[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come the last 5 Green Lanterns of Space Sector 2814 have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

How come the last 5 Green Lanterns of Space Sector 2814 have all been from Earth? And how come they're all from America?
>>
because the comics were made by Americans.
>>
>>77818288
GL rings in sector 2814 are lazy as fuck.
>>
>>77818288
The Rotworld alt-future had a lantern of 2814 not from earth who was pretty cool.
>>
Because Earthlings have the hypest emotions and Americans are pig headed as fuck, which translates to high willpower.
>>
File: AMURICA.jpg (46KB, 432x361px) Image search: [Google]
AMURICA.jpg
46KB, 432x361px
Because Americans are the greatest country on the greatest planet in Space Sector 2814.
>>
>>77818606
>in the greatest sector
ftfy

Seriously though, Abin Sur happened to crash in California, which means Hal and Guy both had to be from fairly close to that area. Kyle is because Ganthet is a fucking human fetishist, Simon because Hal is a speciesest, which is also why the Guardians chose John, probably.
>>
Hal was closest, Guy was a predetermined back up, John was the Messiah, Kyle because shut up.
>>
>>77818693
John hasn't been the Messiah for what, twenty years now? Everyone after Jones just seemed to forget about that. (Which is too bad, Mosaic was pretty damn good, if somewhat John-wanky.)
>>
>>77818292
This desu.
>>
>>77818724
Niggas can't be messiahs.
>>
>>77818770
>Niggas can't be messiahs.
>>
File: Get used to it.jpg (84KB, 325x829px) Image search: [Google]
Get used to it.jpg
84KB, 325x829px
>>77818770
>>
>>77818821
Damn, he's so unnaturaly black I thought he was Darkseid for a moment there.
>>
Them being from earth is easy to explain away, since Earth is both the center of the multiverse and the home of the white light entity
>>
>>77818840
It's the couch.
>>
Has Simon Baz ever been relevant since his creation?
His first appearance on a cover was him holding a fucking gun as a GL
>>
File: glwlentity.jpg (926KB, 2560x1960px) Image search: [Google]
glwlentity.jpg
926KB, 2560x1960px
It's so they can protect the White Lantern Entity. Christ people, read a book.
>>
>>77818899

That's clearly a bench, not a couch.
>>
>>77818940
The white pokemon is the dumbest idea ever. Fucking Johns being a retard as usual.
>>
>>77818918
He has far away the best Lantern costume, so he has that going for him.
>>
>>77818918
He was barely even relevant then

He's supposed to be in Edge of Oblivion though

>>77818984
Not with that ugly mask
>>
File: glkingdomcome1.jpg (75KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
glkingdomcome1.jpg
75KB, 1024x768px
>>77818984
>oogah boogah gimme yo wallet costume
>best costume
Uh, no. Guy's costume is great, I like John's look here >>77818821 , Hal's is iconic, and Kyle's is a new twist on all of that. Simon Baz is completely forgettable.
>>
>>77819264
>>77819020
His costume's fucking great, you guys are just high.
>>
File: Simon_Baz_with_gun.jpg (716KB, 1347x1643px) Image search: [Google]
Simon_Baz_with_gun.jpg
716KB, 1347x1643px
>>77819375
No, seriously, it's one of the worst costumes I've ever seen. A black hood. On a black muslim. Carrying a gun. From the neck down it looks like fitness wear. He's even wearing lifting gloves. It's absolutely terrible.
>imma have glowing Qur'an writings on my arm while I wear a black hood and point a gun at people, that will make everyone love me!
Thought no one ever.

That costume is an abomination, Johns. Stop posting on 4chan and go write comics.
>>
>>77819375
It's good from the neck down, I dislike the full mask

Hal and Guy's costumes are my favorites
>>
>>77819264
He looks like an old faggot that got lost on his way to a LARP.
>>
>>77818288
You mean the last six are from earth, there was a leprechaun before Kyle
>>
>>77819375
It looks like a joke you'd see in a parody of superheroes.

I fucking WISH I was high, give me some of the shit you're smoking.
>>
>>77818288
Carol Ferris, Queen of the Star Sapphires, is from Earth and the US too

Rankorr and Dex-Starr were both Red Lanterns from Earth. But at least Rankorr was from another continent
>>
>>77818288
The simple answer is that proximity is one of the search criteria.
>>
File: glrlguy.jpg (209KB, 550x835px) Image search: [Google]
glrlguy.jpg
209KB, 550x835px
>>77819533
Goddamn, you're cynical. What's a costume you do like?
>>
>>77819483
The costume is nice at a glance but then when you look at it, it just falls apart.

Why does he have a gun?
Doesn't that contradict the idea of a Qur'an verse on his arm?
Anyone who actually follows the Qur'an wouldn't have a tattoo because that's an affront to their god.
Where'd his nose go?
>>
File: ruckus.jpg (47KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
ruckus.jpg
47KB, 720x480px
>>77818785
KNOW YUH PLACE, NIGGUHH
>>
File: 1447088347780.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1447088347780.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>77818288
Greatest planet in sector 2814, greatest country on that planet
>>
>>77820040
what's wrong with his mouth?
>>
>>77819651
>Why does he have a gun?

His ring was wonky when he first got it and didn't work right, so he kept the gun as backup. Then he continued to keep it in case the rings power went out.

I always wondered why most lanterns don't keep back-up weapons of some sort.
>>
>>77820238
Lanterns don't kill?
>>
>>77820249
They weren't able to before Sinestro Corps War but they've been allowed to use lethal force since then

I can understand why he kept the gun but having him do pistol constructs is dumb and steps on John's toes too much
>>
Hal spent so much time dealing with American problems that life in the rest of the Sector and the Planet ended up destroyed by different supervillains.
>>
>>77820238

The ring is powered by your faith in it. Abin Sur died because he was made to distrust his ring.
>>
The ring is lazy as shit and doesn't want to leave the planet.
>>
>>77820427
Abin Sur died because he was a punk ass bitch and also the yellow impurity got his ass killed.
>>
>>77818288
Space sector 2184 is very nearly dead, in terms of civilizations. It's like: Earth, Mars, Venus... And a couple of fleet-based species with mono cultures.
America is this wierd amalgamative poly-culture which requires some willpower to express yourself fully, and said willpower won't get hammered down by society-police.

Anyway: it's a comic. And a french-canadian lantern who defiantly speaks English just hasn't been done yet.
>>
>>77818651
>Abin Sur happened to crash in California, which means Hal and Guy both had to be from fairly close to that area
The pre-nerf ring circled the planet at lightspeed to scan the whole planet, senpai
>>
>>77820654
Yeah it found Hal and Guy both qualified but it picked Hal since he was closer (also the Guardians used their what-if machine to see that Guy would have died anyway if he got the ring first) so Guy ended up the back-up, until he got hit by a bus

Man I love silver age GL
>>
Can't explain why America, but Earth is the epicenter of so much shit going down that it needs extra GLs.
>>
>>77819483
Why the fuck did they make a terrorist a Green Lantern?
>>
>>77820721
As it turns out he was only a suspected terrorist, I'm pretty sure the JLA wiped his record or something
>>
>>77820697
>Guy ended up the back-up, until he got hit by a bus

You forgot the part where he when he finally got to be GL for a day a power battery exploded in his face and he went into a coma and was pulled into the Phantom Zone and got tortured
>>
>>77821093
And Hal dated his girlfriend while they thought he was dead

No wonder Guy ended up such a dick
>>
>>77818840
He's just really dark-skinned and ashy
>>
>>77818918
I love his character design so I hope they start using him more and actually make him interesting
>>
>>77820728
Would have been better if he was an ex-terrorist or something who actually did get tortured and not breaking was an example of his willpower
>>
>>77819651
>Why does he have a gun?
Backup weapon
>Doesn't that contradict the idea of a Qur'an verse on his arm?
Yeah probably, but really so what? There are Muslims in the military. They use guns.
>Anyone who actually follows the Qur'an wouldn't have a tattoo because that's an affront to their god.
This is a really silly way of thinking. There are tons of Christians who get tattoos of Bible verses and whatnot even though there are parts of the Bible that say you aren't supposed to get inked.
>Where'd his nose go?
true. I guess it's just really flat and wide
>>
>>77821740
I'd like this too, give the character a bit of depth.
He could be the Luke Cage of Green Lanterns
>>
>>77819483
Why is he black? He's Lebanese.
>>
>>77821803
>Luke Cage of GLs

In terms of backstory, that'd probably fit Jack T. Chances profile. UNTIL HE FUCKING DIED. FUCK YOU JOHNS
>>
>>77819584
At least Dex-Starr is a different species

Also, can Red Rings just not pronounce "Dexter"?
>>
>>77822048
Dexter isn't menacing.
>>
>>77822048
I used to think that Reds just got new names when they joined up but only Dexstar and Rankorr did.
>>
>>77822119
Atrocitus did too, though he changed his own name.
It's probably that type of thing
>>
>>77820654
>The pre-nerf ring circled the planet at lightspeed to scan the whole planet, senpai
Yeah, but John Stewart was probably picked (in part) because he was from the same culture as Hal -- he was explicitly made GL to challenge Jordan's decision to ignore social issues at home.
Kyle became GL because Ganthet was bringing the ring to Guy Gardner, but he refused to take it, so Ganthet had to pick the most vaguely-appropriate candidate nearby. (And got lucky.)

It all stems from Hal, ultimately. The other candidates were from North America because their selection process was skewed by who was the first GL.
>>
>>77822201
You really have to think what was going on in his head when he came up with this idea.
>I'll change my name from Atros to Atrocitus, that sounds really intimidating
>I'll also use blood magic to make rings like those fucking midgets on Oa
>and also make us puke acid blood because that shit is awesome
>But so I'll look the coolest, all the other Reds are braindead monsters

>>77822254
>Ganthet was bringing the ring to Guy Gardner, but he refused to take it,

That was a small retcon but that was one I liked. There was also an annual in the 70's where Superman was the first pick but he refused it or something. I haven't read it in fucking years.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.