[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Announcing DC Entertainment’s LEGENDS OF TOMORROW Anthology Series!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/12/11/announcing-dc-entertainment%E2%80%99s-legends-of-tomorrow-anthology-series
>It’s four powerhouse tales in one colossal comic, as some of comics’ most legendary talents launch new tales of Firestorm, Metamorpho, Metal Men and Sugar and Spike—that’s right, Sugar and Spike!

>This new anthology series will reunite several characters from DC Comics’ rich history with the writers that made them fan favorites: Gerry Conway returns to Firestorm, Len Wein will handle the writing chores on Metal Men, Aaron Lopresti will pen Metamorpho, while the always interesting Keith Giffen puts his own unique spin on one of DC’s more offbeat titles, Sugar & Spike.

It would appear that to capitalize on the upcoming "Legends of Tomorrow" TV series (and possibly to cut costs printing one giant book versus four small books), DC will be publishing Gerry Conway's "Firestorm", Len Wein's "Metal Men", Aaron Lopresti's "Metamorpho", and Keith Giffen's "Sugar & Spice" in one giant 80-page anthology come March.

What think, /co/?
>>
I don't understand. Why not just release as regular ongoings? Well, yes I guess toy're technically getting more for your 8 dollars with the page count than getting 8 dollars worth of other comics but.... why?
>>
>>78107981
i guess it's because no one would buy all these titles separately. now the readers are forced to buy the whole book if they want to read a story. the price is still too huge and will keep the readers away
>>
>>78107981
I think this is the only way we're going to get a Sugar and Spike mini so I'm fine with it
>>
>>78107981
They were minis to begin with.
I assume it's cheaper in the long run to release the book as an 80-page anthology than as four 20-page books.
>>
>not using the Future's End Firestorm redesign
Ugh
>>
>>78107981
/co/ is always begging for anthologies, though
>>
I will enjoy reading this.
>>
File: image.jpg (149KB, 631x637px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 631x637px
>tfw the Metal Men are my favorite DC Superheroes and they're FINALLY getting some well deserved love
>>
>>78110058
yeah it's a shame, that design was great
>>
File: Sugar and Spike promo.jpg (944KB, 659x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Sugar and Spike promo.jpg
944KB, 659x1000px
>>78108507
same

I thought they'd just cancel Sugar and Spike outright so I'm glad they just stuffed it into an anthology instead
>>
File: 1444620119730.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1444620119730.gif
2MB, 400x300px
Didn't I hear a few months ago that these were all going to be separate series?

If they changed it, that's bullshit.
>>
>>78111184
They were going to be seperate minis, not ongoings.
Its the same stories and length just bundled together because DC realised they'd sell like shit individually.

For example the Katana mini is now also bundled with a Deadshot mini as well
>>
>>78105987
>no Ostrander

5/10 would pirate tho
>>
File: Keith_Giffen_01.jpg (35KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Keith_Giffen_01.jpg
35KB, 400x600px
>>78105987
>Keith Giffen
Jesus, I can't believe he's still alive. He looks one step away from Christopher Lee, not to mention he actually did die once already.
>>
Neat
Hopefully it'll do well enough for them to do more anthologies.

Have they had any since Weird Worlds?
>>
>>78110108
Anthologies of shit we know and like already. I just want a Metal Men comic.
>>
>>78111904
Technically Sword of Sorcery?
>>
>>78111311
He did?

What happened?
>>
>>78112411
http://www.newsarama.com/22168-keith-giffen-s-back-from-the-dead-literally-having-fun-on-justice-league-3000.html

>Giffen: Yes, he's an extraordinarily nice guy. And his art is just …. considering his career was considered to be over by most people. "Oh, he hurt his hand!" and all that. Talk about roaring back! It's funny, half of the fans out there claim that they know comics, but I think most of them don't know that Howard had that hand injury. I know for a fact, most of the fans don't know I died three years ago.

>Nrama: Wait, what? You didn't tell fans that your heart stopped, Keith!

>Giffen: Why should I?

>Nrama: It would explain some of the creative shuffling that was done a couple years ago. Is this on the record now?

>Giffen: Yep, you can put that on the record. "Keith Giffen: Back from the dead!" My concern back then – and DC was good about this; nobody leaked it. Dan DiDio knew; DC knew. Nobody said a word. I didn't want to be — and you know the fans will do this — if this leaked out or I announced it, there would be about five minutes of heat and then people would forget it, but I was concerned that my work would be judged on Keith before, and Keith after. I've got a nice body of work now, so I think people can see, yeah, he's still doing s**t. [Laughs.] I didn't want to give anybody a reason to say, hmmm, he's not the same guy. I mean, in a way, I'm not. But I think it's in a good way.
>>
>>78111311
Frank Miller is still alive as well, so we are living in an age of miracles.
>>
How long is this suppose to last?

I think they said when they originally announced the minis, any one remember? 4 issues?
>>
>>78112613
I assumed they were six issues each

Ivy, Swamp Thing and the Katana/Deadshot ones are all six aren't they?
>>
>>78112748
Yeah, all six issues.

Huh.
>>
>>78105987
Nice
>>
Jesus fuck what's with the terrible art and shitty coloring mate. Look at your goddamn Batgirl. Prez. Batman's colorist. Manapul. Chiang.

If you had eight bucks and had to choose between a book with Deforge/Rios/Graham/Stokoe/whoever and a bunch of Brazzilian discount Neal Adamses colored by an algorithm, what would you chose? Really.

(I'm all for the format though, I hope it fucking survives and thrives and gets spin offs and sister titles and everything.)
>>
>>78105987
Sounds pretty good, the "DC Universe Presents" line that launched with New52 was THE sleeper gem everyone overlooked.
>>
>>78105987
>legends of tomorrow
>only one of the cast members from the show
Come on, i know they cannot use captain cold, but is not like they are doing anything with atom and the hawks.
>>
This and the BvS variant news today, are full solicits on Monday? I always loose track of this shit
>>
>>78115663
Isn't Hawkgirl still in Earth 2: Society (yeah, same difference, but still)

Also these were already announced, but I guess Swamp Thing and Poison Ivy must not have had too hot of pre orders and this is them trying to get rid of the rest of the inventory of poorly thought out minis.

DCYou failed, the Convergence spin offs failed, these "meat and potatos" minis are probably going to fail.

What's it going to take for people to buy DC.
>>
>>78115663
I don't think it's that they couldn't use Cold (he's barely been in Darkseid War anyway if you need it to be concurrent), but rather that no mini was planned for him and they didn't want to get someone last minute to write a story for him. Same for the Hawks and Atom really. Of course maybe they should have been planned to get minis from the start.
>>
>>78115762
Yeah should be

I wanna see the #50 solicits
>>
>>78115762
>BvS variants
Link
>>
>>78115833
Fire the whole marketing department, then with he proper apparatus in place launch some minority series to get some buzz. It's amazing to me how incompetent DC's sales department is, they already have such a trendy and higher quality line, but they just can't get the word out, if they could get support behind guys like Midnighter and Batwoman, or a good grounded Baz run, it could be like the 90s all over again, with Marvel overdoing the gimmick and embarrassing themselves, and DC pumping out some all time classic runs.
>>
>>78116146
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dc-announces-batman-v-superman-variant-cover-theme

No pics of them yet, they're polybagged like the Harley ones
>>
>>78116258
>ill have to support Finch to get WW
Damn it
>>
>>78116248
Never gonna happen now that Disney owns Marvel, who also owns just about every major network on television. They'll continue their stealth smear campaign against DC forever and the stupid Marvel fanbase will eat it all up.
>>
>>78116589
>who also owns just about every major network on television
Only ABC
>>
>>78116589
WB owns more networks then Disney.
WB/DC suck at marketing. They need some ad space on popular sites like Facebook or Tumblr. They are relying more on their legacy to push but they can work a bit harder to get new shit out there
>>
>>78116679
ESPN

Why the fuck do you think they've been whoring out Sportscenter with Star Wars crap?
>>
>>78116782
Nigga its Star Wars. Everyone is a slut for that shit.
>>
>>78116815
Nigger, Disney owns ESPN. They're making them do it. ESPN has no choice.
>>
>>78112445
Based Giffen!

One of my favorite creators
>>
>>78116258
jeez I hope this time the book arrives more neatly compared to this month's Harley Polybags. The quality of the book really dips when it arrives looking shitty like with a creased spine.
>>
>>78116248
>a good grounded Baz run
You really think this is the time for a Muslim character with a pistol and ski mask?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.