[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here is hype for Tim Seeley's New Suicide Squad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: nss-15-cvr.jpg (63KB, 495x751px) Image search: [Google]
nss-15-cvr.jpg
63KB, 495x751px
And on another note, what did you think of Sean Ryan's run?
>>
Still waiting for Black Hand to join.
>>
>>77921641
I've got some bad news for you, Anon.

It's not happening.
>>
>>77921644
Probably. We won't get Cheetah, either. And if Ivy shows up it'll be because muh lesbian OTP.
>>
>>77921668
Yep, pretty sure Sean Ryan said she wasn't showing up either on Twitter.

It does make me wonder if he had any plans for these characters at all though before I assume editorial decided against using them.
>>
File: newsuicidesquad.jpg (553KB, 836x640px) Image search: [Google]
newsuicidesquad.jpg
553KB, 836x640px
>>77921712
Ruse of year. I'd read fuck out of this team.
Except Talon. Fuck Talon.
>>
>>77921712
I'm guessing he did but then even with the looser continuity DC said he had to change plans since Ivy is getting a mini and Black Hand is currently stuck in the source wall
>>
I kinda dug Murphy's run in the end. Wonder what he's doing next.
>>
>>77921877
He's doing Nova for Marvel IIRC.
>>
File: Ferreyra.jpg (252KB, 621x962px) Image search: [Google]
Ferreyra.jpg
252KB, 621x962px
>>77921618
Seeley's done plenty of subpar work but I'm looking forward to it because of Ferreyra
>>
Also here's some early thoughts on what we might have in store for the book so far from Tim Seeley:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/seeley-promises-dark-humor-teases-death-in-new-suicide-squad

>On HARLEY QUINN...

>My take on Harley is that she fell in love with the Joker, and it changed her life. And even though she's gotten over him, she never got over the world her association with him gave her. The color, the danger, the lack of rules, the madness of it all helps drown out the psychiatrist side of her that keeps saying, "You're crazy. You need help." She doesn't want to face what she did in the name of love.

>On DEADSHOT...

Floyd, to me, is a criminal who is way too smart to still be a criminal. Sure, he was young and dumb once, and he got himself in deep, but he could have gotten out. Got a real job. Made more money than he ever could as a merc. But going straight would have meant a slow death by cheeseburgers and nagging in-laws. The thrill of crime is that Floyd will probably die badly. Legendarily. Impressively. Maybe even tragically. He loves that.

>On BOOMERANG...

I think Digger is sort of an Elmore Leonard character, you know what I mean? He's a petty, cruel, horrible little man, but he's hard not to root for. I'm going to be playing up his grudge with Deadshot a lot in my run, because I think it's pretty obvious that what they hate about themselves they see in each other.

>On PARASITE...

>The new Parasite is just a cool design. He's basically a 1950s' movie monster. I love the way Aaron Kuder drew him in his "Forever Evil" one-shot. I don't have a ton of ideas for him, character-wise, but I always have room in my stories for a pink leech monster.
>>
>>77922234
>On BLACK MANTA...

>Manta had some pretty great moments in Sean Ryan's run, so in an effort not to immediately compete, he takes a backseat, at least at first, in my issues. I do think he's one of the purest "old school" supervillains on the team, though, with the classic "the hero ruined my life so now I hate him" motivations that were so prevalent in Silver Age DC Comics. If readers dig on my first arc enough, I'll make sure to bring him more into focus later.

>On AMANDA WALLER...

>When I first approach a project, I immediately do that pretentious writer things where I look for a nugget in each character that I can grab onto and build from there. In the case of Waller, I was immediately attracted to the fact that she's from Chicago. I've lived in Chicago for the past 14 years, and the idea that Waller escaped one of the rough neighborhoods and went onto become a hard ass makes a lot of sense to me. Plus, I can fill her dialogue with references to Lake Shore Drive and sausage, so everyone knows how legit Chi-town I am. [Laughs]
>>
>>77922099
Fuck, this will be worth it for the art alone. I'm just saying.
>>
>>77922234
That's a pretty good understanding of those characters. Consider me hopeful.

The previous run wasn't bad but it wasn't particularly good either. Manta was written horribly though.
>>
>>77922234
>>77922247
Nice. I'll be picking up his run.
>>
>>77922321
>Manta
>horribly
What's to hate about a Manta who realizes he can't kill Aquaman because he realizes he'd then have nothing to live for, so he goes around killing other people in his place, and then becomes disillusioned with all the inescapable incompetency of others?
>>
File: 1432557717524.png (211KB, 331x352px) Image search: [Google]
1432557717524.png
211KB, 331x352px
>>77921760
>ISIS
>>
>>77921760
>>77923006

Topical.
>>
>>77923006
Pity they chickened out and switched to League.
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 1440x810px
>>77922247
Hopefully he gives Waller more sausages instead of just having her talk about them.
>>
>>77923053
Changing the name didn't change the story, they did all the things ISIS does.
>>
>>77923090
Yeah, but I'd still like that they used ISIS for name.
>>
File: Copra01.jpg (107KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Copra01.jpg
107KB, 630x420px
Sounds like a decent new creative team, finally!

Wish they had put more a-list talent on the book tho (e.g. Azzarello/Risso).

Also... SS-mini/one-shot by Michel Fiffe when?
>>
>>77921618
>GbM artist

Sold.
>>
>>77923172
>Wish they had put more a-list talent on the book tho (e.g. Azzarello/Risso).

Yeah I genuinely don't get why all the writers so far have had pretty mediocre track records when they could get some serious A-List talent for the book.
>>
>>77921618
meh, seeley can only do so much, and because he is talented people forget he is pc as fuck.
>>
>>77921760
Talon was fucking awesome dude, so go fuck yourself.
>>
>>77921760
I bet this team was gonna happen but then the movie got announced or DC just realized that this property was getting too much attention to try random lineups
>>
>>77922234
This is part of what fucking pisses me off. Her whole crazy is she loved the joker. Once she isn't Joker crazy you lose part of what makes her so fucking good.
>>
>>77922247
fat when?
>>
>>77923172
>SS-mini/one-shot by Michel Fiffe when?

Why would he do that when he has his own better version of the book? He's not going to take time of his own work to draw unless it's something really short like that segment form Secret Romance

Dude writes, pencils, inks, colors, and letters his own comic. he doesn't have time for involved side jobs
>>
>>77923117
they probably didn't want the controversy of actually using real ISIS
>>
>>77922234
>On BOOMERANG
>I think Digger is sort of an Elmore Leonard character, you know what I mean?
Boomerang is Anton Chigurh?
>>
>>77922234
>The thrill of crime is that Floyd will probably die badly. Legendarily. Impressively. Maybe even tragically. He loves that.
Ehhh, Floyd is more of a death-seeker than a thrill-seeker. I guess he's got it sort of right.
>>
File: Bloodstrike26.jpg (179KB, 585x900px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodstrike26.jpg
179KB, 585x900px
Wonder how it'll compare to this.
>>
>>77922234
>On PARASITE...
>I don't have a ton of ideas for him

He's a two-bit thug who has the most dangerous super power on the whole fucking team. He could cause global levels of damage if he wanted to but lacks both the desire and ambition to do so. How are people not doing interesting things with this character?
>>
>>77923365
He made the time to write a year-long series at Marvel.

I didn't like it, but he did it.
>>
>>77924519
This was actually pretty good.
>>
File: BlackManta.jpg (297KB, 300x527px) Image search: [Google]
BlackManta.jpg
297KB, 300x527px
>>77922247
>Manta taking the backseat
fuck this shit
>>
>>77921618
Who's that on the top right? A trench creature from Aquaman or Parasite?
>>
>>77925031
Parasite.
>>
>>77925031
Nevermind.
>>
>>77922523
Really what I disliked was more his dialogue. It's a more recent thing to write him like a kind of stoic but I think it's more fitting.
>>
>>77922234
But Parasite's a good guy now.
>>
>>77924581
It sounds like he doesn't know what to do with him character wise, his powers are more obvious
>>
Don't care or know much about suicide squad, but Grayson is kind of cool, so I might give this a shot.
>>
>>77925184
Christ, this fucking quaker outfit on Wondie...
>>
>>77925184

is Tomasi's SM/WW any good?
>>
>>77925688
>wahhh I can't see her cleavage! Puritans ruining muh comics!
Please grow up
>>
>>77925772
What? She's literally covered head to toe. Stop projecting.
>>
>>77925688
I think it looks really nice
>>
>>77925772
a bloo bloo, people want different things than me and I can't tell the difference between someone being completely covered and not being dressed like a slut

u grow up
>>
Grayson-Midnighter-Suicide Squad crossover when?
>>
>>77925703
no
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.