[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you taste it /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11

File: little game.png (63KB, 744x704px) Image search: [Google]
little game.png
63KB, 744x704px
Can you taste it /co/?
>>
>>77698285
i can taste my cpu catching fire as it tries to process this
>>
>>77698285
I was wondering why this didn't work for mobile.
>>
>>77698285

is this XKCD? aka the most annoying comic in the universe
>>
File: madness b o y s.png (228KB, 950x593px) Image search: [Google]
madness b o y s.png
228KB, 950x593px
>>77698285
It tastes like stickmen.
>>
I think i'm missing something in this thread.

Is it an in-joke or is this image meant to have embedded data or something?
>>
>>77698898
Oh I see, it's a little game on his website and you can leave the play screen and explore a larger raster image.

okay.
>>
File: le_sjw_show.png (31KB, 783x851px) Image search: [Google]
le_sjw_show.png
31KB, 783x851px
kek
>>
>>77698285
Why is XKCD so fucking brilliant?
>>
This was fun and cute.
I'm exhausted from work and this made me smile.
>>
>>77699215
I wish the controls weren't so shitty.
>>
>>77699165
It's not. You'll realize this when you stop being 12.
>>
it's just a huge drawing that you scroll around slowly
>>
>>77699230
You just don't get it.
>>
File: actual xkcd strip.png (8KB, 390x266px) Image search: [Google]
actual xkcd strip.png
8KB, 390x266px
>>77698667
Yes.
>>
File: fuckthisgayearth.png (1MB, 900x3127px) Image search: [Google]
fuckthisgayearth.png
1MB, 900x3127px
>>77699280
This is all I can think of
>>
>>77699280
Is there like more to that comic? Are there other panels? Tell me he draw that and think "Ah finished. Time to show the world."
>>
>>77699257
I know, it must be too sophisticated for uncultured mongoloids such as myself.
>>
File: really lots of gem stuff.png (44KB, 643x620px) Image search: [Google]
really lots of gem stuff.png
44KB, 643x620px
>>
File: Capture.png (15KB, 353x262px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15KB, 353x262px
>>77698285
no, I don't want synesthesia

This has finally made me realise why i don't like xkcd any more, and I'm glad the answer is not "I'm contrarian", again:
In the game I'm told to pick some coins, and I'm given a lousy "game area" that doesn't even try to be a decent game. I'm encouraged to get out of the game area and explore de world.
The reason I liked xkcd, and TED talks was exatly that: learning, discovering, and feeling there was other people out there like me.

But I'm tired of that narrative. This game is designed to make you feel "out of the box", but I don't feel anything for it: everybody who played the game did the same. It's like when people say something like "the world is full of ignorant people who are manipulated by the government"; it's funny that *most* people say that. I've met so many facebook-champions denouncing the wrongs of the world, and liking and sharing wrongs of their own without thinking it twice that maybe they are wrong too.

It's like coming back to music you listened to being a kid, even if it's good music, you no longer like it.
I dislike xkcd because it reminds me of my former self, a hardcore fedoraing guy that thought himself part of an elite, the one who got out of the game, and feeling unique for it like the other million people doing the same thing.
>>
>>77699767
lol whatever dude.

Liking XKCD is an A then B then A, like most things. "XKCD is good!" followed by, "XKCD is bad," followed by "XKCD is good but not for the reason you all think so."

Some day you'll ascend.
>>
>>77699223
This, it controls like hot dogshit.
>>
>>77699894
I've never tried hot dogshit. Could you explain the parallels?
>>
File: 1tk0.png (15KB, 296x231px) Image search: [Google]
1tk0.png
15KB, 296x231px
>>77698667

I was about to troll you asking if xkcd was too deep for you, but I don't think I can even bring myself to give it mock praise.
>>
I liked exploring to the left where everything was linear but I got really pissed when they gave me the giant maze in the sky to the right. I got 158 coins. It didn't even tell me if I beat it. Oh well.
>>
>>77699223
>>77699894
controls are such a basic game mechanic, and this happens a lot: lots of work put into environment, and shitty yet easily fixable gameplay
>>
>>77699988
Im surprised too. Isn't he supposed to be a turbo-nerd? Did he really make this game and think "yeah, this controls well"?
>>
>>77700023

I thought he was just a webcomic hack with a thin nerd veneer.

Oh! Maybe this is a metaphor for the creator himself! It pretends to be well thought out but it doesn't hold up to scrutiny!
>>
File: git[1].png (48KB, 330x478px) Image search: [Google]
git[1].png
48KB, 330x478px
>>77699853
I was going to insult you for talking like an idiot, but you kinda right. I still can relate to some of the comics (pic related), but it's been 5 years since i stopped liking it, so I don't see me coming back to it
>>
>>77699968
I got trapped inside that fucking volcano trying to get out of the cavern, lava was too dark to see if I was even going upwards
godfucking damn that shit
>>
Can anyone name a "smart" comic that people don't hate? It just seems that any comic that tries to be intellectual gets instantly shot down. Is it the medium?
>>
>>77700279
Physics and CS majors shouldn't write comics, myself included, people in the engineering end of STEM has a tendency to be boring and stuck up.
>>
>>77700279
>gets instantly shot down
loudness bias man, there are lots of people that like it. Everythin will get shat on, but stuff that come off as trying to be intellectual will just get it harder.

The best i can think of is Hark A Vagrant, as people simply call it boring and move on, unlike xkcd or SMBC
>>
>>77700279
>It just seems that any comic that tries to be intellectual gets instantly shot down.

It's because the people that make these kinds of comics are autistic as fuck.
>>
http://codepen.io/KyleDavidE/full/605dc87b614ff6b2bd716f4c6f640203/
there we go
no shitty controls/getting lost in that starship
>>
>>77700408
>The best i can think of is Hark A Vagrant, as people simply call it boring and move on

kate beaton is a dumb feminist apologist so there's that too
>>
>>77699767
I don't like xkcd because it's almost never funny.
On a bad day SMBC is usually "eh, I guess that's not very good." But on a good day xkcd is "this isn't the worst thing I've ever seen on this site."

But sometimes we get something interesting and original instead of a bad 3-panel joke and those are great.
>>
>>77700615
>woman with a liberal arts degree
What exactly do you expect her to be if not feminist?
>>
>>77699767
>This game is designed to make you feel "out of the box"
Either you read too much into this or I read too little. I thought it was just "hey, I'll do another massive comic that you can explore and find little jokes in". I didn't interpret it as having any particular meaning. And I enjoyed it.
>>
File: 1448417126988.png (68KB, 744x704px) Image search: [Google]
1448417126988.png
68KB, 744x704px
I can't believe it took this long. Get your had in the game The Cheat!
>>
>>77698851
>stickmen
>madness
The best part of my high school years
>>
>>77700180
He used to work for NASA. The webcomic's shitty, but the guy has legit nerd cred
>>
>>77700542
>>77700279
>>77700408
It's odd how intellectual comics tend to be pretentious and stuck up while intellectual animations tend to be educating and hopeful.
>>
>>77699361
>fuck this gay earth
Every time.
>>
>>77700739
That's tough competition, though. SMBC is one of the more consistently funny strips of any kind, as far as I know.
>>
>>77699363
That's the whole comic.
>>
>>77699280
i don't ge tit
>>
better main quest than fallout 4/10
>>
>>77704501
>intellectual animations
you mean infographics? or the kind of stuff that people show at TED talks? pls examples

if it's the "I'm an animator, and these are my views on the world" crowd, I don't think they are exempt from criticism
>>
>>77699280
This strip made the "explain xkcd" guy give up.
>>
File: MEGA.png (3MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
MEGA.png
3MB, 900x900px
literally why does 4chan hate everything Reddit likes? Can't you hate something Reddit hates? Can't you like something Reddit likes?

Why does all of 4chan need to collectively follow what Reddit does just so it can have the opposite opinion.

Let me guess, someone is going to tell me to go back to Reddit. But then because I said this, they think they're going to be clever and say go back to 9gag/Neogaf/Tumblr.
>>
>>77707024
They do, just as long as they don't realize what Reddit thinks--

--oh fuck I've shown my true power level--

--GET BACK TO REDDIT FAG-BAT.
>>
XKCD is only really worth looking at for the "what if" section of the site.
>>
>>77702700

Never gets old.
>>
>>77700279
>smart comic everyone likes

http://www.smbc-comics.com ?
>>
>>77707024
go back to instagram
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.