[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are ugly people more likely to be villains? For example,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1692963-profile_twoface.jpg (80KB, 488x648px) Image search: [Google]
1692963-profile_twoface.jpg
80KB, 488x648px
Why are ugly people more likely to be villains?

For example, Harvey Dent, while handsome, is always on the side of good, but once you ugly him up, he instantly falls to being Two-Face, just because he can't stand being ugly.
>>
Not true if you're female.
>>
>>77920923
Beauty = Good
Ugly = Evil

It's a basic trope of fiction since humans first started telling each other stories.
>>
>>77920935
Because all females are evil.

That's another basic trope of fiction since humans first started telling each other stories.
>>
>>77920923

Halo effect

As human beings we're hard wired to make assumptions about a person's personality based on their physical appearance.

So, human beings that we're attracted to we believe with have attractive personalities, with the same holding true for ugly people, in that we believe they'll have ugly personalities.
>>
If Harvey had only had one-sixth of his body burned, would he have been Sixth-Face and used a six-side die?
>>
>>
File: LQbJKVH[1].jpg (128KB, 700x795px) Image search: [Google]
LQbJKVH[1].jpg
128KB, 700x795px
>>77921562
>>
Ever noticed that white people are beautiful, yet Slavs, Turks, Germans and Arabs are all ugly?
>>
>>77921566
lawl they forced that poor kid to blow himself up, I still lol at him crying while his buddies laugh at him then blow him up
>>
>>77920953
>That's another basic trope of fiction since humans first started telling each other stories.
Always found that hypocritical since men do all the raping and pillaging. Eve may have fucked us all, but she didn't kill her brother.
>>
>>77922151
Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Doom's current design, Dust, debatably Nightcrawler.
Also all German characters that are truly ugly are villains, most of them very old ones, too.
>>
>>77920923
stop making the same threads every day you backwards retard barneyfag
>>
>>77922285
But I'm talking real life. They're all ugly and evil, especially Germans and Arabs.
>>
>>77922323
You are aware that Germany has been exporting actors and models to the US for a while now, right?
And may I remind you who is bombing Middle East and who takes care of the people fleeing the war?
The US do the bombing, Turkey Jordan, Lebanon and Germany take the refugees.
>>
Harvey's bad side was always there.

Now Jonah Hex, there's a guy who didn't let his face getting unjustifiably disfigured turn him into a villain.
>>
>>77920923
The outside reflects the inside.

Alternatively, their ancestors didn't have good mating standards, and let in a bunch of cruddy genes.
>>
>>77922323
>germans
>not white
uw0t
>>
>>77922537
Back in Ben Franklin's day they weren't considered as such.
>Those who come hither are generally of the most ignorant Stupid Sort of their own Nation... and as few of the English understand the German Language, and so cannot address them either from the Press or Pulpit, ’tis almost impossible to remove any prejudices they once entertain... Not being used to Liberty, they know not how to make a modest use of it... I remember when they modestly declined intermeddling in our Elections, but now they come in droves, and carry all before them, except in one or two Counties... In short unless the stream of their importation could be turned from this to other colonies, as you very judiciously propose, they will soon so out number us, that all the advantages we have will not in My Opinion be able to preserve our language, and even our Government will become precarious.

>Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Language or Customs, any more than they can acquire our Complexion.

And now the midwest is full of Germanic people.
>>
Because ugly = societal outcast and societal outcast = villainy.
>>
File: handsome26n-3-web.jpg (111KB, 970x1140px) Image search: [Google]
handsome26n-3-web.jpg
111KB, 970x1140px
>>77922151
>>77922323

I don't think you're a very good judge of beauty or colour.Slavs and Germans are white for instance and many arabs (picture included) probably fall under "white" as well.

As for handsomeness, you have only to see the picture included. That, is a very handsome Arab man.
>>
it's just a part of human nature
tall and handsome will get a better chance at most job interviews than someone who's short and ugly
>>
>>77922563
That's because race is a social construct
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.