[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Supergirl ratings hit new low

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 16

File: serveimage.jpg (105KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
105KB, 670x377px
>It seemed like SUPERGIRL had found its level last week, but last night it dropped 0.3 to a new low 1.5. That put it just 0.1 ahead of GOTHAM (and in the neighborhood as THE FLASH)

>http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-monday-ratings-11-23-2015.html

It just keeps falling. What went wrong?
>>
File: 325456788556.png (182KB, 314x316px) Image search: [Google]
325456788556.png
182KB, 314x316px
>>77688818
It's shit
>>
>>77688818
Nothing. It should have been on CW.

Like the article says it's doing as well as the Flash. The problem is the numbers aren't good enough for these big budget networks. That's the same reason Constantine got cancelled.

These networks are retarded and expect too much.
>>
SJWs don't help for more than issue/episode for ratings sake.
>>
>>77688818
I'm guessing that the horrible acting plays a part.
>>
It's a superhero show aimed at girls.

Most girls don't give a shit about superheroes.

And if they aim the show at girls, they should've picked recurring male dreamboats like Vampire Diaries or Teen Wolf does.
>>
>>77688960
B-but more than half of gaimers are grills! As shown by studies!
>>
Ratings (for hour long shows) are calculated by averaging the ratings for half-hours, right?

I wouldn't be surprised if Supergirl just bled out viewers by the second half every episode. The show is just this weird cringefest with no real direction. It's probably why the previous episode (Livewire) seemed to stabilized: people actually watched the whole thing because it was pretty decent.

The fact that I have to power through an episode of Supergirl -- try my hardest not to groan, or cringe, or pause out of embarrassment, or just turn it off -- is just sad.
>>
>>77688818
Good. Let it die and introduce a new Kara in DCEU.
>>
>>77689081
Kara is already in the DCEU. Her pod was the open one in MoS as shown in the canon tie in comic.
>>
Callista can't carry the show.
>>
There's nothing interesting happening in the episodes to draw viewers to the next one and television is a shitty format as usual.
>>
>>77688901
>Doing as well as the flash
>On a network that's extremely large compared to CW
>Implying that this means it's doing anywhere near as good as the flash

CBS is like 6 times larger than CW, so super girl should have 4.5-5 on the views if you want to compare it to the success of flash from a network standpoint.
>>
>>77689118
>tie in comics
>relevant

Nobody working on the movies even knows those exist.
>>
>>77688960
I think that there are girls who like superheroes, but those girls don't want to watch some sappy romance bullshit about a girl trying to make it on her own in the big city
>>
>>77688818
Inb4 it's canceled and all she gets is a guest spot on the Flash next season in another alternate Earth story.
>>
>>77689178
Except y'know that it was referenced in MoS with the one open pod.
>>
>>77688960
>It's a superhero show aimed at girls.
Guess what? So is Flash and Arrow. CW just understands it's audience better and can make it appeal to girls via handsome men and romance subplots, while at the same time attracting male viewers with well choreographed fight scenes and an interesting main plot that both genders can enjoy.
>>
The dialogue is so bad that I'm upset someone was paid to write it.
>>
>>77689171
Which is why it should have aired on the CW. Putting it on a bigger network doesn't attract a bigger audience like most shows. It's a superhero show and has a very niche audience. Networks need to understand that.
>>
>>77688818
They made a show for the loud minority. SJWs don't give a shit about the shit they bitch about, and even if you make something directly for them, there isn't enough of them to carry it and make it worthwhile.

It'l get cancelled, then the loud minority will come out and start bitching about muhsogyny and how cancelling a shitfest of a show is a sign of the patriarchy etc etc, despite the fact that Jessica Jones has been well received and on par with DD in both viewers (i assume) and critical response.
>>
>>77689285
With the QUALITY of this show, no amount of "YOU JUST DON'T GET THE NICHE AUDIENCE!" pleas can change the fact that it'll do horribly on any network.

If this were on the CW, expect .5-.7 views a week, tops.
>>
>>77689164
>television is a shitty format as usual.
Jeez grandpa, get with the times.
>>
>>77689316
No it wouldn't. Most people would have watched it out of necessity cause it would be crossing over with Arrow and Flash.
>>
>>77689307
>despite the fact that Jessica Jones has been well received and on par with DD in both viewers (i assume) and critical response.
Viewership will be high, but Daredevil set a new internal bar for Netflix shows. I appreciate when people discuss the criticisms of JJ, it's largely on the pacing, singular focus of just one bad guy, and not as impressive fighting scenes. It's a good show, but it has its flaws and compared to how amazing DD was at doing smaller and larger story arcs at the same time it just reveals it a bit more.

Luke Cage is from the same person behind Almost Human, so I expect it to be amazing like DD turned out to be.
>>
The producers will make sure it goes on long enough to show her hook up with James.
>>
>>77689307
>soapboxing and strawmanning this hard
It's bad writing plain and simple, really. The fact that you can't express that without exposing your own obsessions with demographics makes me think you can't do any better.
>>
>>77688818
It has cringe-worthy writing and it feels like the spin-off of a Superman show that never aired.
>>
Even if SG was on CW, there is nothing that says it would be in the same range as Flash for an audience. Arrow doesn't get Flash's numbers and it's also on the CW. The budget for SG would be severally reduced without question. The pilot alone was $14 million, more than double a standard Game of Thrones episode, and it didn't look like the money was well spent.
>>
>>77689267
No, Flash and Arrow get similar ratings, but they are on the CW so those ratings are actually good for that network. Those sorts of ratings wouldn't fly on one of the big boys like CBS.
>>
File: 1232311194927.jpg (170KB, 757x599px) Image search: [Google]
1232311194927.jpg
170KB, 757x599px
>Gotham is 1.4

They... they aren't gonna cancel it, are they?
>>
>>77689540
Hopefully. Maybe then we can get a Gotham Central show.
>>
>>77689540
Production budget and cast cutting first if it stays like this. The show gets way more money than it currently should for the ratings it gets. It has to go below 1.0 to be canned for good.
>>
Serious question.
If Supergirl was gonna hook up with a white guy instead of a black guy, would the show have been better recieved?
Am I the only one that didn't care if she dated a black guy?
>>
>>77689529
The point was, supergirl lacks the widespread appeal Flash/Arrow has, and everything it tries to do, it does wrong.
>>
>>77689490
>It's bad writing plain and simple, really
Nigga watch the CW shows, the writing is barely better. A huge part of these things is based on understanding your demographics and pandering to them, pure and simple. Something the CW shows do well, and Supergirl is trying to do. Any fan of the CW show will tell you they have MASSIVE writing flaws (although its improving).
>>
>>77689563
>Thinking Warner Bros will invest in another one after this if it is canceled.

HA HA HA HA HA. No.

Netflix will just pick it up fully.

As for Supergirl

>Mid Season Break

>New Episodes Air on CW with Reruns starting a few weeks before.

And you can take that to the bank.
>>
File: NGERI2.jpg (38KB, 479x282px) Image search: [Google]
NGERI2.jpg
38KB, 479x282px
It all returns to nothing.
I just keep
TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN
>>
>>77689633
No one really cares. Look at JJ.
>>
>>77689633
I didn't really care, it was just awfully written. I felt bad for whatever demographic it thought it was going for because it seemed like they were being spoonfed.
It used expositional dialogue to explain themes that could have been done with good story telling, combined with campiness that it wasn't aware it had.
>>
>>77689540
Gotham is just fine.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/11/24/fox-renewcancel-standings-week-9-2015/
>>
I like the show but it hasn't done anything impressive yet and I can get the same basic story done better over on Flash. Lots of potential here but they're playing it too safe. Like if Livewire killed Cat Grant why the hell should the audience care? It is the simple shit that they keep tripping up on.
>>
>>77689633
I didn't care she was gonna hook up with a black guy.
Its the bad acting and cheesy dialogue that made me hate the show.
>>
The sooner is cancelled, the sooner we can get her in the arrowverse.
>>
>Ask for food
>They give us shit
>Don't want to eat it
>They assume we don't want to eat at all
>>
>>77689984
That's how it works with Television Executives
>>
>>77689740
Well that's why I don't watch those shows either.
Constantine was the only of the DC shows I was interested in and it's the only one that didn't last, so I guess I am bias.
Bad writing is just bad writing as far as I am concerned. Good pandering puts people in seats but there has to be something to keep them there and Arrow and Flash at least have that, I assume.
>>
>>77689332
if anything liking TV is more grandpa like
>>
>>77690066
>Good pandering puts people in seats
It also keeps them there if you do it often enough. Supergirl and the CW shows are all run by the same guy, the writing is very similar. Berlanti just knows to get his writers to pander in the right way most of the time. Supergirl is just them pandering to the wrong people.
>>
As a Superfamily fan, this is the only board I can stand to talk about Supergirl on.
At least you all don't like the show because of its faults, not like /tv/ who just hates it because...
hurr durr she like black guys!
>>
>>77690105
How so?
>>
>>77690183
While I can't speak for /tv/ as a whole, people are just tired of seeing interracial couples around every corner. And it's almost always black male/white female. Just look at the new Star Wars! I personally don't care but I understand why people are fed up.
>>
>>77688818
Because Kara doesn't work as a solo character, or at least can't work without being able to use her cousin as a member of the supporting cast.

Also the characters, plot and dialogue are as cliche as they come. The same jokey, quirky dialogue that we've seen in a million superhero movies and TV shows before, the same "YOU'RE NOT READY FOR THIS, OH YES YOU ARE, NEVER MIND" arcs which pass for character development, the same dorky Mary Sue with a heart of gold lead actress, the same awkward obsessive computer geek helping out behind the scenes, the same tough but fair black co-worker/mentor (both of those two lifted directly from The Flash sans the charm and development) and the same ridiculous conspiracy in the background shtick with Kara's aunt that nobody gives a fuck about.

It brings nothing new to the table.
>>
>>77690253
Well, there are a lot of interracial relationships going on and it seems like most of them are black guy white girl. At least from my observation.
So its not like it isn't happening. Maybe they are just trying to capitalize on that demographic.
>>
>>77690253
New Star Wars they are going to be cousins if not siblings. And they've already Nuked James getting Kara since he doesn't want to cross Super Cousin.
>>
>>77689563
That's what the show started as and nobody liked it.
>>
>>77690324
This.
Also, Supergirl is with a black guy in the comics so who cares.
>>
>>77690321
>Kara doesn't work as a solo character
ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT SHE ISN'T A STRONGK INDEPENDENT WOMAN WHO DON'T NEED NO SUPERMAN?
>>
>>77690361
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Holy shit stfu you retarded faggot and go read Gotham Central. It NEVER was Gotham Central.
>>
File: Mary_Tyler_Moore.jpg (13KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
Mary_Tyler_Moore.jpg
13KB, 360x270px
>>77689208
so it's like Mary Tyler Moore but with super powers. I guess she's going to make it after all.
>>
>>77690253
I'm just upset that their version of Jimmy Olsen is LITERALLY THE EXACT OPPOSITE of his comic book counterpart.

The scrawny, dorky weakling becomes the Infallible Hunk.
>>
I actually quite like Supergirl. At times it's uneven like in the pilot but it's more or less fiund its level as a comfy watch and all it really needs now is supporting cast development. Kara and her sister have a nice dynamic, Jimmy is nice older mentor character and Cat's the right level of cunt and nice. Even Max Lord and Henshaw are pretty decent. /co/ just loves to jump on the hate bandwagon.
>>
>>77689837

Phew! Thank you Anon.

>Sleepy Hollow probably dead

It hurts me to say this, but that may be for the best.
>>
File: Power_Girl.png (100KB, 200x361px) Image search: [Google]
Power_Girl.png
100KB, 200x361px
>>77690380
Yes.

But you know who is?
>>
>>77690388
Nobody fucking wanted a story about police. All normies did was bitch that there was no Batman.
>>
>>77690404
What bandwagon?

You mean the one we started when we saw that it was shit?

Because there wasn't one before.
>>
Did people really expect Kara to pick the nerdy white guy over James?
>>
>>77690407
Yea Sleepy Hollow lost its way during the second season and couldn't really find its way back.
>>
>>77690414
Yes that's why PG has had one not shit 12 issue run vs the mass of readable to good SG issues.
Fuck off casual.
>>
>>77690407

any show that wastes John Noble needs to die
>>
>>77690438
Hating on general. It's like with Gotham, it was a bit flawed in the first season so everybody just constantly shat on it. Then S2 rolled out and fixed most of it and now /co/ can't stop fellating the show enough.
>>
>>77690465
How many of Supergirl's good arcs featured Superman as a supporting cast member?

Power Girl's run didn't.
>>
>>77689481

Daredevil didn't set shit, House of Cards is miles above that show.

you need to watch more and better tv

DD and JJ are not getting any big awards for writing, directing or acting
>>
>>77690556
>caring about awards

why?
>>
>>77690495
And PGs run is literally buddy comedy, did you even read it?
>>
>>77690556
Watch those salt levels senpai, no one implied DD is better than HoC. He's talking about viewership numbers, which Daredevil did set a new high for.
>>
>>77690324
>Well, there are a lot of interracial relationships going on and it seems like most of them are black guy white girl.

Most interracial relationships are white/Asian or white/Hispanic, statistically.

>>77690370
>Also, Supergirl is with a black guy in the comics so who cares.

Supergirl has been hopping onto an assortment of dicks in the comics, I don't know how people decided the cripple is suddenly "the one".
>>
>>77690613

Taking this back then since seeing >>77690621
and realizing i misread
>>
>>77689208

Girls do like that stuff. That's what most female led sitcoms are about. Except the city is usually New York.

This isn't doing well because people dont like "grrrlll powah" superheroes. They never have, and never will. That's why every female led superhero effort on TV or movies has failed. That's why Marvel went in the opposite direction with JJ.
>>
>>77689481
this anon is right
>>
>>77690706
>people dont like "grrrlll powah" superheroes. They never have, and never will.

What about the 70s Wonder Woman?
>>
>>77690621
>He's talking about viewership numbers, which Daredevil did set a new high for.
Because I am.

http://variety.com/2015/digital/news/netflix-originals-viewer-data-1201480234/
>>
Its funny, Jessica Jones and Supergirl are great examples of what to do and what not to do with a female lead superhero show. JJ may be rough around the edges in some areas, but its generally a great show that unfortunately has to live up to Daredevil. Supergirl however goes out of its way to point out "YEAH GIRLS!" and has nothing interesting at all going on.
>>
>>77690706

Buffy had a pretty long, critically acclaimed run
>>
>>77690612
Yeah, I did.

What's your point?
>>
>>77690782
>6.5% of Netflix subs watched House of Cards season 3
>Nearly 11% watched Daredevil

So is Daredevil more popular than HoC?
>>
So would you guys say the Supergirl is worse than the Wonder Woman pilot? The one where WW was an asshole and tortured people for answers
>>
Okay, so, do you guys think they are gonna hook Kara and James up by the end of the season?
>>
>>77690843
DD has higher ratings but HoC keeps getting nominated for awards DD could never dream of.
>>
>>77690634
Who the fuck has Supergirl slept with?
>>
should've made it a cw show.
>>
>>77690873
Nobody, but she was H'el's girlfriend until she found out he was bad and flirted with Jason and maybe one of the guys from that space academy.
>>
>>77690867
Maybe because its an action show while HoC is a political drama. Quit being an award babby.
>>
>>77690791
anon just nailed it

I can't possibly agree with you more
>>
>>77690873
Well, the last issue I read she was kissing a black guy.
White comic readers were pretty pissed about it so I assumed that was her new boyfriend.
>>
That's what happens when you air on the same night as Monday Night Football.
>>
>>77690974
CBS only cares about the ratings on their own network. The lowest rated shows are always the first ones cancelled.
>>
Sadly, that is what they get for being so progressive in this racist society.
>>
If they cancel this before Kara and James hook up I'm gonna be pissed.
I was looking forward to reading all the angry white nerd's reactions on /tv/ and /pol/.
>>
>>77690799
Were there many 'Is it because I'm a woman?' moments and monologues about the importance of the word 'girl' in Buffy? 'Cuz I don't remember them.
Nobody minds female leads. Nobody minds female superheroes. Supergirl ain't bad because it has a female lead. It's bad because of shitty writing and because it tells you (or more specifically shoves it down your throat) instead of showing. We don't need to hear how Kara is strong and independent. We need to see it.
>>
>>77690753

It isnt remembered nearly as fondly as Batman 66, or Donner Superman. Shes mostly a joke.
>>
>>77688818
They shouldn't air the show at the SAME time as Gotham. Making your shows compete against each other and making them choose one is not a smart idea. Especially since most people will choose Gotham. Dumbasses.
>>
>>77690947
Wasn't that nigga in a wheelchair? They definitely didn't fuck in any case.

>>77690908

Ah yeah. I thought so.
>>
Daily Reminder on how to fix Supergirl"
>Make Jimmy actor Steel and beta actor Jimmy
>Instead of spaghetti "its my first day" Kara, make her hot headed who needs to learn restraint over her powers rather than general incompetence
>Clark should be away in space or trapped in the phantom zone to avoid the "wheres superman" thing
>Use characters like Despero, Lobo, or at least try to do decent make up work
>STOP ADDRESSING THE GIRL POWER THEME
>>
>>77691231
>Making your shows compete against each other and making them choose one is not a smart idea.
DC/WB don't run the shows that much, the networks decide what slots work best for them. DC/WB probably just limit what properties the production companies/showrunner can touch.
>>
>>77691059
It isn't progressive though.
It's the opposite because it doesn't believe that it can just have a female lead. They think that they have to spell it out for the audience. Like people would question her legitimacy as a superhero because she is a girl and that's bullshit. After decades of female superheroes kicking ass in comic books, after Ripley, after Xena and Buffy - you don't have to prove anything to have a female lead. You don't have to have a pseudo-feminist monologues and dialogues. What you have to do is do your job properly and make an interesting show. Same as you do with a male lead.
>>
File: 1445988756245.jpg (78KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
1445988756245.jpg
78KB, 338x305px
>>77691231
>Why are two competing networks trying to compete with each other
>>
>>77691292
>Instead of spaghetti "its my first day" Kara, make her hot headed who needs to learn restraint over her powers rather than general incompetence

This. Please.
>>
Has Red Tornado shown up yet? Call it morbid curiosity but Im ready to be disappointed
>>
>>77691231
Supergirl is targeted at families while Gotham is more of a show for teenagers and adults. There isn't an overlap in demographic at all or else Gotham's ratings would have dropped, which they didn't.
>>
>>77689178
>implying the story written by David S. Goyer, Zack Snyder, and Geoff Johns isn't known by the film makers
>>
>>77690913
thank u for reking tht fgt
>>
>>77689277
It kills me inside every time. And then I remember the writer strike, and it feels worse.
>>
>>77690321
Kara can work fine as a solo character without using Superman as part of her supporting cast, her Nu52 comic should be proof enough at least. But you're right, the show itself is cliche as hell and not in an entertaining way.

Though Henshaw isn't a tough-but-fair mentor, he's just an asshole who really need to take a management sensitivity training course.
>>
>>77688818
CBS is the old peoples network. The show really needed to be apart of the CW universe. Supergirl landing on Earth and then later fighting metahumans as part of the particle accelerator accident works much better than fighting aliens from a alien prison or Supergirl's own aunt. And of course crossovers.

Although I don't mind Benoist as Supergirl, the rest of the characters are awful.
>>
>>77688818
why is jimmy Olsen black?
>>
>>77691914
I may have been hasty in saying Kara doesn't work on her own, but I think the reason she doesn't work on her own HERE is because of the fact that they tease us with Superman's absence in all the fucking time by tossing his supporting cast and villains and namedropping "the big guy" every 10-20 seconds. And there really isn't any in-universe reason for why Superman couldn't just show up at any time and fix everything. On top of that, in the Reactron episode, that is exactly what he fucking does, so there's no reason to give a fuck about Kara. She's a cliche, poorly written and ultimately useless character. In this show, not the comics.

By the way, I was referring to Jimmy Olsen, not Hank Henshaw.
>>
>>77688818
This is what killed the Dilbert cartoon
>>
>>77692086
>And there really isn't any in-universe reason for why Superman couldn't just show up at any time and fix everything

The Reactron episode specifically addresses this.
>>
>>77692116
Wait, how?
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 1200x600px
>>77692135
By defeating Reactron, who Clark had not been able to defeat, she showed that she can handle shit in her own, and Clark now trusts her enough to not rush in every time there's trouble in her city.
>>
>>77692192
That is stupid, stupid and bad.

The thing about supergirl is that the only things she is better than superman at are space stuff (since she has a formal kryptonian education) and being a red lantern.
>>
>>77692192
>she showed that she can handle shit in her own

Until a bigger threat than a lame ass villain like Reactron shows up.
>>
>>77692192
>she showed that she can handle shit in her own

When Superman showed up, Reactron was beating her to death.
>>
>>77692086
>And there really isn't any in-universe reason for why Superman couldn't just show up at any time and fix everything.

There isn't really isn't any in-universe reason why Kara isn't speeding off to Metropolis and helping Superman fight his enemies either.

If I were a writer and had to think up a reason, it'd be the secret identity. Hard enough to disappear whenever your city is threatened, even harder to disappear when another city is threatened.
>>
>>77690791
Its not about the plot. If it was about the plot I would have watched the second episode because it may have been better, The show just has terrible acting and dialogue and does stuff like paying "She's a bad mammajamma" un-ironically. No way that's ever gonna get better.
>>
>>77692251
And that's when they can do a proper El-family team up, sempai.

>>77692232
She defeated him partly thanks to her working relationship with the DEO and finding out who he was. Not because like lol she's judt better.
>>
>>77692272
And then later in the episode she defeated him by taking out his power armor.
>>
File: tumblr_lw6bxyVUKS1r79ttzo1_400.gif (76KB, 400x291px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lw6bxyVUKS1r79ttzo1_400.gif
76KB, 400x291px
>>77692375
OH SO SHE DIDN'T DEFEAT REACTRON ON HER OWN

THEN WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT
>>
>>77692375
Makes some sense but still not a fan. Whatever though I watch Gotham instead of this i was just curious about the op and read the thread.

I'm also a minor fan of a lot of the comic and animated Supergirl stuff so this show is actually a letdown for me
>>
>>77688818
they made a shitty love triangle within the first episode.
they made supergirl try to appeal to geek chic culture (very popular with millennials) through dress while giving supergirl a kind of valley girl personality.
every episode has been how she is inadequate to superman pretty much. this alienates the retarded SJW crowd who would see this as sexism rather that for what it really is. someone trying to compete with their living legend relative and to make a name that distinguishes themselves from them for their own merits.

personally i thought the show was alright and it hasn't hit its stride, no one really wants to see how supergirl lives with her inadequacy complex or how a solid 8 or higher out of 10 girl has problems finding a date. ( great way to piss off less than attractive female and male viewers honestly)
>>
>>77689633
The problem is that the black guy is Jimmy Olsen. Bros before hos.
>>
>>77689171
>from a network standpoint.

That's the problem, their standpoint is what's wrong. Its sort of show has only so much demand, and by putting it opposite Gotham, they're splitting its already niche audience across two networks. You can't just magick viewers into existence. Like Kilgrave's powers on Jessica Jones, audience growth is incremental, not exponential.

>>77689316

The quality of Supergirl is no worse than Berlanti's other cape shows.
>>
>>77689766
Tumblrites ship Jessica Jones with Trish or Kilgrave though
>>
>>77692533
I ship her with every woman on screen. Because it seemed like she was in constant danger of getting lesbian raped.
>>
>>77690321
I agree but its no different for the Flash, I hate how well regarded it is here despite being nothing special 90% of the time.
>>
>>77690861
Its a little better but they're in the same league of shit
>>
>>77692702
The characters are well rounded and engaging, particularly the villains.

And it's the first superhero TV show/movie to introduce a multiverse and multiple timelines.
>>
>>77692405
Sure, but considering she would have been dead if Superman hadn't shown up, going "Clark, why didn't you let me handle it myselfffffff" is stupid.
>>
The white knights are still supporting the show through their blogs or they move on to JJ already?
>>
>>77692478
Winn and Jimmy are both shown in pretty negative lights. Winn is clingy and possessive while Jimmy seems to be stringing along Lucy for no real reason.
>>
>>77692702
Pandering to its target audiences, as mentioned before. Flash has a team that's willing to blow a huge chunk of its budget for an episode on a 1 minute Killer Shark scene just to please its fans, while the same pandering in Supergirl is "SHE IS A STRONG WYMYN!" moments.

If it was on CW it'd just be love triangles and cool nerdout moments plus crossover shenanigans, and people would have been willing to forgive its other shit.
>>
File: Cordelia.jpg (96KB, 603x806px) Image search: [Google]
Cordelia.jpg
96KB, 603x806px
>>77688818
>DCasual show/movie/comic fails yet agin
BUT WHYYYY?

Gee, maybe it's because MarySueperman and MarySuepergirl are shit characters 100 years out of date.

At least have some hot sluts like Buffy did.
>>
>>77692858
>Jimmy seems to be stringing along Lucy

Nah if anything Lucy is being a crazy Felicity level stalker following him to his new job and Jim is giving her a second chance against his own better judgement.
>>
>>77692903
I never noticed Cordelia had a lazy eye.
>>
>>77692950
Wait, so Jim is still actually the beta?
>>
>>77692903
>At least have some hot sluts like Buffy did.

>you will never fuck a dismissive and condescending Cat Grant in the parking lot of an upscale wine bar.
>>
File: original.gif (463KB, 400x222px) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
463KB, 400x222px
>>77691292
This anon fucking gets it
>>
File: livewire cosplay.jpg (2MB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
livewire cosplay.jpg
2MB, 1280x1920px
is this worth watching? for perspective, i like the MCU, im suffering through SHIELD, and i love the flash. and livewire is my waifu
>>
How can shows with a smaller budget, like the Flash, have much better special effects and costume design?
>>
>OC main baddie is literally fem-Zod.

BRAVO
R
A
V
O
>>
>>77693519
jesus christ shes perky
>>
>>77692763
Yea and thats cool, but again 90% of the time its barely better than Supergirl in terms of the majority of it being non hero related drama that is cookie cutter and poorly done.
>>
>>77693519

It just strikes me as really "meh".
>>
>>77694123
yeah. i dont want to waste my time on it, but i am curious, so i figured id ask.
>>
>>77693584
>Do you see nerds still worshiping Lynda Carter decades after the show was on or she gets to do voices on cartoons like Adam West? Nope
>>77693680
>Melissa Benoist is also a gross slut who took porn selfies.

Why are these comments being deleted? They're both true.
>>
>>77694153

Watch any 1 episode. If you don't like it, you won't like the rest.
>>
>>77694312
thanks
>>
>>77693519
Just watch the Livewire episode. It's the best(least shit) one.
>>
Supergirl is on her knees... ;-(
>>
>>77688818
I've only seen a couple episodes but it seems as if the show doesn't know what audience it's going for, is it going for comic fans?, people who know nothing about superheroes but are curious?, or is it trying to be some ally mcbeal/ugly betty type show?
Why in the world did they make the show about supergirl instead of powergirl if they wanted her to be a adult?
Why are they following the continuity of Man of Steel a movie that was not well received by either comic fans or casual moviegoers?
I just can't figure out who the show is for.
>>
>>77692533
>ship with Kilgrave

I don't understand. He was an irredeemable sociopath. He literally and figuratively raped her for who knows how long. He is a straight white man.

Shouldn't they hate him?
>>
>>77691059

progressiveness is communism. So you can keep your progessive ideas.
>>
>>77691292
A girl just can't be competent without everyone pointing out. How else will they know they can be equal?
>>
>>77689633
Normal people don't care about race.
>>
>>77688985
>The fact that I have to power through an episode

I have trouble with the commercials sometimes
>>
>>77694631
>Shouldn't they hate him?

You say this like Tumblr's heartthrobs aren't all straight white bad boys. Look at Loki.
>>
>>77690706
Buffy
70s wonder woman
Xena
Charlie's angels
Most shojo anime like Cardcaptor Sakura and sailor.
>>
>>77694631
he's played by a hot guy that makes Tumblrites wet and as much as they deny it looking hot goes above anything else
>>
>people talking about this being on CW
who else loves the trashy crap on that channel? The 100 is the goofiest thing and it's amazing.
>>
>>77688818
>people actually thought a tv show about a female superhero would succeed
>>
>>77695895

i've been arguing for like 5 or 6 years they're the best of the big 5 networks
>>
File: wonder-woman.jpg (404KB, 860x1266px) Image search: [Google]
wonder-woman.jpg
404KB, 860x1266px
>>77695042
>70s wonder woman
>Charlie's angels
>Girl Power.

Models flouncing around =/= girl power.
The opening scene of Paradise Island is Amazons frolicking on the beach in nighties.
>>
Because the show is garbage. There's no two ways about it.
>>
>>77689740
>Any fan of the CW show will tell you they have MASSIVE writing flaws

Nah, a lot of people think they're genuinely good or great, especially Flash.
>>
>>77697937
Yeah but not for the writing.
>>
>>77698053
Yet they say this show is GOAT.
>>
>>77688832
/thread
>>
>>77698101
For many things, that aren't the writing.
>>
>>77694631
Fangirl Shipper =/=SJW
>>
>>77692528
>Like Kilgrave's powers on Jessica Jones, audience growth is incremental, not exponential.

Jesus Fucking Christ, kill yourself.
>>
>>77698053

I was specifically talking about the writing. Critics also praise it for good drama or development, and never seem to mention the ACTING (Even Cavanagh is worse this season, he keeps doing that raspy whispery shit as Wells 2) moments in nearly every scene. I'm not sure if anyone mentioned how pointless Cisco's subplot about his powers was or the terrible resolution, Jay/Caitlin interaction being pointless and going nowhere, and so on. Even things like Caitlin expressing sadness about Grood, despite doing him good, and Ciso reassuring her is shoddy as fuck (and terribly delivered through dialogue an acting).
>>
>>77698200
Maybe they're comparing it to other CW shows or some other ridiculous low standard but pretty much anyone i talk with about this show/co/mrades or friends in real life generally accept its acting is pretty shit bar a few exceptions and the writing is terrible. Wouldn't know what critics think of this show since i don't generally care for any of their opinions and its a CW show, its not some great show that needs deeper dissection outside of what comic book references it made.
>>
So long, Supergirl. We hardly knew ye
>>
Would you watch a Supergirl/Purple Man crossover with all it implies?
>>
>>77698527

Yes, as it would be the only way to save this mess.
>>
>>77688818
>It just keeps falling. What went wrong?

Nobody wanted a Supergirl show in the first place.
>>
>>77698162
Hyperbole at its finest, folks.
>>
>>77688818

DC is being dumb. Marvel has proved what good can come from tying their cinematic universe together into one cohesive canon. With DC though, it's just limiting what they can do with each individual branch. We have the movies, which are separate from the CW shows, and now we have Supergirl which is taking a "maybe" approach to its relevance to already existing franchises. It's trying to cash in on Man of Steel and the movie universe, while keeping the door open with the CW shows, without fully committing to either. Therefore, the lore the show tries to play with suffers, because anything they say now has to apply with the eventual choice they make.

It's a cash in, with minimal effort put into it as a result, and it's suffering for it.
>>
>>77695042
>CCS
>Sailor Moon
>grrl power

Holy shit, you don't know what you're talking about. Stick to /co/.
>>
I gave it a shot, but the last episode chased me. I just can't give a shit about anything in it.
>>
>>77698649
It means they can't commit to anything.

Benoist is great IMHO, but she's surrounded by a show that is more concerned with fitting in than telling a story.
>>
>>77690799
Except buffy was about some girl who wanted to be normal while having to risk her life dealing with weird supernatural shit.
Not about
I'M A GIRL I CAN FIGHT TOO
>>
>>77698649
To be fair, DC is still trying to establish a movie universe. Until that takes off, we're dead in the water. Can you imagine if they cancel CW stuff to make way for DCCU connected shows?
>>
>>77698660

Sailor Moon is grrl power, not so much CCS - does SM have to be obnoxious about it to count? For one, using your femininity as a source of power and being entirely dependent on it.

>>77698388

When such a mediocre show has no negative reviews on RT or Metacritic, it's very suspicious.
>>
>>77698853
>When such a mediocre show has no negative reviews on RT or Metacritic, it's very suspicious.
My guess is the people who care for reviews will be aware enough to realize this is a CW show, the standard is set low in every comparable facet to other shows to begin with. What's the point of ripping into a show who's target audience is women who are into shipping and guys who want to see guys in silly costumes go fast? It'd be like being annoyed the Kardashians aren't reviewed harshly enough.

The Marvel/Netflix shows are at least buckling this trend and showing capeshit can be quality.
>>
>>77698741
Thats the problem, its trying to push Girl Powa instead of simply telling a story and exploring Kara. Focus on story, not messages.
>>
That's great news.

Hopefully it will get cancelled along with Gotham, Agents of SHIT and Arrow.
>>
>>77699191
>along with Gotham, Agents of SHIT and Arrow.
>on /co/
>hates comic book shows
I understand not liking them but wanting them cancelled? This'll just lead to your preferred show getting nuked too
>>
>>77699130
>It'd be like being annoyed the Kardashians aren't reviewed harshly enough

Show me where that's praised as strong and made out to be a great show like The Flash. There's no "it's a CW, so remove X amount of points from my score" or anything like that. You can give it its due while giving it a score it's actually worthy of. Did you mean to ask what's the point of actually doing your job and offering genuine criticism?

Even TWD is rated more harshly than this cookie cutter shit by the same publications and it's appealing to the lowest common denominator .
>>
>>77699260
>solidarity sister
No
>>
>>77699300
Why can't you just ignore the stuff you don't like, senpai?
>>
>>77699191
>Agents of SHIT
I just want to say, AoS is pretty good and his been for a while.
>>
>>77699260
>it's a comic book show
>you should like it no matter how bad it is

What kind of stupid reasoning is that?
>>
>>77699374
I didn't say that he should like them. see >>77699345
>>
>>77699370
Same with Gotham.
>>
>>77698853
Sailor moon isn't really girl power I don't think, it's all pretty standard coming of age magical girl stuff. Having powers is just metaphor shit
>>
>>77699295
>Show me where that's praised as strong and made out to be a great show like The Flash
http://www.refinery29.com/kardashians-keeping-up-modern-family

Now, my source looks like an absolute shitfest, but that's kind of my point. Any publication/reviewer that recons the writing on stuff like Arrow isn't shit won't be exactly an opinion you want to hear, and thats what reviews generally are, the opinions of the reviewer.

As i said earlier, i don't read them for this exact reason. I don't need anyone telling me what to like.
>>
File: hank henshaw.gif (970KB, 280x284px) Image search: [Google]
hank henshaw.gif
970KB, 280x284px
>>77694430
just finished Livewire. if hank henshaw is actually the villain, and gets powers and shit, ill keep watching.
>>
>>77699843
I think/hope they are setting up Hank, Kara's Foster dad and the two other astronauts as major big bads like an evil Fantastic Four.
>>
>>77700008
oh, nice. Dean Cain as the dad seems like such a cameo role, itd be cool if he actually came back as a villain.
>>
>>77689837

bones is still on? I thought thats show was wrapped up by now
>>
>>77688818
>What went wrong?
Should have been Powergirl

had alot more potential and fan interest
>>
>>77689267
>well choreographed fight scenes
>Aroww and Flash
Pick one
>>
>>77692066
Because fuck you that's why.

I guess. I'm black and even I don't like it. I have a strong feeling they wanted more "diversity" among the main casted and just said fuck it and make Olsen black.

Honestly, I would've been more fine with it if it was some black guy such as Childish Gambino/Donald Glover being Jimmy Olsen. Now, if you're looking for a black Jimmy Olsen, then Donald Glover's THE perfect guy for it. He's skinny, he's average looking, and he even fits a nerdish stereotype.

I mean, they didn't even bother to make black Jimmy Olsen anything like him other than just sharing his damn name. This guy is huge, tall, brooding and looks like he's an ex-NBA player. He's like all of the opposite things that Jimmy Olsen was, and that's not even including the fact that Olsen is white.
>>
>>77701489
An int'restin' spin'd've been if they could've found a black guy like Malcolm X ie with red hair
>>
>>77688975
the only games girls play are cockteasing games
>>
>>77690485
Almost every show on /co/ that starts with people shitting on it becomes popular after a while only because the people who dislike it get tired of bitching and leave, leaving only the people who liked it in the first place. Happened with Korra. Happened with Young Justice. Happened with Green Lantern. Happened with Tron Uprising. All shows not completely shit but overall flawed. Just bad enough to disappoint people but not bad enough to constantly complain about them for years.
>>
>>77699843
I'll suffer through eternal shit for Hank Henshaw.
>>
File: sailor feminism.jpg (25KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
sailor feminism.jpg
25KB, 500x380px
>>77699520
>>
>>77701489
>He's like all of the opposite things that Jimmy Olsen was, and that's not even including the fact that Olsen is white.

It's different interpretation. They chose to focus on Jimmy Olsen, Superman's best pal. Not geeky guy from the 50s with a bowtie who perhaps occasionally take pictures and would be a complete beta Jimmy that is everyone's head canon. DC has been trying to push Jimmy into not being a skinny nerd for years now. It's a healthy change since old Jimmy does fuck all in the comics, other than exist because he's old and iconic enough, just like Lois and Perry, except he doesn't really offer anything to the plot anymore.
>>
>>77690556
>House of Cards
At least name a show that's not completely terrible.
>>
File: Tumblr on rape culture.jpg (235KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr on rape culture.jpg
235KB, 500x362px
>>77694631
They love him precisely for being an irredeemable sociopath. Pic related

>>77698195
SJWs are a vocal minority and ironically, the majority are straight white men.
>>
>>77692342
>does stuff like paying "She's a bad mammajamma" un-ironically.

that actually makes me want to watch
Thread posts: 224
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.