[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wat is the worst line in all of legends of korra?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

"I AM THE DARK AVATAR"
"If you kill him I kill you"
"But when you are with her you are thinking of me"
"Amon is a waterbender!"
>>
"Now that the president is in office and the council has been disbanded, I can finally spend some quality time with my family and give Korra the training she needs."

Smoothest exposition of all time.
>>
Can't remember the exact words, but the "conversation" with Zaheer in book 4 was really bad.
>>
>>78052205
"OP is a faggot!"
>>
>>78052205
Anything Wu says.
>>
>>78052205
>"If you take their lives, I'll take yours"

This was actually a pretty big deal, because the Avatar isn't meant to behave that way. It's significant to her character.
>>
>>78054052
What was the context for that line again?
>>
The visuals in spirit land pissed me off more than anything anyone said, the tea party scene made me drop the show
>>
>>78054095
The judge wrongly convicting her father and some others to death for plotting against Unalock
>>
>>78054095
Her father was sentenced to death, she was threatening Unalok and the judge.
>>
>>78054052
It was pretty weird to hear her threatening to kill someone for doing their job. I'm pretty sure she never tried to outright kill anyone before the judge either.
>>
>>78052205
>Mr Sato, you are a terrible father!
Thanks, Bolin.
>>
>>78052205
"That was the saddest story I've ever heard."

Korra, please.

Your life is about to be 10x worse than that story.
>>
File: Korra Morgan.jpg (102KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Korra Morgan.jpg
102KB, 960x720px
>>
>You have to listen to me! There's a group of terrorists who want to kill all world leaders! I spoke to them in the spirit world! They're insane!
>Talking about in the spirit world? You're the one who sounds insane.

I don't know exactly why, but this line felt so clunky it physically hurt.
>>
>>78054507
*talking about terrorists in
>>
>"When you base your expectations only onwhatyouseeyoublindyourselftospisibiobretalgfugfgtydfvreality"

Zaheer was great, by and large, but that bit in particular was quite a dull mouthful.
>>
>>78054507
Because that's the worst way of bringing that information. She just had to say some terrorists escaped and they are known for hating world leaders.
>>
>>78052205
Was the Lieutenant gay for Amon?
>>
>tfw we will never have LoK YTPs as good as this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lthpiHT7ggA
>>
>>78054571
It's the guard's retort that bothers me, though.
>>
>>78054602
The gayest.
>>
>>78054663
semi-related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjzUTZNd-PM&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>78054760
He did seem very heartbroken.

>I dedicated my life to you!
>>
>>78052205
Lin apologizing to Su.

This was my peak mad at this shitty show.
>>
>>78052205
'I'm the Avatar; you gotta deal with it!'
It was then I knew where this ship was headed. It was then I knew how fucked the series would get.
>>
>>78052729
I have no idea why it solved her PTSD. Besides the plot needing it.
>>
>>78054052
>because the Avatar isn't meant to behave that way
Revisionist nonsense. Aang was the stand out. Dropping threats when needed is exactly how avatars act.
>>
>>78054925
One of the most disappointing parts was the sudden disappearance of her mental issues. I wish we had seen her deal with it more than we did.
>>
>>78054960
But that threat wasn't needed, that's the point. The avatar can threaten people if they damage the balance of the world. They can't use their authority and power to kill for personal purposes. The avatar is supposed to stay neutral.
>>
>>78055075
>They can't use their authority and power to kill for personal purposes
Revisionist nonsense. Few avatars took their roles seriously. One of the most famous avatars literally just kicked her country off into the sea so she could avoid conflict and actually doing her job. Other sat around doing nothing, raising families being complacent until their wife's face is stolen.
>>
>>78055151
There is a difference between what an avatar is supposed to do such as remaining impartial and not playing favorites, and what they actually do. Korra shouldn't have threatened a judge for sentencing a member of the watertribe to death for crimes against the watertribe, but she did because it was her family.

Kyoshi should'nt have made kyoshi island, she should probably have stopped Chin earlier, but for some reason she wanted to save her island and not get involved in internal earth kingdom affairs.
>>
>>78054602
Best love story in LoK. Aside from the huge betrayal.
>>
>>78055151
Kiyoshi didn't want to get mixed up in the political stuff of the earth kingdom. The people were displeased with the earth king and that conqueror appeared. She just let him do his business since it seemed like he had the support of the people. She didn't however like him trying to conquer her homeland, but even then she didn't kill him. She just denied him. After the conqueror's death she went to Ba Sing Se and forced the king to listen to his people.

Kuruk didn't have shit to do because Yangchen was just too good at her job.
>>
>>78055274
When there is no trend there is no standard and thus no true role. Avatar is whatever the world/avatar want it to mean at the time.
Throughout history people have just done whatever they want with the power letting the Avatar mythos whirl in behind them to justify their actions as for the common good.
In fact as of LoK the avatar's role isn't mediation of people but to mediate the spiritual and the mundane. People pleasing was shit that was done on the fly and created the mythos to lead and influence later incarnations.
The Avatar is a myth Ravaa is the reality.
>>
>>78055413
Yes but Raava represents a specific world view that the avatar is to uphold. For instance it would be wrong for the avatar to destroy the world and the 4 nations from Raavas perspective. So the Avatar isn't whatever people need it to be. The Avatar is the manifestation of Raava.
>>
>>78055413
The avatar's role is to maintain balance in the world. How it's done is debatable, but that's the standard.

Killing people for your family is not maintaining balance and is just simply abusing your power. If she wanted to save her father, she should've proven his innocence. Not force her will with brute strength.
>>
>>78055547
>the avatar's role is to maintain balance in the world
Wrong. As of Korra and more specifically the Wan episodes the only purpose the Avatar has is keeping the angry kite in his tree. Literally everything else even the spirit mediation is just something many have decided to do.
Face it. The days of the avatar as an inherent spiritual force of balance in the world died in TLA.

>>78055544
>manifestation
Not really. Not once has Raava interfered with the Avatar's actions. Even when they're blood thirsty or decadent. Her will is irrelevant on the face of it.

As of Korra there is no role or weight to the avatar. The avatar quite literally is as the avatar does.
All that role shit is a cultural thing continued by the 4 nations.

It shouldn't be this way but you can't pretend it's anything noble or balanced after the LoK revisions without throwing your head into the sand.
>>
>>78055690
There has to be something in every avatar that prevents them from abusing their power and taking over the world. Ravaa is probably pretty picky with choosing her hosts. We have yet to see an avatar who hates balance and spirits.
>>
>>78055690
>It shouldn't be this way but you can't pretend it's anything noble or balanced after the LoK revisions without throwing your head into the sand.
Just because Korra failed at her job, doesn't mean that she didn't have a job to do. Korra was supposed to maintain balance between the nations and human/spirts. She failed to do any of that.
>>
>>78055794
Let's simplify this:

>Korra was supposed to maintain balance between the nations and human/spirts.
Why?

>>78055785
Literally no word on how that process even happens in the show. As such it's just baseless conjecture. I will admit that being host to what Avatar U equates to the God of goodness would likely prevent the Avatar from being evil or pure evil. The fact still remains that just because they aren't a threat to reality doesn't mean that they have any role or responsibility past sizing up against angry kite every so often.
>>
>>78054925
Exposure to her triggers - namely, Amon and memories of his attack. It's a legit thing in therapy innit.
>>
>>78055889
Because thats what the avatar is supposed to do and has always strived to do ever since Wan became the first avatar. Raava and Vaatu we're fighting so Raava could supress Vaatu, when Wan freed him he took up the mission of catching him and fight to maintain balance afterwards. He didn't finish the job and Raava reincarnated into a new person who could continue the mission.

Maintaining balance is the stated goal of the Avatar, and it is what they train for their enire lives. Some get to do it right (like Aang), some have no problems to solve (like Kuruk), and some (like Korra) try but fail.
>>
>>78055889
I think it boils down to "with great power comes great responsibility". People look to the avatar to maintain this balance because he has the power to do so. Also I think Raava still has some influence on her host's personality. Every avatar we know is a good person at heart and wants peace. Peace in the avatar universe equals balance.
>>
Never gonna let it die are ya?
>>
>supposed to do
>

>maintain balance afterwards
He was at best a peace keeper and his role had nothing to do with balancing the 4 elements or anything else high minded. He was just trying to end a very real conflict, not striving for some ideological ideal.

>stated goal of the Avatar,
>they train for their enire lives
As stated previously this is just plain untrue. Plenty of avatars don't give a shit and live mundane or even isolated lives.

Point is Korra wasn't outside the bounds of 'her role' because Avatars don't have one. Even brutal, violent and clandestine actions have been seen in avatars.
She broke a narrative expectation perhaps but there's no Avatar yard stick in universe they find their own meaning ultimately.
>>
>>78056242
Wan broke up the two spirits that were fighting eachother for balance. Then he took up the job to fix the problem. It didn't work as intended and he spent his life trying to bring balance to the world. I don't know how you missed this as it is mentioned several times in those 2 episodes.

>Plenty of avatars don't give a shit and live mundane or even isolated lives.
I can't think of a single avatar that didn't care about their job. Please if you can, try to find just one.

And yes, Korra did break the bounds of her role. She only took action because it was her family specificly. The Avatar is not supposed to support their family members if they're in the wrong. And in that situation Korras father had been sentenced by a judge for crimes he was believed to have committed.
>>
>>78056242
This wasn't the case with Korra since she was spiritually retarded, but Aang found the meaning of being the avatar from Roku mainly. You seem to forget the avatars can communicate with their past lives. Each previous avatar tried to keep the world in balance and tells the next avatar that's what they're supposed to do. It's highly unlikely that an avatar has told his next life to take over the world and do evil stuff.

So the standard role of the avatar is to maintain balance and bring peace to the world. That was the goal of Raava and Wan and they passed on that goal to their next lives.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.