[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate this story? Ignoring the reboot, the actual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Flashpoint_1.jpg (161KB, 600x922px) Image search: [Google]
Flashpoint_1.jpg
161KB, 600x922px
Why do people hate this story?

Ignoring the reboot, the actual plot, world, pacing and tieins are great
>>
>>77953981
>Why do people hate this story?
>Ignoring the main reason people hate it

Ok, anon.
>>
>>77954027
But the reboot has nothing to do with the actual story
>>
>>77953981
Because it fall flat.
>>
>>77953981
Shouldn't have been an event. It felt more like a Flash story than a elseworld/crisis.
>>
>>77956761
Do you think that we'll get something similar to the Crises in the New 52 universe? Huge, overarching crossover events that (at least try to be) major game-changers?
>>
Reboot. That's why it's adaptation, Flashpoint Paradox, is generally regarded as one of the best of DC's animated movies. Casuals go into it without that bias and, for comic fans, it's divorced from the reboot, removing their bias.
>>
>>77953981
Some tie ins were good., really good, but some others just went down after first issue and mostly weren't connected to the main story. And the reset, the part that everything changes at the end didn't have the impact. You could have skipped the part where Flash was running to stop him from chaing the past and it was like nothing happened we are back at were we were and the reboot never happened.
>>
File: 1449282083683.jpg (193KB, 614x588px) Image search: [Google]
1449282083683.jpg
193KB, 614x588px
>>77953981
>the actual plot
It's a mess, it starts off way too slow and then speeds up too much towards the end. Also, I'm pretty sure the whole thing was rewritten and was originally supposed to unfold very differently (pic related)
>world
Very underdeveloped and frankly, not that interesting, it's just a series of bad ends in which everyone ends up dead. The whole world is destroyed at the end of the event so it's hard to latch on to it in any way.
>pacing
Like I said, the pacing is godawful, maybe the worst part of the whole series.
>tieins
The only good ones were Batman and Frankenstein, the rest ranged from mediocre forgettable shit to awful, awful atrocities.
>>
>>77956792
Convergence was supposed to be one and it change things but not the way a lot of fans expected. I liked Convergence but after I read I was a little disappointed.
Also Didio stated that while he is in charge there won't be any crisis in any near future but I don't believe anything form that asshole so I guess that with Pre Flashpoint Superman and Parallax Hal something will change.
>>
>>77956876
>Only good tie ins were Batman and the Hellboy rip off
Do you read Citizen Cold or Project Superman?
>>
I expected more of the event although I liked. I was pretty sure that Shade never could escaped from the Madness zone but after Convergence I still wonder if he escaped or not. I hope he could.
>>
>>77957011
I still wonder what happened to the first Secret Seven that makes them all kill themselves and how Trigorn ended as a member of the team.
>>
>>77956936
Yes, they weren't any good at all, especially Project Superman.
>>
iirc Didio had been wanting to almost ever since he became EiC but Paul Levitz wouldn't let him. Once Levitz was out of the picture Didio seized the first opportunity he saw to put his plans to action.
>>
Honestly it didn't matter what it was. Once they decided to use it as a vehicle for the reboot it was already ruined. It was originally supposed to be part of the build up in Johns's second Flash run. Basically the equivalent of SCW.

Maybe it's not a bad story in itself, but it's not what anyone wanted.
>>
>>77956761

It was originally intended to just be a Flash storyline, and then editorial decided to shove in the reboot and make it a line-wide thing.
>>
iz goood
>>
>>77953981
I still don't get how Eobard can change the timeline without any negative repercussion outside of the ones that he desired when he killed Barry's mom and made Barry's childhood miserable, yet Barry makes one change and everything goes nuts, that is the kinda shit that ruined this event for me
>>
>>77956936
Citizen Cold was such a goddamn mess it was embarrassing.
>>
>>77959490
And how is Barry saving his mom even supposed to be a dangerous changing of the past? It was a time traveler that killed her!
>>
>>77959865
>Cold ends up as an antihero
>actually more morally abhorrent than criminal Cold

bravo DC
>>
>>77953981
I liked it as a story.
VERY 'Johns' tho.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.