[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have an appreciation thread Secret Identity, for the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (38KB, 250x388px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 250x388px
Can we have an appreciation thread Secret Identity, for the best comic story in history?

Cerebus memers not welcome.
>>
Wonderful concept, very strong first two chapters. Second half had a couple of gems but mostly fell apart.

This was the best page.
>>
>>77713074
>Second half had a couple of gems but mostly fell apart.
wut?
I disagree.
>>
>>77712686
I don't know about that, but it is pretty good.
>>
>>77712686
>the best comic story in history
Wew, lad
>>
>>77713306
Second part IS weaker than the first, though.
>>
>>77713694
Can you say why you think that?
Because I remember really enjoying it all...
>>
>>77712686
Wait, is that Batman sequel Busiek is doing with John Paul Leon going to be published?
>>
>>77713718
In my opinion, how Clark's childhood was dealt with was great. It was given space and you have a lot of time to sympathize with him. Same with Lois. A full issue is dedicated to the two. Book three and four have, in my opinion, too much of the military and too little of the daughters.

This results in, at the end, we seeing the daughters grown up, being told that they're very important to Clark, but never fully expanded upon like his relationship with Lois was.

This results in, at the end, when you have Clark's final words and you see the evolution of his life reflected in the artstyle, more time being dedicated to the daughters than it should be.

tl;dr The daughters could have been handled MUCH better. I don't like the govt. parts that much.
>>
>>77713751
Eventually.
>>
>>77714195
Oh, well I like the govt stuff, and I thought the daughters were handled in a way that made sense, considering clark's personality in this universe.
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 560x840px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 560x840px
I love secret identity but cmon man. It's one of the best. There are many more.
>>
>>77715986
What's the 411 on year 100? Is it really goid or just pretty good?
>>
>>77716258
Best stand alone Batman story. It's a meta commentary on the mythos while still having its own great mystery elements.
>>
>>77716282
>>77716282
High praise.
I'm ordering it right now, so you best not be trolling me.
>>
hello
>>
>>77716359
It's really good anon. In fact, i've been thinking of picking up the deluxe edition to replace my tpb.
>>
SI has to be one of the comfiest comics ever.
>>
DON'T YOU DIE ON ME
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.