[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mr. Vice President! Someone finally bought a copy of your book, sir.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: Capture.jpg (39KB, 706x574px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
39KB, 706x574px
Mr. Vice President! Someone finally bought a copy of your book, sir.
>>
Well, this calls for a celebration!

>CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES, COME ON!

I will!
>>
What would have happened if Gore rightfully became president?
>>
>>77966963
I'm not American, but it's my understanding that Bush killing Saddam basically ruined everything.
>>
>>77966963
Truthfully, not a whole lot would have been different.

Bush didn't crash planes into the WTC, Bush didn't crash the global economy with no survivors, Bush didn't cause an SJW epidemic on collage campuses.

Only way I can see 2015 being significantly different had Gore become president in 2000 is if he lost to a Republican candidate in 2004 to give us a "strong" leader after the terrorist attacks, and that person ended up getting two terms, denying us eight years of Barack Hussein Obama.
>>
>>77967629
Not much except the mid-east being a fuckton more stable
>>
If 9/11 had happened under Gore, the house would've impeached him
>>
>>77967629
>Bush didn't crash the global economy with no survivors
Didn't he pass deregulation laws that allowed the banks to do what they did? Well technically I guess he just signed them after they passed the senate, but still.
>>
>>77966963
A larger focus on renewable energy and environmentalism.
Whether anything would have passed is unknown but it would have been brought up a lot more and put into the minds of the American people.
>>
>>77967629
> didn't crash planes
it was part of his master plan.
>>
>>77969206
No, that was a Clinton idea to boost the economy during the 90s slump.
>>
>>77969468
It was fairly stable from 1919 to 1947.
>>
>>77969206
>>77969500
>>77969527
It was both of them.
>>
>>77969894
Barely. Iraq had a pathetic shell of a military but a decent internal security force. It wasn't a threat to anyone but itself.
>>
>>77966963
there's really no telling how he'd respond to terrorism and other social issues, but he'd have more focus on environmental and energy. but that would probably end up resulting in more expensive gas prices and electric bills. so who can say if he'd be any better
>>
>>77963667
>>
>>77969894
I thought the deal with Saddam was that he kept ISIS and all the faggots associated with it at bay? Or that he prevented war between religion by oppressing all of them?
>>
>>77972419
Yes thats the general idea.
Saddam was organized chaos. Brutal and flawed, but it kept the real scavangers at bey.
Now Iraq has true chaos.

I think taking out Saddam was the right thing to do.
All these IS millitants are definitely a problem, but the problem needed to be addressed eventually.
If Saddam had been taken down more peacefully, there would still be thousands of angry radicals waiting in the shadows.
They have real hate and prejudice that goes back hundreds of years.
People can blame the US for exacerbating the situation post 9/11, but this is not an issue of a single generation.
>>
>>77967629
>Truthfully, not a whole lot would have been different.

The Bush tax cuts would never happened and the United States would not have invaded Iraq. So, if nothing else, the national debt would have been a lot better off.
>>
>>77972940
>I think taking out Saddam was the right thing to do.

Well sure, Saddam was a dictator who oppressed a portion of his citizens. The problem is that we went in guns ablazing like real cowboys, with falsified evidence to give us justification, then spent the better half of a decade fucking the country up by all the notorious human rights abuses, antagonizing occupation and setting a small scale capitalism wild west in Iraq by awarding all the major rebuilding contracts to US companies that then exploited their monopoly by just taking the money being pumped in without and not really putting much effort in doing what were paid to do. The entire "peace keeping" mission was one giant clusterfuck that just helped to create an entire new generation that thinks America is the devil and we're going to keep psying for those mistakes for years to come.
>>
>>77966857
>>77963667
It's a cut away joke, but it works.

Also Al Gore seemed like a bro.
>>
File: 1448440232548.gif (12KB, 164x234px) Image search: [Google]
1448440232548.gif
12KB, 164x234px
/pol/ pls
>>
>>77973045
Oh I completely agree it was handled very poorly to be polite.
Not least of the fuckups was starting in Afghanistan.
The war on terror was partly a veil so Bush Jr could finish daddy Bush's work.
And the fact that Saddam was not responsible for for coordinating 9/11 did not sit well with most people as a justification for starting a 2 front war.
Sure they took out some baddies and knocked Al qaeda and the Taliban, but they aren't a conventional army.
If you look at WWII there was a structured demilitarization in Germany and Japan.
Communism complicated things in the region but the armies were disbanded.
Not so in the mid east. More like taking a torch to a wasp's nest.

I really do feel bad for the younger generation.
I've read about kids who fear blue skies because drone strikes are more likely than overcast days.
I never wanted this fucking war. I never wanted to hurt anyone.
But if you dropped me in the middle of Najaf or Kandahar I'd be torn to shreds for what some grey haired dudes in my country decided.
>>
>>77969468
>fuckton more stable
What, you can't tell the difference between "everyone hates each other with violence and war" and "shit's on fire, yo"
>>
The Bush admin couldn't have done more to make the new Iraq an Iranian ally if they tried. Odd since conservatives try to make Iran the ME's boogeyman too

Additionally, Bremer kicked out Saddam's military leaders right into the hands of ISIS
>>
File: shahnuclearplants.jpg (240KB, 800x1140px) Image search: [Google]
shahnuclearplants.jpg
240KB, 800x1140px
>>77974095
The problem with the Middle East is that the choice seems to be either a thuggish theocracy or a thuggish secular state.

Though to be honest, a secular state doesn't tend to lash out at others, much.

That being said, Jordan does pretty well.
>>
>>77974070
>literally what happened
>tumblr

Let's hear your version, then.
>>
>>77973073
I think it works for two reasons.

1) We see how it connects to the Simpsons, form the book store to the white house.

2) We think that it's going to be about Bart, like the Government cares he's discover the secret about aliens.
>>
>>77966963
Taxes for carbon cycle.

Otherwise known as pay the fine for dying.
>>
>>77974138
Iran, or Persia before the religious uprising, used to be a democracy until the CIA cause a coup because their leader wouldn't give the US cheap oil and put that asshole dictator in power. Because of his bullshit, that gave more and more sway to the radical religious until the revolution in the late 70's when they stormed the US embassy.
>>
>>77974276
Which candidate do you think will bring us back to war? Obama doesn't want to end his presidency starting another war, so unless something major happens in the next 11 months, we have to wait for the next one.
>>
>>77974320
It's a real shame, my dad worked in Bagdad for a bit in the 70's with the beef trade. It looked so beautiful in the pictures. Looking at Syria it's clear nobody learned anything though.
>>
>>77974138
The Jordanians are in kind of a unique position, they learned from Lebanon and Egypt to resort to politics rather than war. That said, when you burn a member of the royal family to death on video, say goodbye to mercy.
>>
>>77966963
Family Guy would never have made that terrible joke
>>
>>77974276
Blame Europe for the current mess, Britain, France and Italy are the assholes who went in during the early 20th century and just lines all over the place, completely disregarding the land claims of the various sects, giving more land to the groups that buddy up with them. So now you have a region where everyone is at each other's necks because of this.

>>77974358
Learn your middle eastern history. Iran once had a parliament https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat

Brist also played a part in the coup

Also Afghanistan was a thriving democracy as well, with women in all positions of work and well educated. That all got fucked up when the Russians invaded and the US backed the Taliban, eventually putting them in power and sending the country back to the fucking stone age.
>>
>>77974516
I'll never understand why world leaders make the assumption that after a bloody coup and nationwide destabilisation people would just start practicing democracy.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.