[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Is this bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 471
Thread images: 46

File: doomsday.jpg (150KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
doomsday.jpg
150KB, 1920x1080px
Is this bad?
>>
I'd fuck it.
>>
Head looks too human. He needs a bigger mouth and larger teeth.
>>
It's bad that they showed it in the trailer.
>>
File: ac_cv901.jpg (579KB, 1028x1600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ac_cv901.jpg
579KB, 1028x1600px
No, he looks exactly as he should just with way less spikes... which is not a good change, but its not a billionth as bad a alternation as say... Doom in the newest f4 movie.
>>
this should have been a surprise, beause now we know its isnt bvs, its bs&w having a disagreement then v this guy
>>
nah, he looks pretty nice. I thought they werent making anymore Hulk movies? Kinda wish they didnt reuse Abomination.
>>
Doomsday is a garbage "character". The fact that people are mad on its behalf is hilarious.
>>
>>77935265
At least it stops people from stupidly saying the whole movie will have Bats and Supes as ennemies.
>>
>>77935294
didnt we always know that ever since the subtitle dawn of justice was revealed?
>>
are they making a new Lord of the Rings movie?
>>
>>77935220
who's this supposed to be, croc?
>>
It's acceptable. The cocks who say he looks like Abomination have got it backwards, MCU Abomination looks like Doomsday. Real Abomination is green with fins.

Could use more spikes but various scoopers are saying he grows them.
>>
>>77935301
You don't understand! He's a feminsim icon!
>>
>>77935220
Looks like the Fifth Ninja Turtle
>>
>>77935283
>way less spikes... which is not a good change
I can't agree with that "I got spikes everywhere because I'm evil" is some lazy-ass design tool.
>>
>>77935294

They probably leaked knowing people were more likely to show up if the movie wasn't just Bats vs Supes.
>>
>>77935329
the nigga turtle
>>
>>77935318
yeah but now it isn't a mystery as to how they come together. we know what will do it so it undermines the conflict they have and just need to wait it out until this part happens
>>
>>77935283

The Superman family looks so big here...

They're not really as utilized as the Batfamily huh? It just kind of hit me that boy and girl are the only two that ever really get any attention.
>>
alright, if I'm reading the trailer correctly, Lex takes the remains of Zod and either uses his kryptonian DNA to lab grow his own monster or weird science Zod back to life as FrankenDoomsday, am I far off in this assumption?
Because if there's a third option that's less shit than those two I'd love to hear it
>>
The complete lack of spikes on his jaw is a crime against humanity, they were his most unique feature, without them he looks exactly like Abomination on that shitty hulk movie.
>>
>>77935337
Its not a design tool, its just the fucking characters iconic fucking look.
Now he looks like every generic ogre ever.
>>
>>77935351

Not really. We just know they fight Doomsday together. This could be after a battle with Luthor's power suit that brings them together or maybe they stop and save some kids from a burning building.
>>
>>77935351
It was never much of a mystery anyhow

- Wonder Woman was standing in the middle of some big-ass destruction
- Luthor is involved
- Zod's body is involved
- Shannon said he did mocap work and joked about flippers
>>
We need a complete and total film industry MORATORIUM on CGI trollish grey / brown punch monsters. I don't give a fuck if it's supposed to be Doomsday, it's awful. Just because you CAN create giant CGI monsters for your heroes to punch in "climatic" battle finales, it doesn't mean you should.
>>
>>77935412
other than Steel, Cyborg Superman is a villain and Eradicator is either dead or bad to facilitate some plot device before dying
>>
>>77935414
But why would that be shit, Doomsday has no character, he is a animal, he has no personality beyond destroy shit, this gives him pathos.
>>
>>77935220
I'm not sure if you really can see Michael Shannon's face there or if it's just self-suggestion.
>>
It looks like Abomination from the Incredible Hulk.

Also, it's about on the same level of CGI too, which is not good.
>>
>>77935427
>without them he looks exactly like Abomination on that shitty hulk movie.
Agreed on the resemblance but there was nothing really wrong with that film.
>>
>>77935457
Why would they go for power suit Luthor in this film? Now that's rushing it. That's for JLA part 2 if ever.
>>
>>77935431
I'm saying that iconic look is a shit design.
But yes, this design is very generic.
>>
>>77935220
i like that zod morphed into doomsday, but he could use WAY more bones and horns
>>
Since they are going for a "realistic" approach, what's the explanation for people being unable to recognize Clark on his costume?
>>
>>77935485
>>77935324
>>
>>77935502

That's rushing it? A movie featuring a small part for nearly every Justice League member can't feature a wacky power suit because it's rushing it?

I mean I doubt it's going to happen but it's not like we know at the moment. There's enough material to make two movies. Who knows what's going to happen.
>>
>>77935485
Wasn't it the one with the hulk dogs?
>>
File: Infinite_facepalm.gif (355KB, 676x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Infinite_facepalm.gif
355KB, 676x480px
>>77935485

Why do nerds like you keep on forgetting that Doomsday is basically like hulk on steroids and got bones sticking out of him.
>>
>>77935457
>Not really. We just know they fight Doomsday together
Come the fuck on. You know this is the final big battle of the movie
>>
>>77935283
>way less spikes
Fewer.
>>
>>77935562
No, Hulk Dogs were in the Ang Lee one
>>
>>77935526
>realistic

Not anymore. Man, just fuck MOS, it wasn't a good foundation for a universe. If only Green Lantern had been better.
>>
>>77935526
Psychology, "Superman doesn't wear a mask, why would he pretend to be this lame ass new guy at the daily planet."

Most people would see Clark and just think he looks a lot like Superman. Like people who look like celebrities.
>>
>>77935220
He looks like a Bay Turtle

kek and actually posing like that it looks like they used the motion capture from Abomination and redid the CGI
>>
>>77935564
Yes, but then they even took the Spikes off him.

I'm not saying it's not true to the comics, but it's still kind of Garbage, much like Doomsday in general.

Honestly, they should have made Zombie Zod Bizarro instead.

Also, him looking like Doomsday has nothing to do with the fact that the CGI is still 2009 tier
>>
>>77935220
No [spoilers] but why are they putting him in thE SECOND MOVIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?
>>
Anyone remember what a HOLY FUCK moment it was when this guy bust through the door in Fellowship?

Now all I can is how boring as fuck this CGI punching Doomsday / Superman fight is gonna be. "Oh wow a building is falling... Oh wow boom boom boom sounds... Oh wow Superman has an angry face on... Oh wow a funny quip... Oh wow more punching... Is it over yet?"
>>
>>77935220

I've heard someone said it may be Parasite. They literally can't do Doomsday this early in the game.
>>
>>77935506
>I'm saying that iconic look is a shit design.
No its not, its terrifying.
>>
>>77935583
>just fuck MOS, it wasn't a good foundation for a universe
Correct... it was a fucking incredible foundation for the universe.
>>
>>77935645
the drums
>>
>>77935220
Is this actually supposed to be Doomsday or is that just what fans are calling him/assuming he is?
>>
>>77935220
No hair, don't care.
>>
>>77935732
He looks like Doomsday without spikes. Who else?
>>
>>77935732
He's either Doomsday or Monsterman.

What makes you think he's not Doomsday?
>>
>>77935474
you can
the same way you can see Ruffalo's face in the Hulk
same idea
>>
>>77935698
No
>>
>>77935298
>Kinda wish they didnt reuse Abomination.

Dude, you should fall on your knees and be happy that the mighty Blonsky is coming to be our Villain.

Because here is the simple truth: A Hero is measured by their Villain. A weak, shitty Villain can never raise up a great Hero.

So rejoice when we get one of the Greats, like Blonski....

Oh, wait, this is a fucking DC movie.

It's probably gonna stink on ice.
>>
>>77935639
He's usually just a mindless monster that's really hard to beat so its actually pretty understandable given they need a villain with enough threat that Supy, Batty, and Wondy need to team up, but doesn't need a huge amount of backstory, especially since act one and two are going to be Batman/Superman slash fic.
>>
File: 822-Doomsday-5.png (349KB, 853x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
822-Doomsday-5.png
349KB, 853x480px
Miss me yet?
>>
I don't love Doomsday being Zod's repurposed body. Really thought they were going for a Bizarro thing, which I would have loved.
>>
>>77935220
TWO BROTHERS!!!
>>
>>77935639
Because they need a villain that half the Justice League could fight.

The bigger question is why is the first DC sequel packed to the gills with so many goddamn heroes already?

The answer is that DC is desperately trying to get in on the trend before the bubble pops and they've been struggling. But instead of making several smaller good films first, like Suicide Squad, they're shoving the trinity together immediately. I get why batman might appear in the second movie, for story reasons, not just because Batman is the only hero people care about, but it looks like Wondie just comes out of nowhere.

I don't want to get into company wars bullshit, but you can't deny that Marvel has nearly a decade on DC in terms of Movie universes.
>>
>>77935839
He's a mutated Zodzarro.
>>
We'll get a Frozen type of scene where he roars and grows some proper spikes.
>>
>>77935307
Does anybody actually think this?
It's kind of hard to have a Justice League if you're constantly beating the shit out of each other.
>>
>>77935879
Frankenzodzarro
>>
Snyder read the comics, he knows what he's doing
The spikes grow as he gets hit to show he can "adapt"
I dont get why we have to keep repeating this
He put Supes saying that he could kill Bats if he wanted to in the trailer
so he has my trust
>>
>>77935872
Bruce knows Diana, possibly not as Wonder Woman

Aquaman is a cameo, Cyborg is probably not a cyborg yet
>>
>>77935904
>Does anybody actually think this?
It literally says Batman v. Superman
First trailer were Batman Vs. Superman

Normies think it's Batman Vs. Superman just like Civil War is Cap Vs Tony
>>
>>77935343

Really? I think that's gonna get people in seats way more than one of the ogres from the Hobbit movie with laser vision.
>>
>>77935904
Anyone who has read comics or watched Batman/Superman TAS and Justice League knew what was going to happen, the recent trailer just put everybody back on even footing and now comics nerds cant feel superior to the filthy casuals
>>
>>77935351
this. lets hope we will still get some surprises.
>>
>>77935879

That's fair. I just figured with the Batman unmasking scene that Bizarro was present. Also really hope they offer some explanation for the Clark/Kal distinction, because if they were planning on using the body language/style thing, it's a bit too late.

Oh, and I also don't like that Lex is a villain for the whole League before he has a personal relationship with Superman himself.
>>
>>77935958

Well I really can't say for everyone here, but I'd much rather see the classic "These two supers are gonna fight! who wins!?" and the answer being "Neither, they team up to fight the real enemy!"

Can't go wrong with a proven formula
>>
Sigh. They need the rock on his eyebrows and his jawline and, above all else, the long, white whisps of hair. Those were the dude's defining features. He looks almost exactly like Abomination from the Hulk movie now. In no way do I understand his inclusion in the film except that WB must have said to Snyder that Superman and Batman had to fight a big monster in the third act. Isn't a movie with Batman, Superman, Lex Luthor and Wonder Woman enough? Doomsday should have been saved for another Superman movie.
>>
Did Zod go into a coma to heal his neck?
>>
>>77936017
The unmasking is from a nightmare.

The desert costume has a toy named Knightmare Batman.
>>
>>77935220
Face looks a little too much like the cave trolls from the LOTR movies, but otherwise I'm alright with it. Looks like he shoots lasers out of his face too, which is neato. Read that he will become spikier as he progresses in the movie, so there's that as well. Cautiously optimistic for the movie, will reserve final judgement for when I actually go to see it.

My worry is that the movie is going to be full of quips and jokes similar to the Marvel movies. I'd rather that DC play it a little lighter on the comedy than Marvel has been doing. Jokes are fine, but they don't have to be crowbar'd in every second line.
>>
>>77935941
agreed. that line was great.
>>
>>77936067
Lex got his body and used some kinda reconstructed World Engine to create a Frankendoomszod
>>
>>77935220

No. He looks like a monster. What annoys me is when people say "He looks like a nija Turtle" because it isn't that Doomsday looks horrible it's that they made the turtles look like disgusting freaks
>>
>>77935624

That works for Clark because he doesn't look identical... For Cavill, he not only looks identical, but his job is basically to suck Superman's dick. People are gonna draw parallels. I'm guessing Wayne knows by the time they're having that discussion in the trailer.
>>
>>77935220
It's probably his first form.
He is presumed dead in BvS only to comeback stronger in JL
I like it. You guys need to stop nitpicking.
>>
>>77935485

It really doesn't look that similar
>>
>>77936185
They should have switched Clark and Superman's hairstyles

Cavill's Clark hair was alright but the receding hairline as Supes is slightly comical, so it fits Clark better.
>>
>>77935553

He's not saying that's rushing it because it's too comic booky or... Whatever stupid thing you're thinking. He's saying that's rushing it. As in doing something too early.
>>
>>77936223
Big grey CGI monsterman with spikes?
>>
>>77935567
>>77935567
>You know this is the final big battle of the movie

No, we don't. You just suspect it. Lex is going to have another trap after this
>>
>>77935485
>Marvel changes Abomination to look like Doomsday
>DC does comic accurate Doomsday
>people say theyre copying Abomination

Jesus Christ
>>
>>77935639

Because he's a mindless monster with no personality? Shit why is everybody mad anyway. Almost all the MCU movies have used their heroes biggest villain in the first film!
>>
>>77935301
I don't really think very many people are mad because they give a shit about Doomsday, but rather because this is a pathetically forgettable design. Like something from one of the goddamn Hobbit movies.

I mean, look at this. >>77935283 The spines at least form some kind of motif. He's got the huge pauldrons and the spines on his jaw look like a beard. Add that to the long white hair and he has a look that hints at intelligence.
>>
>>77935485
Who gives a shit if it doesn't look real enough, it's capeshit, nothing in them is real
>>
>>77935872

>First DC sequel

This isn't really a sequel... Man of Steel 2 is a separate movie that they're making. This is more like a Brave and the Bold movie.
>>
My problem is that even as a proto Doomsday he looks stupid.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (113KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
113KB, 1920x1080px
>>77935220
When did they hire Jackson?
>>
>>77936339
Doomsday is stupid in General.

Why not make him Bizarro and have Luther start building his LoE?
>>
>>77935220
looks like Abomination and Leonardo's love child.
>>
>>77935941

>Snyder reads the comics, he knows what he's doing

... Was exactly what I said after the trailers for Man of Steel came out. But aside from not being a good movie, it didn't even get Superman right. Stupid lying fucking trailers.
>>
>>77936042

Not many casuals know who Doomsday is bruh. They won't recognize him as the threat he is in the comics. If DC needs a big bad they're more likely to use Darkseid or Brainiac, who are much more recognizable from the cartoons back in the 2000's
>>
>>77936248

Well for one thing abomination doesn't really have spikes, just an exaggerated spine and he isn't even grey. He's curry shit brown
>>
>>77936223
yeah doomsday looks more like a ninja turtle
>>
>>77936422

No the ninja turtles look like Doomsday. Fuck Bay for what he did to the turtles
>>
>>77936042

>ugh le sigh
>>
>>77936071

I'd rather have Bizarro than a dream sequence, thank you very much. Unless Scarecrow is involved.
>>
>>77936409
People who lived through Death and Return of Superman know who he is bruh.

It was all over the news, DC even distributed black mourning armbands
>>
>>77935294
>s bs&w having a disagreement then v this guy
Did you neither know nor guess this? For fucks sake, it says "Dawn of Justice" on the title and Wonder Woman showed up in the first trailer fighting. You had to know they were going to team up to take on something for the climax unless you're retarded level slow.
>>
>>77936383
Doomsday is disposable, Bizarro is not

If they were to kill off one I'd go with Doomsday
>>
>>77936072

I wouldn't mind quips if it was done like The Man From U.N.C.L.E. movie. The Cavill/Hammer banter was insanely petty and I loved it.
>>
>>77936496

>It was on the news!

Most people don't even really understand whats happening in Syria right now! You think they remember some spiky cunt on the news 20 years ago?
>>
>>77936447
i'ts just the lack of spikes but i'm sure it will look better,i mean it has to right? RIGHT?
>>
>>77936214

I don't need to do anything, I'm an American.
>>
>>77936383
Doomsday gets shit for being a product of the worst the 90's had, but he can be made into at least a cool looking brainless killer.
>>
>>77936538
Man, Cavill is charming in that. It's a shame that he looks great in the part, but seems so clueless in MoS. in UNCLE he was awesome.
>>
>>77936299

I've also always loved the spikes that cover his eye sockets.
>>
File: 1427122859941.jpg (26KB, 550x336px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1427122859941.jpg
26KB, 550x336px
>>77935574
>>
>>77936580

That tie doesn't go with that suit.
>>
>>77935220

There is no fucking way this is Doomsday. This has to be Bizarro. Bizarro was a Zod clone and since they showed Zod's body. boom, Bizarro, not fucking Doomsday.
>>
>>77935891
Word is he reactively adapts as he takes damage and grows more powerful/spiky as the fight progresses. Image above is basically fresh out the tube Doomsday.
>>
>>77936688

If you mean in the comics, Bizarro is traditionally a clone of Kal-El... When he is a clone, at least. I've always liked Bizarro World the best.
>>
>>77936574
>he can be made into at least a cool looking brainless killer
But why make him a mindless killer? He actually has decent motivation for hating Superman and expanding on that could be interesting.

Make him a slightly more intelligent Bizarro who is subservient to Luthor because Luthor promises that he can save Krypton or something.

>>77936522
You don't have to kill him, just have Luthor tell him to retreat for now. Have him fly off into Space and Clark, and the world, fearful of his possible return.
>>
>>77936731
I liked it when we was a clone who got Bizarro World.
Gives him something to think about.
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 710x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 710x900px
>>77936072
>Face looks a little too much like the cave trolls from the LOTR movies
Why do you have to say such hurtful things about Michael Shannon's face?
Though I love the guy, Shannon does look a little cave troll-like.
>>
>>77936291
At this rate I think people complaining about Darkseid ripping off Thanos isn't so unlikely anymore.
>>
>>77935283
>bones directly in front of the eyes
Wow, that must be painful.
>>
>>77936743

>Zod subservient to Luthor for any reason

Bro, did you actually watch the movie? I won't blame you if you didn't, it sucked, but if you really think Shannon's Zod would ever be like "yeah, okay, human, whatever you say," you either didn't watch it or were high on mescaline when you did.
>>
>>77936743
>>77936743
>But why make him a mindless killer? He actually has decent motivation for hating Superman and expanding on that could be interesting.


This could very well happen. DCAU Doomsday wasn't mindless. He just really fucking hated Superman. What if Superman stops Doomsday by lobotomizing him again? Ho do you think casuals will like that?
>>
Mr. Facebook Luthor kid tries to clone Zod.

During the cloning process, he accidentally drops a toad.

New Kryptonian/Toad hybrid is too stupid to be controlled.

Wonder Woman's nipples stiffen at the sense of trouble, so she flies away to save Bat-Affleck's smug face.

Bat-Affleck helps Man of Murder by shooting the monster's brains out.

END
>>
Nobody cares about Batman using guns?
>>
>>77937047
>never read a comic book before
lel
>>
>>77937019

>New Kryptonian/Toad hybrid is too stupid to be controlled.

Life finds a way.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 2500x1275px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 2500x1275px
What the fuck is with all these people saying they're throwing in Doomsday way too early or that it should have a bigger role and focus simply because he killed Superman in the 90s? There is absolutely nothing wrong with how they set up Doomsday. Doomsday is a mook that just runs around destroying stuff and killing superheros in his way. He has no personality and no character development is necessary. They need something physically strong enough that would necessitate Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman and Aquaman teaming up to form the Justice League for the greater good. That's right up Doomsday's alley and the best use for him. The introduction is even just like the comics, where Lex does one of his many Frankenstein jobs to make a Doomsday from Kryptonian DNA. People that think he should be saved for something bigger know shit about the character.
>>
>>77937047

No because he's used guns in everything I've seen him in from Comics, cartoons and movies
>>
>>77937120
>What the fuck is with all these people saying they're throwing in Doomsday way too early or that it should have a bigger role and focus simply because he killed Superman in the 90s?

Retards, literally retards. Captain America used Red Skull in their first movie and Thor used Loki. The biggest enemies they have. Doomsday is just some rampaging faggot
>>
File: 1442624352763.jpg (19KB, 540x380px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442624352763.jpg
19KB, 540x380px
>gluing rocks to a live-action teenage mutant ninja turtle

quit fucking with me guys, what does BvS Doomday look like?
>>
>>77935645
>Anyone remember what a HOLY FUCK moment it was when this guy bust through the door in Fellowship?

No because they showed it in the trailer you dumb fucking goob.
>>
>>77937169

Like beta Doomsday. It's those turtles that looked bad
>>
>>77935872
>The bigger question is why is the first DC sequel packed to the gills with so many goddamn heroes already?

3 heroes is many to you?
>>
>>77935220
That looks like an uglier version of Abomination in that scene when Hulk lands int he crater and screams to get Abomination's attention, so he throws a soldier and dramatically shouts Hulk's name while turning.
>>
>>77936072
>My worry is that the movie is going to be full of quips and jokes similar to the Marvel movies.

I can't believe you fags actually think this. Do you suddenly think the tone from the first 3 trailers/teasers is now gone because Superman and Batman had a little banter going on? The dumbassery of this place is baffling.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJmRLOuAhtQ

BATMAN WOULD NEVER USE A GUN
>>
>>77936291
Marvel didn't change Abomination to look more like Doomsday. If you watched the BtS, they said they spent a long time designing him because the way Blonsky transformed, they wanted it to look like he was exploding out of his body. Being a fish man would have made even less sense than the Hulk in general and definitely would not have fit in the MCU that was being presented at the time.
>>
>This giant humanoid monster looks like this other giant humanoid monster

Wow, no shit
>>
>>77937047
Do you seriously think that's a real gun that shoots fucking bullets? It's one of his many gadgets so he isn't completely useless in the fight. Like, it's seriously mind boggling how stupid you people are that are asking these questions.
>>
File: Dr. Who - 0057.jpg (23KB, 431x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Dr. Who - 0057.jpg
23KB, 431x300px
>>77935705

Did somebody say drums?
>>
>>77937304
Doomsday looks like Abomination, BayTurtles, AND the LoTR troll. None of those three look like each other.

Doomsday is the most generic and therefore most shit design.
>>
>>77937480
>Doomsday looks like Abomination, BayTurtles, AND the LoTR troll. None of those three look like each other.

That makes no sense.
>>
>>77937480

>Doomsday is a worse design than the bay turtles

Yeah, nah. You're a complete cunt if you actually believe this
>>
>>77935220
No it's good.

Doomsday, but you can almost make out Zods face in him.
>>
>>77935220
>>
>>77935427
What part of he evolves throughout the fight have you not picked up?

>but the spoilers are fake
No, they are not. Yes, my dad works at nintendo and I've seen screens from the movie. Trust me, jokes aside, he changes a bit and get more facial, chest, shoulder, knuckle, and forearm spikes.
>>
>>77937283
Wow thanks anon. This was great and hypercrisis as all hell. Could never quite get into BatB.
>>
>>77937771
does he turn blue and runs really fast after that?
>>
>>77937771
Can the Doomsday toy get leaked already so that we can put this shit to rest?
>>
>>77937771
The trailer itself supports this. There's one shot of Doomsday where her didn't have spikes (the face laser scene), but there's another shot of him (OP's pic) where he does have spikes.
>>
>>77937709
Yes, Yes, it's quite hilarious that one giant CG creature with facial mocap shows similarities to another CG creature from different movie, how do you come up with all of these breakthroughs? This is fucking Ivan Ooze with Apocalypse all over again.
>>
>>77937283

How strange that Beware the Batman was CGI.
>>
>>77936874
>I won't blame you if you didn't, it sucked, but if you really think Shannon's Zod would ever be like "yeah, okay, human, whatever you say
But he wouldn't be Zod returned.

He'd be dumb, but not mindless. Like a Brute who's driven by an innate hatred for superman he's no longer capable of understanding.
>>
>>77935283
>implying Kara can be beaten by Doomsday
>She beat up Superman-Doomsday

oh wait, this pre-new 52? never mind then.
>>
>>77935283
Well Doomsday's whole trick is his body adapting to better survive and kill. In the comics he was introduced in some weird suit, punching a wall at the end of every issue. Each time his glove is tearing away and bone shards forming on his knuckles.

I'd say this is him at an early stage and he'll get more armored as the movie processes.
>>
>>77935220
it looks pretty bad but I could see them going the evolution from regeneration route, just because of how featureless he is with the stubs of his spikes.
>>
>>77935220
is it because BABY WE GOT BAD BLOOD~
>>
>cheekbones
>>
File: doomsturtle.jpg (179KB, 640x263px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
doomsturtle.jpg
179KB, 640x263px
>>
I think they just ditched the spikes after seeing how bad it looked on Smallville and doing some of their own tests. Somethings just clash on screen but work on the page. That said he still should have a /little/ more exposed spikes to make him recognizable.
>>
>>77935220
When I saw the trailer, it took me a minute to figure out that it was Doomsday. I didn't register those nubs as spikes, and my mind went straight to Solomon Grundy.
>>
File: Superman-TMOS-018.jpg (1MB, 1000x1543px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Superman-TMOS-018.jpg
1MB, 1000x1543px
Remember when Doomsday was a guy in a suit?
>>
>>77935220
No not really. But Eisenberg as luthor is, eww
>>
>>77935220
Everyone I have seen said that it looks identical to Abomination from the Hulk.
I hope this is an early look since the movie is in post-production right now, so they can still fix it.
>>77935283
No offense, but spikes around his head that give him "bearded" appearance is entire POINT of Doomsday's design. Without it he's just a generic gray monster.
>>
>>77936291
Comic-accurate except without ALL THE FUCKING SPIKES, you mean, and looking like a generic ogre-like creature.
So not accurate at all.
>>
>>77938794

It can look good if it isn't a fat guy in a shitty rubber suit.

Also

>implying anyone at Warner Bros. still cares about Smallville enough to let it shape their decision-making
>>
File: Capture.jpg (110KB, 1631x679px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Capture.jpg
110KB, 1631x679px
Don't feel like making a new thread, there's already enough shitposting as it is.

There's a theory going around that this isn't a dream, but a vision from the Gods of a fucked up future if Batman and Superman go to war with each other, causing the invasion of Darkseid(parademons, maybe a boom tube in the sky depending on how you look at it), which is why Wonder Woman shows up - to stop them from fighting and instead work together.
>>
>>77935220
Why would you take away the chin spikes when they're like, his defining visual feature?

I'd be like if the Batman costume had no ears.
>>
>>77935220
It's less shitty that Doomsday's normal design (Hulk with a bunch of spikes that look absent-mindedly tacked-on), but diverged from it more than they needed to.
>>
>>77939379

God damn, if it had just had the bone beard it would have looked 100% better.
>>
>>77935427
You mean exactly like a cave troll from LOTR.
>>
>>77939744
>>77939379
Still placing my bets on him looking like that at the end of the movie.
>>
>>77939744
He's gonna grow spikes throughout the fight, relax.

>waah they revealed too much, but they should have shown his final form
>>
>>77936297
This. Doomsday works great as a threat they can unite against because he's a big enough threat but not interesting enough to get his own movie.
>>
>>77935283
maybe its cuz I'm partially drunk and tired, but is it just me or does Doomsday look super huggable in this pic? Like you just want him to give you a big bear hug?
>>
>>77939792
source?
>>
>>77939792


Okay, Mr. Snyder. Thanks for letting me know.
>>
>>77939833
The comic books
>>
File: 1449144417690.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449144417690.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>77935220
>>
>>77939853

>we will have to deal with this terrible meme for weeks just like the Ivan Ooze memes

I bet the same fucking people made the pictures too. Not to mention he looks nothing like the Bayturtles. If anything, he looks like the troll from Fellowship of the Ring.
>>
>>77939852
So none, then.
Stop claiming to know what's going to happen in a movie that isn't out yet.
>>
>>77939833
Source is to stop being a fucking scrub and do some research.
>>77938933
>>77938606
>>
File: peasant.png (244KB, 500x499px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
peasant.png
244KB, 500x499px
>>77939852

>using the comic books as a source for something happening in a comic book movie
>>
File: 1449160045240.png (470KB, 594x468px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449160045240.png
470KB, 594x468px
>>77939885
You will
>>
>>77939852
>>77939905

Yeah, and the Mandarin wields the power of ten magical rings, the Purple Man has purple skin, Yellowjacket is Hank Pym's split personality, Klaw is German, and Ultron was made by Hank Pym.

So how's that "using comic books to justify something happening in the films" working out so far, anon?
>>
>>77939911
>>77940010
What is it with Movies and people refusing to respect and utilize the fucking source material?

It's like they take some sort of deranged pride in having no idea what the fuck they're making a movie out of.
>>
>>77940010
>>77939911
Some things don't make it to film but most do. I'd think Doomsday's most basic trait has more chance of getting in than magical rings and weird skin colors.
>>
>>77940066
It's almost like it's an adaptation and not a 1:1 carbon copy. Have you never seen a film adaptation of a novel before? They always take liberties where needed. Comics are no different.
>>
File: Goron_Artwork.png (2MB, 1837x1747px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Goron_Artwork.png
2MB, 1837x1747px
>>77935220
>>77939853
>No, No! No, Woh! Chill! It's just a mask see? Don't freak out. Right?
>>
>>77939833
Back when the Comic Con trailer came out there was a Japanese version of it where they showed a slightly extended clip of when Wonder Woman gets pushed back into that wall and you can see white spikes poking in from outside of the frame.
>>
>>77940116

Purple Man's literally called the Purple Man because of his skin color.

The Mandarin's defining characteristic is his magic rings.

Seriously anon?
>>
>>77940116

How is that one aspect of his powers more basic than Mandarin's rings, which are literally all of his powers, or Zebediah's skin? I think it will make it into the movie, but it is definitely a more complicated aspect of Doomsday than either the examples you said.
>>
>>77940132

It usually sucks when they do it to lit books, too.
>>
Why am I in this movie?
>>
>>77940251
because Warner Bros is desperate to catch up with Marvel's success with Avengers by rushing Justice League so they're shoehorning her and Aquafag into this.
>>
>>77940238

It's like you've never seen a Kubrick film.
>>
>>77935283
God damn that Kara is sexy
>>
File: Yawning[1].jpg (19KB, 368x350px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Yawning[1].jpg
19KB, 368x350px
>>77940283
>it's this guy again
>>
>>77940310
>Stephen King is still butt-blasted that the Shining movie is better than his book
cracks me up every time I'm reminded of it
>>
>>77940312
Rocafort makes literally everyone look sexy.
>>
>>77940251
because you have a solo movie next year
>>
>>77940310

It's like I said usually, you God damn illiterate, drooling, fucking retard. I'm sorry to be rude, but God damn it, man, fucking reading comprehension. This is not elementary school, you better know what fucking 'usually' means.
>>
>>77940251

Warner are so don't think a Wonder Woman movie would be successful that they think if they rub Batman and Superman on her maybe people will be interested. Her movie will still probably bomb because it will be garbage and i don't think DC can actually make good Wonder Woman movie at all.
>>
>>77940347

King is upset because The Shining was a very personal book for him and the specific changes Kubrick made were basically opposite of the stuff that King was putting into the film. He's too upset about how the message has changed to think of the quality of the film.
>>
>>77940396

Well they already ruined her design with the "serious" superhero look
>>
>>77940385
>usually
>a good portion of the greatest films ever are adaptations of books

Eat shit, guy.
>>
>>77940429
She's wearing literally the same thing in Justice League right now.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 822x183px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 822x183px
This just reminds me why I left /co/, you fags are seriously pathetic, you all claim to be fans of comics yet get surprised and throw hissy fits like fucking casual autists. ZACK SNYDER KNOWS HIS SHIT WITH COMICS, DOOMSDAY WILL EVOLVE. Now if your complaining about his reveal then that's a whole other story....
>>
>>77940347
King liked the Mist movie and admitted it was better than his version.
>>
>>77940472

I'd like to point out again, after Man of Steel came out, "Zack Snyder knows his comics" is not something that has any weight behind it.
>>
>>77939654
>>77939290
>>
>>77940396
Your ideas are as bad as your typing
>>
>>77940472

>knows his shit
>Doomsday is a Frankenzod made by Lex Luthor Jr.


Bravo, Snyder.
>>
>>77940436

Just because it's a good or even great movie doesn't mean it's better than or as good as the book. And what films do you consider the greatest of all time? Off the top of my head, Wizard of Oz is the only one based on anything, but I am high.
>>
>>77940220
>>77940221
And both would look silly in their settings, so they changed it. :)

Doomsday's setting is being a monster that gets stronger the more he's hit. There is no reason for him not to grow bone armor to represent that.
>>
>>77940513

If anyone was gonna be on Earth, I'd want it to be GLORIOUS GODFREY! He is the Revelation!
>>
>>77936857
He is quite a burly fellow.
>>
File: Cg4jAtZ.jpg (75KB, 473x725px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Cg4jAtZ.jpg
75KB, 473x725px
>>77935220

I'm honestly surprised they went with such an obscure villain.
>>
>>77940495
>another "Muh Superman" argument
Jesus Christ, manchildren MOVE ON. Also my case isn't about MOS, it's about Zack knowing comics in general, your talking about the same guy that did a CBM almost so faithfully that people got pissed at him for it. You really think that SAME guy looked at Doomsday in comics, and then just halfassed it when it was time for the movie? Shut up anon. I honestly cannot wait to see /co/ to eat its words once the movie comes out. Your welcome to laugh all you want but remember I'll have my laugh in March too.
>>
>>77940385
It's still not true though. There are loads of movies like Wizard of Oz and A Clockwork Orange that people don't even think twice about when talking shit about adaptations. There's also stuff like Die Hard that's based on genre-trash and comes out golden despite the shit source material.
>>
>>77940495

Thanks for proving you don't read comics.
>>
>>77940556

I don't think having rings on his finger would've looked very silly... And they could have made Purple Man serious and purple with some effort. But what makes you think because he gets stronger as he fights they're gonna want to add in those goofy, tacky spikes everywhere? :) :D :/ :}
>>
Why didn't you react like normal fan? Why are you a shit that is whiny about everything? No one likes seeing movies with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa6qouRw7tw
>>
>>77940238
>It usually sucks
>>77940537
>Just because it's a good or even great movie doesn't mean it 's better than or as good as the book
oh no the goalposts are gone
>>
>>77936846
Its gonna happen.
>>
>>77940593

Sorry, I'm gonna base my hesitance on the movie that this is in the same universe as that came out more recently, as opposed to Watchmen. And he definitely half-assed that one.
>>
>>77938237
Masaccio Doomsday is pretty funny, I agree.
>>
>>77940650

It sucks as in it is not as enjoyable and it's frustrating as someone who knows the book to see the symbolism, actions, characterization, what have you that didn't make it into the film, not that the film necessarily sucks. I know not every book adaption is Eragon.
>>
>>77940472
If you left /co/ why are you still here?

If Snyder is comic book savvy why did he fuck up Superman so much?
>>
>>77940631
Because I'm not a fan, I just happen to enjoy superhero stuff sometimes. Staying critical about something is pretty easy when you're not drinking the capeshit coolaid enough to think any of it's going to be good.
>>
>>77940744
Please don't respond to pasta
>>
>>77935283
It is literally Doom-tier redesign though
>>
>>77940537
The Godfather for one, which is usually up there in the top 5 greatest films ever made.

Then there's stuff like:
To Kill a Mockingbird
Dr Zhivago
Silence of the Lambs
2001
Blade Runner
Apocalypse Now
All Quiet on the Western Front
One Flew Over the Kekoo's Nest

Even recent good/great movies like:
Fight Club
American Psycho
LA Confidential
No Country for Old Men
There Will Be Blood


That's just the tip of the iceberg, there's so many great movies based on books it's not even funny.
>>
>>77940593
>same guy that did a CBM almost so faithfully that people got pissed at him for it
are you talking about watchmen? because that was only faithful on the surface
the tone was way off
>>
>>77940801

I guess that's mostly stuff I consider "classics," but not necessarily "greatest of all time..." Come to think of it, though, I don't know what movies I would consider the greatest of all time. I guess I should think about that before getting involved in discussion about it. I did not know American Psycho was based on a book, though!
>>
>>77940815

Why, whatever could you be talking about?
>>
>>77940674
>And he definitely half-assed that one.
Dude fucking what?

Go do some research about the making of that movie. He was meticulous as hell while making it and had the comic with him on set at all times. If it wasn't for him you would have gotten Watchmen set in modern day with Adrian as a clear villain who is killed by Nite Owl at the end because the studio didn't want shades of grey. The fact that it was as faithful as it was is because of him fighting with the studio to keep as much as he could.
>>
man why wasn't glorfindel in the lord of the rings movies
>>
>>77940801
I want to read Oil! but TWBB was just so boring.
>>
>>77940845

I meant he half-assed the recent one. As in Man of Steel. Because it sucked.

Also

>with Adrian as a clear villain

He definitely was. From the moment he appeared, 'oh that guy's fucking evil.'
>>
>>77935220
From the catalog/thumbnail I thought this was Abomination in TIH.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coOXTdKqFSw
>>
>>77940869
Not really, he was just a smug asshole, but they also made him seem sympathetic when he finally saw his plan come to fruition and that he stopped nuclear war from happening.

And all of Man of Steel's faults are on Goyer. He tried to write Superman Begins.
>>
>>77940918
>that one guy in a full Batman costume
lol
>>
>>77940347

It wasn't better. The movie characters are one dimensional and shit
>>
>>77940631
>>77940918
>the fact that people make reaction videos to fucking movie trailers and people watch them
>making a collage of reaction videos

What has this world come to?
>>
You know often a redesign is fine when you can look at it and still immediately identify the character. And it's been said before, Doomsday will evolve over the course of the fight, so he very we'll may grow more spikes/bone armor by the film's end.
>>
>>77940996
You know how sometimes you see a little anime girl on the /vg/ catalog and it looks like Aquaman? That happened to me today.
>>
>>77940996

Well you know often just because I can recognize a character is a character that doesn't mean it's not fucking shit. You're welcome to think it's fine, but stop fucking telling me what my opinion of Uruk the Rock Troll should be.
>>
>>77935220
>bringing out such a big gun so early in this fuckawful desperate franchise

Yes it really fucking is bad. Is darkseid gonna be in suicide squad to top this?
I'm just thinking of the sheer number of movies it took the mcu to give Thanos actual screentime.
>>
>>77941045
The fact that Thanos has done nothing but sit in his chair for 12 movies is fucking pathetic.
>>
*sigh* Seems like Zack and Affleck will have to BTFO /co/ for the second time...
>>
>>77941036
Whoa hey I wasn't implying you or anyone was wrong to dislike it, because I totally understand why. As it stands right now, yeah he does look like a friggin LOTR troll. I was merely stating he may look better as the film progresses.
>>
>>77941045
>I'm just thinking of the sheer number of movies it took the mcu to give Thanos actual screentime.

and they ruined him, all dat build up for nothing... same with Mandarin
>>
>>77941045

If you're upset Doomsday is in this, you should be more upset Lex Luthor is in it, since he's, you know, Superman's actual nemesis and it's not even a Superman movie. And you know Joker is gonna be in Suicide Squad, right? Batman won't be. Also, I don't think DC is planning on killing everyone with a bad thought that's on the big screen like Marvel has so far.
>>
>>77936402
Tell me what you disliked about it instead of just resorting to meme complaints.
>>
>>77941083

Second time? Are you implying MoS blew anyone out? Because I went to that movie with all the hope and childlike optimism of a suburban teenager being offered weed for the first time and I was crushed. Plus, Affleck wasn't even involved with that mess.
>>
>>77941126

nice meme!
>>
>>77941099
>Batman won't be
Yes he is
>>
>>77941094
>they ruined him
how so
>>
>>77941107

Do you know what a meme is? And I disliked pretty much everything about it except for the visuals and the score. The visuals were solid as Hell - the laser vision, the way everything shook as he prepared to fly, the way you could almost FEEL the impact... But at least 60% of the dialogue was absolute trash and 100% of the characters were thoroughly unlikable, except I guess Faora, only because she never talked about anything except getting shit done, which was nice to see. Also, fuck you, I don't have to justify what I think to you, you twat.
>>
>>77941152

His whole plan is to get the gems. He gave one to Loki, who lost it. He sent Ronan after another one, who then stole it and told him to go fuck himself and then lost it also. Now it's implied he's somehow involved in whatever Ultron was doing, which was another complete disaster. He's been shown as nothing but an incompetent fuck up that no one respects.
>>
>>77941147

In Suicide Squad? He is? Fuck, I didn't know that. What's he gonna do in it?

>>77941143

I wish actually knowing what a meme was was a requirement for being on social media
>>
>>77941191
>Also, fuck you, I don't have to justify what I think to you, you twat
while i agree with your assessment of man of steel and disagree with the other dude about most things, this was a stupid statement
explaining your reasoning is key to any actual discussion
>>
>>77941126
>HURR DURR BEN AFFLECK WORST BATMAN EVERR!!!!

This was /co/ 2 years ago, doing exactly as you are right now, bitching about your opinions packed with assumptions without any context to go off of.

Anyway, I remember I told people that Ben would be great but you guys swore up and down you guys would hate him in the role, so convincing you guys right now is a waste of breath. I'll come back in March so we can all talk bout how much we loved the movie.
>>
>>77941094
Thanos hasn't had much of anything, and what he has had was him doing what he's always doing telling people what to do then threating a creative death to impress his waifu.

> same with Mandarin

That shit gets a pass for being the funniest goddamn twist ever. Almost makes me want to go back and watch all of Kingsly's pre-release interviews.
>>
>>77941219

> posts a meme
> gets called out
> "I-I'm not memeing stupid heads!"
>>
>>77941219
last i heard rumour was that batman's part will mainly be in a flashback or something

but that is old info and just rumour anyway

he's definitely in though, just probably not in a large role
>>
Would have been so much better as a huge twist. It was dumb to show it in a trailer.

Also it looks kinda lame for what it's supposed to be. It's just a leaner troll from the LotR movies with rocks protruding from it.
>>
File: image.jpg (484KB, 900x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
484KB, 900x900px
>>77935220
Needs more protruding spikes because spikes are his defining feature. Without them, he looks like a cave troll with Down syndrome.
>>
>>77941219
If you look closely in the trailer has on top of jokers car. And its been rumored that A: Waller mentions him as something the government doesn't want to admit exists and B: Bats has a conversation with her about using task force x and doesn't like her having joker in custody
>>
>>77941225

Yeah, but I feel like in this context he was being a twat. There are ways the conversation could have gone where he wouldn't have been. Or he could've said something in a way that wasn't condescending and stupid as fuck all and it would've been fine.
>>
>>77941219
>What's he gonna do in it?
No idea, all we see is a shot of him on top of a car Joker and Harley are in. If I had to guess its part of Harley's backstory.
>>
>>77941272
word
>>
>>77941236

> threating a creative death to impress his waifu

Except we don't know his motivations at all and considering this is the MCU it probably will not resemble the comic books.
>>
>>77941234

The movie that was terrible that just came out that was in this very film series with the same studio and director is pretty good context, I think, to say that I don't think a movie is going to be good. Also you are making the mistake of thinking /co/ is you and a gigantic bee hive of linked minds, when it isn't. I never personally thought Ben would be a bad Batman, and he's the only thing that's ensuring I'm gonna buy a ticket to see this.

I remember being on the opposite side of almost exactly this argument before Man of Steel came out trying to convince people how awesome it would be.
>>
>>77937120
>PPPAAAPPTX!
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>77941258

Wait, hang on... How come the trolls in the third Hobbit movie didn't turn to stone?
>>
>>77941331

can I have some sauce with that pasta?
>>
>>77941344

I think it was something like the volcanic clouds around Mordor were so thick that the sun didn't shine through enough to turn them. Or something.
>>
>>77941292
His motivation might be different but hopefully his goal is still "Kill everything"
>>
>>77941251
>>77941259
>>77941278

Hm, okay. I feel like my point more or less still stands since he won't be part of the main plot, but that's still cool. Now I'm a little more pumped for that movie.
>>
>>77935343
It's a movie with both Batman and Superman people are showing up for that. Anything else is just extra.

>>77936512
Obviously they'll have to put their differences aside to take on a villain, that's always how these sort of things play out. I don't think anyone is surprised by that "twist," if one can even call it that. But they should have left which villain a mystery, or made it appear as though they'll just be taking on Luthor, a villain that everyone already knew was in it, leaving Doomsday as a surprise..
>>
>>77941365
So bullshit then
>>
>>77941371
He's already failing miserably at it.
>>
>>77941361

You are welcome to find wherever I copied that from. I'd be happy to know there was someone with my thoughts word for word. All you'd have to do is Google it and you'd hypothetically find something.
>>
>>77941373
neither is Joker, they both are part of Harley's back story.
>>
>>77935220
Not at all. Especially when he'll be evolving during the fight.
>>
>>77941403
Joker is definitely apart of the main plot somehow as Will Smith said he had scenes with Leto.
>>
>>77935485
>which is not good.
fuck you, Blonski/abomination was the best fucking thing about that movie!
>>
>>77941385

You ever seen volcanic ash clouds anon? It's sometimes hard to tell what time of day it is around those things. And we can see in the movie just how thick that shit is.
>>
>>77941403

I was under the impression Joker was going to be under Waller's watch and worm his way into the plot in some capacity.
>>
>>77941424
he specified the cg wasn't good
jeepers /co/ it's okay to criticize certain aspects of things you like
>>
>>77941419
I heard Joker mainly does the Hannibal bit behind a cell in belle rev until finally orchestrating a mass break out near the end of the film.
>>
>>77941426
word bro remember a few years back when eyjarjrajakldjfajokul erupted in iceland?
shit was real
>>
>>77941453

Reykjavik?

>>77941452

That'd be cool, only if someone in the cell over masturbates and throws their semen on Margot Robbie's face.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 236x232px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 236x232px
>>77935220
>Lex uses the birthing pods to not create Doomsday but release him
>yfw Doomsday's retarded origin as the ultimate baby clone makes it into this movie
>>
>>77935220
The real question is did they borrow unused concept of Abomination from IH or Ralph from TMNT?
>>
>>77941491
Thats his only origin tho.
>>
>>77941484
reykjavik is a city
i'm talkin bout eyjafjallajokull, the volcano that grounded tons of flights a few years back
>>
>>77941484
Its the only memorable thing Slipknot does before dying
>>
>>77941552

Oh. I thought Reykjavik was the volcano and you were just doing that thing where you type a bunch of nonsense because you can't remember how to spell something Scandinavian. Damn that's a complicated name, what does it mean?
>>
>>77940251
She's gonna have the bad end future vision with necksnap Bats. And, yeah, gotta beat Black Widow to the punch if you're five years behind the competition.
>>
>>77941591
the first time i DID type nonsense but then i looked it up

apparently it means eyjafjalla glacier? thanks for nothing wikipedia
>>
File: Horse lol.jpg (301KB, 1024x657px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Horse lol.jpg
301KB, 1024x657px
>>77936291
>comic accurate
>>
>>77941648
Comic doomsday started off without the spikes

youre on /co/ and you dont read comics? shocker
>>
>>77941887

He also had a bitchin' containment suit.
>>
Worse than the MCU Ultrons.
>>
>>77942030
MCU Ultron is almost as bad as Fant4stic Doom.
>>
>>77938933
>No spikes to be seen
See? Even in the comics he evolved.
>>
So which movie will DD return in an frag Supes?
>implying they get this shit off the ground withouth a reboot in next decade
>>
>>77940513
>Everyone is a god
>Darkseid is an OLD GOD
It's shit. But kind of interesting.
>>
>>77942202
Well they've finished 3 movies already, currently filming another and JL starts filming in the Spring.
>>
>>77935220
>Is this bad?

Do not give enough of a shit about Doomsday to think any changes in his design is sacrilege. So no, it's not bad.
>>
>>77942030
>Worse than the MCU Ultrons.

Oh please. People actually like Ultron. No one one /co/ gave two shits about what Doomsday could look like before this trailer dropped.
>>
>>77942327

Hey, man, there's people here who care about characters who have literally never spoken. I remember talking about the death of the x-kids with one anon who was absolutely shattered that Network would never again see the light of day.
>>
File: 1444893758499.jpg (35KB, 250x370px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444893758499.jpg
35KB, 250x370px
Everyone here is complaining about Doomsday and I'm here wanting John Constantine to be back on T.V. on HBO preferably.
>>
>>77942407

Well that's not really even related, so you just look like a big whiny baby now. But yes, at least he's on Arrow.
>>
>>77940429

The bathing suit was always shit. She always looked best in skirts
>>
>>77942462
This at least she looks greek and not like a Ms, America contestant

Greek sword

Greek Shield

Greek clothes....as long as you don't count the shoes
>>
wait
is this doomsday or blockbuster?
>>
>>77942529
The boots are supposed to look like gladiator sandals, they just put a wedge in them.
>>
>>77940251
>high heels
jesus chirst...
>>
>>77942559
Meh, when you can fly it don't matter much.

Also, maybe it gives her an advantage, like those staring thingies runners use
>>
>>77942601
Eh
I'm just being an asshole
Is she getting her solo movie about WW1 or is that part of this movie?
That actually looked pretty neat
>>
>Everyone's complaining about Doomsday's look

>Nobody is complaining that Doomsday is in the movie at all, or his role in the movie

It's just going to show that the end of the movie is literally just going to be another overwrought punching contest, which completely misses the point of why a Batman/Superman team up is a good idea. Batman's the brains, Superman's the brawn.

Also, it's just stupid to have basically the whole movie show in great detail exactly how much Batman lacks in a physical confrontation against a Kryptonian, only to have the finale of the movie be...a physical confrontation against a super-Kryptonian, with a Kryptonian.

Double-also, Doomsday's real role in this movie is just to be a status quo buffer. It's something to cause explosions and keep the superheroes busy and the audience happy while Lex vanishes down a convenient trap door to scheme another day, meaning, ultimately, the heroes accomplish exactly nothing.
Part of the reason super hero movies have been good recently is because they go out of their way to AVOID those kinds of infinite-loop trappings the comics are known for. Learn from your mistakes, guys!
>>
I think it's great that we're getting a movie version of Bizarro.
>>
>>77942626
>Part of the reason super hero movies have been good recently is because they go out of their way to AVOID those kinds of infinite-loop trappings the comics are known for.

wut

Every Marvel movie is just a commercial for the next Marvel movie. It's gotten to the point where people care more about the credits scene than the actual movie. They invented the infinite loop.

That's also kinda the point of comic books, that's why these characters have been around for so long.
>>
>>77935259

Well yeh the trailer revealed that Lex is fuckign crazy and somehow makes Doomsday based on the remains of Zod. That's why he looks semi human so people can recognize Zod in him.
>>
>>77942626
after watching the first trailer I thought it was about lex outsmarting superman with kryptonite or whatever and batman coming in to save the day.
Of course the movie doesn't have to be that simple and it could have added a lot of emotional conflict superman could have felt and batman's decision to either to kill the kryptonian or not ETC ETC
but like you said

punching contest
lex being EVIL HAHAHAHA
heroes save the day
End scene roll the credit
>>
>>77942657
>It's gotten to the point where people care more about the credits scene than the actual movie
cool hyperbole brother
>>
>>77935220
What would be kinda cool is if he starts out as Zombie Zod and slowing throughout the fight become more Doomsday like.
>>
>>77942687
sound like the end of the last movie redone with a monster
Also wasn't bruce pissed superman destroyed half of the city? isn't that his whole reason he wants to kill superman? Why is he just letting these people fuck up the city AGAIN?
>>
>>77942674
It's not.
>>
>>77942657
>Every Marvel movie is just a commercial for the next Marvel movie. They invented the infinite loop.

You could very easily argue the exact opposite, actually, what with the MCU's tendency to kill off all their best villains, and make huge, sweeping changes to the universe as a result.
From Tony announcing that he is, in fact, Iron Man in the first movie, to Captain America dismantling SHIELD in The Winter Soldier, to something funky going on with Star Lord's dad in GotG, everything's constantly in a state of flux. And yes, you can say that's just to get you to watch the next movie, but isn't that what you want? You want to be organically drawn to see what happens next, that's just called good storytelling.

>That's also kinda the point of comic books, that's why these characters have been around for so long.
You say that like it's a good thing, but I really don't think it is.
>>
>>77942705
>Also wasn't bruce pissed superman destroyed half of the city? isn't that his whole reason he wants to kill superman?
we don't know that for sure yet
treating carefully edited trailer footage as a sure thing is stupid
>>
>>77942740
>isn't that what you want?
>You say that like it's a good a thing
???
>>
>>77942705
This time it's the ruins of old metropolis so it's fine
>>
>>77942745
Oh please
two scenes in both trailers of batman being pissed people in his building died due to the superman and zod fight
And the first trailer shows batman wanting to punch superman to death, second trailer is superman telling bruce to fuck off because he can't harm him
>>
>>77942705
Maybe this fight will Show Bruce what Clark had to deal with. When you're fighting against someone who just wants to destroy and kill. It'll make him more empathetic to what Clark went through in Man of Steel.
>>
>>77942759
>isn't [storytelling with consequence and changes to the setting] what you want?
>You say [the characters have lasted so long in the comics because nothing changes] like it's a good thing
i fail to see what has you confused
>>
>>77942766
Oh no wonder they were in a big ass flatten field
make sense
>>
>>77942740
The MCU has been wildly inconsistent with their continuity between movies. And there's no sense of danger ever when we know this is all just setup for Infinity War which everyone is contracted for. You know the heroes are going to win and the villain be defeated in some lame fashion.
>>
>>77942803
>You know the heroes are going to win and the villain be defeated in some lame fashion.
Welcome to super heroes. This isn't just the MCU.
>>
>>77942784
>isn't [movies lasting forever because x leads to x] what you want?
>You say [characters last forever because x leads x] like it's a good thing
That part.
>>
>>77942803
ya there is no real sense of threat, all the bad guy were defeated really easily.
I think that's one of the reason I didn't like age of ultron. But at least civil war is different and it's heroes against heroes which seem interesting.
(falling down of relationship and trust etc etc)
>>
>>77942803

You could make the exact same argument with the DCEU and Justice League.
>>
>>77942626

Batman's brains will obviously be targeted on Luthor. And do you even Lex Luthor? He will get caught. And he will shake the charges almost immediately.
>>
>>77942811
Now you're just being stupid and reductionist.

There's a difference between actual consequences and narrative preservation
>>
>>77942809
>This isn't just the MCU.

It really is. DC is usually the ones getting praise for their bad guys that are treated like actual threats. Zod nearly destroyed Earth with just a few goons and did massive damage to a major city. Meanwhile the Chitauri may as well have been Putties from Power Rangers, they did absolutely dick all and Loki was literally defeated to roaring laughter by crowds.
>>
>>77942811
he's saying that the movies actually change things up while comics stay stagnant; the mcu tends to kill its villains while comics reuse them, the mcu makes changes to its world that last while comics tend to revolve more or less around a status quo

in the movies, one thing leads to and sets up another while in the comics, it can last forever because it is all the same and nothing truly changes
>>
>>77942809
Well the heroes always win and that could be said about every adventure or action hero movie.
But it's how the hero or main characters win are important and every marvel movie is always been...
character searches for something
character finds it
bad guy present himself in the last 30 minutes or so
They fight
Hero wins
>>
>>77942831

Well yeah, the good guys are going to win, that's just how it goes. But I imagine whoever the JL face are going to feel like a threat, especially with how powerful the JL are.
>>
>>77942839
Yes but we were talking about a sense of danger, not predictability.

There's no sense of danger in ANY superhero movie. Batman won't die on film. Superman won't die on film. Spider-Man won't die on film.

Predictability is a whole other discussion.
>>
>>77942843

>But I imagine whoever the JL face are going to feel like a threat, especially with how powerful the JL are.

It's going to be a butchered version of Darkseid and you know it. He'll be a generic growling monster with eye-beams and that'll be that.
>>
>>77942833
But there aren't any changes when the chain is neverending. You could argue that characters are gone once they can't get the actors anymore but Banner and Rhodey still exist so nah.
>>77942836
Comics killed villains too until they brought them back.

>>77942834
The Chitauri nearly leveled the city too they just weren't as efficient.
>>
>>77942855
>until they brought them back
And THAT is the guy's point. Things will change for five minutes but it always revolves back on its status quo axis.

Yes, it allows the comics to last basically indefinitely. But it's debatable if that's a good thing.
>>
>>77942851
> sense of danger
There is no sense of danger in spider man 2 because we know he won't die? Really?
What about die hard
We know john won't die but there is always sense of danger
Same with superhero movies
We know they won't die but tension and a fear of them losing could be written and presented
>>
>>77942865
The point is that the movies have consequences because people die unlike in comics where people also die?
>>
>>77942853

I don't know. DC/WB seem to take pride in their fleshed out villains, they're even making a movie consisting of a bunch of bad guys. I can't see them just half assing someone like Darkseid. If anyone's going to get shafted it'll probably be the rest of the New Gods.
>>
>>77942866
I guess I disagree, then. I don't feel a sense of danger in Die Hard, nor do I in 95% of action movies, except for minor supporting characters.

So no, no sense of danger in Spider-Man 2, nor Die Hard. I still love the movies, though. I'm just illustrating that, to me at least, saying the MCU has no sense of danger isn't a good criticism because pretty much nothing in the genre does.
>>
>>77942876
You're being deliberately obtuse. The movies are less beholden to a status quo. They can make changes without needing to immediately reverse them.

Comics typically do not have that luxury.
>>
>>77942866

>There is no sense of danger in spider man 2 because we know he won't die? Really?

No because Pete gets hit by a train and slammed by Ock's tentacles dozens of times and acts like that shit didn't even hurt until stopping the train magically makes him sleepy.

Sense of danger is a silly thing to worry about. It's if the action is choreographed well, you can tell what's going on, and if you can get an idea of about the character from how they fight.
>>
>>77942889
Well what I'm saying heroes winning doesn't matter

It's HOW they win matter and it just need to be written in a way that's enjoyable or exciting and in my opinion MCU villains have failed and I can't even single villain that gave a sense of danger or excitement
>>
>>77942883

>I don't know. DC/WB seem to take pride in their fleshed out villains

All one of them.

Look, I liked MoS. I even liked Zod. But that was entirely due to Shannon's performance, as a character he was as paper-thin as any average cape movie antagonist no matter how many "he wuz right" threads get made.

Zod was a generic "muh genes" supremacist villain that was elevated by the quality of actor they got. It's the same thing as getting based Corey Stoll to elevate Darren Cross in Ant-Man from a nothing on the page to something entertaining.

We'll see what Ayer does with Suicide Squad.
>>
>>77942851

I disagree. There was definitely a sense of danger in Man of Steel when Zod's machine started fucking up the planet. In Spider-Man 2(like someone else mentioned) when Spider-Man has to stop the train, there was a sense of danger and urgency and it nearly killed him. In DoFP, when you saw the grim future with Sentinels manhandling mutants in gruesome ways. I feel none of that in the MCU. I mean, at the end of the battle they go out for fucking schawarma. I take that back, Iron Man 1 and TIH had some threatening situations, but that was before Disney bought them out and sanitized everything.
>>
>>77942901
The movies are even MORE beholden to the status quo, because the comics are just there to advertise the movies at this point. The movies always have to have to the most popular characters at any given time. It's why Spider-Man has 12 movies and Gravity has 0.
>>
>>77942902
Well sense of danger or threaten situations makes good story and villains.
If you just want your hero to be unbeatable and just outsmart everything the villain throws at them I guess sense of danger doesn't matter to you.
>>
>>77942910
>MCU villains have failed and I can't even single villain that gave a sense of danger or excitement
are we restricting this to the movies or can i pull the kingpin card
>>
>>77942923
>There was definitely a sense of danger in Man of Steel when Zod's machine started fucking up the planet. In Spider-Man 2(like someone else mentioned) when Spider-Man has to stop the train, there was a sense of danger and urgency and it nearly killed him
Perhaps we are getting our wires crossed; surely you don't mean a sense of danger as in a feeling they might fail?
>>
>>77942943
isn't that the same thing?
I mean no one goes to the movies and think it's all real
>>
>>77942927
Netflix don't count. It's so much better in quality it shouldn't even associate itself with the movies. You can tell the people involved actually give a shit about the source material, whereas Feige just wants something that makes a billion dolllars with the most shallow villain he can muster as an antagonist.
>>
>>77942925
>If you just want your hero to be unbeatable and just outsmart everything the villain throws at them I guess sense of danger doesn't matter to you.
It's not necessarily what we want, just what we know will happen. We clearly don't value a sense of danger as highly as you do. I can only speak for myself as to why, but it's because I'm generally pretty certain the heroes won't fail and not much will make me question that.

Again, it's not about what I want. Just what I know movie studios will give me. DC is/will be no different.
>>
>>77942950
I'm just confirming, because I completely disagree with your assertions. At no point at all did I think Superman would fail to stop the planet destroying machine in MoS, or Spider-Man would fail to save the train.
>>
>>77942959
Okay you are watching movies wrong.
We KNOW indy won't fail in indiana jones but that doesn't matter. We know rocky won't lose but it's still exciting to him train and try to go against a russian twice as big as him.
It's how it's PRESENTED and how the story PROGRESSES that's important in these movies. It's the struggles of these fictional characters that make you relate to these characters. Overcoming of the villain and internal vices. We KNOW at the end the hero will win and not fail but it's how he OVER comes the ordeal that truly matters.
Why even watch a superhero movie when all you watch it for is the results?
>>
>>77942972
Are you being seriously right now?
>>77942839
>it's how the hero or main characters win are important
>IT"S HOW
Of course we know superman won't fail or die
But it's the tension, the build up to the final fight matters.
If you still don't get it and don't understand because "suerpman will win! Why feel any tension! I DON"T GET IT" well you don't sound very bright.
>>
>>77942972
I knew he'd stop it, but the shit Zod did to the planet was felt within the movie. You saw the damage, you saw the people's lives in danger(Jenny/Perry), you saw the effort Superman had to go through to destroy the world machine, you saw the anguish Superman went through after it was all over(whether or not you like the decision they made him make). I just feel none of that watching the MCU, it's so sterile. I like a few of the movies, but their lack of compelling villains/situations for the heroes to overcome is disappointing.
>>
>>77942996
That is, in fact, what I've been saying. I AGREE with you that the results don't matter. That's why I've been saying a sense of danger isn't what I value; I know everything will turn out okay. I said that I loved Spider-Man 2 in spite of knowing this.

>>77943015
I am literally just arguing with the "sense of danger" point. I AGREE that it's HOW they do it that matters! Where are you guys seeing anything I said to the contrary?

I will summarize my point here, again: I do not value a "sense of danger" because I know they will win in the end. Thus, THAT SPECIFIC CRITICISM does not hold any weight to me. That's it. That's all I'm saying. As I already stated here: >>77942889
>>
>>77943036
But the sense of danger aka feeling they might fail or tension is just good story writing.
If you lack any of these you failed your audience.
What makes a story good is making a threatening villain NOT because he might kill our hero but because how he will make him struggle to reach his goal.
You are focus too much on the word "danger". Its just a expression to use to describe a feeling of wanting your hero to win no matter what happens to him while you watch a movie.
>>
>>77942956
Netflix counts. It`s all part of the MCU.
>>
>>77943180
Well I didn't watch daredevil so I can't judge
>>
>>77943190
Netflix's DD is my favourite live action superhero thing; movie or show

Check it out
>>
>>77935318
Before, actually. Doomsday was the first leak before BvS was even confirmed and back when it was MoS2. Like, by the time MoS had made it to DVD that Doomsday rumor was out.

Everyone decided it was retarded because there was no fucking way they'd do Doomsday this soon.
>>
File: 1425361892602.gif (2MB, 307x230px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1425361892602.gif
2MB, 307x230px
>>77935283
is it bad that kara looks better passed out...
>>
>>77936291
It didn't matter who invented the telephone first, it mattered who got the patent first. Now when people say "who invented the telephone" you think Bell and not the guy that got screwed.

Disney got their movie out first; they got to be the ones that the casuals were first exposed to.
You think this is bad? You just wait until WB tries to do Darkseid after the casuals have had 4 or 5 MCU movies with Thanos appearances.
>>
>>77940844
>nipples on body suits
they never learn.
>>
>>77935283
I don't get why people are complaining about his move appearance.

Compare it to his very first appearance in the comics. It's nigh-identical. He didn't have bones covering his eyes or massive bone shards shooting out of his back or forearms.

He had a few spikes here and there and as he fought the League and made his way to Superman he grew more and more to better combat them.
>>
>>77943261

>I don't get why people are complaining about his move appearance.

Because Shrekface doesn't translate well into live-action. Give him a real nose.
>>
>>77943190
Netflix DD is one of the best things i ever watched.
>>
>>77943293
Cool, now tell me about Jessica Jones
>>
>>77943256
His name is fucking Ozymandias, but you think a suit with molded nipples would be too garish for him.
>>
>>77943381
For me personally it was a 7/10 show. Jessica Jones was cool but nothing awesome. It was made much better thanks to Kilgrave.
>>
>>77943458
That my thoughts too, plus the lesbian triangle was annoying and for the longest time seemed to have no reason to exist other than titilation
>>
>>77942915
>All one of them.

>Ra's Al Ghul
>Scarecrow
>Falcone
>Lex Luthor
>Joker
>Two-Face
>Maroni
>Sinestro
>Bane
>Talia Al Ghul
>Catwoman
>Zod

>All one of them.
>>
>>77943256
That was the point, he supposed to be a sell out, which is how Snyder viewed the Schumacher Batman films.
>>
>>77943662

The Nolan movies are a different thing and you fucking know it.

>inb4 nice deflection

The Nolan movies have always been talked about in their own circle of quality. It's been Nolan and the rest of DC.

Take that for what it is. The only Marvel movies that ever came close to that level of directorial influence is the Raimi Spiderman movies.
>>
>>77941126
>>77941234
>HURR DURR BEN AFFLECK WORST BATMAN EVERR!!!!

We literally cried and begged to President Obama to intervene. Let's sit and think on that.
>>
>>77935669
It's laughable.
>>
>>77935220
I am glad to see that the cave troll from lord of the rings scored a bigger role... good for him/it/xer
>>
>>77935220
Cave troll + thanos chin= doomsday
>>
>>77941513
yeah but you'd think they'd change it to something less retarded like in Superman Doomsday
>>
>>77935220
Only if you're a turbo autist, who can't accept change or can't understand the concept of infinite Earths.
>>
>>77935220
>Over 108 foreign bodies embedded within him
>Used as a weapon for someone else
Punished Doomsday
>>
>>77935220
>Is this bad?

Extremely. That's a horrid Doomsday design.
>>
He's hopping the design changes as the fight goes on.

>Get's his face blown off
>Grows back lookiing legit
>>
>>77935220
I think he looks great
>>
>>77944344
That's what various scoops are saying
>>
>>77936336
>Brave and the bold
It's world's finest, you pleb.
>>
>>77935301


That's because originally he wasn't a 'character'. He was a plot device to kill Superman and never be used again. They then fucked him up by adding all sorts of dumb shit like reactive evolution, poisonous fist spikes, death aura and so on when originally, he was just that fucking burly that he could beat the shit out of Supes, Maxima and Super Girl all at once and force Superman to kill himself to kill him.

Doomsday is fine. The post Death of Superman Doomsday is not.
>>
Gal Gadot looks fucking awesome and even normies agree on that.
>>
>>77935220
That's not Doomsday, it's just Zod.
>>
File: 1388170236244.jpg (30KB, 512x384px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1388170236244.jpg
30KB, 512x384px
>>77944438
>>
>>77944438
>the word of normies
Show looks out of place as fuck between those two dudes.

>You will never see he get hit by supes or bats because she looks like she'd break
>>
>>77935220
I just no longer see the need to watch this movie. That trailer pretty much summed up the entire thing.
>>
Really?

They're only two movies in and they're already blowing their load with one of Superman's most signature villains and a pseudo Not-Avengers cross over?
>>
>>77935220
Will someone please post the 00:46 high res. screenshot from the the new trailer?
>>
>>77935485
Looks perfect for the first evolution of Doomsday. We're all gonna love it when bones keep growing with every hit.
>>
>>77944667
But the second fucking movie already?
>>
>>77944655
Sure. But why?
>>
>>77944679
Who gives a shit? It's Doomsday, it's not like he's worth saving for later.
>>
Tons of casuals will be excited for this movie, they'll rush in to see it for it's opening weekend just like Man of Steel then it will drop off when word gets out how "meh" it is.

DC is blowing it.
>>
>>77944679
>>77944695
He really isn't worth saving. Can't make a whole Doomsday movie.

Plus we don't know..
>If he "kills" Superman in this film
>If he "dies" in this film
>>
>>77944695
>>77944712
You don't see the worrisome trend of them forcing too much shit too early with their two biggest trump cards, Superman and Batman, and other big guns in this "Not-Justice League" movie then trying to build the cinematic universe afterwards?
>>
DC is so desperate for those Avengers box office dollars.
>>
>>77944723
Not really and here's why: Suicide Squad. SS looks great and they're "cramming" in villains. BvS, if done right, can quickly establish the heroes of the world while SS establishes the lesser villains. Universe created. Characters are all relevant for single franchises.

The key to avoiding Spiderman 3 is making sure they're relevant to the story. MCU has tons of characters in each film, no problem when the writings good. Even with "giving away" Doomsday, it fits the narrative built. Lex wants to destroy Superman and he's doing everything he can do achieve that.
>>
>>77944586
>Hi I'm Anon, I didn't read the thread so I'll just shitpost
>>
>>77935574
Hey how about you kill yourself you fucking mongoloid?
>>
>>77944704

ebin post!
>>
>>77944765
But DC doesn't have good writing.
>>
>Having doomsday
>not as final boss or killing superman
where were you when they stuck their dick in the superman lore?
>>
>>77944690
Need a bit more forward like, maybe between 00:46 to 00:47 when he stands straight.
>>
>>77938728
he looks more like leo than raphael
>>
>>77935220
Is there a new ninja turtles movie coming out?
>>
He looks like a turtle who had sex with older turtle.
>>
>>77945369
Actually, yes, there is.
>>
Way too soon. They should have waited a few more movies.
>>
>>77935220
>he gets tougher every time you kill him.
>his first aperance
yeah, probably fine, other than the fact that it looks like they are going to shoehorn every DC character in existence into this movie.
>>
>>77945582
Perfect. Thanks a lot mate.
>>
>>77945772
You could have done it yourself 10 hours ago
>>
>>77943669
This, and also to lampoon a trope of comic book movies, in the way the source material did to comic books. Ozzy's nipples are probably the smartest thing about the Watchmen movie.
>>
>>77937153
>Captain America used Red Skull in their first movie and Thor used Loki.
Yes, those were both bad ideas.
>>
>>77943669
>>77945900

>source: my dirty ass
>>
For real, the way the trailer presented everything, it looks like Doomsday is Zod, rez'd by Luthor to take down Superman. Everything will end with Batman taking down Zood with countermeasures he developed to take down Superman, and having worked out his hate-boner will forgive Kal (#SBFFS)
>>
>>77935220
Single-handedly derailed my hype train and then demolished it with a controlled explosion.

I'm convinced Terrio did absolutely nothing to Goyer's script. This whole thing has Goyer's grubby fingerprints all over it.
>>
>>77935324
Makes sense. His whole thing is adaptation, right? Well, comics Doonsday has been around for quite a while by the time he arrives on Earth. Of course he's already covered in spikes.

Lex's Doomsday is brand new. It stands to reason that he wouldn't yet be covered in spikes, which he grows as weapons or to repair and reinforce areas of his body which have been damaged in battle.

Also, the fact that we see him using heat vision could mean that they also included his ability to replicate super powers. That and his evolutionary abilities are usually ignored these days whenever Doomsday makes an appearance.
>>
>>77935220
I'm pretty easy going with movies, I'm not supreme class critical and if it's enjoyable than I'm fine. That being said, I'm not at all thrilled by Doomsday. Not even just how he looks but that he's going to be in the movie anyway. Let alone that they went ahead and showed him in the trailer. That was a mistake. But if the fights are fucking awesome and if he evolves over the fight into the monster we'd expect then I can probably be swayed.
>>
>>77939269
He'll grow some spikes as soon as he gets rekt by the trinity
>>
File: 1430946672060.jpg (71KB, 370x472px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1430946672060.jpg
71KB, 370x472px
>>77936396
>>
File: 1369146766262.jpg (136KB, 400x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1369146766262.jpg
136KB, 400x400px
>>77946402
yfw he starts flying
>>
File: 1436468536953.jpg (195KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1436468536953.jpg
195KB, 1000x750px
>>77937047
No, because we aren't stupid. And Batman used a grenade launcher in The Dark Knight, so there's nothing to complain about here.
>>
>>77946552
Holy shit, I hadn't thought of that

Has that happened before?
>>
>>77943261
/co/ doesn't read comics. It's not just a meme you know
>>
>>77946590
>And Batman used a grenade launcher in The Dark Knight, so there's nothing to complain about here.

Except that was retarded too but somewhat less so given that Nolan was going for the "grounded" approach to Batman whereas Snyder and this movie in particular are cartooned as fuck.
>>
>>77947257
I only named a recent example. Batman has been carrying explosives in his belt since the forties. Why is firing them out of a launcher somehow less okay?

It would be stupider if he didn't do something like this honestly. What else does he have that could possibly slow down Doomsday?
>>
>>77942705
>Why is he just letting these people fuck up the city AGAIN?

You seem to be under the impression that Batman has a say in whether or not they get to fuck up the city. Pro-tip: He doesn't. He's just a guy. Yes, he's tough as nails. But he's nothing compared to Superman and Doomsday.
>>
>>77935329
Venus de Milo from that live action series?
>>
>>77946877
Maybe Nu52oomsday, but that's the worst version of the character, so...
>>
>>77935955
Honestly that alone is a good enough reason to do an early reveal of a third-party bad guy. Audiences who've been paying attention (and there's enough of them) will recall that Cap and Tony has been building for a while. Having a movie that looks like a knockoff scenario from the title alone could hurt ticket sales.

Of course the problems now are setting up Superman and Batman as a couple of pussies who can't take down a Hulk clone without help, and convincing people to watch what is essentially Nortonhulk over again with added Zuck Luthorberg and a couple of pussies trading quips over who gets to fuck the hot chick after.

>>77935955
They'll think it's that without any of the depth of feeling or emotional investment they have in the MCU by simple virtue of it having gone on so long.

>>77947650
>Yes, he's tough as nails.
Actually he just looks like he's gonna murder his family in a roidrage one night and not show up for his WWE bout the next day because he an hero'd.

He looks like Bruce Willis in that last Die Hard movie. It's not a good look at all.
>>
>>77947314
Batman's had guns on his car since forever and his car has been a tank for the last decade. What's the difference between that and having a turret on his tank that fires HE rounds at lawbreakers? It's not like any of them are wealth creators. Why is big government so determined to tread on Batman by saying he shouldn't use guns? If anything he should use more guns, because as Batman, he can know in advance how many guns is the optimum amount to stop the most crimes, which as we all know should be stopped in progress by rich, bitter vigilantes and not prevented by solid, boring planning, safe routines, and social measures aimed at reducing the root causes of crime. Once a pauper becomes so hungry they cannot feed themselves they will commit crimes. Shooting them reduces the tax burden on hard-working families and wealth creators alike and the fear of being shot will keep those on the cusp of starvation from wasting money or food or energy unnecessarily on things like Christmas or children or heating. Fuck the poor. With guns. That are constantly firing.
>>
>>77942766
>they just keep that part of the city destroyed to use as a battlefield for supers from now on
I like it
>>
File: Doomsday-Death[1].png (768KB, 1274x557px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Doomsday-Death[1].png
768KB, 1274x557px
All I'm saying is, the movie needs to end with Doomsday strapped to a meteor getting thrown into space. If it's one thing these comic book movies lack is recurring villains, and this way we can get some sort of Death and Return of Superman movie
>>
>>77935220
For you.
>>
>>77935220
It's terrible. It ruins three Superman villains in one go, Zod, Bizarro and Doomsday.

Now they can't use Doomsday for an eventual Death of Man of Murder arc.
Thread posts: 471
Thread images: 46


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.