Mouse, Trapped on treasure island
Mick can't catch a fucking break I tell ya!
>>
The last comic that I read was the American Splendor 25th anniversary special.

Harvey Pekar was too precious, too pure for this world. Rip in pieces.
>>
File: SelfieWar.jpg (158KB, 630x862px) Image search: [Google]
SelfieWar.jpg
158KB, 630x862px
>>78130231
Probably the worst series or interpretation of a character I have ever read. The words to even describe this series will get you banned, but it's literally [A Certain Website For Easily Offended Females]: The Comic.

Babs has been mentally regressed to a 14 year old [Person Who Fights For Justices of the Social Kind]. The book tries to be hip and trendy by referenceing dank memes and Twitter. Batgirl is constantly said to be a strong woman, but gets her ass handed to her every issue. And she's a total cunt to the people who try to be nice to her.

Plus, that's not to even mention the web comic-tier art. Fuck this series.
>>
>>78131229
Heh dick pic
>>
File: Batsale02.jpg (233KB, 630x323px) Image search: [Google]
Batsale02.jpg
233KB, 630x323px
>>78131229
This. The writers of Batgirl, Grayson, and Gotham Academy can wipe my ass with the pages of their shitty webcomic-tier books. These three are DC's showcase of everything wrong with modern comics.
>>
Well, I was a little put off but the art, but it was a pretty good read. I recommend it if you liked the show or JLD.

It's no Hellblazer, but it's greatest strength is that it doesn't try to be. It tells it's own interpretation of Constantine.
>>
>>78131229
>>78131270
This. I'm sick of these T.umblr books and the people on this board who defend them so hard.

>>78131341
Speaking of which.
>>
>>78131229
>>78131270
>>78131364
And this thread was going so well
>>
>>78131341

I like this assessment more than the folks who tried to claim it was totally just like the Vertigo series.
>>
>>78131270
>Grayson
>bad
Easily the best book DC is putting out right now. Clearly you haven't read it
>>
>>78131398
When was the last time that /co/ had a thread involving DC and/or Marvel comics which ended well?

The Big Two are just too [toxic] and [problematic] for /co/.
>>
>>78131583
People say this? Part of why I like it so much is because of how different it is. It knows it will never be Hellblazer and it doesn't try to fool the reader into thinking it is.
>>
>>78130889
>muh only judge a comic after at least 3 issues meme
it's not your super decompressed licensed fanfic capeshit, buddy
>>
Just pulled the Miller/Romita Dardevil: TMWF off my shelf to read it a few hours ago. I mean... it's interesting still, after all these years. It's pretty much completely over-narrated, though. Like there's a square narration box in basically 97% of all panels and it just seems like overkill due to the fact that the panels do a pretty good job of expressing their intent.
>>
>>78131270
Gotham I can see, though I still enjoy it, but how the fuck is Grayson a Dumblr book?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.