[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lego Marvel's Avengers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 7

New trailer is up, this time showcasing the huge open world, as well as the massive roster of characters, most not from the movies
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDOUqyaMTM0
>>
Did they just copy paste the Manhattan from the last game into this one and put new missions? Damn son that's lazy.
>>
I always appreciate their goofy humor.
>>
>>78056405
If they already did a good job with Manhattan in the first game, why start over?
Besides, they dedicated a lot of effort in making all the other open world maps: Asgard, South Africa, Sokovia, Malibu, Washington. I believe Knowhere is one too although it wasn't in the trailer
>>
>>78056405
Speaking as a game developer, if I had a perfectly good model of Manhattan, why the hell WOULDN'T I reuse it in the next game? That's not laziness, that's pure fucking common sense. You can see they made other environments in addition to that, so I don't see any laziness there at all.
>>
>>78056252
>most not from the movies
>but everything else is exactly just from the movies
comic characters are useless when you don't have locations, stories and enemies from comics
>>
>>78056636
Are you saying NYC and Asgard aren't comic location? Are you saying there are no side-stories like in all Lego games? Are you saying there aren't any comics enemies even though the trailer has freakin' Detroit Steel, one of the biggest literally whos ever?
>>
last I checked there where like 10 Iron mans clogging up the roster
>>
>>78056929
You checked wrong.
They don't clog up anything. There's over 250 characters, but the different variations of each character only count as 1, just like in the last game.
There's actually 20 Iron Man armors, the most recent one being Superior Iron Man. Making the Iron man armors is easy since they're just reskins
>>
>>78056405
>lego game
>lazy
What a revelation.
>>
>Skaar
Neat.
>>
>>78056636
Nigga, Marvel has exactly one city, and that's NYC. Any other Earth location besides that is gravy.
>>
>>78056405
Right, Manhattan is destroyed and drastically rebuilt every two years, there's no way it should look the same as in the first game.
>>
>>78058040
Skaar is just the icing on the cake of obscure characters.
Butterball and Gorilla Girl are the biggest literally whos ever
>>
Can't wait to see what Wolverine looks like.
>>
>>78059415
Avengers: the Initiative.

Also, I spy Diamondback.
>>
>>78057050
There are only like 10 or so character templates in LEGO Marvel
I just hope vehicles actually serve a purpose other than races this time, specially the aircraft.
>>
NO X-MEN/ FANTASTIC FOUR
O
B
U
Y
>>
Didn't play the first one, but I really hope Man-Thing is in this. Maybe Paladin as well. Guardians are probably a safe bet too (if they have Jack Flag I will shit a brick)
>>
Seriously are they actually loading up on obscure characters to boast a bigger number while taking away all the mutants?
>>
I only ask for Wolverine but if they can't put one of their A-list for childish reasons, they don't deserve money.
>>
>>78059830
They already confirmed every character from the previous game is returning, which includes all four of the FF (with Future Foundation alternate costumes) and all of the founding members of both the Lee X-Men and the Claremont X-Men.

>>78060182
Are you an idiot? He was in the last game.

>>78059907
I definitely expect Man-Thing. Guardians were DLC for the last game.

Patriot is in so maybe Jack Flag.

Devil Dinosaur, Fin Fang Foom, Swordsman, Jack of Hearts and Stature are in so my wish list is already halfway filled.

Unfortunately looking at this list http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/LEGO_Marvel's_Avengers
not a single new character associated primarily with the X-Men has been added that we know of.
>>
>>78056405
Why would it be different?
>>
>>78056252
they had me at The Wasp

and is that fucking Jewel or Diamondback?
>>
>>78056519
>no latveria
>>
>>78061957
I think it's both
>>
>>78056252
oh God FUCK YES QUICKSILVER COSTUMES CONFIRMED THANK YOU
>>
>>78061579
Guardians weren't DLC, they were a post story-mode bonus. Beta-Ray Bill,Symbiote Spidey, and a few others were
>>
Looks hype except that ugly brown tint to the main hub. I wish I could roam around a sunny NYC like in the first one.
>>
>>78061957
Both appear at different moments in the trailer.
>>
Its stupid how they include movie costumes alongside comic costumes. The movie ones look incredibly out of place and worse most of the time. And they get in an awkward situation when a comic character who isn't in a movie yet gets a movie costume and then their inclusion becomes outdated. For example, comic Wasp is in this trailer yet in a few years there will be a movie wasp costume and it wont make sense anymore in context when the main characters are from movies. Making a movie game at all instead of another Marvel superheroes is a huge misstep in the first place.
>>
>>78061579
>he was in the last game so he can't be in this one
What kind of autist are you
>>
It's a lognshot hope, but with a roster of 250 . . . Do you think that Avengers Academy students or Runaways might show up?
>>
>>78065494
I was saying he was in the last game therefore he WILL be in this one you fuck. It says right there in my post how the devs confirmed every character would return.

>>78064948
I don't mind the gay movie costumes as long as the originals are an option. I also don't really see the problem in being outdated, the last game was of course missing armors from future movies and characters like Ant-Man, Star Lord and the other Guardians, Mandarin and Falcon don't look like their movie versions. As long as they have both there's no problem.

Plus Jessica Jones in this is based on Jewel instead of her MCU version, same with Daredevil having the red costume.

>>78065998
If not in this one they're a shoe-in for DLC/sequel. At least Mettle and Hazmat.
>>
>>78056252
Not bad, but do we get AoA Loki?
>>
You know what I want? Something in the character select to tell you what the fuck the heroes do. At 250 I am not going to be to remember that, say, Captain Marvel has laser vision or something, and so I will probably be using the same 10 characters instead of mixing it up.
>>
>>78066424
That actually exists in Lego Jurassic World.

The problem is, the LEGO games have this annoying tendency to bring in an improvement one game, then forget about it the next game, and maybe bring it back the game after that. There are still some mechanics in previous games I sorely miss that they dropped for no good reason.

So I wouldn't be surprised if it's gone in Avengers.
>>
>>78064948
Why is it stupid? Multiple costumes is a staple of comic books since forever.
>>
>>78066549
Oh? Too bad I never really liked the Jurassic films. Might have played that Lego game if I did.
>>
>>78066602
Yeah it was pretty great overall. They even poke fun at some of the infamously bad moments in the movies.
>>
Are they putting Black Bolt and his crew in here, too?
>>
>>78066424
I want a not-shit character creator. The one in Lego Marvel 1 was the worst.

Certain parts were exclusive to certain custom character slots, some parts in the game weren't available for custom characters at all, and the power selection was the worst: Powers were arbitrarily tied to certain body parts, like fireballs coming with and only with Johnny Storms hair.
>>
>>78068169
That's pretty much always how the character creator in LEGO has worked though, I doubt they'll change it
>>
>>78066588
Multiple costumes isn't stupid, I dont see how you got that out of what I said. The problem is the clashing styles that were never meant to coexist and dont match each other at all.
>>
>>78068247
It's a fucking LEGO game m8. Half of it is fanservice. It's not supposed to have cohesive style or some shit.
>>
Some characters like Fing Fang Foom, Detroit Steel, and Crimson Dynamo is cool to have. But there shouldn't be so many Iron Man characters, especially since most are just reskins.
>>
File: Ferrigno,_Lou_(2007).jpg (143KB, 528x610px) Image search: [Google]
Ferrigno,_Lou_(2007).jpg
143KB, 528x610px
>LOU FERRIGNO

10/10 roster, lou confirmed mcu canon
>>
>>78068247
It's good marketing, especially when the majority of the fanbase only ever seen the movies. And it's fucking LEGO, everything fits with everything.
>>
>>78069080
I wonder if Bendis and Joss Whedon will be in this game.
Quesada, Alonso and Brevoort were in the last one
>>
>>78071863
>Whedon
>special attack lets him quip his way out of danger

Glorious
>>
>>78066549
>There are still some mechanics in previous games I sorely miss that they dropped for no good reason.
Like?
>>
>>78066921
Black Bolt was in the last game, he's a shoe-in, and most of the Royal Family will probably be here.
Don't know how they'll do Medusa
>>
>>78071911
No he throws a beloved character in harms way to save himself.
>>
>>78072203
For a while when you went into freeplay it would auto select all the characters you need to complete a level. Then it didn't for a few games, then it did again, now I don't think it does again.

You also used to be able to cycle between all your characters with the bumpers in free-play. Again, this went back and forth between games whether you could do that.

Those are just off the top of my head, I know there are more, just little quality of life things that I wish every game had.

For bigger stuff, there's the most obvious one - online co-op was online in a single game and never returned. Would love to have that back.
>>
Are Marvel so bad at making games that Warner have to do it for them now?
>>
>>78072348
TT was making Lego games long before Warner bought them
>>
>>78056519
probably won't be any guardians sections
>will follow the plots of both The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron as well as Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.[1]

I think it's weird they're including Cap 1 but I guess it's for tesseract set up.
>>
>>78056252
>No Spider-Man
>No Deadpool
>No X-Men
>Not having the most profitable merchandising characters in your Avengers game

BRAVO MARVEL.
>>
>>78056252
>they're giving hulked characters the mile jumps
THANK
FUCK
>>
>>78072419
They don't have them in their films and they make shit tons of money.
>>
>>78072419
>all of
>them are
>in the game
>but I'd have to do a quick google search to find that out and I guess my shitposting schedule is too tight
>>
>>78072419
I'm glad there's no X-Shit, they're the fucking worst, even worse than the FF in the comics. Imagine your team being so shitty and boring that writers constantly have to kill members and create new ones
>>
File: this nigga.jpg (80KB, 630x603px) Image search: [Google]
this nigga.jpg
80KB, 630x603px
>>78072449
I've been reading X-books for years and I never, ever encountered this scenario. In fact, no, I can't imagine it.
>>
What new characters (other than X-Men, I've given up hope on new ones) do you want?
>Hercules
>Wonder Man
>Kang the Conqueror
>Grim Reaper
>Graviton
>Tigra
>Moondragon
>Starfox
>Runaways
>Squadron Supreme
>Inhumans
>Namor
>>
>>78072609
Rick Jones who has the ability to transform into Genis, Fred Myers, the original Thunderbolts and Ghost, the Hood, Miguel O'Hara, Eric O'Grady and I think you covered everyone else.
>>
>>78072650
Rick Jones is already in the game as A-Bomb
>>
>>78072659
Yeah, but he can't transform into Genis!
>>
>>78072609
Spider Gwen
>>
>>78072609
>Runaways
>Agents of Shield Cast
>Spider-Man 2099
>Agent Venom
>Ghost
>>
>>78072707
I'm hoping for an AoS bonus level
>>
>>78072719
Given how much DLC the Lego Batman 3 got, I expect a lot of it here too
>>
>>78072870
That even had a DLC for a TV show, Arrow, and it was pretty funny.
>>
BTW, there's a leak which shows Thunderbolts DLC and it has a picture of Citizen V.
>>
>>78072889
Really? Source? Pics?
>>
File: CVw_ogYWcAEb9nX.jpg-large.jpg (25KB, 448x556px) Image search: [Google]
CVw_ogYWcAEb9nX.jpg-large.jpg
25KB, 448x556px
>>78072980
Source
https://twitter.com/LEGOMarvelFans
>>
>>78073023
I'd take it with a grain of salt.
I remember some fake leaks for the first Lego Marvel game (that even made it to the wiki) that claimed Spider-Man 2099, Fear Itself Juggernaut, Howard Stark, Nick Fury Sr. and I forget who else were DLC
>>
I haven't played a Lego game since the Hobbit.

Are these actually challenging now? Like, are there actual failure states? Can I lose?
>>
>>78073041
Yeah, but with this T-Bolts DLC thing, it also was announced with a "Adventures Marvel" pack, and the Adventures Marvel pack is officially confirmed as first DLC.
>>
>>78073052
>Like, are there actual failure states? Can I lose?
Why do you want failure states? Do you like having to start levels all over again?

>>78073053
What's the Adventures pack about?
>>
File: surprise.jpg (22KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
surprise.jpg
22KB, 267x400px
>>78073023
>>
>>78073080
>What's the Adventures pack about?
All it shows is Cap with this breathing mask.
>>
>>78073041
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-marvels-avengers-playstation-4/4936023.p?id=1219645622633&skuId=4936023
>>
>>78072609
>Runaways
>Avengers Academy Students
>Tigra
>Hercules
>Amadeus Cho
>>
>>78072449
> even worse than the FF in the comics
HEY! You wanna talk shit on x-fags, go right ahead. Cancerous, whiny, entitled fanbase. The lot of 'em.

But don't you dare drag the F4 into your shitflinging. Marvel wouldn't even exist without them.
>>
>>78072609
Namor has a lower chance than the X-men and FF of getting into the game since Marvel doesn't own his video game rights. He's the only character they straight up can't use as opposed to won't use.
>>
>>78072609
>Hyperion
>Cosmo
>Kaine
>The Eternals (or at least Sersi and Ikari)
>Starbrand
>Thunderstrike
>>
>>78073023
FUCK. Now not only do I have to get this game, but I have to buy the DLC.

Son of a bitch.
>>
>>78073052
>Are these actually challenging now? Like, are there actual failure states? Can I lose?
No. That's not the point of Lego games.

Lego games are 50% fanservice, 25% collectathons, and 25% something to play with your kids.
>>
>>78073305
Atlas
MACH 5
Songbird
Meteorite
Techno
Jolt
Citizen V
>>
File: Untitled.png (895KB, 831x463px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
895KB, 831x463px
Noice. I wonder if there will be some civil war element inside this
>>
>>78074319
Seriously? Damn. I guess that explains why Namor wasn't in the last game and why he still isn't playable in Marvel Avengers Alliance.
Who owns his rights then?
>>
>>78074386
>Giant figures confirmed
Please have Stature in the game with the ability to shrink AND grow
>>
>>78074343
>>Hyperion
He's getting released as a minifigure IRL so he's pretty much guaranteed
>>
File: Untitled.png (859KB, 831x457px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
859KB, 831x457px
>>78074411
I don't see why they couldn't put that in. Ant man already could shrink the first game, and they've had big characters growing since Giganta in Lego Batman 3. With the sucess of the Ant Man film it wouldnt suprise me if they put her in.
>>
>>78072211
>Don't know how they'll do Medusa

Mr Fantastic reskin
>>
>>78074464
But it's her hair
>>
>>78074389
Universal.
>>
>>78074386
>>78074450
Where'd you get these pics?
>>
>>78073023
I expect there will be Captain America: Civil War DLC, just like the last Lego Marvel game had Thor the Dark World DLC
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.