[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legal road blocks preventing Flash and Supergirl crossover.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 9

File: crossover-social-3a246-38e8f.jpg (104KB, 900x470px) Image search: [Google]
crossover-social-3a246-38e8f.jpg
104KB, 900x470px
Legal road blocks preventing Flash and Supergirl crossover.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/legal-reasons-may-prevent-flash-and-supergirl-from-crossing-over

Good. Keep Supergirl for dragging other shows down.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (98KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
98KB, 1920x1080px
>>77922794
>legal barriers are more powerful than multiversal barriers
Flash may be able to vibrate through universes but he can't vibrate through THE LAW.
>>
>>77922794
>flash and supergirl were on glee
>joe and supergirl's boss were on ally mcbeal
Fate will make it happen
>>
I haven't seen Supergirl yet, but is it really that bad or is this typical /co/ silliness because of the female lead?
>>
>>77923014
/co/ always exagerates their criticism and praise.
>>
>>77922794

They'll probably girl power this bull shit and kek Barry's making him slower then Kara
>>
>>77923014
its no worse than most of the comic book tv content. Flash is stronger but hopefully with time to grow Supergirl will become more interest too
>>
>>77923014
Yes. It absolutely is. Watch the first episode. Its literally this as a full length show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_5KgpN38hM

/co/ likes to be hyperbolic in regards to a show's percieved greatness or shitiness. But this is no exaggeration. Supergirl is complete and unbridled, diarrhea. Its rancid, like vomited up rotten eggs.

If anyone says they enjoyed the show, its for one of the following reasons, no exceptions:

1- They're a troll.
2- They like it ironically, overlooking everything
3- They have absolute shit taste in the media they consume.
>>
>>77922794
This is part of what I don't get. DC should just tell networks, these are our characters, you get the opportunity to make a show with them. But if we want to put them somewhere else too, then we will. Why let these networks own the characters outside their shows? Stupid contract work.
>>
>>77923391
Because the networks have more power than DC.
>>
>>77923014
It is feminist bullshit, it doesn't respect the source material. CO loves IZOMBIE so this must be more of that stupid CO IS POL bullshit.

being impartial Flockhart has chewed up scenery and the black guy playing Hank Henshaw has been perfect. Most of the problem is writing and creative/casting. The show has gotten less awful, but with Daredevil, Jessica Jone, Arrow, Flash, and now Legends to compete with, less uneven than Gotham isn't good enough.
>>
>>77923426
They shouldn't. DC has the ability to contract. They are the ones who own the properties. And right now its a sellers market. Networks want a comic show. DC needs to be more strategic.
>>
>>77923321
>>77923391
>I've only seen the first episode

The feedback they got on the "leaked" pilot seems to have taken root. The show gets consistently better from episode 2 onward. Plus, supergirl actually grows as a character. Cat is like her drunk bitch Yoda, which is a pretty cool dynamic.

It's already better than Arrow. We'll see how good it gets.
>>
>>77923029 proving your point ->
>>77923321
>>
>>77923458
>Gotham

I do not get why people dislike this show. It has this pretty awesome Addam's family vibe and plenty of action, as well as some rock solid acting. Is it "muh realism!" from Batman Begins onward?
>>
>>77922794

Despite owning all the rights to the DC characters, not having to deal with the legalistic mess that is Marvel licensing, Warner Brothers *still* finds a way to screw up their properties?

I swear, WB is a 19th century company flailing wildly in a 21st century world. That corp needs to be bought by a google or amazon and the deadwood jettisoned.
>>
Well that's a good thing right?

If anything Flash doesn't need to be plagued with that. And it'll take the likes of a HYPERCRISIS event to retconn all the horrible shit from that show.

Supergirl wishes they could do the kinda shit Flash and Arrow just got done doing this past week.
>>
>>77923551
No its unbalanced as fuck. The tone shifts wildly. You can have your quirky show. You can have your Nolan muh realism. But when you have your dark, grounded character pull out shark repellant, you have tone issues.
>>
>>77923537
>being a trip fag
Opinion discarded
>>
>>77923585
Which fits the tone of a long, long stretch of the batman comics perfectly.
>>
>>77923536
>>77923537
>1- They're a troll.
>2- They like it ironically, overlooking everything
>3- They have absolute shit taste in the media they consume.

Take your pick, anons.
>>
>>77923458
>Most of the problem is writing and creative/casting.

So the whole show?
>>
>>77923551
>I do not get why people dislike this show.
Because its fuming shit aimed at the lowest common denominator?
>>
>>77923561
>Warner Brothers *still* finds a way to screw up their properties

A Flash/Supergirl crossover would screw up the property that's actually good. Go away, Superkeks.
>>
>>77923923
The lowest common denominator thinks it's "too violent" and "doesn't have enough respect for human life". Try again.
>>
>>77923994
No the lowest common denominator thinks
>MUH BATTMAN YUSSSSS!!!

Which is 98% of the viewership.
>>
>>77923014
Last couples episodes have been pretty good. Probably because they're toning down the feminist crap.
>>
>>77923014
this of Lynda Carter Wonder Woman. Half an attempt at bringing a woman to the front, then ruin the whole thing with action figures and stupid shit...Supergirl might be worse

Not saying Linda Carter was bad, but the writing and the shooting was.
>>
>>77924023
So, you've never actually seen it?
>>
>>77924051
You honest to god sound like the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>77924062
And you sound like you're strawmanning pretty hard. Batman is a footnote in the series. It has precious little to do with him.
>>
>>77924051
I saw the first five episodes. Figured I'd give the show some breathing room to find its footing. It started off fucking terrible and got exponentially worse with every episode. Quit after the fifth. No sense in wasting my time watching filth like that.
>>
>>77924092
If you think the fact that it's set in the Batman universe doesn't account for a majority of its viewership, you're crazy.
>>
>>77924092
That is completely beside the point. People watch the show BECAUSE of its ties to Batman. Regardless of the fact that Batman isn't even really in the show.
>>
>>77924044
>Supergirl might be worse
Its true. Hell, the Supergirl movie is better than the show. And the movie was pretty awful. But compared to this tv series, its god tier.
>>
>>77924142
yeah, I gave it to 6 which was fucking aweful!!!! Count yourself glad you stopped at 5
>>
>>77924150
>>77924158
And it retains those viewers because it hits the tone of the Batman universe. The writers know what they're doing, and they do it fairly well. The lack of the frankly boring Flash/Arrow formula is pretty damn refreshing, too.
>>
>>77923536
I'll give you that it's better than season 3 Arrow.
>>
>>77924142
>It started off fucking terrible and got exponentially worse with every episode.

Well, let's agree to disagree.
>>
>>77924194
You want Penguin's Umbrella onward.
>>
>>77924220
>The lack of the frankly boring Flash/Arrow formula is pretty damn refreshing, too.
The fuck are you talking about?

The show is exceptionally formulaic. Hell, the entire show can be summed up with a damn drinking game.
>>
>>77924240
All those
>Look at camera
>Insert idiotic comic reference (i.e. "Stop with your riddles, Nygma!", "I found Bruce hanging upside down... like some kind of bat!" ect"

These types of moments just killed the show immediately. That and the fact that the show has no consistent tone, shitty acting. Plots that go no where, ect.
>>
>>77924304
>not loving Balloonman
>>
>>77924261
I like the violence and madness formula quite a bit more than relationship drama and tears. I like gunfights where people die more than people with machine pistols fistfighting with robin hood.
>>
>>77923321

>They have absolute shit taste in the media they consume.

Arrogant fuccboi desu.
>>
>>77924304
Did you like the ending of Flash season one?
>>
>>77923585

It gets more consistent in Season 2.
>>
>>77924251
I was refering to Supergirl, got confused in the conversation, sorry
>>
>>77924342
Yeah, was a lot of fun.

The only time I recall that happening in the Flash is with Jay Garrick's hat.

Doing that once (or even a few times throughout the season) is fine. Doing that ten times per episode? Fucking annoying.
>>
>>77924304

Those don't happen anymore. Haven't happened since the beginning of Season 1.
>>
>>77924387
And the other problems?
>>
>>77924363
>>77924387
Beat me to it. The mob war in season one is pretty neat, but season two is where it gets genuinely good. As for...

>plots that go nowhere

In Gotham, sometimes, people fail at their shehanigans and sometimes, things take longer than "the same episode" to resolve. Even the "good guys" get fucked up, or turn bad. Gotham actually surprises me sometimes, which is a rare thing in series nowadays.

Arrow, Flash and Daredevil didn't, although I will say Daredevil was exceptionally well-told and entertaining.
>>
>>77924400

Tone got more consistent. Plot points and acting seem fine to me. Writers finally found a use for Barbara.
>>
>>77923585
That's the entire point of Gotham
>>
>>77924491
then they and you fans have to understand that pushes a lot of people away. Not saying you can't have a variety of tone in a show, but it has to be well done
>>
>>77924583
Oh, we get that. You just got jumped because you assumed it was trying to be a regular series. We like it because it's not the same old same old you get every day and has the guts to experiment. And, as of season 2, that experimentation has paid off. Gotham's found it's own thing.
>>
>>77924611
I'll accept that then my fav network cape show is Aos, so I understand that too. Can I skip to season 2 without being completely lost?
>>
>>77924044
That's an excellent comparison.

It's a good/potentially good actor that can really pull off the role and almost set the standard. But it said fuck all to it's origin, source, story and how the structure of the story is.

Lynda makes a great Wondy, though the show is shit because they say fuck all to Wondy's mythology.

This is the same in this case, wanting to plug demos. Be diversifable in a portfolio and push bullshit ideologies.

Meanwhile, Gotham is tying their demos with lesser viewers.
AT THE SAME DAMN TIME
>>
File: Tony's new suit.gif (395KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Tony's new suit.gif
395KB, 500x500px
>all these major networks BTFO'd by the CW underdog
>>
>>77922794
Aw. It's not like Supergirl exists on CW Earth-1 so I'd be interested regardless of the Supergirl show.
>>
If they ever do do a crossover, wouldn't there be a lot of continuity issues? Like, Arrow and Flash do not acknowledge Supes or Batman and in fact they're supposed to be the first heroes, but in Supergirl they acknowledge the existence of Supes and the other heroes.
>>
>>77924491
The point of the show is to be shitty?
>>
>>77924611
>We like it because it's not the same old same old you get every day and has the guts to experiment.

It, literally is. The fucking plot of the show is covered by a fucking drinking game. Every episode follows the exact same formula. Nothing is even remotely innovative or creative about the show. Anyone who thinks this show has something new to offer is deluding themselves.
>>
>>77924669
Yeah, definitely. You'll miss out on some riddler stuff and might not know who Fish Moonie is if she shows up again, but that's about it. All you need to know on top of that is "Barbara totally snapped and is now a nutcase psycho ex from hell".
>>
>>77924856
It'd almost be a huge mess, even with them going the multiverse route and it's a different Earth. When we're already getting that and they've already set the rules for how it's supposed to be.

With Supergirl they'd have to do a whole revision with the structure. Because characters like Barry, Ollie and many others would exist in that Earth. So it'd have to be some sort of retelling on how that Earth's gotten to that point, with all those characters or how it didn't happen, or some travesty that shaped it differently.

And both Flash and Arrow easter egg the fuck outta both guys. And the first season had the news paper from the future with an article about the Wayne and Queen merger.

So it's safe to say that they're there. Or was, maybe something happened. But we really don't know because we're on these two worlds. Or cities actually. And we only know about the stories from those worlds at the time being.
>>
>>77924929
You can make a drinking game out of anything. Literally anything, even the fucking periodic table. As for the Gotham drinking game, I've seen it. It has fuck all to do with plot and everything with editing, cuts and character MANNERISMS.

I think you need to look up what "plot" is in the dictionary.
>>
>>77925007
The show's plot, for Gotham anyway, is pretty much the character mannerisms. Harvey does something shady. Gordon has to clean it up. Penguin fucks something up. Moonie goes all Boo Hoo and gets pissed. Everyone reacts. Ect.
>>
>>77924992
>So it's safe to say that they're there.
If you're referring to references in general, that's not the problem. References are fine. They're fun. They add to the world building of the show.

The problem comes when they halt dialogue, turn to the camera and say, "WE JUST MADE A REFERENCE! GET IT!?" and think its brilliant. Gotham actually does this. All the fucking time.
>>
>>77925067
Harvey's a straight cop now, Gordon is turning into Judge Dredd and Penguin got curbstomped. Moonie hasn't been in the series for half a season now and never was the "crying" sort.
>>
>>77924583
>>77924908
Gotham as a city is madness, neo acid, giant cyberpunk superlsums, screaming naked statues, cosplay heists and a world were crime is art. It's the city ten demented children would build out of ten different lego sets if they were on mescaline. A city ehere there is a supermarket for murduer weapons.

Gotham is utterly, wonderfuly,insanely artistically RIDICULOUS. Giant Type writers, mutants, men who commit crime gaudy costumes, even there serial killers have gimmicks. It's Gothic Surrealism, Camp Horror. And the series captures that by presenting seriously total Fucking batshit stuff.

Flamingo the Fucking Face Eater!!!

It's tonal cues owe a lot to Burton and Schumacher, and Morrisons Batman and Robin also played with Gotham's utter theatricality. Even the TECHNOLOGY is confused. The 30s,50s, 70s and modern day all mashed into one black tinged acid trip. Gotham is a place where every day is Dios De Los Meurtos. Every event is a performance piece and where ideas are weapons.

Gotham isn't some ncis clone or a standard super hero setting, it's something totally Bizarre and unique. A darker shade of silver.
>>
>>77924387
Not that guy, but that was one of the reasons I tuned out as well, so if that sort of thing has been lessened greatly I might try it again.

It's cute every now and then but dropping them in over and over had me rolling my eye before long.
>>
>>77924669
season 2 really picks up.
>>
>>77925185
>No consistent narrative or tone
>artistically RIDICULOUS

Is that how people are going to try and rationalize and eschew any negative criticisms now? "Its by design!" No. It was shit to begin with and its still shit.
>>
>>77923014
It's not Gotham or AoShit, so it's watchable.

I hope it's cancelled soon, but it doesn't give me cancer.

Those two sentences express my like/dislike for Supergirl.
>>
>>77925185
>It's tonal cues owe a lot to Burton and Schumacher

So its openly gay? Its mutlicolored, has dance numbers and rubber nipples?
>>
>show in danger of getting cancelled
>contemplate on doing a crossover
>company doinga gamble and decided to make it a full season
>lol sry laws and shit prevent us from doing crossover
i cant wait til this shit gets really cancelled
>>
>>77924710
But the 70s show was almost slovenly comics accurate. It's first episode was a literal copy paste job of Marstons first issue;it even kept the WW2 setting for season one. Only real issue was it's supernatural stuff wasa bit toned down due to budget.
>>
>>77925238
>AoShit
I was wondering how long it would take for this meme to rear its head. I'm actually shocked it took this long.

Also, confirmed for having never actually seen the show.
>>
File: supergirl qt.jpg (131KB, 1024x1325px) Image search: [Google]
supergirl qt.jpg
131KB, 1024x1325px
>>77922794
The only thing really good about Supergirl is that her actress is a qt.

it's honestly boring IMO.
>>
>>77925251
Stop with the drugs, anon. You clearly have no sense of reality. None of the things you said are true.
>>
>>77925268
>she's a qt
I wish she was as cute as that picture
>>
>>77925229
Gotham is a place where a guy in a silly pig mask will melt your face off.

Its biggest vilian is a CLOWN.

The city is inherently tonally messed up. Gotham should be everything but sane or consistent.
>>
>>77925331
>The city is inherently tonally messed up.
Doesn't mean the tone of the SHOW should be chaotic and all over the place. Do you even know how to properly tell a story?
>>
File: crying.gif (778KB, 196x207px) Image search: [Google]
crying.gif
778KB, 196x207px
>>77925266
But I've seen all three. AoS and Gotham are airborne cancer flu. Supergirl is... watchable, barely. Honestly if Melissa wasn't in the show I wouldn't give a fuck.

Learn to deal with different opinions than yours, kid.
>>
>>77925348
This. Its like Gotham is just a TV Tropes check list, rather than an actual interesting story.
>>
>>77925352
>But I've seen all three.
If that's true, you've only seen the first few AoS episodes. Your opinion can be disregarded.
>>
File: babby's butt aid.jpg (256KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
babby's butt aid.jpg
256KB, 1024x768px
>>77925391
I saw the entire first season and the first 4, 5 of season two. It was shit from the start but I kept believing till I couldn't take it anymore.

What now?
>>
>>77925352
>Learn to deal with different opinions than yours, kid.
...Says the anon recycling memes.

If you're going to pull the "differing opinions" argument, try forming your own opinion first.
>>
>>77925391
It's the problem with TV nowadays. People are so used to series being 100% the same throughout their tenure from real SHIT like CIS and Full House that they don't realise the writing may actually improve over time...
>>
>>77925411
>What now?
You just have shit taste. Nothing can be done about that. You can continue to live on in shame.
>>
File: butt hurt hotline.jpg (32KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
butt hurt hotline.jpg
32KB, 400x300px
>>77925414
>y-you can't say something I like is shit! That's not your own opinion
>>
>>77925352
pretty shitty gif for your bait
>>
>>77925251
Now imagine that they did that show back then, with actually sticking to the themes and the core parts of Wondy's story. And doing their own worldbuilding as well, since The Incredible Hulk was a hit as well, but fell so hard since it basically did the fuck-all-route too.

Think like if it was mixed with how Xena was.
>>
>>77925348
Gotham's tone is very consistent.
Gotham's overarching plot is as well. It's just not conventional as fuck, so if all you're used to is single/team of protagonist(s) goes through standard drama arc, you might genuinely be confused.
>>
>>77925495
>It's just not conventional as fuck
You're right. What was I thinking?! Gotham is the experimental arthouse movie everyone has always wanted... but as a tv series! Its nothing but innovative and extraordinaire! All criticism people have made are clearly done so by philistines who just don't understand the art Gotham is portraying!
>>
File: lel (2).jpg (26KB, 226x263px) Image search: [Google]
lel (2).jpg
26KB, 226x263px
>>77925449
>>77925473
>tfw you triggered the AoShit IDF

today was a good day
>>
>>77925541
No, that's Game of Thrones from season 4 onward.

Gotham is more like A Clockwork Orange meets Tim Burton meets John Rambo.
>>
>>77925541
Actually, I understand what that poster was trying to say, it is TRYING to be timeless, as in it exists in all time frames. Problem is, it's just not well enough put together to properly pull it off. For me anyway
>>
>>77924856

In The Flash, Harrison Wells mentioned Batman protecting his city in a conversation with Barry

they have a Batman
>>
>>77925598
>Gotham is more like A Clockwork Orange meets Tim Burton meets John Rambo.

That sounds atrocious.
>>
File: 415_thread_is_dildos.jpg (27KB, 465x364px) Image search: [Google]
415_thread_is_dildos.jpg
27KB, 465x364px
>>77925598
I give up
>>
>>77923458
>Supergirl
>Source material

Shit about her changes with just about every crisis. About the only thing kept consistent is she wears superman's colors and is (usually) on good terms with him.
>>
>>77925541
You're a faggot if you can't understand that Gotham's story is comprised over intertwining plots like how LOST, Twin Peaks or Sopranos is. Where Flash and Arrow are both stuck on that team based crime procedural dramas like CSI, Criminal Minds or SUV. Only thing is they don't press the reset button and move forward with the plot.

Unless Barry time jumps.
>>
>>77923483
And networks are the ones who own the studio.
And cameras.
And props.
And do most of the leg work with getting a functioning tv show put together.

I do not know the relationship between CBS/CW , but your statement is similar to asking why its so complicated to get Marvel/DC crossovers.
>>
>>77925614
>In The Flash, Harrison Wells mentioned Batman protecting his city in a conversation with Barry

Yeah, as a joke. The fact that you didn't pick up on that is a little bit alarming. Not everything a character says in a show is 100% serious.
>>
>>77925675
>LOST
The show where the writers had NO idea what they were doing. So much so, that they used fan theories to write themselves out of a corner.

>GUISE! ITS DEFINITELY NOT PURGATORY!
>Season 4 ending: ITS PURGATORY GUISE! SEE! WE TOLD YOU IT WASN'T WHAT YOU THOUGHT!

That was shitty, too. Maybe you're right. Gotham and Lost DO have a lot in common.
>>
>>77925706

Well if there isn't a real Batman, then why did the future newspaper have an article about a Wayne/Queen company merger?

You really think he was referring to some in-universe fictional version of Batman?
>>
>>77925675
>Where Flash and Arrow are both stuck on that team based crime procedural dramas like CSI, Criminal Minds or SUV.

That is probably the worst possible description of those shows I've ever heard. I question whether you've even seen a single episode from either.
>>
>>77925750
LoT trailer confirms they exist, just may not be at large yet since Vandal says it in the future. Batman could still be a myth, or he hasn't gone into the role yet

Actually....Ollie being a kind of mentor to Bruce would be cool.
>>
>>77925762
Not that anon, but that's spot on. Another way to put it is "trying to be Joss Whedon". Arrow, especially, is going the utterly predictable route. Flash, while following the same formula, is infinitely more entertaining due to LESS of that drama shit and what little there was being relevant in the finale in a positive manner (Eddie kills himself to eternally remain the better man).

You could call Arrow "Buffy written by hacks" and the Flash "Angel written the FeelsGood squad".
>>
>>77925850
>Flash "Angel written the FeelsGood squad"

Ironic, considering Angel was the "darker" show of the Buffyverse.
>>
>>77925872
Flash tends to stick to its overall plot more than Arrow, rather than get lost in drama. Hence why I compare it more to Angel than Buffy. In Flash, you get the feeling of a consistent plotline, whereas in Arrow, well, I haven't really heard than since season 2. Team Arrow gets WAY too sidetracked by personal issues, which reminds me a lot of the worse seasons of Buffy.
>>
>>77922794
>http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/legal-reasons-may-prevent-flash-and-supergirl-from-crossing-over
>And quite frankly, just making the 'Arrow'-verse which is what we call 'Legends,' 'Flash' and 'Arrow' work and then making 'Supergirl' work, it's enough of a challenge without having to add a fourth player."

Umm, you already added the Constantine universe and its baggage just by having the actor on, how did you not think of this little detail before giving him 10 mins on Arrow?
>>
>>77925762
Or you haven't watched enough tv to understand this.
Once you peg Cisco/Felicity as the tech/programmer role. And Wells/Stein/Flashdad/Blackdad and Lance/Malcolm/Fei/Ollie as the old guard or mentors.

Everything else falls into place.
Just don't watch a lot of crime dramas senpai, it's all shit.
>>
>>77925994
The sad thing is, Constantine was a much better show than Flash and Arrow combined.
>>
>>77924232
C'mon Tom
>>
>>77925288
what
>>
>>77925614

He said "THAT man" not Batman
>>
>>77925348
A show called Gotham shpuld be as chaotic and all over the place as Gotham itself.

The whple dark macabe thing IS it's tone it's not like camp gothic is something so alien, a show can have a varrying tone.
>>
>>77926010
>Or you haven't watched enough tv to understand this.
I've seen every episode of both shows. I quite enjoy the Flash. And Arrow is great when its on point. And I still think thats a horrid description.
>>
>>77926018
>Constantine was a much better show than Flash and Arrow combined.

Not even close. The acting (minus Matt Ryan, who was perfect) and special effects were utter trash. I swear, Angélica Celaya couldn't actually act out an actual emotion if her life depended on it.
>>
>TFW The Flash keeps on getting shit up by cross promotions from worse shows like Arrow and (soon to be) Legends of Tomorrow
>>
>>77926174
>Some scenes are slap stick and goofy
>Some scenes are grimdark
>Some scenes are slasher horror influenced
>Some scenes are cop drama
>GUISE IT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE A SHITTILY WRITTEN TONAL SHIFT! ITS TOTALLY ON PURPOSE. YOU KNOW, LIKE GOTHAM CITY!
>>
>>77926348
No, it really was a better comic show, the effects got better as the show went on too. Also, you are expecting far too much if you think this was bad. It had the effects spread out and very well. Where as Flash just spills it on Grodd (which I love). But Constantine monsters were NEAR Del Toro at the end of the season.

Fuck /co/ you made me sad for the loss
>>
>>77926500

Isn't constantine coming back for LOT?
>>
>>77926386
>tonal shifts are bad
>variance in tone is bad

If you were the guy yapping about "lowest common denominator", joke's on you.
>>
>>77926500
>But Constantine monsters were NEAR Del Toro at the end of the season.
You need to get your eyes checked, anon.
>>
>>77926660
The problem is all of those tones are in the same fucking episode. Not as story arcs across a season or between seasons or something.
>>
>>77926531
we can hope for season 2...can't we?
>>
>>77926683
That's funny because the tone does change according to which characters are involved, over their individual plot progression.
>>
>>77926662
Seemed pretty close to The Strain to me
>>
>>77922794
That makes absolutely no sense. WB would've gone into production saying "we want to crossovers" and everything so far says they got it in writing they could.

>>77925687
Supergirl is shot on the Warners lot. Warner Brothers makes all three shows.
>>
>>77926500
Constantine was the X-Files if the X-Files didn't take itself seriously, replaced aliens with angels, and had useless eye candy opposite the lead.

I miss Matt Ryan. He deserves another go at it.
>>
>>77926783
The strain was in a completely different league. And that's something, considering The Strain wasn't anything especially amazing either.
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.