[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know he was always just a meme character, but is the Main Man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: mainman.jpg (112KB, 616x487px) Image search: [Google]
mainman.jpg
112KB, 616x487px
I know he was always just a meme character, but is the Main Man really gone for good?
>>
>>77918447
I hope not.

The faggot design that the have for the N52 bullshit looks retarded and effeminate. Nothing to what Lobo should be. Space biker/bounty hunter/ hells angel design was the best, and Biz drew him the best fallowed by Giffen, of course.
The new direction was ill advised near sighted and straight up imbecilic. Fuck DC Editorial for this garbage. They should get cancer for not only fucking up the Main Man, but for the garbage that the have turned DC into.
>>
>>77918505
It's weird that they fucked up lobo but Slade still looks cool.
>>
>>77918555
Spade fits into their CW and CN properties. They don't know what to do with Lobo.

Hers an idea: let Keith Giffen write the character because no one else can do it properly.

Every time another writer gets ahold of him he becomes another fucking jobber. It's pathetic. Fucking disgraceful.
>>
>>77918590
>Spade

Lol

I meant Slade.
>>
File: Demon vs Lobo 3.jpg (202KB, 602x900px) Image search: [Google]
Demon vs Lobo 3.jpg
202KB, 602x900px
He may have been a meme that was combined with edgy 90's characters... But man he had more personality than nuBo. I remembered being exposed to him in Etrigan's comic for the first time.
>>
File: 3023274-2171248166-15527.jpg (50KB, 600x355px) Image search: [Google]
3023274-2171248166-15527.jpg
50KB, 600x355px
>>
Honestly I don't care if Lobo is a 'dated' joke, I think it's still hilarious and would happily eat up more.
>>
>>77918505
I thought the Nu52 Lobo would be perfect if he went in the same vein of parodying the other Nu52 characters but he was just kinda there doing nothing.
>>
>>77918590
Properly written Lobo is as goofy as it is violent. His 90's book barley fit in with dc continuity it got to the point where he could only cross over with Etrigan. I don't read new 52 but I assume there's no room for comedy.
>>
>>77918590
They won't.

Lobo's been earmarked for being turned into a movie and the suits making the movies HATE Hells Angel Lobo. They want a Lobo that is more Edward from Twilight (DC's own words) and not a super violent parody of action movies and 80s grim and gritty heroes)
>>
>>77918615
Alan Grant was writing both of their solo comics at the time. Coming form 2000AD and especially Judge Dredd he knew how to do ludicrous violence while still being funny

The Lobo/Mask crossover is probably the greatest thing The Main Man has ever been a part of
>>
>>77918784
That sounds gay as fuck.
>>
>>77918688
We just had a Bat-Mite mini and a Bizzaro mini.

>>77918800
I'm very partial to Hitman/Lobo myself.
>>
>>77918784
The suits at DC have always hated Lobo, even when he was popular. However because the character was doing well they didn't get involved, because running a business was more important that their personal feelings about a character.

Times have changed
>>
Faggot did you even READ Lobo?

Lobo was a MAJOR part of the DC Universe. He was a major figure in the LOTSH spin-off LEGION and had semi-annual fights with Superman and played HUGE roles in SEVERAL major X-Overs (War of the Gods, Bloodlines).

His main books were acceptable as far as canon-wise until 1995, when domestic sales dropped huge when they made the switch from minis to an ongoing and they yanked him from the REBELS relaunch of LEGION because of it.

His ongoing, only then, became non-canon in so far as the book only existing due to foreign sales and became a containment book.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpFplmMcjOE
>>
>>77918447
>he was always just a meme character

He really wasn't though. Legit the best satire of shitty 90s cape books.
>>
>>77918590
>let Keith Giffen write the character because no one else can do it properly

Not true at all. There are at least three Lobo writers that have done the character well.
>>
>>77918807
>Bat-Mite mini and a Bizzaro mini

Which bombed.
>>
>>77918959
> 90s
Lobo was a satire of the 80's as well.
Specifically the more lethal heroes of Marvel like Ghost Rider, Punisher, and Wolverine
>>
>nubo

Why didn't they just kill him. Anything but turning him into a fucking edward
>>
>>77918828
Didn't they bring him back in REBELS v.2 anyway?
>>
>>77918784
>Edward from Twilight

Mother of god.
>>
File: lobo beating up superfag.jpg (269KB, 701x1023px) Image search: [Google]
lobo beating up superfag.jpg
269KB, 701x1023px
old school lobo beat up superman for fun
>>
File: LOBO-13-3-300a4.jpg (398KB, 900x1384px) Image search: [Google]
LOBO-13-3-300a4.jpg
398KB, 900x1384px
NûBo seemed to be in the middle of transforming towards closer to the classic version of Lobo in the last issue of his solo ongoing this week. He's gone a bit bat-shit crazy and thus getting more and more rugged, and unhinged, away from the psychobilly look he debuted with.
>>
>>77921448

That wasn't for fun, he was being paid.
>>
>>77918663
that would require the writers in charge of him to actually posses creative wit or humor. Those are in short supply at DC right now. They need to either start hiring new talent or expand themselves a little and actually look outside their usual pool of writers.
>>
>>77918807
Bat-mite and Bizzaro were fluff compared to Lobo/Demon/Hitman. Neither of those books did much but play it safe.
>>
He's not gone from our hearts.
>>
>>77921503
Huh, I have to say, that 2nd panel does look a hell of a lot more like the Main Man.
>>
Wasn't Lobo circumcised at one point? I tried enjoying his stuff, but the satire is way over the top for me, I'm used to the suitableness of Europeans where I get so caught up I miss the point.
>>
File: Lobo2.jpg (55KB, 550x304px) Image search: [Google]
Lobo2.jpg
55KB, 550x304px
>>77921503
lol they are seeing sales are low so they change newbo to look like lobo
>>
>>77923730
>I'm used to the suitableness of Europeans
The vast majority of the good Lobo stuff was written by a European
>>
>>77918800
I'll always love that Lobo/ Batman comic with all the pointless changes.
>>
>>77918505
can we just nuke nu52 and go back to how things were before
>>
>>77923791
Lobo was never subtle.
>>
>>77921503
Too little too late.
>>
>>77921503
>yfw Lobo is a technomagical concept virus that takes over whoever kills "him"
>NuBo is turning into classic Lobo like countless others have done before, we're just seeing the cycle first hand this time.
>>
Didn't old Lobo exist as a head in NuLobo's belt or something? Was that just cover art bullshit?
>>
>>77918784
do you have a source?
>>
>>77918590
I don't think Keith Giffen wants to write Lobo.
>>
>>77918447
I don't get the editorials for this, sure Nubu was more in scene, but a scene that was destined to die. Like Goth died, and Emo died (I don't see it anymore),

Women still get when at powerful bikes
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.