[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This guy is so much better than Pullido. Love how kinetic he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: KON0bVp.png (3MB, 1397x1071px) Image search: [Google]
KON0bVp.png
3MB, 1397x1071px
This guy is so much better than Pullido. Love how kinetic he is and all the weird angles and fisheye he's put in there. I generally don't mind Muntsa Vicente, but he probably did kick Pullido down the notch also, since I do not remember thinking him bad with Hollingworth on Hawkeye. Ronald Wimberly blew me and his issues are the only good parts on She-Hulk.
>>
>>78005566
Not sure if b8 or not but Wimberly falls into the trap a lot of current comic artists do: that they're good for covers and pin-ups and not much else.
>>
The fact that people shat on Wimberly when his issues came out is very telling. I wonder if any of them ever even read Prince of Cats.
>>
wimberley is a goat artist
pullido wasn't fit for she-hulk at all
>>
File: Bez názvu.png (1MB, 1807x724px) Image search: [Google]
Bez názvu.png
1MB, 1807x724px
he reliesSoule needs to fucking realize he ain't writing a script for sitcom, he often relies on comedic timing of actors, but that just does not work, especially not with someone as static as Pullido or when you put the set up and the punch line in the same panel.

Pic related

Either way, I cannot fathom how this got on so many Top Ten lists for 2014.
>>
>>78005597
Not really. Wimberly's storytelling was great in Prince of Cats.
>>
>>78005610
/co/ disliked it?

Not even surprised anymore.
>>
>>78005566
not muh generic 90s muscleman style like DC
>>
>>78005664
The worst thing is when you try to call the art shit and people just assume it's because you dislike cartoony art
>>
>>78005664
>Either way, I cannot fathom how this got on so many Top Ten lists for 2014.

Literally interviews. Saying how the book is good and clever in interviews and on social media is all it takes these days.

Even here a lot of time you want to discuss something and all the people can come up with is some quote from the creator as if it fucking matters.
>>
OP here

Is this the most one can hope to get out of an actual comic book thread these days around here?
>>
>>78006325
yeah
>>
File: pausejoke.jpg (439KB, 980x670px) Image search: [Google]
pausejoke.jpg
439KB, 980x670px
>>78005664
Bendis is the master of those jokes
>>
>>78005760
but Pudillo is far from shit
bad faces=/=shit, /co/. Christ.
>>
File: pausejoke.jpg (427KB, 980x670px) Image search: [Google]
pausejoke.jpg
427KB, 980x670px
>>78007815
fuck, I messed up
>>
File: bondage justice.jpg (845KB, 1280x1871px) Image search: [Google]
bondage justice.jpg
845KB, 1280x1871px
Ron's a great artist and a storyteller, but he kinda burned his bridges with Marvel.
Then he went looking for the factory that built the bridge in the first place and burned that down too.
>>
>>78007925
To be fair bad faces and awful coloring.
It's got a lot less going for it than the fact everyone can't decide whether they want to look at the wall to their left or their right.
Though to be fairer I haven't read that run apparently this is just some really crap cherry picking.
The art works better with flat colors rather than this "I just learned how to use the gradient fill tool" coloring they they do a lot.
>>
>>78007939
But this is better, because the two panels in-between imply a time has passed and a reader that actually allows for the artist to lead reader's eye through panels to reach a punch-line.

Soule has the punch-line in the same panel as the set up. That's much worse.
>>
>>78008090
the coloring has literally nothing to do with Pudillo though
>>
>>78005610
The fact that you think that rushed garbage looks anything like his work on Prince of Cats is very telling indeed.
>>
eh, his work in prophet was shit also "lol black prophet"
>>
>>78008124
yeah because the joke was that he hadn't given them any time to soak it in.
>>
File: sleepy hollow.gif (511KB, 245x145px) Image search: [Google]
sleepy hollow.gif
511KB, 245x145px
>>78008259
>his work in prophet was shit also "lol black prophet"

Because clones of John Prophet can have lizard tales, three heads, three dicks, no hair, hair everywhere, be giants, be midgets, be psychics, be neanderthals, be multi-armed, be space ships, be female, but god forbid a batch be black am I right?
>>
>>78005566
What the fuck is going on with her face in the center? I like the action feel of it though, what's the pages before/after?
>>
>>78005566

>breaking panels

>that clusterfuck covering subsequent panes

Its shit senpai.
>>
>>78005664
Those horrible fucking eyes. That's what always kills me on Pullido's art, the eyes. Their the windows to the soul, but he must just be so 'good' he can't let us forget this is a fictive story on dead paper.
>>
>>78010108
>They're

Maybe I should stop posting for a bit and get some food for the day in me.
>>
>>78005566
>You ever hulk out so hard you retcon whether your shirt has sleeves?

Seriously, they vanished rather than being scrunched up
>>
>>78005566
Looks like shit.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.