[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Walking Dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

File: --.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
--.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Why don't we ever talk about this comic?
>>
Because no one cares.
>>
Because the fat lady left the cell to Neagan open because stupidity.
>>
We used to talk about this and the show all the time back before it blew up around Season 2 and became stupid popular.

Then I guess people assumed it was /tv/'s domain, or just didn't want to talk about it anymore because it was popular.
>>
>>78035413
But the comic far lampshades the show. And it has signficantly more content. Sure, it's popular but I'd say it's one of the best comics on the market desu.
>>
>>78035664
Well then you don't read many comics then
>>
Because its a casuals book literally.
>>
cause the show is going on and we don't want spoilers.
>>
>>78035254
Because Invincible is better.
>>
>>78035254
It's garbage.
>>
>>78035254
It's been the same arc repeated like 70 times now.

>find new people
>group tension
>find community
>group tension
>Community self destructs/overrun by zombies
>Someone dies
>I'M SAD.JPG
>repeat
>>
>>78035664
>lampshades
is that even a word?

anyway, Rick in the series is better. He is a little faggot sometimes in the comics.
>>
>>78035664
No, the show is better, even the creator cares more about it.
>>
While >>78039277 is very correct I've enjoyed what they've been doing with locked up Neagan.
>Give him a chance to talk to newcomers ignorant to his history, giving him a chance to escape and repeat his (dull) story arc?
>Lol they don't buy his shit at all
>Fat lady fails at locking his cage giving him a chance to escape and repeat his (dull) story arc?
>He decides to stay locked up to prove a point
>>
Am i the only one that thinks the show has some things better than the comic and the comic has some things better than the show?

I'm probably in the minority here, but some of the characters i like a hell of a lot more in the show than the comic. like carol.
>>
>>78039774
some characters are better in the comics. Some are better in the show.
>>
>>78039774
Of course he cares about it more, it's tv, the exposure compared to funny books is ridiculous.
>>
>>78039277
This. It's the same shit over and over again.
>>
File: superman don't.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
superman don't.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>78035254

zombies are edgy bullshit

I don't have time for this
>>
>>78035254
the zombie genre should have been abandoned decades ago
>>
File: download (1).png (338KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
338KB, 638x479px
They're too busy being jerked around by capeshit that never goes anywhere. They have to read Batman and his 10 tie-ins plus the rest of DC's shit... then there's Marvel. They have no time for an actual story.
>>
File: 1401589120582.jpg (11KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
1401589120582.jpg
11KB, 258x195px
>>78040884
>the /co/ boogeyman who only reads cape comics

i read indie and i dont read TWD cause its 150 fucking issues long and the content doesnt interest me
>>
>>78039277
Well, is there anything else you can even do with the zombie genre?

Unless there's a end goal, such as getting the cure some place, thats pretty much how it has to go unless you want to end it at "and they lived happily ever after, the end."
>>
You could start tomorrow with a storytime of the latest issue, friend. We'll see where it goes. I'd be shocked if a fuckload of people here don't read TWD. It's kinda massively popular and easy to follow.
>>
>>78039774
That's not what he's said in Letter Hacks. He's flat out said he doesn't give a fuck what happens with the show at the end of the day, as long as it pays for his daughter's college. Maybe that's changed now that the show has gotten better and the big cheese is being mentioned by name.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I never watched the show but dug into the comics starting a few years ago. I was expecting boring zombie shit, but at the point I started reading, it's just a story about rebuilding civilization, which is infinitely more interesting.

I read every new issue when it's in a torrent bundle. I don't even know any of the characters names, but it's a well executed comic and a good read. I still have no desire to read the old issues or watch the show tho.
>>
>>78040884
TWD might be literally the only thing you should be less proud of reading than capes
>>
>>78035254
Because it's a boring as fuck story in a boring as fuck setting with boring as fuck characters and written by Robert "Every single issue must end with a thrilling and totally not forced cliffhanger" Kirkman

Those two characteristics are already bad by themselves and they definitely don't mix
>>
>>78040884
AUTISM
>>
The show had every chance to fix Kirkman's mistakes, and it didn't. It's been 6 fucking seasons and there's still not fucking plot basically.

Also, I'm supposed to believe that Alexandria was zombie free for like, two years, and the moment Rick gets there, the zombie pit is broken open, a doctor gets murderous, the wolves attack the civilization and a building falls on the walls? Fuck that, I hate it when plot only happens when the main character is around. If I was in Alexandria, I'd shoot Rick for obviously being a harbinger of fucking doom.
>>
>>78041280
>>78041377
Says the /co/mbler dykes.
>>
File: redd.png (126KB, 320x263px) Image search: [Google]
redd.png
126KB, 320x263px
>it's about humanity reacting to the apocolypse. The zombies are just a force of nature.
>>
>>78041280
Why?
>>
>>78041664
It's Twilight with "walkers"
>>
>>78041750
I've never read or seen any Twilight anything, explain.
>>
>>78035664

That's not what lampshades means.

You mean overshadows.

Also we stopped talking about it because it became a chore. No one was enjoying it after the first few early arcs.
>>
>>78039277
>>78040720
Welcome to comics. We hope you enjoy your stay.
>>
>>78035254
everyone here is into capeshit and cartoons aimed at children
>>
File: 1435639000498.jpg (71KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
1435639000498.jpg
71KB, 384x313px
>>78035254
1) It got mainstream popular thanks to the TVshow, this made us re-read and look deeper into it, we realizes that it actually isn't as good as we thought it was, monstly an interesting concept with a cool gimmick.

2) Zombie saturation, there are fucking zombies in everything we consume now, shit simply got old. I imagine this has happened to other creatures before.

3) The videogame did a much better job with the formula than Robert Kirkman ever did, the first season at least. Everything else in the series pales in comparison
>>
About once a year, Kirkman will kill one of the early cast members and we'll have a thread about that. The day to day dealings of it aren't worth reporting though.
>>
It's funny how Kirkman wanted to be original and make a comic about "what happens after the zombie movie is over" but didn't realize that it's actually pretty fucking dull and repetitive. Maybe there's a reason why the movies don't go on for four or five years. After a while it just turns into a soap opera.

>>78044145
The video game is so much better at format for TWD stories it's not even funny. There has to be a clear beginning and end to stories. Not this Days Of Our Lives nonsense.
>>
It's just not very good.

I considered getting back into it, then I read Kirkman had half the cast killed off-panel recently because he's a fucking hack.
>>
>>78035254
it got boring as shit. people only read it to find out how shit will play out with carls new qt
>>
>>78035254
Why is black woman using katana? Any specific reason or just because? I've seen her on commercil and wondered.
>>
Because it's boring, old, repetitive, and your mom is a slut.
>>
>>78039277
This has happened like twice, and the circumstances were very different each time. The only similarity between The Governor and Negan are that they're antagonists who want the main group's stuff and that they're supposed to represent what Rick would be like if somewhere down the line he became completely irredeemable.
>>
>>78046964
>half the cast killed off-panel
It was only 12 that were killed, and outside of 3, the rest were literal whos. But he is a hack, it was such a "look how evil this new big bad is guys"
>>
>>78041750
just...think about what you said
>>
File: Walking-Dead-149-cover-900.jpg (562KB, 900x1384px) Image search: [Google]
Walking-Dead-149-cover-900.jpg
562KB, 900x1384px
this was released today ?
>>
>>78035254
It's boring as shit, has been that way for a long time, and most of the cast are idiots.
>>
>>78035254
Because the comic got shit after they left the prison and that was years ago. And the show was shit for the first 4 years and then it only became OK.
>>
>>78048123
Yes, gonna flip through it when I go to my LCS. Should take about 2 minutes.
>>
File: Loki-Thor.jpg (39KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
Loki-Thor.jpg
39KB, 500x404px
>>78035664
>But the comic far lampshades the show.
>lampshades
>>
The whole story is so convoluted now. Very boring. Instead of ex military or hidden bunkers we get retarded zombie ranchers who rape.
>>
>>78044145
this
>>
>>78046994
The explanation is that she had one as a decoration before the apocalypse and took to learning how to use it after shit went down. You actually get to learn more about her backstory than many of the other characters.
>>
>>78041664
Because fans of it act like they're mature and alternative for finally reading their first non-Big 2 book with bad words even though it's a ridiculously popular Image title and has just as many flaws as capes

TWD fans are like that kid everyone knew in 2004 who thought he was special for listening to Slipknot instead of Linkin Park
>>
I stop reading the comics a while ago, but I heard they don't kill Negan. Why is that?
>>
>>78048603
'We're not going to be evil as them' trope

Oh and he's getting released to fight zombie people.
>>
>>78048620
Well, that's pretty lame. After bashing Glen's head in front of everyone they just decided to let him go
>>
>>78035254
Because it's
>boring
>boring
>boring
>boring
>OHMUHGAWDSOMEONEDIED
>boring
>boring
TWD is a terribly paced comic.
>>
>>78035254
The comic is still discussed albeit seldomely, issue 148 was storytimed when it was released. And at that time, there was approximately 20 anons invested and interested.
>>
>>78048508
Slipknot was pretty good tho
>>
>>78048687

Yeah... it's paced worse then the TV show.
>>
>>78041022
Have some balls and adjust your status quo. World War Z style. Have a community grow large enough that it can defend itself from all outsiders. Bring large communities together to form a new sort of country and explore the rules of a world where a person getting sick and dying means the chance of a new zombie outbreak, and where EVERYONE has to contribute, regardless of what they want to do, they need to contribute something. Show some progress in rebuilding the world, a new generation of children born in the zombie world. Something different.
>>
I am currently reading Compendium 3. At the part where Ezekial is talking to Michonne after losing Shiva.
Maybe I am just enjoying this because I am reading the compendiums and not issue to issue or trades. I don't know.
I get that pretty much everyone is going to die except Rick, but it would be nice if it were the shittier characters first. Why kill off Dale so early and leave Maggie?
>>
>>78048439
That's not why, she took it from her piece of shit neighbor.
>>
Someone please storytime the issue, its already in the win-o-thread
>>
>>78048123
released now ?
>>
>>78048123
Torrent where.
TPB only has some HUEHUEHUE releases from 146 onwards
>>
>>78041420
The quarry breaking at that exact moment is the only thing that is conveniently unbelievable. Everything else was a result of Rick and company shaking things up.
>>
It's kinda weird that we don't talk about it much anymore, especially considering that it hasn't really been better than it is right now. From the war on, it's been pretty spectacular.
>>
>>78050094

>>78052319
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.