[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think of this movie /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

What did you think of this movie /co/?
>>
It is amazing and should have been the end of the series.
>>
it alright
>>
One of the funniest movies I've seen, that's for sure
>>
What do you think about the sequel, /co/?
>>
>>77798776
not sure why they changed neptune.
>>
>>77798776

>What did you think of this movie /co/?

This type of shit should be banned. Fuck you, go watch it yourself and form your own opinion. I ain't got to do shit for you, OP.
>>
Thought it was great. Fun and funny, sequel was great too, though probably slightly not as good.

Watching both REALLY made me crave more cartoony wacky movies.Something really neat about seeing a cartoon like Spongebob in HD.
>>
>>77798911
>Or maybe he actually has an opinion but wants to see what others think about it.
>>
>>77798776
I loved the movie. One of the best movies to come out of Nicktoons studios.
>>
>>77798955

Go blog about it in your tumblr, faggot.
>>
>>77799048
hehe
>>
>>77798872
They didn't change him, he just got fat because of all the krabby patties and his hair started to thin
>>
>>77798776
>>77798829
The sequel did everything right that the first movie did wrong, and the first movie did everything right that the sequel did wrong.

The first one manages to capture an air of slight cynicism and self-awareness, while the second one maintains a sense of unbridled idealism. The first one had a sense of tension and high stakes that the second one never captured; but the second feels more relaxed and lighthearted. The characters created for the first one are more original and fit the series better; but the second one did a better job at balancing focus and keeping characterization accurate for existing ones. Both show completely opposite and equally valid versions of Plankton: cunning and power-hungry main villain, and lonely antagonist who has moments of stupidity and heroism. The first movie had a better depiction of Patrick; the second one had better depictions of Sandy and Mr. Krabs. The first one maintained a consistent tone most of the way through, while the second one felt more like 2 or 3 individual episodes glued together. Second one had more interesting live-action scenes. Both have pretty good soundtracks.

The first one feels like it's more in tune with the newer episodes, or an early form of what they're trying to do with the newer episodes. The second one feels like an intentional throwback to pre-movie seasons.
>>
>>77798776
Ocean man...
>>
Pretty good movie, though I wish it would have focused more on the side characters
>>77798911
>>77799048
Back to /v/ with you
>>
>>77800209

>using /v/ as a scapegoat
>>
>>77799048
So we can't discuss cartoons on /co/?
>>
>>77800380
No, fuck off. This board is for waifus, tumblr drama and capeshit movies.
>>
>>77798776
I loved it. Thought that it should have been the finish for the series.
>>
File: WHADDAYAMEAN.png (214KB, 632x614px) Image search: [Google]
WHADDAYAMEAN.png
214KB, 632x614px
>>77798806
What do you mean, it alright?
>>
>>77800270
>using tumblr as a scapegoat
>>
>>77800380

>discussing something old

Fuck off.
>>
>>77800534
It alright. It not subtle or nuanced. It tasteless and lukewarm.
>>
File: Mov_27.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mov_27.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>77798776
It's pretty awesome.

I know some people give it shit for the musical number ending, but I thought they did a good job of tying it together with the how the Goofy Goober song was used through out the movie (first in child-like fun, then in a sad, sombering final goodbye, then in full on acceptance and exploitation). Pretty smart, in a silly way.
>>
>>77800623
>discussing something new
Fuck on.
>>
>>77800448
Shameful how this is correct.
>>
>>77798776
Not enough squirrel
>>
>>77800448
>This board is for waifus,
Isn't nearly every popular board? /a/, /v/, /co/, /tv/, etc all have waifus topics

>tumblr drama
Less certain boards and now the entirety of 4chan.

>and capeshit movies.
eh, should be only on /tv/ but since the movies are based on Marvel or DC properties. Cross talk will happen regardless.
>>
File: 1448362523416.png (200KB, 438x336px) Image search: [Google]
1448362523416.png
200KB, 438x336px
>>77798776
It was pretty good. As it was supposedly made to conclude the series (i think). If it was, it would've been the perfect conclusion had the series not gone on.
I know Spongebob isn't known for it's DEEP LORE or anything, but I wanted there to be a little continuation from the movie in the show, like Mindy coming back, or Plankton referencing Plan Z.
>>
>>77799048
>using tumblr as a scapegoat
>>77800270
>claiming someone used a scapegoat when you just used tumblr as one
>calling someone a faggot when they just want to talk about cartoons
>on a board about comics and cartoons
>>
>>77798872
They didn't.
>>
>>77800625
But it alright. It reminds me of sequel, which I like better. But same movie more or less.
>>
>>77798806
>>77800534
>>77800625
I don't know why but this has me laughing like a goddamn idiot
>>
File: same.png (904KB, 1227x1068px) Image search: [Google]
same.png
904KB, 1227x1068px
>>77801362
SAME MOVIE!?
>>
>>77799419
Was Sandy a scientist in the second one, or did they make her more of an adrenaline junkie like she used to be?
>>
>>77798776
One of the best animated films ever made.
>>
>>77798776
OCEAN MAN
>>
>>77801916
The scientific side pops up the most, but it doesn't dominate her through the movie.

[spoilers]She goes insane trying to find out what caused the Krabby Patty formula to disappear. In a scene where Bikini Bottom faces the apocalypse, she comes across as something of a mad scientist conspiracy theorist. (The movie follows Thomas Hobbes' philosophy of The Leviathan, but replacing "undivided government" with "Krabby Patties"). Once that part's passed and they know where the formula is, she ditches the gimmick and mostly uses her physical strength to get through problems.[/spoilers]
>>
>>77799419
The second movie couldn't stick to any one topic. It just kept bouncing between unrelated plotlines. This was most obvious when it went from "all of SpongeBob's friends want to kill him" to "SpongeBob and his friends are working together."
>>
>>77802585
TAKE ME BY THE HAND
>>
>>77803114
TAKE ME TO THE LAND
>>
>>77798776
Great movie! I thought this was a perfect ending for the classic Spongebob era.
>>
>>77803419
THAT YOU UNDERSTAND
>>
The first movie was pretty good (consider it the last of classic spongebob era)

Is the second movie worth watching?
is it even worth watching as a fan of Matt Berry?
>>
>>77803082
thiz
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.