[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /co/ feel about all the superhero/comic book tv series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: daredevil.jpg (31KB, 740x491px) Image search: [Google]
daredevil.jpg
31KB, 740x491px
How does /co/ feel about all the superhero/comic book tv series that have popped up?
Which ones are worth watching? Power rankings?
>>
File: tumblr_nyvu5t0B8h1rjtcxmo1_1280.jpg (25KB, 581x515px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyvu5t0B8h1rjtcxmo1_1280.jpg
25KB, 581x515px
>>78000441
>Power rankings
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Constantine
iZombie
Flash
Gotham
AoS
Arrow
Agent Carter
Supergirl
>>
>>78000441
All the live action ones are shit.
>>
>>78000487
I've only seen arrow and it was literally a reskin of gossip girl. But apparently enough people seemed to like it since it lasted 4 seasons and started the trend.
>>
>>78000482
>Jessica Jones so High
It really wasn't that good.

Daredevil
Flash
Gotham
iZombie
Constantine
Jessica Jones

------Only Watch if real bored or crossover -----

AoS
Arrow
Agent Carter
Supergirl
>>
>>78000441
Arrow is good if you ignore the shitty ninja crap

Flash was great in season one with the Thawne reverse flash, he made the show. Season 2 has been okay but its nothing with the reverse flash

Gotham is okay, not too shit, not too good

Super girl is poor and a let down. Shit CGI, and they've made super girl this girly girl, who's worried about shit super girl wouldn't care about. I've heard her comics she's dark and gritty and doesn't like humans or earth. If the Tv show went that way ir might have been good

Constantine was good but got cancelled

Agents of Shield is Gotham tier it can sometimes tie in with the marvel films which i like

Agent Carter is good but it focuses too much on "lol you are a woman go make the tea" I know back them women were treated like that but stop throwing it in our faces

Daredevil was Gotham tier

Jessica Jones was good

It pains me to say this but Marvel are doing it right with Jessica Jones and Daredevil. Dark. gritty, in the same universe as the marvel films. They've picked super heroes that wouldn't rely on shitty TV show budget CGI like super girl and the flash

I wish the flash and super girl and arrow took that root when they started. Instead of making their shows for shitty networks and making them for teenage girls, they made them a bit darker and a bit more morbid they would have been GOAT, and better more popular actors might have helped instead of unknowns or Glee rejects
>>
>>78000441
If its animated, watch it first.
>>
Pretty much all new ones are watchable.
>power ranking
nothing good comes from this
>>
>>78000520

>Flash
>Gotham

Is this Earth-2?
>>
>>78000591
Do earthlings-2 refer to themselves as such?
>>
File: gotham S02E04 cinegrid.jpg (804KB, 1536x2160px) Image search: [Google]
gotham S02E04 cinegrid.jpg
804KB, 1536x2160px
>>78000591
not that anon, but gotham is based
>>
Misfits, though not perfect, remains far and away the best that western live-action superheroics have to offer.

Admittedly without being based on a pre-existing Disney/Time Warner property, and without gaudy primary colour costumes, it will be abhorred by many.

Of course these are just my own barely justified opinions, and I'm happy that not everyone agrees because it takes all sorts dontchaknow
>>
>>78000609
Most people on either Earth don't know about there being another Earth.

The two Earth-2 residents who are recurring cast members call themselves and their home Earth-2 mostly because they're guests on Earth-1 where all the action has been happening so defer to that naming system
>>
>>78000622

Yeah no shit. I was talking about flash being higher than gotham on that guy's list.
>>
Arrow was meh, then good, then great, then meh again and now it's kinda decent
Flash was great and is still pretty much good
AoS were meh, then great, then meh again, now are pretty good
Gothat was kinda good and now is even better
Constantine was fun, shitty it got cancelled
iZombie was and is fun
Agent Carter was meh
Supergirl is meh but it has potential
Daredevil was great
Jessica Jones was good
>>
>>78000441
Flash
Arrow
Daredevil
1950's Superman
1960's Batman
1970's Wonder Woman

the last three are being broadcast on my local channels every weekend, it's pretty great.

Everything else is either average or way, way fucking below average
>>
>>78000441
so far I've seen Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Gotham, and Flash, and of them I was wowed by Flash the most
>>
>>78000780
Lois and Clark > Flash
>>
All of them are fucking unwatchable and I'm not even a snob.
>>
>>78000930
No, Lois and Clark got a point where Lois died and was brought back as a clone that had to constantly eat frogs to survive.

This was because Jurassic Park was popular at the time and the Dino's in that movie were cloned with amphibian DNA.

So no, Lois and Clark was not better than Flash or 90's Flash.
>>
>>78000564
Supergirl TV show is just sort of using the classic version who was just a super girly girl too. Doesn't mean it's good but eh.
>>
Wait Gotham was a laughing stock last I heard,
why the fuck has it now gained reputation?
>>
>>78000644
I'm pretty sure everyone that's come over from earth-2 has called it earth-2. It's like they know they're not as important as earth-1.
>>
>>78000951
It's better-written, has better dialogue, better acting, is actually fun and Lex Luthor is actually threatening unlike boring Zoom and Reverse-Flash.
>>
>>78000979
great pseudo-Joker, Riddler and Penguin
>>
File: 1436025195163.png (37KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
1436025195163.png
37KB, 235x235px
Its all cash grab trash.
>>
>>78000986
>Lex Luthor is actually threatening unlike boring Zoom and Reverse-Flash.
You should have stopped before this, you made your bait way too obvious.
>>
>>78001028
>any opinion I disagree with is le bait
Typical flashfag retards.
>>
>>78000979
Most people who didn't like it stopped watching, so now only fanbois remain.
>>
>>78000986
Hey, I can say things to without providing evidence as well, but I don't, cuz I'm not a massive cunt like you.

Lois and Clark was pure schlock

https://youtu.be/FWvNZ3aTK3k
>>
>>78001048
>tfw no selection of concubines
>>
>>78001048
All it proves is that I'm correct. It's better than the shitshow that is Flash.
>Flashfags constantly complain when shows are not campy, but when see a show naturally campy and not in a forced way like their terrible show they call it schlock
Lel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrdQTvpf0u8
>>
>>78001097
>campy

sure, if you want to call shitty faux Donner Luthor campy go right ahead. Lois and Clark wasn't campy, Xena was campy, Batman was campy, this show took itself way to seriously to be considered anywhere near camp, it's on the bell curve spectrum at bad B movie not fun and campy.
>>
>>78001128
>Lois and Clark wasn't campy
Except it was and it did camp and serious stuff much better than The Flash does.
Prankster episode > shitty Trickster nostalgia bait

Xena wasn't campy. Xena was either obnoxious trash or taking itself way too seriously and was a soap opera at times. The whole baby arc was one of the worst things I've seen on television.
>>
File: 1422092929915.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1422092929915.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>78001202
>doesn't like Xena
>>
>>78000644
Obviously the only non-oppressive means of naming these two universes is thus:

"Universe 1" and " Universe A"
>>
>>78000441
Watch Daredevil, Flash and iZombie, skip everything else.

I'm hoping those Hellfire and Legion shows actually happen though
>>
>>78001292
Replace Flash with Gotham
>>
>>78000441
TV Series: Daredevil>Jessica Jones>SHIT>All the rest.
Movies: SHIT>All the rest
>>
>>78001308
wasn't gotham just a bad cop show?
>>
>>78001273
Hercules >>>>>> Xena
The only thing worse thing about Hercules is not having Gabriel who's better than the bland Iolaus.
>>
>>78001316
>Jessica Jones
>not shit
>>78001337
All cop shows are bad, m8.
>>
>>78001044

I'm inclined to go with this explanation. Just like all the praise SHIELD gets now, because only the droniest drones continued watching.
>>
>>78001346

>All cop shows are bad, m8.
>he's never seen the Wire
>>
>>78001394
>The Wire
>cop show
It's a drama that happens to involve cops. You could've named at least an actual cop show, like The Shield.
>>
File: Jules Maigret.jpg (31KB, 605x399px) Image search: [Google]
Jules Maigret.jpg
31KB, 605x399px
>>78001346
>
>>
>>78000441
I can't stand any of them, but I dislike TV in general.
>>
>>78000742
I can get behind this one.
>>
>>78000441
Constantine
Daredevil
Flash
Gotham
AoS
Supergirl
Arrow

Haven't seen Agent Carter yet and iZombie's premise makes my brain hurt, so I'll pass.
>>
>>78001408
>it doesn't count because I say so
>>
>>78001408
Gotham is an 80's action movie that happens to involve cops, if that's how your going to split it. It has very little to do with crime dramas like Arrow.
>>
Daredevil > Jessica Jones > Flash

Rest are garbage.
>>
>>78001039
>not liking reverse flash
what are you, gay?
>>
>>78001408
Stop moving the goal posts
>>
File: frank.jpg (148KB, 652x1289px) Image search: [Google]
frank.jpg
148KB, 652x1289px
FRANK IS COMING MOTHERFUCKERS
>>
>>78000441
Daredevil and Jessica Jones are genuinely good.

Haven't seen Constantine, iZombie, Gotham, or Supergirl.

Agent Carter is decent, just kind of dull.

The Flash is really entertaining but when to actually try to break it down the writing isn't very good.

Arrow starts bad, gets good in Season 2, then gets bad again.
>>
>>78002514
Forgot to mention AoS. Don't watch that one.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.