[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shows that were ruined by "Lore".

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: AdventureTime.jpg (1MB, 2500x1406px) Image search: [Google]
AdventureTime.jpg
1MB, 2500x1406px
>>
>>77808067
more like ruined for not commitingé
if they actually sticked to their changes the show wouldnt be so shit
>>
>>77808067
You idiot. Lore itself does not and cannot ruin anything.
>>
>>77808708
Seconded. Plus they fucked up by making characters too damn unlikable like PB or focusing episodes on characters no one really cares about.
>>
>>77808067
the lore is fine
how they introduced it is dumb
>>
File: most series discussed on 4chan.png (57KB, 380x277px) Image search: [Google]
most series discussed on 4chan.png
57KB, 380x277px
Adventure Time did not need an overarching narrative or persistent character drama. It was not an evolution
>>
File: 1425014486896.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1425014486896.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>77808067
"Everyone should hate adventure time."

Why is every Adventure time OP so damned negative these days.
>>
>>77808747
The only one they made unlikable was PB though. Although they sure did make her damn unlikable especially as of s4. The "candy people are stupid" schtick they decided to pull sure as hell didn't help either.
>>
>>77809406
It's the same one or two people that start every thread, and do it so often that nobody else wants to start another thread, just because they don't want to risk having to be around the obsessed spammer.
>>
'Lore' extends the lifespan of any show. If you rely on canned jokes for the length of a whole series it's going to be a very short series. The people who wanted AT to be the pilot 100 times over are morons.
>>
>>77809480
Why? "Adventures in the land of Oo" isn't exactly the kind of set up to get stale.
>>
>>77809480

i think every show has its run and the longer it drags on the more life it sucks from the parts that were actually good.

also, adventure time introduced a lot of trippy concepts and interesting philosophical ideas (for what it is) in a way even a 5th grader could understand. which is really commendable.
>>
>>77809472
I have nothing but pity for these people if that is indeed the case.
>>
>>77809742
The very previous thread was a whine about how nothing changes. It can't be accidental.
>>
I'm guessing the next thread will be either about Bubbline or Finn being a beta.

They will never end will they?
>>
>>77808738
You're a fucking idiot. It's completely possible to have shitty lore. What the fuck are you smoking.
>>
Adventure Time hasn't been ruined by anything. The show has changed and grown over time in the same way that everything stays but it still changes.
>>
I was never into AT, but I used to be able to enjoy it whenever it came on, the small episodic stories were neat and tidy. Now whenever it shows up on my TV it starts as if I'd missed two scenes and ends abruptly, and I have no idea what was supposed to have been taking place at all.

A show like this shouldn't have to be watched serially, but I guess that's just how it evolved.
>>
>>77810055
No, you're a fucking idiot. The concept of lore itself is not ruinous to a show. Just whether or not it's good lore.
>>
>>77808067
GF, SU, AT, and any other show that has a general
>>
>>77810183

the thing is, it rewards watching it through with references, but it's too heavy handed. it should work both ways, but its just random noise if you haven't seen every single episode.
>>
>>77810055
No it isn't retard. It can have bad writting, but lore is the reason why the show exists.
>>
futurisma succeeded where adventure time failed
>>
>>77808067

This was the least of its problems. The problem was this is the ultimate example of a show that tries to be weird but is not made by weird people.
>>
>>77812863
futurama*
>>
>>77809470
They kind of ruined LSP for me
>>
Looks like they decided to bring back more detailed expressions and different eyes in S7. I have no idea why they stopped doing it in the first place.

Also, Who Would Win is the best episode.
>>
>>77810273
WBB doesn't have lore
>>
>>77808067
I kind of agree with that

but some of adventures time's lore is not bad. the show wasn't made for it tho, or if it was the planning was awful
>>
>>77810273
Lore doesn't ruins GF, dumbass.
>>
The lore isn't what ruined Adventure Time. Most of it is pretty interesting, although I'm not a big fan of the whole "every major character is ancient or the rebirth of something ancient" thing it's been doing lately. The main problem, though, is that it only matters superficially. None of it culminates to anything but Finn maybe getting a new sword or something.
>>
>>77808067
>Shows that were ruined by tumblr fandom and pandering

ftfy
>>
File: 1323189263113.gif (157KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1323189263113.gif
157KB, 500x500px
>>77809406
/co/, /co/ has changed.
And Adventure Time, to be fair, but mostly /co/.
>>
>>77809406
I hate it because it stopped being about silly D&D fun and became tumblr's fun art time

The went from fighting a science cat and shark every afternoon with a peanut duke to "ship ship drama". Making the vampire and bubble gum princess dykes sealed it
>>
>>77814610
They're not dykes they are bisexual.
>>
>>77814672
To be frank either is still pandering to tumblr in a "kids" show.

Ditto the hideous Korsami, which made even less sense.
>Hey remember how Punchy O'Brown keeps ruining Asami's life? Lets make them lesbians at the end! We need kickstarter money
>>
I wish they'd just do a whole season of Finn and Jake doing police work.

I love their good cop bad cop bit.
>>
>>77814753

The funniest is that, If i remember well, kids actually found themselves denatured from Adventure Time because the themes used in the newer episode simply meant nothing at all to them and they didn't relate. Beside, a kid doesn't give much of a fuck about morals, choices and their repercussion, they cares about adventure and discovering shit. Leave the drama for the adults, kids don't have the time to waste on that kind of pointless shit.

AT was a nice show that got started up by peoples who loved doing what they did and did it with passion, but dipshits took control of the steering wheel and decided to make the show a portmanteau for their own personal opinions, barely caring as how they would make it fit into the universe of the show in the first place or how it would affect the show itself. This situation probably caused peoples of the original team to leave and never look back, which in turn made the show exponentially worse up to the current point. Now its probably has become an hugbox of boot licker patting themselves and one another on the back for AT popularity when in reality there probably only very few members of the original team left, with none having any actual influence on the show inner working.
>>
Adventure Time has become more powerful than you could ever imagine.
Gags and jokes are secondary now, it has transcended.
>>
I watched this when it was new. But after a while I started to feel uncomfortable about the whole thing. The gross-out jokes lingering too long, the mood becoming less adventure and more teenage angst and unrequited love.

Feels like everything started to go downhill when they began listening to the fanbase. Someone no one should ever do when it comes to media meant for young children but consumed by neckbeards in basements.

I've seen one episode of the current season, I couldn't watch the whole thing. I don't know WHAT the show is now, but it sure isn't mathemagical.
>>
File: 1447023379486.gif (941KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1447023379486.gif
941KB, 720x404px
>tfw I still watch Adventure Time and unironically enjoy it
>>
>>77815391
Arguably, that's exactly why it would be ironic.
>>
File: 1424142648740.gif (559KB, 400x276px) Image search: [Google]
1424142648740.gif
559KB, 400x276px
>>77814610
I love posts like this because it just reminds me that people don't even watch the show anymore.
>>
>>77815391
Season 7 is way better than Season 6. Not really a hard thing to believe.
>>
>>77808067

The lore isn't the problem; it's the fact that the payoff never lives up to the buildup.
>>
>>77816928
I think it's the writers change. I left around 3-4 when the show was getting way worse. From what people have said Finn is an auxillary character now and has been made one of the worst. So The series is dead to me. It started great than nose dived into a different show.
>>
Adventure Time wasn't ruined by lore, that was what made it interesting

It was ruined by inconsistent and bad writing of the lore after the first 3 seasons

they just make shit up every season and it's obvious and results in a clusterfuck of stupid.
>>
>>77815391
im with you bro, i love the lore, it may not all be great but its interesting at least. and some episodes may clunk.more than others but ive seen all of them and there arent that many really bad episodes adventure time is like pizza, when its bad its still ok to me
>>
Wait, wait, wait. People are saying that shit went bad on the 3rd season?
Are you fucking nuts? Season 4 is one of the best writing of any cartoon I have ever watched. This shit can be reviewed even beyond cartoons, season 4 is one of the best seasons of all series altogether.
Perfect balance between plot driven, character progression and goof gaffs.
Seriously, stop sucking cocks, /co/.
>>
>>77808067
Hehtcliff!
It was all fun and comfy and had good waifus and then the lorefags came and now it's all Garbage Ape. I wish it could be just a stream of mediocre to horrible jokes that'll stay on air for two seasons tops... that was the Heathcliff I loved.
>>
>>77817051
They don't even watch it, they remember laughing at a single joke 4 years ago, then watching a single shitty season 5 episode and that's it. Sometimes there's le tumblr boogeyman on top of that.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.