[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: co stuff we can never get into.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: Autobotsstaystill.jpg (123KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
Autobotsstaystill.jpg
123KB, 640x464px
Pic related. It's not for me. The entire franchise. I've tried, and failed. I've accepted it.
>>
>>77806812

Note: This is not a hate thread. It's just stuff we gave a shot and ended up feeling indifferent towards.
>>
Marvel TV series: Agents, Daredevil, Jessica. I have no interest in any of them, even though I like the DC series. And I have usually preferred the Marvel comic books over DC.
>>
>>77806812
Transformers is easy
New continuities all the time
>>
>>77806812
Legend of Korra.
The first and second episode just couldn't hook me.
>>
We bare bears. It's cute but just bearely.
>>
>>77807318
This. Watched two episodes and it just wasn't for me.
>>
Sealab 2021.
I just fail to find humor in it. It's confusing to me, I think there's some kinda black magic on it. I like Aqua Teen, Space Ghost, Harvey Birdman, and Xavier: Renegade Angel and that kinda shit isn't new to me but I just don't get Sealab.
>>
File: 1350039444671.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1350039444671.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
>>77807043
Live action capes never did it for me. Animation and comics are the only mediums I feel like being immersed
with their concepts.
>>
>>77806812
I want to like Spider-Man, but there's too much baggage. His history has ruined him at this point and it's been this way for ages by now.
>>
>>77808668
Same here. I always thought Power Rangers would be better as a cartoon when I was a kid. Live action capes will never look completely retarded to me. I don't get why anyone thinks it's a good idea.
>>
>>77808863
*never NOT look completely retarded
>>
File: Adventure_Time_-_Title_card.png (119KB, 420x238px) Image search: [Google]
Adventure_Time_-_Title_card.png
119KB, 420x238px
>>77806812
From the very beginning, I could never get into Adventure Time. I remember when I was a teen trying to give the Pilot a chance, because I'm a sucker for colorful shows like that thanks to Chowder, but nothing clicked with me. I tried hard to like it, but there was nothing for me to like. The artstyle was unappealing, I didn't like it's style of humor, I could care less about the characters. I just couldn't get myself to like it, same as Regular Show. Didn't help some of my friends couldn't shut up about the show, and when I told them I didn't like it they looked shocked, as if such a thing wasn't possible. Ah well.
>>
>>77806812
I don't even think I watched it as a kid. The movies bored me and it sucks because the latest Platinum Games game they did looks fucking fun. Shit sucks.
>>
>>77808863

Power Rangers are the only live action super heroes I've ever liked. I like sentai in general.
>>
Steven Universe the constant attempts for emotional moments and character designs put me off. The last episode I watched was when Amethyst and Steven's Dad were watching that butler show and Amy decides to transform into Rose to trigger him.
>>
File: Asami beating Korra vol 2.jpg (84KB, 396x612px) Image search: [Google]
Asami beating Korra vol 2.jpg
84KB, 396x612px
>>77807219

This is a good thing. Korra isn't a show that gets progressively better it goes from average to holy shit are you even trying anymore bad.
>>
I can't get into Avatar/Korra. It just doesn't resonate with me.
>>
>>77809315
Same but I think that's because I grew up with real shounen cartoons.
>>
BTAS is something that never appealed to me, but I've never been a huge capefag.
>>
File: Asami beating Korra vol 3.jpg (140KB, 554x851px) Image search: [Google]
Asami beating Korra vol 3.jpg
140KB, 554x851px
>>77809315
>>77809392

Again, neither of you are missing anything

On its own merit Last Airbender is a perfectly acceptable show that made Nick a lot of money

Korra is a terrible show that cost nick $100 million dollars and half its potential untapped viewing audiance
>>
>>77809392
>real shounen cartoons.
Disgusting
>>
Batman the animated series
Batman Beyond
Ninja Turtles
>>
I never did like Ed, Edd, and Eddy.
>>
The Legion of Superheroes.

They have some of the stupidest names and powers of any comic character I've ever seen.
>>
>>77809535
>>77809641

>TheMenWithNoTaste.jpg
>>
>>77809641

Also this. Big time.
>>
>>77809727
The art style is ugly and too much grossout jokes.
>>
>>77809641
Same. Thought it was ugly as a kid so I never bothered with it. Still won't.
>>
>>77808160
This

>>77809727
Shut the fuck up Boco
>>
>>77809765

For me its the art-style and how every single character is an annoying, selfish person with a terrible, high-pitched voice.

The whole show is like nails on a chalkboard.
>>
File: Pixarlogo.jpg (125KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Pixarlogo.jpg
125KB, 1440x900px
Honestly, all Pixar movies. I get the appeal and some aspects are nice, just I can't think of a single one that I liked or ever had emotions for.
>>
>>77809702
Whoops, should've said anime or shows
>>
>>77806812
Johnny Bravo. The fact that they kept changing it every season made it very hard for me to get invested into it.
>>
>>77810511
It was an episodic gag cartoon. Theres nothing to get invested in.
>>
>>77806812
Tranformers themselves is not such a bad idea, but like most such things, endless rehashing ran it into the ground

>>77807318
WBB is tumblr
>>
ATLA
Gravity Falls
Arrow and Flash
>>77808160
I feel the same way about Venture Bros.
>>
Rick and Morty
Bojack
>>
Samurai Jack

Invader Zim
>>
Space Ghost Coast to Coast

people told me it was really funny, but I just didn't like the humor of the guests saying things out of context and Space Ghost replying to it.
>>
Phineas and Ferb. I think it's a well made show, but most of the time I just tune it out. I lose interest by the time they get to the musical numbers.
>>
Harvey Beaks

Batman (Except for Miller's version, I just don't find him that engaging)

The X-men. Though this is a maybe as I haven't touched Claremont's run yet, but what little I've read of X men via trades I just couldn't care less about

Phineas and Ferb. Nothing against the show itself, but I just don't like shows that have songs every episode. That and it never really "clicked" with me
>>77809165
>>77808668
These too. Especially Adventure Time. I love lighthearted adventure stuff, but I just couldn't care less about anything

To the people who like the things I listed, do feel free to list episodes/comics/whatever that you think would change my mind. I'm genuinely curious
>>
>>77811316
Speaking of which Miller's Batman is what I can't get into.
People keep telling me how great TDKR and Year One are, but Batman in my opinion is the worst thing about those. Thank God YO is more about Gordon.
>>
>>77811375
I've always thought that Batman is always the least interesting part of every story he's in. The interesting parts tend to deal with the people who interact with him and Gotham itself
>>
>>77811401
I liked Batman in Dennis O'Neil stuff and BTAS.
>>
I like any show that has bright colors, cute designs, and child characters so GF clicks with me but BTAS really doesn't.
>>
>>77806812
Most 90s Nick cartoons.
Like, okay, they had some mature jokes. But how many of those jokes are funny? Why are all these shows about boring people in mundane day-to-day situations? I just don't get it.
>>
I can't get into Venture Bros, I've watched the first half of the first season and it's not really working for me, is there a point where it gets really good?
>>
>>77811484
>Why are all these shows about boring people in mundane day-to-day situations? I just don't get it.

That was just the dominant trend in the 90s.
>>
>>77811600
But I mean the basic channels had pretty diverse lineups, Fox, WB, Disney Afternoon, all that.

Maybe it's just because I didn't get Nick until later so I don't have any memories of these shows when they were new. Although it was the same story with CN and I like most of their old shows so I dunno.
>>
>>77809814
I'd really recommend not judging this show by its cover, and I really don't say that often. At least give the show a fair shake before dismissing it completely.
>>
>>77811600
It feels like that's more of a trend for the 10s than the 90s. At least back then it was more about relatable characters and situations in strange settings. Nowadays you've got more cartoons about outlandish characters working menial jobs, if they're not supposed to be school-aged children.
>>
>>77806812
Young Justice. Love Weisman, love DC, and they even used some of my favorite villains like Savage and Brain. I just couldn't get overly teen dialogue and the fact that most of villains felt like shit.
>>
>>77809727
>Boco giving a shit opinion

In other news, water is wet.
>>
>>77810569
Yeah, you're right. Its trash.
>>
>>77810633
It's okay, not everyone gets Venture Brothers. There's still Family Guy so that should please you.
>>
>>77806812
It's all about the toys. They appeal to autists like me because they're actually puzzles.
>>
File: Tumblr Convention.jpg (195KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr Convention.jpg
195KB, 1280x1024px
Gave it more than a few chances, it was never appealing. Had a trusted friend swear it was good when it was rerun on the Nicktoons Network. Gave it more chances, still lame.

Now people here seem to really dig it and I have no idea why. CatDog was more engaging and that was shit.
>>
>>77809684
Or maybe because you got triggered with Bouncing Boy looking like you
>>
>>77806812

- Most superhero comics (Marvel, DC, and indie) post-2003 or thereabouts. I don't think they're any worse than what's come before, mind you (or that I hate cape comics). I just think I've had my fill of the genre after decades of reading it.
- Most licensed comics based on preexisting TV and/or film and/or toy properties (even when I'm a fan of the source material)
- Most Hanna-Barbera TV animation from the 1960s and 1970s (never liked them as a kid, and still don't like them as an adult)
- Disney's The Lion King
- Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame
>>
>>77814947
You're trash
>>
I tried getting into Homestuck 3 times.
It just isn't for me.

I like the fanart tho...
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.