[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stakes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_nrd2xrWtBO1rn9ixao1_500.jpg (208KB, 478x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrd2xrWtBO1rn9ixao1_500.jpg
208KB, 478x750px
what's good, /co/?
what'd you guys think of stakes?
>>
Didn't see it but it's post-season 3 Adventure Time so I know it's shit.
>>
>>77775717
i suggest you watch it, if only for the masochistic feel of knowing where marceline's powers came from. seriously. weakass villains.
>>
>>77775593
That's cute Finn thinks he's helping. This fucking destroyed the show for me. Not because they went full Korra, but Finn literally was Damsel in Distress status. Made you really question why the fuck he was there.
>>
>>77775593
Really good, probably the best AT had to offer since ever.
Really good sense of adventure, funny jokes, great characterization. If I really had to nitpick about it the last episode felt kind of rushed and weak and some of the songs except for Everything Stays were quite bad, but in general it was pretty good. 8/10.
>>
>>77775593
Loved it, but don't except some kind of Marceline: Origins story.
>>
It was pretty great except for the fact that Finn and Jake were next to useless and the bullshit reset back to status quo at the end there.
>>
>>77775593
If you don't count the awful Marcy rap during part 4 I really loved the entire series. It had good adventure, genious villains (especially VK and the Hierophant) and I loved watching the four main characters acting together for some while. I don't even mind the claimed Bubbline moments, I really liked almost everything. Hell, even seeing Bonnie fart was somehow funny.
>>
File: Titlecard_S1E16_oceanoffear.jpg (104KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
Titlecard_S1E16_oceanoffear.jpg
104KB, 500x283px
>>77775593
I liked it, didn't mind the "status quo" as there isn't really one, actually. Even as sidekicks Finn and Jake were hilarious, so I don't mind this either. Just a little disappointed by the weak finale. 8/10 still
>>
>>77775851
Girl power, goobergrater shitlord :)
>>
>>77775593
There are things I really enjoyed about it but also others that almost managed to ruin my experience with this new attempt at storytelling by the AT crew.

I'll start with the bad things: forced pandering, some weak parts and really rushed ending are the worst part of it. Let me explain these points: didn't really like, especially in the later part of it, how did they push so much for the MarcyXPB relationship, to the point it felt unnatural and forced. The last battle was really bad executed too, with a very out of place Sailor Moon-esque transformation and dumb cameos that had no sense (talking about the part where people from different kingdoms started helping the gang beating up the Vampire Essence). Really cliché, could have been done better and with more passion.

Best parts of it are the jokes, super hilarious and always on point, for the most part fun characters and pretty solid villains. The vampires are really menacing, Marceline's dilemma about her vampirism has been developed well for the most part and the glimpse at Marceline's past was quite nice.

It's pretty good.
>>
Funny. Just started watching it today. Up to the 6th part
>>
>>77776088
>dumb cameos that had no sense (talking about the part where people from different kingdoms started helping the gang beating up the Vampire Essence)
It also fits in the part about forced pandering.
>>
Good but not the epic story about Marceline I was expecting. It was pretty safe and straightforward (not talking about the deep stuff, I'm talking about the scale of the events happening during the mini-series).

Also, just stop with the terrible fan-teases about Bubbline. Nobody that is interested but actually sane gives a damn about it.
>>
You guys convinced me. I'm watching it right now. I watch the first episode. I laughed once. This feels like an backstory episode. Like they didn't know how to introduce it in a normal episode, so dump the backstory here, now.
>>
>>77776425
>It was pretty safe
What do you mean?
>>
Why are you guys so bitter about the Bubbline? Everybody else seems to like it, plus its popular. Are you guys just pissed cause Finn isn't getting any?

I thought there friendship was pretty good and intimate. Its nice to see them work together.
>>
>>77777548
I watched the second one. It has the same feel as the last one. "I need to introduce this." Worse this one didn't make me laugh.

>>77777890
So far, it feels super heavy-handed, especially almost constant blushing. I think they need to dial it down a bit. It feels like they are teenagers with a crush, not centuries-old beings who have known each other for years re-kindling a romance.
>>
>>77777890
no one actually cares about Bubbline, it just triggers the same few autists every time. The only thing I personally have against Bubbline is when it's deteriorating the pace and style of an episode, or in this case, the miniseries.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.