[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you make a Legend of Zelda cartoon in the 21st century,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: windwaker.jpg (168KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
windwaker.jpg
168KB, 1024x768px
How would you make a Legend of Zelda cartoon in the 21st century, and what would you do to make it good?
>>
>>77830189

10 minute shorts format along the lines of over the garden walls.
>>
>>77830189
Goddamn WindWaker is so fucking good

My favorite 3D Zelda and Adventure game
>>
>>77830189
>what would you do to make it good?
Pig Ganon. No Ganondorf bullshit
>>
File: 86eKa4Y.jpg (22KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
86eKa4Y.jpg
22KB, 320x240px
EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME PRINCESS
>>
>>77830189
Make sure the Japs make it
>>
File: 1397039696714.gif (3MB, 384x239px) Image search: [Google]
1397039696714.gif
3MB, 384x239px
>>77831027
>Make sure the Japs make it
How bad can it be it we Americans made it
>>
Make Navi constantly spout memes
>>
>>77830272
How is Ganondorf bullshit?
>>
>>77830234
This. Make sure to include episodes that are super comfy as well as more action orientented ones that lend weight to the whole hero's journey thing.
>>
>>77830189
Make it a film series and give it to Don Bluth or Studio Ghibli.
>>
>>77830272

I would make Pig Ganon a Ganondorf transformation, kinda like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql5q4TYxDgs
>>
Action adventure comedy miniseries. Each episode is essentially "Hey Link, go to this location and fetch this thing for me!"

You can't make a good LoZ cartoon without making Link speak. And a main character who only communicates through grunting and silent nods would get annoying fast.
>>
>>77830189
A priest attempts to revive Ganondorf on an archipelago and Link must stop him. 11 minute episodes made by Studio Titmouse.
>>
>>77830189
>How would you make a Legend of Zelda cartoon in the 21st century

so what like Link works an office job or as an IT guy?
>>
>>77831945
>You can't make a good LoZ cartoon without making Link speak

Yes you can. Hell I can see a 10 minute cartoon about WW link reacting to shit being hilarious
>>
Assuming it's not basing it's continuity on a single game.

A pre-teen boy is living on a farm with is Aunt and Uncle. His Uncle is a reserved member of the Royal Guard, but won't let Link anywhere near a sword, wanting him to pursue a more practical life as a farmer. While on the farm, we see some character building stuff with Link, such as saving a girl from the village from a bunch of hostile Kekoos or penning a stampede of Pigs with his Uncle.

One day, while farming, Link is pretending to sword fight with a wooden sword, chopping down tall plants.He's approached by a mysterious Old Man, which takes Link aback, who offers to take Link in as an apprentice, as he reminds him of the hero of Legends. Link considers it, but ultimately refuses when he realizes what his Uncle would say. The Old Man is disheartened and leave's Link to his farming.

At Dinner that night, Link makes the mistake of telling his Uncle, and he is furious; locking Link up in his room for his own protection for the night. Shortly after, he gets an alert that the Castle is being attacked by some mysterious enemies.

Ganandorf, centuries after his defeat by the Hero of Legends, has returned to a physical form. Everyone believes he is simply trying to de-throne the King, but what is truly after is the King's hidden treasure - A piece of the Tri-Force.

Link's Uncle is killed, and Ganandorf retrieves his treasure, along with the King's daughter as a hostage to keep the King from seeking justice, as he continues his quest for the other pieces of the Triforce throughout Hyrule, furious that it has been split into pieces, believing the King to have had the entire thing.

P 1/2
>>
>>77832643
Link, wanting to avenge his Uncle seeks out the Old Man. After some searching, he discovers him in the old caverns outside the village, but he refuses to teach him, as it is to dangerous for a child to partake in such a quest. Link tells him he doesn't care and that he'll go on the quest, with or without a sword, but as he leaves, the man gives him a sword telling him it's dangerous to go alone.

The rest of the show is Link on a quest to defeat Ganondorf. In the first few episodes of his quest, he free's Princess Zelda from her Moblin captors. She informs him that the only way to defeat Ganondorf, to her knowledge, is to use the Power of the Tri-Force, before he is able to use it to become the powerful pig-monster Ganon. Episodes include, Link meeting new characters to move along his quest, but growing as a person. He'll need bombs, so asks around before finding a child Goron who tells him they have plenty, but he is lost and needs Link's help to get home. After Link returns him, he's told that they can't spare him any bombs, as they're all dying from starvation from King Dodongo's hostile takeover, so Link decides to defeat him, which also rewards him with a piece of the Tri-Force, before he's forced into another side-quest that will eventually lead him to Ganondorf. This also includes Shiek teaching him, maybe even Navi tagging along.

Ultimately, Ganandorf is able to become Ganon, and all looks bleak. But Link is able to obtain the Master Sword, and they're locked in a final battle. Link appears to die in the process, but a Fairy Heals him, and he is able to take down Ganon, distracted now that he believed he had beat the re-incarnation of the Hero of Legend.

In the end, everything is alright, and Link is the new hero of Hyrule.

P 2/2
>>
First, I would pick a Zelda game to base the cartoon on. Then I would pick the important parts of the game and divide them by the amount of episodes the cartoon will have. And then I would just have to make a story where Link would have to go to X place for the episode; every episode will have its own story but at the same time will follow a main story. I'd also try to summarize the main story in a few less episodes than the total amount to make "filler" episodes based on the sidequests.
>>
>>77830234
That's probably the best format.

I'm seeing an overarching plot, but not seriously enough that someone would miss much if they watched them out of order. More focus on exploration and crazy new dungeons/towns/races than dialogue, but it's not necessary to make most of the cast mute. Just have them hint at small bits of the legends surrounding the Hero in Green or, shots of landscapes/towns that suggest what might have formed them, without going into detail.

Setting should feel wide and pretty, but a little empty. Equal parts devoted to discovering cool, mystic ruins and passing puzzles and actual fight scenes, with some episodes more or less fighty than others.

Humor still exists, but more physical than through dialogue. When a new item is introduced, like a bow or clawshot, Link should fumble around with it a few episodes before getting the hang of it. Link's quiet nature (compared to, say, Mario or Sonic) makes him ideal for expression emotions through face faults; the same for Zelda, to an extent. Also, should have fairy companion for their personalities to clash with, like in the original cartoons; someone with Midna or Tatl's quick wit and disdain make them the best foils.

Ganondorf comes across as a dignified, responsible, and charismatic leader who's friendly and fair with his men, only to shock everyone by literally or figuratively becoming a beast in combat. Link tries to be a cool, stoic loner who's seen it all, but his general inexperience, natural sense of curiosity, and bad luck leave him looking more like a cute kid who keeps going, even knowing he's in over his head and will probably die. Zelda tries to paint herself as a strategic genius and symbol of her people, but sometimes gets too full of herself an makes blunders, or comes across as naive or sheltered. Other characters often join for an episode or two.

>>77831200
Weren't the two CDI games animated by Russians?
>>
>>77832248
Yeah, a one-off could work, but an entire series would be implausible. And I think OP meant a whole series.
>>
File: Shadowrun.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>77832863
>>
File: So fluffy.png (671KB, 586x760px) Image search: [Google]
So fluffy.png
671KB, 586x760px
>>77831945
Could work pretty well as a comedy, from what I've seen of that one Wind Waker short. Although to keep it fresh, there might need to be more variety in plots than fetch quests. Like one where Ganon's trying to invade and the Hyrule army is totally lazy and useless. Or have Link failing to get Tingle/Navi to stop bothering him. Or where Link is annoyed at being plopped into the third parallel dimension this month, dammit.

>>77832681
Sounds a bit gamey and minimal, but it does seem to focus on the aspect of mystery and confusion that made earlier games cool. I'm curious about how you see the characters changing over time - Link comes across as pretty forward and adventurous here.

>>77832801
There are so many different aspects of Zelda games - and not all of them would translate well to other media, like backtracking or block puzzles - that I'm not sure sticking to one game is the best idea. Still, it does give it a bit of focus, something to ground it in - that can be useful to prevent it from introducing too much for its own good.

Also, agreeing to a smaller number of episodes in exchange for higher quality per episode.
>>
It could be like pokemon origin(s)
The story follows link for the beginning, then a montage of all the dungeons, and then the final battle
This is assuming it's for Ocarina of Time
>>
>>77833900
I'm >>77832801
I would like to show how I would work a Zelda cartoon. I will use Wind Waker because I finished it recently and can remember more things. I'll do it in 20 episodes.

01: The kidnap of Aryl; we meet Link and his sister, Aryl. The first 4 minutes will be about them and their life together in Outset Island. Then she's kidnapped by that giant bird. Link goes to the forest and find Tetra. She helps him to get to Forsaken Fortress. Unlike the game, Link will try to enter, but it will impossible and gets quickly kicked out. The episode ends with him being rescued by the King of Red Lions (the talking boat).
02: Windfall Island; Link arrives to Windfall Island and we meet the different characters Link with interact with for the rest of the series. We also meet Tingle here. Tingle will appear in many episodes for comic relief. The episode ends with him getting the sail to travel through the ocean.
03: The Rito Tribe: The boat tells Link to get the three pearls and go to Dragon Roost Island and we meet Prince Komali and Medli. The first 3 minutes will be about presenting characters and the next 5 will be about Link and Medli. Unlike the game, Medli will accompany Link through the cavern (for interaction sake) and the cavern won't be too long to pass. The episode ends with Medli being captured and Link having the defeat the boss.
04: The Tree of Life; the episode starts with Link fighting the boss and saving Medli and getting the pearl from Komali. Then they go to Forest Haven and we meet the Deku Tree. Link goes into the Forbidden Woods to save Makar and meets him halfway, the other half of the episode is them trying to get out together. He receive the other pearl here.
05: The Tower of the Gods; Link goes to Outset Island to talk to Jabun and get the final pearl. Then the Tower of the Gods appear and it's revealed the story of Hyrule and its king. Link gets the Master Sword in this episode.

1/4
>>
>>77834739
06: The Legend of Zelda; Link goes to Forsaken Fortress to save Aryl. We see Tetra again and she decides to help him. They go together until the top and save Aryl. Aryl leaves with the pirates while Link and Tetra fight Ganon. They didn't win, but they were rescuen by the Rito people. They go back to the Tower of the Gods and to the former Hyrule Castle where the episode ends revealing that Tetra is Zelda.
07: A day in the Life of Medli; this episode doesn't continue the main story. It's a feel good episode about the daily life of Medli after Link helped her with Prince Komali.
08: The Ice Island; After returning Aryl back home, Link goes back to Windfall Island where he hears rumors about an icy island in the middle of the ocean. Excited about it, Link goes to said island. The entire episode is about Link trying to survive the Ice Island. At the end he opens the chest and find the Iron Boots, but they are too heavy and can't get them out, so he leaves them there. In the game you get the Power Bracelets, but we won't need them here and the Iron Boots work better for this joke. The fire island will be omited.
09: The Earth Temple; Link goes to the Earth Temple where he sees the ghost of the former sage of the temple, he goes get Medli and go through the temple together. She decides to stay there and just asks him to take care of Prince Komali. It should be a feels episode.
10: The Wind Temple; the same as the previous one, but with Makar.

2/4
>>
>>77830189
>what would you do to make it good
Shitcan it, the only winning move in this scenario is to not play
>>
Not include Link.

He's just a tool of the player, and his "inability to speak" is the biggest hindrance. Take link out of the picture, mention an elf hero legend/rumors sporadically, and focus on Princess Zelda and the royal family as the deal with the Gerudo and other clans. She can interact with different characters and be fine.

No one thought Batman without Batman would work but then we got Gotham.
>>
>>77835129
11: Link's on the case!; Link hears from the salesman in Windfall Island that someone is stealing from his safe, so Link makes guard that night waiting for the bulglar. He meets a girl (whose name I can't remember) that is stealing the rupees from the safe. Instead of facing her, Link follows her around the island. He sees how her life is and what she has to go through. The next day he told the salesman that he didn't see anyone, but he better just change the lock and keep the password to himself just in case. The episode ends with Link giving almost all his rupees to her. She never found out who gave them to her nor knew that she was being followed.
12 and 13: The Triforce; two parter ending. Link goes through a series of tasks to find the 8 shards of the Triforce in the first episode. In the second episode he goes to Ganon's Tower with Tetra and use the light arrow to try to defeat him. Link wins and the peace returns to the world. The final scene is like the game, everyone goes on board and set sail for the next adventure. The End.

I was going to do it in 20 episodes, but I could made it fit in 13.

3/3
>>
File: 1448389755493.jpg (46KB, 715x734px) Image search: [Google]
1448389755493.jpg
46KB, 715x734px
I know what you are asking but i want to see a cartoon where LoZ characters live in the 21st century
>>
>>77835310
But Gotham does have Batman. The character has been exposed to the public at virtually every stage in his life, so even if he's a tween people can still accept him.
>>
>>77835367
Go home, Michael Bay, you are drunk.
>>
A) base it after Wind Waker and concentrate it on Link/Tetra adventures around world of flooded Hyrule being altruistic and shit.

B) Base it during Wind Waker and show different extra action/comedic shenanigans.

C) Remove Link and do comfy cartoon about world of Wind Waker. Game has a lot of characters to play with and I wouldn't mind pulling people out of their asses.
>>
I feel like it shouldn't be based on any of the existing titles as that would likely limit it, that said I feel the best place to take inspiration from would be Wind Waker as far as the overall style and feel goes. It objectively has the best Link as well. It would need to be made by people who have a deep appreciation and knowledge of the games or it would all be for naught. I feel like a fairy companion would be necessary.
>>
It would literally be Adventure Time with a silent protagonist and less eccentric characters.
>>
File: Story Mode Chapter 7.gif (2MB, 295x163px) Image search: [Google]
Story Mode Chapter 7.gif
2MB, 295x163px
>>77831200
>I could hear every line, as well as background music, clear as day in my head while watching this whole .gif

Years of watching YouTube Poops has done this to me.
>>
>>77835367
IIRC one of the original concepts behind LoZ was some degree of time travel, with the "Triforce" being microchips instead of a mystical object.

So my LoZ story would probably involve something like that, with Zelda being a legendary heroine from the past, Link a farmer in the "present" (which is really more inline with the typical, medieval setting), and Ganon being a conqueror/warlord from the future. Ganon's using his piece of the triforce to locate the other two pieces, lost to the ages, and travels back not just to find their last known locations, but to also set in motion plans to insure a future ruled by him. Link happens upon the Triforce of Courage just as Ganon arrives from the future, and must keep it safe lest Ganon become even more powerful.

Because the enemies are more advanced, Link's time is at an incredible disadvantage. Fortunately, Link finds a way to use the Triforce of Courage the same way Ganon did, and is able to go even further into the past to last known holder of the Triforce of Wisdom: Princess Zelda.

Link and Zelda work together to conquer monsters that plauged the past, and in turn Link obtains magical artifacts and abilities that gives him an edge in the present. Occasionally he may even be flung to Ganon's future where he picks up devices and equipment that can help him out in the past and present.

Altogether, Link will need to use everything he's learned and gathered across time to face Ganon, put an end to his plans, and save all three eras from his tyranny.
>>
Pirates of Dark Water.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.