[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Pixar in decline?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Luxo-Logo.jpg (15KB, 432x242px) Image search: [Google]
Luxo-Logo.jpg
15KB, 432x242px
Is Pixar in decline?
>>
no.
>>
>>77950409
Yes and have been for half a decade
>>
The last movie from them I actively wanted to see was The Incredibles and the last one I actually did see was Up, so I'd say yes.
>>
File: Kuroko I give up.png (10KB, 228x308px) Image search: [Google]
Kuroko I give up.png
10KB, 228x308px
>everything after Wall-E has been forgettable trash
>>
>>77950409
Yes, but every movie they were putting out had perfect scores from critics and were making nearly billions of dollars (Toy Story 3 broke a billion).
There's no way to go but down.
>>
>>77951470
Toy Story 3 was alright.
>>
Obviously, yes. But that doesn't mean they won't come out with any more "great" movies. As long as they have people like Doctor making movies for them, they'll pump out some truly great stuff every now and then (see Inside Out).
>>
>>77951470
Up was great though

>le only first five minutes was good

Fuck off you have shit taste if you think that.
>>
how was the Good Dinosaur? I don't have a whole lot of interest in seeing it.

Inside Out was cliche and boring as fuck
>>
>>77950409
Pixar produces movies slowly enough that it's hard to tell if they are declining, bottoming out or have just a series of lower quality films.
Also expecting them to maintain the quality they consistently delivered in the first 15 years indefinitely is absurd.
>>
>>77955110
It's the blandest movie pixar has ever made by miles. It's slightly better than Cars 2 but that's mostly because it's so insubstantial that there's little to be offended by.
There's one or two scenes that are maybe 8/10 but the movie as a whole is 5/10 or less
>>
>>77955110
It's bland and harmless
>>
>>77955110
It's not bad but it's just boring
Inside out is better, so if you didn't like that one....yikes
>>
>>77950409

No
>>
>>77951396

Wanting to do something or not isn't a measure of quality.
>>
>>77954827
What did you like about it? The obnoxious little asian boy, grumpy old man or perhaps even one of the generic CGI animal companion characters?
>>
>>77956758

Christ stop browsing the internet.
>>
They were, but then they released Inside out.

Haven't seen TGD yet though.
>>
>>77956758
Not the same anon but I liked the dog jokes
You have to admit the part when they ride the mini planes is pretty charming, at least.
The ending left me happy, yet a little sad as well. That's the first and only movie that ever made me feel like that.
>>
>>77951396
>I haven't seen any of their recent films but still feel like I have a valid opinion regarding whether their movies are bad or not

>>77955110
>a world where Inside Out is cliche and boring as fuck
I want to find out what world you live in because it sounds great.

>>77955255
>one movie a year
>slow production
that sounds like a lot to me

>>77955110
The Good Dinosaur is cute but it is a tamer Pixar effort. Think A Bug's Life or Cars: okay plots strung together by a great sense of visual flair and technical achievement and characters that aren't breaking new ground but are well rounded and charming in their own right.

Anyway, I'd argue that Pixar is not in a decline. Even early on they had films that were just kind of okay, like A Bug's Life, and nowadays they still have films that are just kind of okay. I guess they have more "okay" films now than they did before, and in that sense they could be in a decline, but its not like its turned to shit by any means. I'd like to see them turn their once a year schedule to 1.5 year release schedule, give each film a little more time: too many films recently have had director/staff changes because of production problems, and I think it would be better if they just gave them a bit more time to develop an idea instead of just moving it right along.
>>
Inside Out was what I expect from Pixar, even if I didn't care much for the movie itself. Brave, Cars 2, Monsters University, and Good Dinosaur were all mediocre-to-bad. Brave and Good Dinosaur both had a lot of potential that got due to changing hands. Monsters U was good for what it was, but could have been a lot better. Cars 2 feels like a DTV Mater's Tall Tales movie that somehow escalated into a major film.
>>
>>77955110

Inside Out was their best film since Toy Story 3. What are you smoking, son?
>>
File: 1449348360850.png (166KB, 346x352px) Image search: [Google]
1449348360850.png
166KB, 346x352px
>>77954732

>Inside Out
>great
>>
>>77956807
I agree that pixar is not in decline in any way, but I think they need more movies with original ideas. Inside out was great in concept, but the execution was kind of rough.
The only pixar sequels I really liked were the toy story ones.
>>
>>77951396
Haven't seen any of their movies in years and yet somehow you can still be a judge of their current quality?
>>
>>77956758

I liked all of those things. Also tacking "CGI" on there like it's a bad thing in a Pixar movie is retarded. Up was a great movie.
>>
>>77950409
Disney in general seems to have been degenerating fairly gradually for decades; it's just taken a while to spread to Pixar.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.