[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spider-Man Thread!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

I have a couple of questions about Spidey.

One, he can lift ten tones (has that changed) before exertig himsel. This also goes to his legs, and since legs are much stronger than arms, how come he isn't always jumping everywhere?

A common joke is that he's not good in areas without buildings to swing on, but if he can jump so far an high, why can't he just play Tarzan in Central Park with his agility and acrobatic prowess and jumping spider(Man) in wide open spaces?

Hopefully some science anons who are fans of Spidey can explain this to me.
>>
>>78032156
Bad picture to post. Uh-oh.
>>
File: RicochetJohnny[2].jpg (49KB, 430x419px) Image search: [Google]
RicochetJohnny[2].jpg
49KB, 430x419px
>>78032156
>how come he isn't always jumping everywhere?
He can move faster by shooting a line of web at something then yanking himself towards it.

There was a period where his Spider-Man persona was being too persecuted to use, so he invented several alternate superhero identities. One of which was Richochet, who was strickly acrobatics+martial arts. That's more or less what you're after.
>>
File: FIG-KAI-9693.jpg (47KB, 399x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIG-KAI-9693.jpg
47KB, 399x600px
>>78032334
Ah, so he could still web-zip and slingshot himself wherever needed. Writing in comics can be stupid.
>>
>>78032156

Spider-man is all about the parkour as well, as you see if you watch any of the cartoons or movies. It's just not something that comes up a lot in comics, sense travel scenes are one of the things usually relegated to behind the panels.

With human locomotion, one of the main limiting factors once you have such excessive strength is grip. The faster you're moving, the less relative force you exert on the ground, the less force you can then apply to push yourself forward, which is why guys like the Hulk will jump rather than run. Spider-man is unique in that he has an unlimited amount of grip while he's running, so this wouldn't be a factor, which would allow him in theory to run faster and more agilely than other heroes of similar strength. Of course, it'd be really inefficient and probably exhausting.

The main thing limiting him is stamina. Webslinging would pull a normal person's shoulder out, and they wouldn't have the strength to pull their body along with just one arm, but for Spidey, it's easy, like lifting a five pounds weight. Jumping six stories is lots of effort for Spidey though, the same as an athlete performing their max high jump, and it's not something he can do for hours on end.
>>
File: 1440512521172.jpg (1MB, 1006x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1440512521172.jpg
1MB, 1006x1500px
>>78032635
I see; so it's more of a matter of, 'Just because you can, doesn't mean you should'. Because as you said it'd be terribly inefficient. Considering his spider-sense can outright control him when he focuses or loses himself in the movements, you think it's possible it regulates how he moves and how much force he puts into those movements? Since it's been stated that sometimes, in order to avoid the unavoidable injury, it will guide him into a less-so one, so that the 'future' movements will be changed.

Also, what is the spider-sense? I like to think it's bordering on precognition, that if he trained it, he'd see the future. Though I've seen others explain it as situational awareness, which is something I onestly don't care fore and disagree with.
>>
>>78032827
it's almost always treated as precog. Since JMS it's been tied to the 'Web of Life and Destiny', a cosmic network spanning time and reality.

In What If? Spider-Man vs Wolverine, exactly what you describe happens. After compromising on his no killing rule he trains under an assassin, honing his instincts. He could tell when someone nearby was even considering attacking him, and 'sometimes he just knew things'
>>
>>78032827
No, look at Kaine who had a super spider sense that was almost a fully fledged precgonition. After his encounter with the other he gained a lesser sense but was still more powerful than Peter's. Training the sense leads to it being able to detect a threat faster but Spidey can't always react fast enough to dodge.
>>
>>78032929
also worth mentioning that Silk has a stronger Spider-Sense than either, but hers is hyper sensitive and can be set off by mundane things like a couple having an argument down the road.
>>
>>78032827

Spider-sense is what makes it possible for him to websling so well, since he doesn't have to aim his lines, just trust in the sense. It's a part of his natural reflexes just like a runner's gait.

With Spider-verse, Spider-sense seems to be more mystical. It can be trained and enhanced--like with Spider Assassin--and it can predict the future, giving a warning about vague things that are going to happen soon.

My interpretation of the spider-sense is that spider totems are always perched on the web of life, and that allows them to feel the vibrations of the web through time. They can feel possible futures where they get shot up by bullets, and use that feeling to react and choose a different path to avoid it.
>>
>>78032929
He lost his spider-sense during spider-island.
>>
Another thing worth mentioning about Peter's Spider-Sense is that it can be triggered by thinks not immediateley dangerous but which he considers life or death matters. There's been several instances of his spider-sense warning him when someone is about to discover his secret identity
>>
>>78032978
Hers go weaker after spider-verse when her pheromone thing with pete got destoryed.

>>78033018
Did spider-island happen after his encounter with The Other? I thought Kaine met Ero in Huston.
>>
>>78032156
>lift ten tones
>legs are much stronger than arms
When you lift, you engage a lot of your major muscle groups. It's not just your arms or just your legs. Depends on whether or not you're doing a dead lift or not too.

>he's not good in areas without buildings to swing on
It is a joke. He is extremely agile, fast, strong, acrobatic, etc. as you said. He doesn't NEED buildings to be an effective hero.

Also, like >>78032334 said, he can swing faster, propel himself, by pulling on the webbing.
>>
>>78032827
Always thought of it as subconscious version of DD's heightened senses.
>>
>>78033170
he's definiteley conscious of it. If there's a collossal threat about to happen his spider-sense constantly going off hits him like a bad migraine and is just as debilitating, which is its way of saying get the fuck out of the city it's going to explode.
>>
File: d8a408ca7d4d0e08d92f7a4471226ae3.jpg (178KB, 736x1121px) Image search: [Google]
d8a408ca7d4d0e08d92f7a4471226ae3.jpg
178KB, 736x1121px
>>78033054
>>78032978
>>78032998
>>78033249
About training the spider-sense; at some point it's been said that Peter uses his spider-sense while he's on patrol to detect danger that he couldn't see: a mugging in an alley,a robery, etc. So it's obviously not restricted to immedaiate dangers to him, or just his future, he can expand that 'field of vision' of the spider-sense as well. To detect threats.

On the web... like a spider feels vibrations on it's web of intruders. OH SHI-
>>
>>78033387
Anon.. Anon... AAAANNNNOOOOONNNN!
>>
>>78033091
Spider-island happens just before Kaines ongoing starts.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.