[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

Hemsworth: Ragnarok Needs More GotG Style Comedy, Director Has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 484
Thread images: 58

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2880x1800px
>"I think [Thor 3] needs to be injected with that sort of smart wit and unexpected kind of humor, kind of what James Gunn came in and did with Guardians [Of The Galaxy]. It was like off center and unpredictable, and I think we can definitely use a dose of that, you know?"
>"I feel we had less of the sort of the naivety or fun or humor that the first [Thor] might have had. I wish we had more of that in the second [movie] … We’ve done regal. We’ve done Shakespeare, and we’ve shown that. I think now it’s time to go, 'Ok, cool. Let’s try something different,' and Taika just had such a brilliant sort of take and funny kind of ideas about where we could [go], how we could do that."

In B4 Marvelfags claim the MCU is anything more than a quippy gag factory with the depth of a wading pool.
"B-but Winter Soldier was a tense political thriller!"

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/What-Thor-Movies-Need-Do-Better-According-Chris-Hemsworth-95857.html
>>
>shawarma
>>
>>77687426
man fuck this.
>>
Further into the trash this goes. I dont want comedy from thor.
>>
Why must every movie they make be a comedy? Id much rather see a movie with greater gravitas and only moments of levity.
>>
>>77687426
The Thor movies, unfortunately, have already been my least favorite movies, so I don't feel a great sense of loss over this.

I didn't expect them to get better anyway.
>>
>>77687426
It's just to ensure that they make a banking. Remember Disney owns marvel now and can do as it pleases, not that it's a good thing.
>>
They think Thor 2 needed MORE humor?!
...SERIOUSLY?!!
>>
>>77687482
Because the memes people can make!
>>
>>77687426
>Ragnarok will be jokes
Nothing like the end of the world for a comedic setting, right?
>>
File: thor-vs-gorr-spread.jpg (596KB, 1950x1499px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
thor-vs-gorr-spread.jpg
596KB, 1950x1499px
>Things you will never see in the MCU
>>
>>77687426
>people think TWS is a serious political thriller

top kek

Anyway Thor movies are shit. Next Thor movie will probably follow in that tradition. That's not really a surprise at this point.
>>
Disney turned Marvel's heroes to a joke.
>>
Why is MCU Thor so garbage?
>>
>>77687534
Bendis did that years before Disney.
>>
>>77687541
Because it's a chick flick franchise.
>>
Why dont they try something different and actually make a Thor movie
>>
literally who cares about thor
>>
>>77687532
The directors said that is what it is so thats what people call it, your smugness doesn't change that fact.
>>
>>77687526

>Jason Aaron's thor

>Whor

>Captain Planet's too cheesy for tv archnemis

>Idiot raging Misogynist Stalin Odin

>Pubeface Loki

>Good

Keep that shit as far away from the MCU as possible, please.
>>
>>77687524
Not supporting hemsworth's opinion but it did work for This Is The End.
>>
>>77687541
Because muh Loki.
>>
>No Beta Ray Bill
feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>77687426
>thor/hulk buddy cop movie in spaaaace
I need this
>>
And there it goes the last chance to have an epic Fantasy Thor movie.
>>
>>77687426
>the script: Ragnarök - The last desperate battle of Asgaard
>the movie: Ragnarök - A buddy cop comedy
Well, at least you tried, Chris Yost.
>>
>>77687534
So did the writers
>>
>>77687582
The difference with that is This is the End was taking a frequently-used setting the audience was familiar with and played around with well-established tropes of that genre. There is no Ragnarok genre of films, so the movie can't use the same approach.
>>
Has Marvel been taken over by people that don't read Marvel?
>>
>>77687680
Its about even with how many people co/ actually read comics
>>
>>77687576
YOUR A GOD DAMN FUCKING IDIOT, all that crap you listed came after God Butcher God Bomb which is a fucking masterpiece.
>>
>>77687696
So who is reading Marvel?!
>>
Will Thor be the most consistently awful superhero movie trilogy ever?
>>
>>77687725
I do but I'm only reading moon knight right now who will never get a movie in my lifetime and its ok
>>
>>77687648
You are the cancer that's killing an already dead genre.
>>
>>77687541
Thor himself isn't bad. The movies just aren't great.
>>
>>77687680
>Has Marvel been taken over by people that don't read Marvel?
The movie people probably read more comics than the comic writers at this point though. I mean this is just Hemsworth. He's just a mediocre actor with a great body. The actors don't need to know the comics.
>>
>>77687426
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

MCU is the biggest Monkey Paw in the history of mankind. Fuck.
>>
>>77687541
Thor is a movie that would honestly benefit from the grimdark setting of DC's movies as oppose to the shitty quirky comedy of Marvel's movies.
>>
>>77687766
This... THIS... OMG, T.. H.. I.. S
>>
>>77687750
>You are the cancer that's killing an already dead genre.
The genre may be aweful, but it's not dead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJBnK2wNQSo
>>
File: 1428263147012.png (79KB, 360x205px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1428263147012.png
79KB, 360x205px
>Ragnarok
>funny and comedic
Fuck this and fuck Marvel. They proved they could do more serious stuff pretty well with Winter Soldier and Daredevil, why do they insist on making 95% of their movies into quippy shitfests? Thor 3 could've been great as a dark fantasy movie, instead they choose the safe and boring comedic shit we've come to expect from the franchise.
>>
>>77687766
Its sad because its true
>>
>>77687484
I really dug Thor 1. I haven't seen Thor 2 but I hear it's nothing like what I was hoping it'd be: a family drama where Asgard is weakened from the destruction of the bifrost, the Dark Elves are pressing their advantage, and instead of being the good son Odin needs of him Thor is fucking off to Earth to protect Jane Foster from being mugged 'n shit.

If there's a series where politics and royal bloodlines and gravitas shit could work, it's Thor, but my hopes are being dashed to all but nothing right now.
>>
>>77687766
Huh. That's a surprisingly clever observation. Though WB also has a habit of making things more "realistic" and that would be even worse.
>>
>>77687711

>>77687711

>>77687711

For those not in the loop, the Gorr "masterpiece" can be summed up as

>guy lives on a shit planet, blames gods for it being so shit

>finds a weapon for killing gods

>proceeds to kill gods

>beats up Thor

>makes Thor his bitch for millions of years

>Thor eventually hits him with TWO hammers because of time travel, and that's enough to beat the godkilling god who is also a god now. Take that, athiests!

The art was absolutely beautiful, there's no question about that. But Aaron has always been complete shit on Thor.
>>
>>77687736
Yes... yes it will.
>>
>>77687798
>and Daredevil
Like the Netflix side has anything to do with any other part of Marvel live action.
>>
>>77687746
Wasn't there like a rumor for a Netflix show awhile back? IDK, I hope that turns out to be true. It would be amazing.
>>
>>77687426
>We’ve done regal. We’ve done Shakespeare, and we’ve shown that. I think now it’s time to go, 'Ok, cool. Let’s try something different,'

What?

No, no you guys haven't. You haven't gotten anywhere fucking near a serious tragedy or drama. You're making a movie about the god damn apocalypse, it should not be a quirky ensemble comedy.
>>
>>77687736
If only Fant4stic was a sequel. Thor wouldn't have to worry.
>>
>>77687482
Comedy is easy, drama is hard.

Also, audiences are increasingly averse to anything that's not feel-good.
>>
>>77687817
No, the story not being complex isnt a fucking flaw, it was written fucking incredibly with more scope and scale than 90% of comics.
>>
>>77687426
WB will do a good myth movie with WW and maybe Aquaman and we'll have three crappy Thor movies.
>>
Well he's not wrong.

When I go to a comic book movie I want it to be comic.

Not because my wounds they will not heal.
>>
Is the capeshit movie/tv show bubble finally going to burst?

One can hope.
>>
I'm starting to think GotG might be the worst thing to happen to the MCU. After Cap 2, I was hoping we'd get some more variety when it comes to the tone of these movies, but after the success of Guardians is seems Marvel just wants to play it safe and lighhearted forever.

Even worse, the whole "le ooga chaka XD" shitty humor is leaking in the comics too.
>>
>>77687886
For Marvel it will.
>>
File: Neverland002.jpg (68KB, 522x490px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Neverland002.jpg
68KB, 522x490px
>>77687879
>comics are comical
Sure.
>>
>>77687900
>Jane appears
>"i wonder what would happen if i used your hammer"
>>
>>77687864
This is actually false. It might have started out as such in the first two issues or so, but utterly falls apart the moment God Butcher ends and it transitions to God Bomb.

Aaron's set-up of telling an overarching story utilizing multiple periods in Thor's life is a really good idea, and Ribic was the perfect artist for it. The problem is that the premise proved too difficult for Aaron to write, resulting in him very quickly utilizing a deus ex machina time travel pool to throw all the Thors together in a horribly decompressed end arc that botched the entire concept he started out with.

It just isn't well written by any means. The initial promise was totally dashed through the author's inability to work with what he set up. A more robust author could make such a premise work and I hope one does some day, but the whole Gorr saga as it stands is a very fine example of a writer biting off far more than they can chew.
>>
>>77687879
Spoken like a true faggot who never read a comic in his life.

Not all of them are funny quipfests, you know.
>>
>levity is inherently bad

I knew this board was full of tryhard edgelords, but you faggots manage to surprise me every day
>>
File: Ultreeeee.png (395KB, 453x416px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Ultreeeee.png
395KB, 453x416px
>>77687426
Who the FUCK thinks comedy when making a movie that deals with THE END OF ALL GODDAMN FUCKING THINGS?


RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>77687426
>hey Gaurdians was unique and inventive
>lemme try to appropriate that and mass produce it!
Why on earth would you fucking do that?
>>
File: ForeverBlue.gif (217KB, 500x333px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ForeverBlue.gif
217KB, 500x333px
>>77687925
>>
>>77687940
Just the good ones.
>>
File: Nei Farcisist.jpg (104KB, 1184x615px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Nei Farcisist.jpg
104KB, 1184x615px
>>77687426

>Not Making it a no holds bar full out slug fest between Thor and His Robot Clone, something Manly well can all love and something along the lines of Winter Soldier.

COME ON MARVEL WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!!!
>>
>>77687946
It's not appropriate when the plot is about the end of the world.

And tedious when every single movie has the same lighthearted tone. Without tension, it becomes hard to care about the characters.
>>
Fuck you Marvel
>>
>>77687958
You're gonna screencap that because I'm not clicking on it to give your tumblr views.
>>
>>77687951
>Guardians made a lot of money
>We want more movies that make lots of money
It's pretty straightforward.
>>
File: 1400917539972.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1400917539972.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>77687951
>Guardians
>unique and inventive
>>
i give up
>>
>>77687984
It doesn't work though, people are dumb but they can kinda tell when something is souless. It's akin to inflation and money reprinting.
>>
> Just finished Jessica Jones
> Loved it
> get high hopes for the eventual Defenders
> see this
> hope for Avengers related films crumbles.


You know something's fucked when you care more for the C-list heroes like JJ and Luke. I honestly want to see the Defenders do shit before I see another Avengers movie.
>>
>>77687958
Im not sure what youre trying to say?
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 403x403px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 403x403px
Dance off, Jormungand! You and me!
>>
File: 42153253464.png (257KB, 500x375px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
42153253464.png
257KB, 500x375px
>ANOTHER action-comedy from Marvel
How original.
>>
File: 1.gif (2MB, 400x267px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1.gif
2MB, 400x267px
>>77687426
I feel like I was the only person on /co/ who was actually willing to give Feige the benefit of the doubt and develop expectations for this movie.
Every bit of news we've since heard about it has been like a dagger driven into my heart, inch by inch.
I'm ready to give up on it, /co/. You were right.
>>
>>77688015
You all will consider me a DC fag but I'm really excited to see what the DCEU does, especially when they manage to find the balance between dark moments and comedy elements in their movies that marvel hasn't been able to achieve. Basically we'll be getting the best comic book movies ever. Love always wins.
>>
>>77687946
Enjoy your quipfests, faggot.
>>
>>77687426
Aren't you glad that that mean ol' Perlmutter and that pesky creative council is gone?

Jokes good! Villains bad!
>>
>>77687968
I don't think general audiences will accept a serious Thor movie.
>>
JUST
>>
>>77688060
That wasn't supposed to be in response to anyone btw.
>>
>>77688051
>implying they'd actually go deep enough to use Jormungand
They're using Hulk instead of a good 3-5 Thor characters that would fill the exact same role. Shit at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even include Surtur.
>>
>>77688060
>Basically we'll be getting the best comic book movies ever.
That's very optimistic, considering the only movie in that universe so far wasn't very good.
>>
>>77688025
>You know something's fucked when you care more for the C-list heroes like JJ and Luke

What do you mean by this? This is generally how things always are. Lemme guess, don't read comics?
>>
>>77688025
>You know something's fucked when you care more for the C-list heroes like JJ and Luke
It's almost like in the actual comics. Everything big gets meddled with so much it all ends up bland garbage at best and the only actually cool stuff is found in oddball writers writing oddball characters.
>>
>>77687958
Hiro what are you doing here
>>
>>77688058
Its okay.
You want a hug?
>>
>>77688060
Thing is, I think Marvel achieved that pretty damn well with Cap 2. It had dark moments, but also parts of levity and hope to keep it from being too grim.

Seems like it was just a fluke though.
>>
>>77688082
I JUST WANT BILL
>>
>>77688060

> especially when they manage to find the balance between dark moments and comedy elements in their movies that marvel hasn't been able to achieve

Green Lantern was MCU-lite and MoS was a lot of things, but balancing comedy and drama successfully was not it. And now we've got the director of Fury and the director of Monster doing the next films.

Something tells me "balanced" isn't on the menu here. You've got one extreme or the other.
>>
>>77688083
>What?? those big meanies aren't excited for our marvel movies?! Well let's rag on the one movie that was great at everything else except for the writing!
>>
>>77688083
>considering the only movie in that universe so far wasn't very good.
Correct. It was awesome. (Not the guy you're responding to BTW.)
>>
>>77687750
Yeah all Thor movies should be super serious LotR in spaaace, you're absolutely right

You know why they made Antman more of an overt comedy than even the other MCU movies? Because Antman is a ridiculous power set. In the same way, most people think alien viking gods are a ridiculous concept.
>>
>>77687907
Pff. If anything Marvel's the safest of the bunch. People gravitate towards brands, and they're the biggest. WB and Fox are the ones who'll have to pack it in with the cape flicks sooner, just like Sony before them.
>>
File: 1448172178812.gif (464KB, 500x338px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448172178812.gif
464KB, 500x338px
>>77688076

>that feel when you are right anon.

I...I just want something action packed and story driven...is it to much to ask, looks like now a days it is.
>>
>>77687946
I don't mind humor. Moments of levity are great for breaking up the tension but Age of Ultron went way too far with that shit.
>>
File: yujkgyu.jpg (776KB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
yujkgyu.jpg
776KB, 1920x2951px
>>77687926
>resulting in him very quickly utilizing a deus ex machina time travel pool to throw all the Thors together in a horribly decompressed end arc that botched the entire concept he started out with.
This is all fucking lies. Decompressed is a good thing, The end should not fucking be rushed.
Nothing wrong with the time travel aspect whatsoefuckingever.
Fuck You!
>>
>>77687855
"dying is easy, comedy is hard"
Since when comedy became easy ?
>>
>>77688076
Why? Give us exactly what we have gotten but with the tone of the Lord of the Rings Movies or 300, no reason why that wouldn't be acceptable.
>>
>>77688105
>Seems like it was just a fluke though.

No it was the Russos
>>
Lol people are really butthurt about the DCEU comment, people I'm not a marvel fan (except for Spidey and Daredevil), I've heard so many great things about Thor as a character and it just sucks to see so much potential go to waste now that Marvel is Disney's bitch.

I've seen how competitive Marvel can be with serious stories like Daredevil, JJ, Spidey comics
But it's the sheer fact that THEY DONT WANT TO. their fine with shitting on their characters potential as long as it gets them a quick buck and it's sad really.
>>
>>77688058
I trusted Chris Yost to not write a quiptastic comedy and he did. Too bad the higher ups were immediately afraid of the script and are now doing everything to diminish the effects of it.
>>
>>77688133
Not really because when there are others offering a good difference in a similar product, you might see the brand youre used to isnt so great like you thought.
The Nolan trilogy man bank and i dont believe it was Batman but how different it was from the other caoe movie that came out around the same time.
>>
>>77688180
>give us exactly what we've gotten but different
The fuck are you trying to say anon?
>>
>>77688155
>Let's throw in a time-travel pool at the end of this six-issue arc because I can't figure out a way to resolve this in distinct separate time periods!

>And let's have the overwhelming majority of the second half of the story be two Thors standing around talking without much action at all until the last issues

>This is good pacing!

Like dude, I get that Marvel Now was a jumping-on point for a lot of people but just because it was one of your first books doesn't mean you should be blind to it's faults. It's a wide medium, you should look around.
>>
>>77688194
retard detected
>>
>>77688119
Point to where I said anything about Marvel movies.

Jesus fuck, consolewarfags are unbearable.
>>
>>77688192
>The Russos will save Marvel! The Russos are the greatest! Based Russos!
>Looks around for the next savior for when they inevitably do something terribly stupid.
>>
>>77687426
>In B4 Marvelfags claim the MCU is anything more than a quippy gag factory with the depth of a wading pool.
You say that as if one exclude the other.

Also, nothing wrong with quips.
>>
>>77688166
Because there are lower standards for comedy than for drama. It's easy to make dumb people laugh. It's a lot harder to get people to feel other emotions.
>>
>>77687974
>>
>>77688264
THIS. BASED ANON.
>>
>>77687850
Thor 1 was directed by a Shakespeare guy. There were verbose shouting matches in regal halls and angst over parentage and old men having heart attacks.
Chris just so happens to be forgetting that was only, like, 10% of the movie.
>>
>>77688192
It's been one movie.

Wait until Civil War comes out and we'll see how quickly /co/ turns on them.
>>
File: This.jpg (106KB, 975x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
This.jpg
106KB, 975x500px
>>77688264
It's happened so many times I'm surprised that people never learn.
>>
>>77687867
I was going to watch both anyway, but hearing it slept out like this is kinda depressing.
>>
I really hope both BvS and Apocalypse wreck Marvel's shit this summer

They are in desperate need of a humbling.
>>
>>77688166
When standards of humor dropped.
>>
>>77688299
lol
>>
>>77688299
THIS. BASED ANON.
>>
>>77688225
>>Let's throw in a time-travel pool at the end of this six-issue arc because I can't figure out a way to resolve this in distinct separate time periods!
He never said or promised they would be resolved separately, their is nothing flawed with the path he took.
>>77688225
>>And let's have the overwhelming majority of the second half of the story be two Thors standing around talking without much action at all until the last issues
Their is plenty of action and the banter between the Thor's was actually good.

I started getting comics in 2006, But I have read plenty of older runs. Marvel Now was 2013/14.
Fuck You.
>>
>>77687968
Fuck off, you want something manly pit him against Surtur or Mangog or even fucking Ulik. RoboThor should be forgotten.
>>
>>77688264
I do look forward to the day Marvelkeks turn on them like they did Joss Whedon.
>>
>>77688299
Not gonna happen. Civil War will make a shitton of money and you're delusional if you think otherwise.

RDJ, Spidey, casual magnet CW storyline, there's no way in hell it will flop. That piece of shit Iron Man 3 made over a billion, it's not like viewers care if the movie is bad or good.
>>
>>77688060
>especially when they manage to find the balance between dark moments and comedy elements in their movies
You're describing Fox.
DC's still rolling all their film through muddy puddles, don't get your hopes up for any "balance" to be struck by them.
>>
>>77688349
THIS. BASED ANON.
>>
>>77687541
Thor 1 is average, but Thor 2 is fucking great. The hate for it make no sense.
>>
File: LetItGo.gif (3MB, 299x240px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
LetItGo.gif
3MB, 299x240px
>People pledging loyalty to comic book publishers and fighting for them no matter what they do
>>
>>77688264
All the Marvel movies have been at least good so far, so it doesn't need any saving.
>>
>>77688372
Lol you'll do anything then just admit DC is doing good so far huh? You marvel fags really need to stop.
>>
>>77687426
>ragnaok
Sounds gr8
>supposed to be dark
Finally
>comedy director
Uhhh...
>Hulk is in it
Fuck yeah
>female villain
No Surtur?...
>We want the GotG audience
Just cluck my shit up
>>
>>77688119
You like a shitty movie, anon. No harm in admitting that. The MCU's shitty too, acting as though this is an either-or scenario makes you look like a bitch.
>>
>>77688397
I don't pledge any loyality, I have simply enjoyed all of the MCU production so far.

i can not say the same from the comics.
>>
>>77687426
Just quip my shit up fAm.
>>
>>77688398
Maaaaaaaan, you're gonna get SO many >implyings.
>>
>>77688410
calling someone a bitch cuz of their opinion on movies makes you look like a child
>>
>>77688264
I'm worried because Civil War had so many changes and meddeling and it seems so cluttered over all.
>>
>>77688410
No, what your clearly trying to do is if someone doesn't like a marvel movie then they shouldn't like a DC movie either because it's "not fair" or something, but so far I think WB/DC is doing pretty good but I'll admit some stuff they've done is questionable but not enough to make me super cautious and hesitant like Marvel.
>>
>smart wit
>shwarma
>>
But anyway aside for the DCEU looking better, I'm glad anon brought up the god of thunder comic it looks good, Thor seems like a really cool character.
>>
File: yanoposh.jpg (145KB, 500x333px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
yanoposh.jpg
145KB, 500x333px
>>77688401
I will when they DO good, instead of trotting out utter shite.
>>
>>77688454
Though seriously. It's like people don't enjoy fun anymore.
>be european
>get to see MCU movie one week early
what a nice movie, can't wait to talk about it next week with the rest of the board
>next week happens
>lots of people hate it
waaaaaaat?

That has been me for IM3, Thor 2 and Avengers 2.

Though for avengers 2, I was expecting it more because everyone was in a "I hate Joss whedon" mood already, but I still didn't expect internet feminist to complain about Black Widow, especially has their complain are either baseless or even in contradiction with the movie.
>>
>>77687426
>GotG Style Comedy
aka memes
>>
Thor doesn't need to be comedy.
But then again it didn't need that fucking romance either and they went with that for two movies, so maybe this will be an improvement over that at least.
>>
>>77688456
If only that's what the post was doing, instead of pointing fingers & citing conspiracies because other people DARED not share that opinion.
>>
>>77688535
The only GotG meme we got was "Dance of bro" and even that was forced as shit.
>>
>>77688535
GotG didn't use any memes tho.

It created some, which the comics then used.
>>
>>77688401
Not the anon you are talking to, but So far, DC has only put out one movie in their new DCCU and people are very ivided about it.

Though so far, BMvsSM as well as Suicide Squad look both promising.
>>
>>77688533
Geeks tend to tie their hobbies far too closely to their identity.
>>
>>77688533
People love fun. Look at The Flash's response on /co/.

What they don't like in insincerity and a refusal to have any real tension.
>>
>>77688155
Are you twelve? Each one of your replies to that other anon's arguments have been nothing but "Fuck you! You're wrong! It was great!" with no actual counter arguments
>>
>>77688459
What's fairness got to do with it? Fox is doing better than either anyway.
>>
File: Blue_Lantern_Ring.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Blue_Lantern_Ring.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>77688060
>especially when they manage to find the balance between dark moments and comedy elements in their movies that marvel hasn't been able to achieve.
When that happens it will be a point. Until then, keep holding onto this.
>>
>>77687815
Not really, in MoS Superman wasn't changed to be more realistic but the setting was.

That's what the DCEU is going for I think, putting comic-book characters in the real world.
>>
>>77688604
If you'd read God Butcher, you'd understand.
>>
>>77688119
>Well let's rag on the one movie that was great at everything else except for the writing!
That's like saying "He's perfectly healthy, except for the five pound brain tumor"
>>
File: 1366334672925.png (209KB, 396x394px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1366334672925.png
209KB, 396x394px
>>77688643
THIS. BASED ANON.
The art direction was shit too.
>>
>>77688533
Or maybe you just have low standards and arent worn out by similair products
>>
All marvel studios movies are generic shit
>>
>>77687766
I hate that this is actually true.
Well, either that, or just keep him off of Earth. Thor should be off doing nine realms shit, not in Arizona with a "We're pretending we hired her for her comedy skills" Kat Dennings.

>>77688623
I wouldn't even call it real world, because they waffled as to the realism for what fit any given scene.
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 342x491px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 342x491px
>>77687426
QUIP THAT SHIT UP BRAH

http://youtu.be/TeXatquVqAc
>>
>>77688643
Well that was Goyers fault, we've gotten rid of him now and replaced him with Terrio, see you in March BITCH.
>>
File: Superwat.png (468KB, 543x456px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Superwat.png
468KB, 543x456px
>>77687426
>le comedy of thunder
When will Marvel take Thor seriously?
>>
>>77688676
It will always be funny seeing comic book fans preaching about high standards.
>>
>>77688671
I used that metaphor for a specific reason.
See, a guy with a five pound brain tumor? He's fucked, yes, but he'd make a great organ donor. His lungs and kidneys and liver and heart can still be used.
Man of Steel is the same way. The writing is so terrible that the movie can't be salvaged, but the actors, the soundtrack, even the art direction, those aren't necessarily bad. They could (potentially) be used to great effect in other projects.
>>
>>77688603
>What they don't like in insincerity and a refusal to have any real tension.
Which is something the MCU stray away from.
>>
>>77688742
Seconded.
>>
>>77688735
So instead of a mediocre writer with a bunch of works to his name of varying qualities, I'm supposed to get hyped by a writer that's done ONE thing of note that isn't even in the same genre?

No, you won't see me in March. You'll see me six months after that when the blu-ray torrents are up for download.
>>
>>77688701
Kek

The reason Marvel Studios shit is so successful is because of how generic and appealing it is to various normie demographics

Setting it on Earth is a main factor
>>
>>77688754
>Not muh Superman!
Lol
>>
>>77688738
>When will Marvel take Thor seriously?
hopefully never, Thor sucks
>>
>>77688603
Well, about that, I have watched the first 3 episode of Flash (never watched Arrow), and I am not too keen on it does it get better. I can tell it has heart but the writing of the dialogue tend to be, I don't know how to describe it, but I'd say artificial. The characters seems a bit too clean out of the mold and it sometimes feel like generic drama pasted on a super hero setting.

I mean, just on the second episode, professor Wheelchair just pop up to clap that doctor, make a snide remark and then goes away. what was the point of that?

The reactions of the people to the supernatural seem sometimes like an amteurish play. I am sorry, I am not good at expressing why something please or don't please me, I just can tell when it work and doesn't. And with those 3 episode I had a regular feeling of how I felt from time to time with Season 1 of SHEILD. And it's a feeling of immersion breaking I never had while watching MCU movies.

Does it get better? Is there an improvement with the Flash episodes? thanks.
>>
I bet you fags never watched Boy or Flight of the Conchords. Taika Waititi is the man. Thor 2 had whedon meddling in with the jokes, Thor 3 will have based Kiwi humour.
>>
>>77688742
>It will always be funny seeing capefas preaching about high standards.
ftfy
>>
>>77688787
Nah he could have been amazing if Thor movies weren't just ads for the next Avengers flick.
>>
>>77688785
>Not muh Snyder/Goyer/WB!
???
>>
>>77688533
You sound like the breed of human executives and corporations love.
>>
>>77688784
Lord of the rings and Star Wars are successful, and those don't take place on earth.
>>
>>77688369
>If it makes money that means it good.
Im pretty sure he means storywise and such. No ones doubting it wont make money
>>
>>77688787
Which Thor comics have you actually read, anon?
Because you sound like a dude who's based his entire opinion of him off of the movies.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 600x736px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 600x736px
>Ragnarok is releasing the same year as Wonder Woman

this gon b gud
>>
>>77688820
Not really. I just watch the movies once and I am good with that.
What the executives and corporations love are the people who go see the movies several times, buy the DVDs, buy the toys and figurine and derived products and make youtube videos about it.

I am just someone who enjoy stuffs.
>>
I've long since accepted that movie Thor will never be good, I can only hope they don't bother with other villains because they will be ruined as well.
>>
>>77688853
I can see it now. Fangirls flock to Thor for a shirtless Hemsworth and their bae Loki, then go home and complain about how no one is seeing Wonder Woman because of the sexist patriarchy.
>>
>>77688853
WW will shit all over Thor in the boxoffice.
>>
>>77688738
There is comedy with Thor comics, though.

I mean, people seems to only remember the humor, but I also enjoyed it for the drama. Thor 2 is the movie that flesh out best Thor and Loki's relationship.
>>
File: whiskey men.jpg (30KB, 600x574px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
whiskey men.jpg
30KB, 600x574px
>>77687426
>yfw Thor 3 will be an inverted Iron Man 3
>>
>>77688904
Thor comics aren't 90% comedy like his movies are. That's the problem.
>>
>>77688870
Thor 2 is good.
>>
>>77687426

Hahahah

>Increasing comedy as a solution to Marvel's worst film franchise being shit

Yeah more laughs is why people didn't enjoy Thor. It's because the plots and villains are shit and none of the actors want to be there. See Elba or Hopkins.
>>
>>77688853
bombing children with white phosphorus and annexing your heart's heights.
>>
>>77688919
No, it's not.
>>
>>77688870
Literally how could they ruin Surtur.
He destroys shit because he's literally made of fire. That's it. You can't fuck that up.
>>
>>77688917
The movies weren't 90% comedy either.
>>
>>77688844
Still goes against the marvel formula of being is generic as possible
>>
>>77688919
Thor 1 is better.
>>
>>77688933
Look how they fucked up the Destroyer
>>
>>77688919
Worst capeshit of 2013
>>
>>77688950
I have no idea what you mean by "generic as possible'. Frankly it sounds like one of those weasel words like "epic" that's been used to the point that its lost all meaning.
>>
>>77688961
How?
>>
File: 1.jpg (159KB, 1296x774px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1.jpg
159KB, 1296x774px
And now I've given up on the mcu

Based fox and dc will demolish mcu next year, it's not even funny.
>>
>>77688979
>Ooh destroy cars woops tornado -> ded
Pathetic and anticlimatic
>>
>>77688844
The LOTR films are over 10 years old and SW over 30. Audiences then aren't the same as now, especially not in a post-Avengers world.
>>
>>77689005
These two studios just put out more memorable films.
>>
>>77689005
Lol you shouldn't have don't that, apparently if we hate the mcu movies then we HAVE to hate DC and FOX movies too, lol I guess all the hate is making mcu fags lonely.
>>
>>77688898
That really depends on her reception in BvS.
>>
>>77688971
That would be Iron Man 3.
>>
File: 1.jpg (112KB, 504x960px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1.jpg
112KB, 504x960px
>>77688853
Wonder woman will literally destroy Thor
>>
>>77689024
>The LOTR films are over 10 years old and SW over 30.
We had a Hobbit movie last year. And we''re getting a Star Wars movie in less than a month. They're still relevant.
>>
>>77689010
Okay, and? Destroyer's literally an object, not a major antagonist. It looked like it did in the comics and blew shit up; that's as good as it gets.
If Surtur gets used as a lackey or patsy (presuming he gets used at all) you'll have a case.
>>
>>77689027
Based fox/marvel
>>
>66 posters
>200+ replies

Dckeks samefagging again. Who would have thought
>>
>>77689034
Haha I know, mcu friends are funny

Dc and fox are superior in everyway
>>
>>77689027
Why did /co/ shit on DOFP when it came out?

I almost never see anything good said about the Fox X-Men movies here.
>>
Thor doesn't need humor. It's welcomed, but it should be epic adventure first and not amazing adventures of Thor in subway to villain.
>>
>>77689043
Iron Man 3 is actually GOAT.

It's the second coming of Lethal Weapon, I fucking love it.
>>
>>77688533
>eurotrash
>thinking his opinion matters
>>
>>77688933
>Fucked up Destroyer
>Nerfed Odin
>Fucked up dark elves
>Fucked up Warriors Three
>Fucked up the franchise
It's shit
>>
>>77689114
Dunno. Considering they're better than either Marvel's or DC's output.
>>
>>77689107
>and fox
I appreciate you guys updating the meme to include Fox, and hope this persists after Deadpool comes out.
>>
>>77689143
What was wrong with Warriors 3? Apart from Volstagg not being cartoonishy fat?
>>
>>77689146
>>77688977
Marvel studios has put out zero great or meaningful movies

WB has TDK, Superman 1, 2 and Batman 1989
Fox has 3 Xmen movies and DD DC is wonderful
Sony has 2 spiderman movies

Marvel has nothing on par with those, nothing that even tried
>>
Dc fans are so deep into hating marvel that they praise marvel movies (xmen) in an effort to make marvel look bad
>>
>>77689114
>Why did /co/ shit on DOFP when it came out?
I like DoFP but its pretty guilty of the same thing as the rest of the X-men movies; it cares about Wolverine, Xavier, and Magneto, with no one else ever getting to do anything of note or value. And ever since First Class, Mystique is added to that special clique of mutants that actually get to survive past one movie and do something.

Also it's pretty fucked up that as a result the allegory for prejudice centers on attractive white people.
>>
>>77689114
They're ok movies, but they're fucking shit X-Men movies.

Call me when they actually use the team and develop the mutants instead of jerking off Wolverine, Jennifer Lawrence and Magneto/Xavier.
>>
>>77688930
Yes, it is.
>>
>>77689205
FOREVER true.
>>
>>77689027

Claremont shit > Whedon shit

Does this really surprise anyone.

I'll go even further.

X-men > The Avengers

It's been like this for decades.

Fox > Disney

Now do you guise get it?
>>
>>77689196
Drone mad i see
>>
>>77688958
No, Thor 1 is more dull, it's okay, but Thor 2 is better.
>>77689043
No Iron Man 3 is the best Iron Man movie.
>>
>>77689194
>great or meaningful movies
>great or meaningful
Meaningless buzzwords to justify and elevate subjective taste.
Also why is Batman Begins frowned upon? DD? You mean the Ben Affleck Daredevil movie? We like that now? Doesn't Sony have 5 Spider-man movies? Which ones are we counting?
>>
>>77689107

DC movies, DC CW, Fox Marvel and Netflix Marvel are where it's at.

Why anyone would sit through ABC Marvel or Disney Marvel movies is beyond me.
>>
>>77689194
All of the Marvel Studios movie are great.
>>
File: 1.jpg (57KB, 570x683px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1.jpg
57KB, 570x683px
>>77689098
Ahahaahahh

>doesn't know what a conversation is

/mcu/ckolds everyone


Based fox and dc
>>
>>77689237
When I read about what happened to the subplots in DoFP I kind of started hating it.
>Future Sentinels capture Rogue and reverse engineer her powers, that's why they can copy mutant abilities
>Old ass Xavier and Magneto have to storm the base, fight Master Mold, and rescue Rogue
>Kitty ends up getting terminally injured, Rogue absorbs her powers so that she can help keep up the connection to the past.

Versus

>Let's make it about Mystique instead! I don't care if it doesn't make sense! We paid for JLAW!
>>
>>77689219
>why are the most popular characters the most prominent
Mind boggling

>>77689243
Avengers literally doesn't have a great run or arc

>>77689258
>we
Not a hivemind
Watch the DC and form your own opinion

>>77689276
Good pleb
>>
File: 1.jpg (40KB, 620x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1.jpg
40KB, 620x400px
>>77689196
No, we praise good movies

You marvel sheep don't think for yourselves.

The only thing you wash is your brain.
>>
Dc fans are depressing.
>>
>>77688735
>We
Stop. DC is a company, not your family. They don't even know you, let alone give a fuck about you.
>>
>>77689360
>Watch the DC and form your own opinion
Oh! Director's Cut.
Yeah, the directors cut of Daredevil *is* pretty good. Actually the director's cut of Fantastic Four was also pretty good too.
>>
>>77689392
Just like their shitty movies.
>>
>>77689364
I praise good movie too, this is why I praise the MCU movies.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it bad.
>>
>>77689392
Marvel fags are depressing, but I'll admit it was a dick move on our part to laugh during your time of mourning of the Thor franchise. Sorry for your loss.
>>
>>77688793
It's not well-written but it's entertaining.
>>
>>77689410
Imo the only good Marvel studios movies were IM, CA 2, IH.
>>
>>77689359
I was fucking thinking that so hard. She copies kooks not powers, Rogue makes more sense and if thry wanted more Jlaw, make her rogue's mother who doesnt want her daughter to go through that shit.
>>
>>77689364
>No, we praise good movies
Which is why you're marketing one that's not even out yet. :^)
>>
>>77689419
Shit, not as if they don't do the same when WB is hit with bad news.
>>
>>77687426
Holy shit, I feel bad for Taika. The dude is a good director and his rep is going to be tarnished for this shit.
>>
>>77689408
HIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>77688977
Marvel Studios makes safe, by-the-book movies with a very basic, re-usable plot structure. They avoid getting too serious or experimental, and are strategically made to appeal to the widest audience possible.
>>
>>77689466
There's much less denial here than there.
Mostly because the overwhelming majority of people going to the MCU movies seem to admit that Thor is the weakest link.
>>
>>77689444
Not just those movies.I liked the first CA and IM 2 and Avengers was fucking great. IM 3 is the best Iron Man and Thor 2 was very nice too and Guardian of the galaxy was rather funny. and Avengers 2 was awesome. There is just Thor 1 who is a bit dull.
>>
>>77689466
We both throw shit, but its funnier to throw shit at drones because they have some sort of superiority complex
>>
>>77689510
Exactly. Why anyone thinks Feige is a genius is beyond me.
>>
>>77689510
Ironman literally drops character arcs halfway through
>>
>>77689510
>Marvel Studios makes safe, by-the-book movies with a very basic, re-usable plot structure.
Everyone does. Changing the color filters on the camera doesn't make it a different genre.
>>
>relying on Marvel when a better alternative is already present.
>>
>>77689531
>having Superman murder
>a safe decision
Also BvS is a crossover before a solo
>>
>>77689531
>W-Well if Marvel's bad then DC's no better!!!
>>
>>77689518
youre fucking retarded, IM 3 was complete garbage and so was Avengers 2 and Thor 2.
>>
>>77689510
>>77689526
Except all of the Marvel movies have a different tone. None of them tell the same story.
>>
>>77689526
Because normies/casuals
>>
>>77689582
Plot structure =/= story
>>
>>77689574
All of those movie as fucking great and better than Pahse 1 movies. the hate for it is uncalled for.
>>
>>77689549
Goddamn that looks cool
>>
>>77689560
Didn't he kill in his early comics too? And in the movies? I'm okay with people not liking the movie but why not just come out and say you didn't like it because "not muh superman"?
>>
>>77689599
The plot structure is also different. all of them have their own rhythm and vibe.
>>
>>77689582
You mean they're not all macguffin chases? Because each one is pretty much a macguffin chase.
>>
>>77689582
See >>77689599
>>
>>77689560
Yeah, it was a safe decision. He did it in the comics and the only people whining about it are here. Superhero movies in general LOVE killing their villains rather than reusing them, so Zod eating it was hardly a surprise.

>>77689566
The argument wasn't good or bad. The argument was generic or not. They're all generic capeshit. One's just generic capeshit with jokes while the other's generic cape shit with Hans Zimmer in the abckground.
>>
>>77687426
They are aware that they're making action films not comedy tours, right?
>>
>>77689628
>The cube
> The orb
> The codex
...Huh. They really are. What's the MacGuffin in the Iron Man movies? The arc reactor? The armor?
>>
File: 1389348701796 (1).jpg (84KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1389348701796 (1).jpg
84KB, 640x480px
>>77689566
Keep swinging at that strawman, anon. You'll hit it eventually.
>>
>>77689744
Arc reactor.
>>
>>77689744
The codex?
>>
>>77689063

A Star Wars movie coming out in 2015 after Star Wars has been omnipresent in pop culture for the last 40 years is a lot more familiar and generic as far as movie audiences are concerned than a Star Wars movie coming out in 1977.

And the Hobbit movies were force into being LOTR 2.0, in a sense losing the Hobbit's uniqueness to fit in with what people expected from Jackson and the franchise. Not quite generic, but MORE generic than it should have been.
>>
>>77689194
>TDK
>not 10 times more generic than Batman Begins

kill yourself
>>
>>77689628
They aren't.
Iron Man 1 and 2 aren't Mc guffin chase
IH isn't
Thor 1 isn't
The mac guffin chase in Avengers is a sub-plot
IM 3 isn't.
Thor 2 isn't (they have the Mc Guffin from the start)
CA2 isn't.
Avengers 2 isn't
Ant Man isn't.
>>
>>77689770
They're still not set on Earth though.
This idea that Thor HAS to be set on Earth to sell makes no sense at all.
>>
>>77689762
Arc reactor isn't a Mc Guffin chase. Tony has it most of the time.
>>
>>77688132
Not helping your case pal.
>>
>>77689762
How though? It kind of matters in the first one (and even then its just a matter of miniaturizing it. They have a big one.). Vanko can essentially make his own in the second, and it's not relevant at all in the third one,
>>
MARVEL
COMEDIC
UNIVERSE
>>
>>77689798
I suppose if you wanted to get really pedantic Hulk is arguably his own Macguffin.
>>
File: oo.jpg (38KB, 590x452px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
oo.jpg
38KB, 590x452px
>>77689582

>Marvel movies
>Story
>>
>>77689827
I meant in the first one.

The second one's plot is a mess with barely any structure at all.
>>
File: burritos.jpg (7KB, 250x249px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
burritos.jpg
7KB, 250x249px
>>77689798

Stop this meme that these are actually movies and not comedic toy commercials devoid of plots or villains
>>
>>77689764
Man of steel.
>>
>>77689798
Iron Man 1 is Stane trying to get his hands on the Arc Reactor.

Thor 2 is Malekith trying to get his hands on the Aether.
>>
>>77689798
Cap 2 is literally running from point to point and listening to exposition like a video game
>>
>>77689630
see>>77689616
>>
>>77689820
>not liking the antman movie
>>
>>77689167
They were jobbers
>>
>>77689891
AMac guffin chase require that the hero doesn't have the Macguffin an try to to get it. And usually, the villain doesn't have it either and both race to get it. By that stricter defintion, only GotG really fit.

But the villain trying to get the McGuffin the hero already have is NOT a chase the Mcguffin.
It's a "Protect the Mc Guffin"
>>
>>77689801

I thought the original argument was that Marvel movies are generic and setting Thor on earth is a symptom of that. Not at all movies have to be set on earth or that all movies that don't take place on earth aren't generic.
>>
>>77689897
It's not a Mc Guffin chase, though.

Is more a plot of "the villain has taken over, how do we take it down". plot.
>>
File: 1445454760606.jpg (550KB, 1250x1255px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445454760606.jpg
550KB, 1250x1255px
>>77687426

Oh god they're going to use Led Zepplin for the soundtrack!

Wait, that might not be so bad.
>>
>>77688735
>we
>BITCH
Are you 14?
>>
>>77689920
Great argument
>>
>>77688796
Shit, I didn't know anybody else even heard of "Boy"
Consider me moderately hyped for the humor, if not hyped for the overall picture.
>>
>>77689897
How come there is no good videogame based on the Winter Soldier?
>>
>>77689950
>how do we take it down
>how
Attack point F
>>
>>77689574
Thor and Avenger sequels are shit. Iron Man 3 is the best of the Iron Man movies however.
>>
>>77689616
Not really. It's pretty much always:
>Hero has flaws
>Hero gets power
>Villain wants power
>Villain does bad things to get power
>Hero learns lesson in selflessness
>Hero fights villain to protect loved one(s)
>Hero makes heroic sacrifice, showing that they have become true hero
>Villain is defeated, hero manages to survive
>Hook for next movie
>>
>>77689867
Those movies have plots and those movies have villains.
>>
>>77689973
Because vidya generally have less wooden characters and a more engaging story
>>
>>77690016

>implying Chris Evans frowning at the camera isn't engaging as fuck

no homo
>>
>>77689989
All iromamn movies are shit, especially 3 which is just RDJ running around for 2 hours and generic businessman villain #3
>>
>>77687426
You say that like anyone gives a fuck about Thor.
>>
>>77690028
Are you a child?

He's a comedic actor/pretty boy, not an action star

Evans isn't even a typical alpha that men like, he's not even as tough as Hugh fucking Jackman
>>
>>77689999
You just described Man of Steel and Batman Begins too.
There's really only like 5 plots out there anyway, so acting like any work or even group of works is guilty of this is just silly fanboyism at work,
>>
>>77689988
No, it require that you defeat tons of enemies. and get in the enemies base, then you have to fight inside the base and defeat tons of enemy to reach the flying ships. then you have to beat the air level to reach the other flying ship and put the card in the terminal. then you have to defeat the game boss who turn out to be your best friend and only then can you put the other card in the ship and then you still have to leave the ship before it self-destruct.

Captain America is Old School, mother fucker.
>>
>>77690071
>There's really only like 5 plots out there anyway

kek, in Hollywood maybe
>>
File: 1.jpg (36KB, 480x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1.jpg
36KB, 480x480px
>making a doomsday movie a comedy one
Marvel drones will somehow defend this

Can't wait till this and civil war flops
>>
>>77687850
>You're making a movie about the god damn apocalypse, it should not be a quirky ensemble comedy.
>>
>>77690074
>old school
Code word for shit
>>
>>77689921
So just like the comics, then. :^)
>>
>>77689999
1) it's avery common story sturcture that apply to many existing movie outside of the MCU.
2)
Not the plot of Iron Man 2
Not the plot of Avengers
Not the plot of Winter Soldier
Not the plot GotG
Not the plot of Avengers 2
>>
>>77690140
Code word for hard.
>>
>>77690094
If you actually knew shit about storytelling you'd be familiar with that fact already.
>>
>>77688898
Not even Supes could "shit all over" Thor ..
>>
File: 1446674588484.jpg (29KB, 453x303px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446674588484.jpg
29KB, 453x303px
Gtog tried something new.

Copying it isnt trying something new.

#learningthehardway

Pic related. Same formula over and over.
>>
>>77690016
I wish most videogames had the same acting quality and character writing as Winter Soldier.
>>
>>77690071
>Batman Begins
>Hero has flaws
They all do but they're not as comedic or plot related as other shit

>villain wants power
No

>villain does bad things to get power
No

>Hero learns lesson in selflessness
Tied to his flaw

>Hero fights villain to protect loved one
No
He is a real hero and would protect anyone
>>
>>77690174
Bait

Superman ran circles around your "puny god" quippy marlel friend :^)

Stay in denial

:^D
>>
>>77690147

if you take out the "gets power" line, GotG and Avengers fit with Iron Man being considered the protagonist in the Avengers :^) , which is especially egregious in Avengers's case because it still treats Iron Man as someone who needs to make a real sacrifice in order to become a true hero even though that already happened in Iron Man 1.

Also you can see a very compacted version of that same arc present in Quicksilver in Avengers 2.
>>
What I hate about marvel movies is how none of them are heroes,they're all just looking out for their own shit because the villain has a vandetta against them

>>77690201
Tell me about the characters in Winter Soldier
>>
>>77690174
Thor
Domestic: $181mil
Foreign: $268mil
Total: $449mil

Thor: The Dark World
Domestic: $206mil
Foreign: $438mil
Total: $644mil

Man of Steel
Domestic: $291mil
Foreign: $377mil
Total: $668mil

Sure looks like he did.
>>
>>77689964
I was responding to a post that said "Not helping your case pal." Where is the argument there?

I stand by what I said and I'll expand on it. The easiest way to make a movie with a character with goofy powers is to not take it so seriously. Antman is a good example of that.

Do you think a very serious Aquaman movie is gonna make more money than something that realizes it's an Aquaman movie?

It's not impossible to take Antman, Thor, and my own example of Aquaman and make serious movies that will do well. The question is, what's harder to do? We don't really have a good movie with a serious tone about silly powers yet, Hollywood doesn't know how to do that yet. Since it hasn't happened yet, people don't wanna fund something like that when you're already taking the risk of making an Antman or Thor movie in the first place.
>>
>>77690229
>if you take out the "gets power" line, GotG and Avengers fit
Stil wrong.
Tony doesn't really learn lesson in selflesness. That's something he learned about in IM1. Here he is just doing what he know is the right thing. No. It doesn't treat Tony has someone that need to make a sacrifice to become an hero.. What actually happens is that it show Cap was wrong about Tony when he thought he was just a reach boyin armor. the one who learn a lesson is cap and it's not about selflessness.
And the Guardians don't learn lesson about selflessness, but about friendship. (also, no hook for the next movie)

>lso you can see a very compacted version of that same arc present in Quicksilver in Avengers 2.
Thus not the actual plot structure of Avengers 2.
>>
>>77690230
>they're all just looking out for their own shit because the villain has a vandetta against them

m8

Iron Man flies to the other side of the world to help out some poor people he saw on the news

Thor cares more about the wellbeing of an alien planet than his own home.

and literally everything about Captain Aerica, are you fucking dense, he wouldn't even be Captain America if he was the slightest bit selfish.
>>
>>77690284
>I don't read comics
>I care more about financial success of movies than their quality
K
>>
>>77690230
There is Captain America
Black Widow
Nick Fury
Crossbone
Hawkman
Pierce
Hill
Zola
>>
>>77690339
They have names, very deep
>>
>>77690358
You asked for it.
>>
>>77690314
>And the Guardians don't learn lesson about selflessness

Yes they did. The were only in it for money until the third act.
>>
>>77690331
>Iron Man flies to the other side of the world to help out some poor people he saw on the news
Just wanted revenge

>Thor cares more about the wellbeing of an alien planet than his own home.
Because it affected his gf

>and literally everything about Captain Aerica, are you fucking dense, he wouldn't even be Captain America if he was the slightest bit selfish.
In WS the bad guys wanted him dead
>>
>>77687426
I'm glad this shit isn't infecting their Netflix shows. They can keep producing masterpieces like JJ and DD while I ignore this crap.
>>
>>77690377
I asked you to tell me about them, either English isn't your first language or they really are that shallow
>>
>>77690332
Why are you talking about comics in a movie thread anon? Are you completely ignorant of how movies are made?

>muh comix
>muh art

Everything I know about superheros comes from movies, cartoons, live action shows, and video games. Fight me.
>>
>>77690382
This is not their actual lesson. their actual lesson is to work as an actual team. Selflessness is not something they really need to learn. Stopping the baddy come out as something obvious and straighforward. What they get the hard way is learning to work together.

Now that I think about it, Selflessness isn't even the lesson in IM1. what he learn about is dealing with the consequence of your actions.
>>
>>77690395
Kekek

They're so shit Disney won't even air them on ABC
>>
>>77690230
>Tell me about the characters in Winter Soldier
There's that guy Widow throws off the building while chatting to Steve about dating.
>>
>>77690431
DEEP
>>
>>77690394
>Just wanted revenge

then why did he literally leave the villains in the hands of the poor victims instead of punishing them himself?

>Because it affected his gf

nice goalpost shift

>In WS the bad guys wanted him dead

They didn't start wanting him dead until after he made himself into an obstacle for them.

>>77690395
>masterpieces like JJ and DD
>>
>>77690409
>either English isn't your first language
It isn't.
Captain America is a super soldier
Nick Fury is a super spy
Hill is a super liar.
Hawkman is a super flyer
Pierce is a super secretary
Zola is a super computer
Black Widow is a super slut
Crossbone is super burned.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 320x486px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 320x486px
>Look who's come crawling back.
>Liked the Daredevil and Jessica Jones shows?
>Miss me now, faggots?
>>
>>77690484
I don't even know who you are.
>>
>>77690410
I will actually kick your ass in real life give your address. Fuck you and your ilk that is so illiterate they can't read books for developmentally disabled children
>>
>>77690499

pretty sure it's Kike Peanutter
>>
>>77690513

I prefer the term "handicapped"
>>
>>77690472
>I'm pretending to be retarded
10/10
>>
>>77688336
you're such a child
>>
>>77690140
holy shit what a faggot
>>
Cant resist

JUST FUCK MY MOVIE UP PHAM DANCE OFF RAGNAROCK YOU AND ME!
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 500x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 500x600px
>>77690444
Last weekend:
>DD and JJ aren't in the MCU! It's nothing but kiddy Disney garbage!

Today:
>Implying DD and JJ are good! CBMs should be le quippy silly fun!

Now, this is a Marvel: Civil War I'm actually interested in.
>>
>>77690752
>>DD and JJ aren't in the MCU! It's nothing but kiddy Disney garbage!
I have never seen anyone actually say that.
>>
>>77690752


>>Implying DD and JJ are good! CBMs should be le quippy silly fun!

When did anyone say either of those things.
>>
>>77690513
>can't
Try "don't"

It'd be pretty hard to type out responses if I was illiterate.
>>
>>77690772
>there's no Avengers tower, it's not MCU
You surely have seen that.
>>
>>77687426
Fuck this shit
>>
>>77687457
>I dont want comedy from thor.
I don't mind comedy, so long as it's not overused and is done well. The bickering/teasing of the Warriors Three amongst themselves in the JMS run is a good example.

In fact, I'd be down with Ragnarok having them for comic relief, so long as you get to see them in proper action this time and more than five minutes of screentime.
>>
>>77687426
IT'S OVER!!!! THE MCU IS FINISHED! HAIL SNYDER!
>>
I liked Thor despite its flaws, mostly due to Branagh. Since Ragnarok has a good director attached, I'll give it a chance.

I for one was completely taken by surprise by the quipping and humor in Thor, it greatly enhanced my cinema experience.
>>
File: KICK-Thor608[1].jpg (42KB, 500x346px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
KICK-Thor608[1].jpg
42KB, 500x346px
>>77687817
I'm inclined to agree. There are better Thor stories out there, but the art kept my interest enough to finish out the arc.

>>77687968
I want to see this, then have Volstagg take on Ragnarok like he did in Siege.
>>
>>77690898
Wut?

that statement doen't make any sense no matter what the context might be.
>>
>>77687426
Instead of more quips, how about adding more action and make the Asgardians less pussies?
>>
>>77691376
There was already some good fight in Thor 2. Heimdall was great in it.
>>
>>77687426
This is why Daredevil and Jessica Jones are better than the MCU. They aren't afraid to get serious and scare kiddies.
>>
>>77690174
Man of Steel outgrossed both Thor movies bruh.
>>
>>77690174
Untrue both financially and canonically
In all senses, Supes > Thor
>>
>>77691400
Heimdall was shit and only took down one space ship. He's the Asuka of Thor characters. Hell, the Asgardians main weakness was the deadly magic *gasp* GUNS! None of them showed any incredible fighting skills. Hawkeye and Captain America could kick Asgard's ass. It's like Thor is the only useful one.
>>
>LOKI VS THOR, LE EBIN DANCE OFF XDDDD
THis is the future you chose, /co/.
>>
File: Man-crying[1].jpg (35KB, 599x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Man-crying[1].jpg
35KB, 599x400px
>>77687426
>tfw Thanos will be defeated in a dance off at the end of IW.
>>
>>77691691
>Hell, the Asgardians main weakness was the deadly magic *gasp* GUNS! None of them showed any incredible fighting skills.
The invasion was repelled and many Dark Elves killed in the process. It was in no way one-sided. Hell, technically, it was a defeat for the dark elves, as they failed to accomplish their objective: put their hand on the aether.
>>
>>77687817
>Aaron has always been complete shit on Thor.
Actually, he just ripped off Jurgens' Thor.
>>
>>77691713
Except that's not going to be what happens.
>>
>>77691776
>implying Thanos isn't too tricky for his own good
>>
>>77691776
But who will be dancing against him?
I think it'll be Iron Man or Carol Danvers.
>>
>>77691801
>not wanting to see Loki in a LE EBIN DANCE OFF XDDD
Y u h8 fun??? Downvoted!
>>
>>77691801
Surtur, Loki. Doesn't matter.
>>
File: 1330132689904.png (25KB, 575x687px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1330132689904.png
25KB, 575x687px
>>77691827
>>77691713
>XDDDD
>>
>>77691776
>OOPS I DROPPED THE GAUNTLET
>>
>>77687426
>actor thinks that the movie should be more like gotg
>actor, not director

lmao it's gonna be a quipfest confirmed!!!
>>
File: 1376844159567.jpg (50KB, 480x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1376844159567.jpg
50KB, 480x360px
>>77687426
>more Reddit-tier humor
>>
>>77691911
>Reddit-tier humor
You dont even know what it means.
>>
File: 1344912440836.jpg (42KB, 500x452px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1344912440836.jpg
42KB, 500x452px
>>77691911

got u covered pham
>>
>>77691973
Yeah, I do. They don't call him memerold for nothing.
>>
>>77689526
>>77689510
>>77688067
>Movies with studio and exec meddling
>Iron Man 2
>Thor
>Avengers
>Iron Man 3
>Thor 2
>Age of Ultron

Moives with little meddling
>Iron Man
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Winter Soldier
>Ant-man


How can people think Feige is good?
>>
>>77690147
>1) it's avery common story sturcture that apply to many existing movie outside of the MCU.
Yes. That's why it's generic. It's tried-and-true and easy to write.

Iron Man 2 barely had a coherent plot.
>>
>>77687426
Thor 1 was easily jonah hex tier. Never seen Thor 2 and never plan on it. I couldn't give less of a fuck about MCU Thor if I tried.
>>
>>77690314
It's pretty clear that Cap's jabs are what pushed Tony to pull his heroic sacrifice.

And the Guardians totally learned a lesson in selflesness. It was one big "power of friendship" story.
>>
>>77687426
>Thor
>NEEDS MORE COMEDY
I'm pretty sure this is the opposite of what Thor needs.

He needs more dark moments over comedic ones in his movies.
>>
File: 1364622501645.png (514KB, 427x935px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1364622501645.png
514KB, 427x935px
>>77687426
>what Thor needs is humor
Just fucking kill me.
>>
>yfw Roger Ebert made a book about movies no one should watch and included Thor in it
>>
>>77687855
It's actually the opposite, but Marvel thinks that's the case because they deluded themselves into thinking comedy only comes from quips.
>>
File: image.gif (59KB, 308x450px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.gif
59KB, 308x450px
>>77691896
>lmao it's gonna be a quipfest confirmed!!!

Did you not read the article?

>Of course, Thor: Ragnarok seems to already be heading in this direction, seeing as What We Do In The Shadows director Taika Waititi was tapped to helm the new installment in the franchise.
>Considering how much the first two films experimented, but never really committed to humor, this is merely investing more in an approach that’s been toyed around with before. While we’re not expecting a "Casual Friday" Thor to show up in a Hawaiian shirt, ready to fight those who endanger Asgard, we’ll definitely expect the apocalyptic mayhem the title promises to be tempered with more of Hemsworth’s keen wit.

It's coming. Combined with the fact that the antagonists are going to be Hela and Amora, we're looking at a really fucked up Ragnarok.
>>
File: Donald Blake.jpg (38KB, 681x420px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Donald Blake.jpg
38KB, 681x420px
So that's why we saw this...
>>
>>77693225
>Combined with the fact that the antagonists are going to be Hela and Amora, we're looking at a really fucking hot Ragnarok

fixed bro
>>
>>77688623
>MoS
>"real world"
funny joke anon
>>
>>77693296
>"You could say Ragnarok is... Hel."
>Audience groans.

>Thor, raises his hammer to strike during climactic battle.
>"I don't usually hit women..."
>Audience groans.
>>
>>77689194
WB also has Man of Steel
>>
>>77693454
>Thor, raises his hammer to strike during climactic battle.
>>"I don't usually hit women..."
TRIGGERED.avi.odt.tiff
>>
>>77687426
I never felt like he needed the helmet until that picture.

Look, people want to shit on humor and that's fine, but being stuffy and fighting Hemsworth's natural charm is what has dragged down the last two movies. Well, that and every single scene of Midgard.
>>
>>77687426

Hit your marks and say your lines, Hemsworth; that's what you get paid to do.
>>
>>77693454
You mean they will eat up all the quips and find it hilarious, especially when said by Loki. LOL XD
>>
>>77691776
By Squirrel Girl.
>>
>>77690174
Slowdinson couldn't even hit Superman.
>>
>>77689194
They also have Kekwoman, Kekman and Bovin, Kekman forever, Dark knight Rises, and other "wonderful" movies.
>>
>>77694286
Nice butthurt, bro.
>>
>>77687426

Oh no

Oh no no no no no

GotG worked with Gunn's style BECAUSE IT WAS DIRECTED BY GUNN IN THE FIRST PLACE

TRYING TO APE HIS STYLE IS NOT GOING TO END WELL
>>
>>77690281

Naw.
>>
>>77687946
Nice strawman bitchboy. It's not that people hate levity, it's that these execs are more concerned about comedy than telling a good story.
>>
>>77687426
oh for fuck sake, fuck the fangirls for making Marvel forget Thor was an action character
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 360x433px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 360x433px
Wait, Thor: Ragnarok is going to be directed by Pieface from Green Lantern?
>>
File: 1447971346927.png (125KB, 256x256px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447971346927.png
125KB, 256x256px
>>77691691
>He's the Asuka of Thor characters

So he's best girl?
>>
>>77687426
no. what thor needs is his helmet, and an actual adventure instad of

>magical man comes to earth but he cant fit in xDD
>>
>>77689359
They kept most of that in the extended rogue cut you casual
>>
>>77692696
I'm curious why. Thor's bad but far from "worst movies ever made" tier.
>>
>>77695172

He co-wrote and directed 'What We Do in the Shadows', in my head that alone is a better cv than what the last guy had.

Thor movies just need a decent fucking script and no executive meddling ( the first one had a good director, even if you dislike the movie ), both things we know won't happen.
>>
>>77695626
I wasn't even aware there was another cut of the movie that was accessible. Why would I follow up on a movie that was mediocre in theaters?

We've reached a point now where in order to not be a casual you have to throw out all standards and self respect? You're not a cool guy with tons of nerd cred for getting kicked in the nuts and say "thank you sir may I have another"
>>
>>77697197
>is this buttblasted about being a casual
>>
>>77692365
Iron Man 3 was mostly creator stuff, from what I remember. It's Lethal Weapon with Iron Man in. Though, I liked Iron Man 3, so your point still stands.
>>
>>77690207
>>villain wants power
Ra's didn't want power in Batman Begins?
You really think he wasn't going to be the one calling the shots in Gotham after he burned it down?

>villain does bad things to get power
The entire thing with Bruce's training is that he's not willing to be an executioner for his ideals and Ra's is, because he's evil.

>Hero fights villain to protect loved one
>No
>He is a real hero and would protect anyone
No, and honestly this is the only real flaw with Nolan Bats. He's many things but an altruist isn't one of them. Far too often when he puts on the suit is because of self interest. Take eight years off? Sure. Nothing bad happened in that time. But his mom's jewelry gets pinched and suddenly it's time to get in the cave again.
>>
>>77697248
Coming from you, it's a compliment,
>>
>>77690039
You have shit taste if you don't like the spiritual successor to Lethal Weapon AKA Iron Man 3.
>>
File: Thor redesign.jpg (83KB, 704x633px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Thor redesign.jpg
83KB, 704x633px
>>77687766
>There will never be a gritty Thor series that edges closer to sword & sorcery than sci-fi where Thor looks like this

Why live
>>
>>77697347
Whatever helps you sleep at night, m8.
>>
>>77697390

Don't worry, the Warcraft movie is coming.
>>
>>77687926
I personally found it funny that Gorr's entire reason for hating the gods is probably his own fault. If he hadn't been so busy enslaving and killing the gods they'd never have been too busy to help his people.
>>
>>77687426
>lets fix Thor by making it less Thor
>>
>>77693225
Hela shouldn't be in it, she should be the aftermath. I'd be really happy to see Amora and Executioner though.

I really wanted Surtur and BRB though, that is a proper Ragnarok
>>
I'd be surprised if he's read one Thor comic.

Does this cunt have no shame? The villain in his film is more popular than him and steals every movie.
>>
>>77687836
Doesn't it? Jessica Jones is your usual Marvel style of shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
>>77698250
MFW Warcraft delivers a an actual epic fantasy flick with actual magic in one movie compared to three Thor movies.
>>
File: 1434707609661.png (47KB, 162x218px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1434707609661.png
47KB, 162x218px
>>77698250
And judging from the trailer, it's going to be generic as fuck.

>Orcs retconned as misunderstood but noble savages
>barely any Draenor/Outland
>no demons
>no Twilight's Hammer Clan
>no Knights of the Silver Hand
>no High Elves, Trolls, Goblins or Dwarves
>clichéd plot about Orcs needing territory and being attacked by da meen and raceest Hyoomans!
>>
>>77698693
I wouldn't say it's better but it's definitely different.
>>
File: image.jpg (199KB, 497x650px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
199KB, 497x650px
>>77698764
It's Warcraft 1. Orcs and humans. All that other shit comes in later sequels (in the case of movies, if it gets any).
>>
>>77698693
>Shit
8.8 on IMDB 92% on RT, will win Emmy's

It's one of the best things Marvel ever made
>>
>>77698764
Fuck off to your shitty MMO, they fucked the story up so badly after WC3
>>
>>77695684
>Thor's bad but far from "worst movies ever made" tier.
Nah, it's just as bad. The only reason it did as well as it did was because it came out during the peak of the MCU hype. If it had come out before, it would have been a massive failure. The movie really is a piece of shit.
>>
>>77698842
It looks closer to Warcraft 3. Looks like there are some Orcs possessed by demon blood and other that aren't. Also, in WC3 they had to leave their lands behind cause they were dying, so they took some human lands.
>>
>>77698673
Its odd as some of the other Marvel actors such as Ruffalo, Bettany, Olsen, Stan, Evans seem more keen on going deeper and darker and being bold.

Meanwhile Hemsworth is "lol Thor slapstick". A film with the word Ragnarok in its title...and you make it into a comedy buddy movie.
>>
>>77698894
>lel i dont ker about RT annd other krts they like what i dont like
>>
>>77698657
They might make Hela into an amalgam of Lady Death and Hela and have her be Thanos' BAE.
>>
>>77698764
>Orcs retconned as misunderstood but noble savages
That was in 2001 in the book Lord of the Clans and Warcraft 3, though probably planned a bit earlier than that.

>barely any Draenor/Outland
That we've seen from the trailer. But the only exposure we had to it outside of brief manual backstories was the expansion for the 2nd game; this based on the first.

>no demons
That we've seen in the trailer. Considering we have the Frostwolf Clan being exiled from the Horde, I doubt they would retcon WHY.

>no Twilight's Hammer Clan
Was not in Warcraft 1

>no Knights of the Silver Hand
Wasn't formed until after the first war.

>no High Elves, Trolls, Goblins, or Dwarves
The Alliance and inter-racial Horde wasn't until after the first war AKA the second game.

>cliched plot about Orcs needing territory and being attacked by the mean and racist humans
That's what happened to the Frostwolf Clan. This is the only thing close to a legitimate complaint you've made. While the Frostwolves did exist at that point in the lore, they weren't featured in the early games. I assume they're getting emphasized in the movie to show that they are the exception to the first Horde and that Orcs are not inherently evil. The story is still about the Horde invading Azeroth.
>>
>>77698842
Even so. Orcs in wc1 were ravenous, destructive, demon-worshiping green-skinned monster invaders from another dimension; not these brownish, angsty and "conflicted" noble warriors in search of a new land.

>>77698909
>WoW
none of those things I mentioned came from WoW.
>>
>>77698939
Not even close. Orcs drinking demon blood was what started the first war, and their homeworld was long gone by WC3; the Orc campaign in that game was about LEAVING the human lands (in the tutorial no less) and founding a new home in Kalimdor, and not because any lands were dying.
>>
>>77699095
The brown skinned noble shamanistic warriors are what the orcs were before their contact with demons. The ones fitting that description in the trailer is the one clan that did not drink the blood of Mannoroth, and were exiled. The first Horde has not been retconned.
>>
File: image.jpg (835KB, 1946x3000px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
835KB, 1946x3000px
>Will be a better dramatic fantasy movie than Ragnarok.

Jesus
>>
>>77692696
He later wrote an article after his review that basically said "I got a lot of hate for calling a shit movie shit. I could have been nicer since everyone is saying the movie is a comic movie and supposed to be shit. I'm sorry for calling this shit movie shit."
>>
>>77699293
is that a hair cape?
>>
>>77699720
People literally do seem to give free passes to super hero movies, so no surprise there.
>>
>>77699720
Allow me to take a single quote out of context
>Why can't the Metal Giant attack the Golden Gate Bridge or scale a Trump Tower somewhere?

Bravo Roger
>>
>>77699293
>Egyptian mythology
>mecha suits
>heroes journey
Seems pretty cool honestly. But everyone so fucking obsessed with films being artistic masterpieces these days that it's probably gonna fail.
>>
>>77687576
>whor
Why u think they invented her nigga
>>
>>77687426
>We’ve done regal. We’ve done Shakespeare
>>
>>77687457
I wouldn't mind if the only comedy in the movie was bickering between everyone and Loki
>>
>>77687426
Ragnarok confirmed for shit?
>>
>>77687426
Hemsworth is right, Thor 1 was down to Earth, had low stakes, and was all about personality of it's characters.

Thor 2 was a miserable, boring white noise shitfest that thought it was 'epic'
>>
>>77688619
Implying marvel drones know of the best space Jesus.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 786x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.png
1MB, 786x1080px
>Fiege says Ragnarok will have huge ramifications on the rest of the MCU.
>Thanos leans forward on his chair.
>>
>>77701064
That's not a surprise after the last two Thor movies.
>>
>>77701186
Thanos purses his lips. You can tell his butt clenches by the grating noise as his glutes against his stone throne stone.
>>
>>77690410
>movies, cartoons, live action shows, and video games
So you know nothing about aquaman. Why exactly did you make a post using an example that you have literally never read about?

Aquaman would do wonderfully in grimdark. He is a fucking badass.
>>
>>77690281
>Thor 2 toatl: 644 Mil

>MOM total: 668 mill

That's not "shiting all over" anon
>>
>>77690281
I see DC's flagship movie barely beating out the worst movie in the entire MCU.
>>