[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jessica Jones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 258
Thread images: 21

File: Jessica-Jones.jpg (160KB, 1200x674px) Image search: [Google]
Jessica-Jones.jpg
160KB, 1200x674px
Just finished - godamn I was expecting so much more. The finale was literally the same setup as the previous 5 times they confronted each other and I was falling asleep by the time it ended. The dumbfuckery of how easy it is to catch killgrave, yet how many times they screwed it up or let him go so that 20+ people could be murdered was just mind blowing. Jessica Jones is literally the shitiest hero I have ever seen, they should have just let Simpson handle it. The entire problem would have been over with even before he decided to roid out over it.

The fact that jessica was immune to being killed by the purple man for the first 3/4 of the show really killed it for me too. Basically it was 10 episodes of someone with what could be an insanely interesting power, fucking around and dancing in circles around jessica while achieving nothing noteworthy or significant. Like for real? Literally anyone with earplugs could kill this guy and instead she just lets people die all around her. Also, Luke Cage had chinese eyes.
>>
>>77682267
>they should have just let Simpson handle it

Maybe if he didn't literally try killing everyone he knows besides Kilgrave first.
>>
Jessica Jones made Daredevil look like shit.
>>
>>77682306
>Jessica Jones made Daredevil look like shit.
>made Daredevil look
>Daredevil
>look
>>
>>77682267
>Trinity's fault
>>
>>77682281
He only went batshit crazy after everyone else stopped him from solving the problem multiple times. I don't blame him.
>>
>>77682267
Daredevil major pros:
>incredible acting from most of the cast, especially Fisk and Matt
>beautiful opening music and visuals
>fantastic use of visual cinematography
>great action scenes with tension and actual lasting effects on characters
>multi-layered villainous plot and story arcs woven together well
>side characters are actually useful for morale as well as assisting the plot's advancement and creating a good mood
>hero has great background and moral backbone, his very first act in the very first scene is heroism
>villain and hero are good parallels of the concepts of strength and power
>so many true bros; Matt's dad, Matt's dad's bookie, Foggy, Wesley, Vlad, Urich

Jessica Jones major pros:
>Tennant plays a good Kilgrave and manages to be repulsively intruiging
>the opening visuals are pretty cool even if they don't match the tone of the series whatsoever
>>
>>77682408
>beautiful opening music and visuals

If there's one common thing between JJ and DD it's that the opening credits are both dull and uninspired.
>>
>>77682408

Really? You've got that few pros for JJ?
>>
>>77682408
The visual style outside the show is definitely the best part of JJ
>>
>>77682408
Jessica Jones was SAVED by its cinematography. There were so many scenes that could've been ABC/CW-tier that held interest at all because some knew how to shoot it.
>>
>>77682267
>Luke Cage had chinese eyes.
He probably has some native american in his blood. His eyes were nice looking.
>>
>man on woman abuse
>THIS IS SERIOUS AND YOU RUINED MY LIFE KILGRAVE

>woman on man abuse
>haha so funny. oh it's only sad because she becomes an emotional wreck after losing her punching bag
>>
>>77682453

It's less overtly flashy then DD's style, so people don't praise it as much.
>>
>>77682470
Don't start this shit.

It's a tv show, bruh.
>>
>>77682408
Daredevil's opening was pretty ehhh imo. JJ's was good.

Also Jessica Jones had the incest twins, who I thought were genuinely really good characters. I actually got a big choked up when Robin was first looking for Reuben.

Nuke was... alright. He had his moments. He was so close to being a good character, but just, the writing wasn't quite there to support a character that unorthodox.

Other than that I'd agree.
>>
I enjoyed it, aside from some slight annoyances. I don't like how it ended. It seemed rushed. That final battle was mad anti-climatic.
>>
>>77682470
>can'tintocausality.png
>>
File: ya blew it.jpg (56KB, 250x312px) Image search: [Google]
ya blew it.jpg
56KB, 250x312px
>>77682408
>leaving out the priest
>>
>>77682503
>incest twins, who I thought were genuinely really good characters

Seriously?
>>
Does Dare Devil appear in Jennifer Jones?
>>
>>77682557
Nno.
>>
>>77682503
>the incest twins
>the girl is literally female Theon Greyjoy
Go ahead. Try to unsee it.
>>
>>77682448
The cast was mostly uninteresting, unlikable, or unreasonable. The plot was quite bare bones with moments of interest drowned out by incessant "sideplots" whose payoffs were either predictable or contrived. The editing had unnecessary flashbacks and exposition that ruined subtlety and nuance. The Nuke twist felt out of left field to just add a wildcard element in the final third that was unnecessary.

Everything revolves around the one villain and an exploration of his powers, which normally should be fine,
if his powers weren't a shade of the same mindfuckery we've already seen 3 times in the MCU. I understand, with Kilgrave literally anyone could be whammied, but when they have no choice and no limit to what they can do, it only adds depravity to Kilgrave, who hit the moral threshold of absolute monsterdom pretty quickly, whereas with Fisk, his enterprises tendrils branched out in the shadows and the light, so it was difficult to tell who you could trust and it added layers of gray with public servants being so conniving and cruel. Fisk was legitimately manipulative, Kilgrave is supernaturally compelling. At the end of the day, the "net evil" in the antagonism department for JJ was mostly Kilgrave with shades from Jess, Hogarth, and Nuke. In DD every antagonist was gray and the heroes were gray but still admirable in it, not depraved like JJ. DD made a devil hero seem like the best outcome for Hell's Kitchen.

And the main character of JJ is a major bitch who is not only aware of it but also too complacent to change.

>>77682527
Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned...
>>
>>77682267
>let him go

Name a single time they let Kilgrave go.
>>
>>77682267
>it's even better and darker than Daredevil!
>implied incest, interracial fucking and lesbians
>better and darker
SOME of the stuff with Kilgrave really went dark but after so many children movies a little bit of edge will impress the MCU casuals

not falling for Marvel's godly pr again fuck them
>>
>>77682607
>Kilgrave
>ever dark
Talk about easily impressionable
>>
>>77682579
>just add a wildcard element
What is season 2?
>>
>>77682639

>raping women and forcing people to brutalize each other

>not dark
>>
>>77682576
I thought she looked more like human Pepe
>>
>>77682675
>forcing people to eat their own intestines
>not dark
Oh wait, Dream Child is pretty much a comedy.
Kilgrave is one of the blandest and least threatening villains I've seen in any TV show. Dodd from Fargo somehow manages to be more menacing.
>>
>>77682267
The way Kilgrave died was stupid. I feel like a guy like Kilgrave would want to make sure Jessica was under his control again before he let his guard down. Why didn't he tell her to do something he knew she wouldn't do if she wasn't under his control? Kill one of the people behind her. Scared that'll cause her to be immune again? Stab herself in the leg. Something.
>>
File: 1438972543266[1].png (435KB, 407x586px) Image search: [Google]
1438972543266[1].png
435KB, 407x586px
>>77682685
>>
File: theon-greyjoy-3[1].jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
theon-greyjoy-3[1].jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>>77682741
>>
>>77682579
I enjoyed it, but yeah it was kind of meh. The pacing was way too slow. JJ was just 100% either rage or sarcasm the entire season minus the rare sprinkles of sad.
Not sure how they could make Cage a boring character too. He was way harder/rougher in the comics, not sure if it's just the actor or the PG-13 writing.
>>
File: 1403816949832.png (210KB, 472x459px) Image search: [Google]
1403816949832.png
210KB, 472x459px
>>77682741
>>77682749
>>
>>77682721
He thought he had because the idea of standing idly by while he "desecrates" something precious to Jessica was unthinkable.
>>
>>77682767
Still doesn't seem like a big enough test. If I was dealing with a superpowered chick who wanted me dead I'd be as careful as I could.
>>
>>77682579
>In DD every antagonist was gray

Not really. I mean, on paper Fisk might have been gray thinking that he had to do some bad things to achieve good, but only because he was delusional enough to think that his little real estate pet project was somehow going to balance flooding the streets with corrupt cops, killing innocent old people so he could buy off land, endorse human trafficking...
>>
So she killed Luke's wife so she could fuck him?
>>
>>77682664
Source? I cant see them doing it. Only thing left for her character to do is be in Luke Cage's show and get pregnant. Nuke is better off in DD
>>
>>77682267
This show is aimed at women (and manchildren, but they'll eat up everything with superhero/companyname label on it), faм. They don't care about stupid shit like supervillains, continuity, action, etc.
>>
>>77682885
>and manchildren
Do you realize what board you're on?
>>
>>77682826
She killed Luke's wife and because of the guilt she fucked him.
>>
>>77682848
I think Season 2 is coming. They have a DD season 2 already lined up, you think they're not going to cash in on JJ.
>>
>>77682267
>>Let Simpson kill Kilgrave
Fuck, are you dense? They were trying to free Hope. That was the whole fucking point of NOT killing him.
>>
>>77682885
>This show is aimed at women (and manchildren, but they'll eat up everything with superhero/companyname label on it), faм. They don't care about stupid shit like supervillains, continuity, action, etc.

I think they do. I think Killgrave was an attempt at an gray area super villain. He wasn't very scary, but in a sense he was a super villain. Just a really down to Earth one. He didn't seem evil for no reason, he was just fucked up.
>>
>>77682928
And lo and fucking behold, all of that was meaningless and caused a stupid amount of deaths. Simpson was right the entire time. He should have ignored Jessica and plugged Kilgrave with a real bullet instead of a dart like he wanted.
>>
>>77682597
Planting a bomb under his house, then not detonating and proceeding to tell him about it. Dart gunning him instead of shooting him or killing him in the van. Tying him up in her apartment, then waiting for the retard mob to knock her out and free him. Oh, and literally every time Jessica was within three meters of him throughout the entire series.
>>
>>77682928
>They were trying to free Hope
Look, saving innocent people is important. But every single day Kilgrave is alive he is affecting and using more innocent people. At a certain point, you have to cut your losses.
>>
>>77682741
>My brother loved this picture almost as much as he loved banana bread.
>>
Episode 8 was fucking GOAT.
>>
>>77682956
>And lo and fucking behold, all of that was meaningless and caused a stupid amount of deaths.

Of course from a viewer perspective you can say this. But saving Hope (Who Jessica viewed as the epitome of her innocence being stolen by Kilgrave) was more than a good reason to keep him alive. Even Hope seen that it was pointless though and she wanted him dead. She was tired of fighting so she took the ultimate sacrifice. Which finally push Jessica to kill Kilgrave. Everyone else dying really had no impact on Jessica (Or at least to the extent Hope did), so she still believed in justice.
>>
>>77682928
Exactly why the show is so retarded. After 5 more people die because you didn't kill him, it's pretty obvious that stopping him is more important. Jessica a shit.
>>
>>77682460
Shut up, Bendis.
>>
>>77683000
So basically you are saying.... Jessica has no empathy for anyone who died and is a total piece of shit?
>>
>>77682971
Other than the bomb, which would have killed innocent people, it's easy to say those were bad plans in retrospect (or knowing that the series is 13 episodes long). I'm sure if Jessica knew Hope was going to end up killing herself, she would have iced Kilgrave ASAP, but those plans were only foiled because of unanticipated fuckery.
>>
>>77682937
He's a serial murderer/rapist with British accent, it's 9/10 on the vileness scale. 10/10 would be a Hitler's clone.
>>
>>77683000
Even before Hope died I agreed with Simpson. Jessica was acting out of guilt and not out of reason. Such a person should not be calling the shots regardless of how powerful she may be. Kilgrave was INSANELY dangerous. With his powerset, he could be wreaking much more havoc in the MCU than what we are shown in the series. Simpson, as delusional as he became, saw this crystal clearly. Hope herself wanted him dead even at the expense of her own life.
>>
>>77683000
Jessica didn't even fucking know how to use Kilgrave to prove Hope was innocent, even after they finally captured him she was clueless and her strategy was to torture the confession out of him until she by accident found his parents
>>
>>77682267
>so much more
kek.
https://youtu.be/9R8MFD8dszI
>>
File: Hannibal_mikkelsen.png (153KB, 388x405px) Image search: [Google]
Hannibal_mikkelsen.png
153KB, 388x405px
>>77683032
7 at best.
9 would be pic related.
>>
>>77683009
>>77683021
It's not like she just let them die. She stopped or tried to stop people from dying whenever she could. Hell, she saved that family by manipulating Kilgrave into doing the right thing. It's not like she was callous about it, but Hope held a symbolic importance to her.
>>
>>77683033
>I agreed with Simpson
>I agreed
>I
And?
>>
>>77682994

Just like the Stick episode on DD. Apparently what the Netflix are going for is one GOAT episode around halfway through and the rest is meandering, anticlimactic waste of time.
>>
>>77683052
You can't really blame people for not seeing it. He and Jake are the only two members of the main cast who aren't fucking children.
>>
>>77683073
And Jessica was wrong. About everything.
>>
>>77683067
>but Hope held a symbolic importance to her.

Which just kept getting people repeatedly killed in the process.
>>
>>77683033
I still don't see why they had Simpson shoot that cop.

Simpson was getting rid of people who were getting in the way of him killing Kilgrave, but the cop already gave him the information he needed. He was just like "okay, thanks" and then shot him anyway. And then burned the evidence because ???????

If he's just gonna go shoot Kilgrave anyway, it shouldn't really have mattered to him if evidence of Kilgrave's crimes existed or not. And the guy leaves zero paper trail, he just invites himself into complete strangers' homes when he needs to lay low somewhere, so it's not like the police could've tracked him down if he actually wanted to stay in hiding.
>>
>>77683119
>I still don't see why they had Simpson shoot that cop

Yeah, that scene makes zero sense in context. I can only assume it was shoehorned in to show he had finally turned heel.
>>
>>77683119

They just needed a hamfisted way to make him evil. But basically it was because the cop was going to make Kilgrave public, which had the minimal risk of him being caught and tried and Simpson was already going kekoo so he just accelerated the guy's retirement plan..
>>
>>77683021
No. She saved multiple lives and she thought she could save another one, who was to some extent just like her, but she couldn't have known he would go this far or at least she thought she could stop him when he went too far.

She didn't want hope to give up, because Hope was a symbol to her. A symbol of innocence.

>>77683033
>Even before Hope died I agreed with Simpson.

Well of course you did. We all did, because we were staring at it from outside eyes. We know how bad guys work.

>Jessica was acting out of guilt and not out of reason.

She was also acting out of empathy and she knew the bad guy better than anyone else in the show. This is why so many people put their faith in her, but we constantly see that faith diminish over time.

>With his powerset, he could be wreaking much more havoc in the MCU than what we are shown in the series.

But all of this was noided with Jessica. She was the only one not effected by it, which is why everyone put their life in her hands.

>Hope herself wanted him dead even at the expense of her own life.

But Jessica valued Hope. that's the entire ordeal. Hope was Jessica at one point and time. This is why she wanted to save her. Hope couldn't see this. Hope didn't believe she could be saved, and for the most part she was right. But Jessica is still only human and held on to that attachment. It was only with that attachment gone, Jessica could take that final step. Hell, even Kilgrave knew Jessica was only holding on to him, because of Hope.
>>
>>77683119
It was a racial thing
>>
What would putting chopped off limbs in the blender accomplish? Want to make your father suffer, Kilgrave? Fine, have your minions pour salt on the wounds. Would at least make some sense.
This is just unnecessary edgy.
>>
>>77682267
>Just finished - godamn I was expecting so much more.

Did you read Alias?
>>
File: Commissioner_Gordon.png (394KB, 543x480px) Image search: [Google]
Commissioner_Gordon.png
394KB, 543x480px
Nice to see someone properly dealing with their mass-murdering psychopath of a nemesis.

Unlike SOME so-called "heroes" I know.
>>
>>77683179
Gotta wipe all trace of dad off the face of the earth.
>>
>>77683169
>Simpson profiles Malcolm as a creep following Jessica under Kilgrave's orders

Is 100% correct

Has there ever been a character more right in all of fiction than Simpson?
>>
>>77682267
The thing about Kilgrave is...how smart do you have to be, when all you have to do is tell people what you want?

Kilgrave is pure id, he never had to adapt to other people, never had to compromise, or accept limitations. In his experience, he is the centre of the universe, when in reality, he's a childish, petty little weasel.

So, yes, confronting Kilgrave is easy, because we're not dealing with a very smart man. Just a fascinating one.
>>
>>77683169
Now I imagine Nuke trying to not sound racist
>you're kind of a nig-- I mean, you're kind of a legend
>>
>>77683195
But he was a prick. Even before the pill stuff.
>>
File: 703.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
703.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>77683156
>Mfw reading you say Hope all these times and putting it together with "Hope was a symbol"
>Mfw it took me this long to figure out the whole reason the named her "Hope" was because she was a symbol of Jessica's "hope"
>Hope died
>Jessica's hope died
>Next season will be more gritty, hard-hitting, and darker
>And not because Luke Cage is in it
>>
>>77683179
>What would putting chopped off limbs in the blender accomplish?

Kilgrave told the gay couple to get rid of the body and then kill themselves. I guess the idea was that the guy was so stupid he couldn't think of any other way of disposing a body than jamming it to a blender. Yuppies,amirite?
>>
>>77682971

You're an idiot: a ballad in four parts.

>Planting a bomb under his house, then not detonating and proceeding to tell him about it.
Innocent people and Jessica caught in the blast.

>Dart gunning him instead of shooting him or killing him in the van.
Taking him down before he could make innocents his hostages and needing him for Hope. Plus, they didn't let him do anything, they got rolled by mercenaries.

>Tying him up in her apartment, then waiting for the retard mob to knock her out and free him
Finally had him for Hope. Didn't know the survivors were coming after her, she wasn't "waiting" for anything.

>Oh, and literally every time Jessica was within three meters of him throughout the entire series.
With nothing inhibiting her, we see the exact outcome of a remorseless mind controller against super strength, she just snaps his neck. All other times she needed him alive.
>>
>>77682956
BECAUSE OF HOGARTH, FAGGOT
>>
>>77683198
Kilgrave is no mere simp. He had some pretty clever uses of his power, and he knew to lay low despite how powerful he was. He even knew when to solve situations without his powers like hiring the security team.
>>
>>77683042
the toppest of keks
>>
>>77682267
She's a Bendis character

Bendis is shit, /co/ will tell you the same.
>>
>>77682408
Actually, the power struggles between characters, the way characters have to deal with people they have no defenses against (Jessica/Kilgrave, Trish/her mother, abusive or otherwise) is very interesting, and should not be overlooked at all.
>>
>>77682306
In the sense that both are shit, that is true.
>>
>>77683033
>Simpson, as delusional as he became, saw this crystal clearly.

Yes, and he continuously shot his own message in the head with how irrational and creepy he was being. They couldn't trust him, so he had no sway.
>>
>>77683218

Jerri getting no real comeuppance aside from few scars was just weird, especially when Jessica had to give her a pep talk to stay in her law firm. So, the moral of the story is: being a cold blooded bitch lesbian means that even if you take few blows, you come up as a survivor in the end?
>>
>>77683218
>The boy twin died because of Hogarth
>The neighbor who alahu akbar'd herself and all the soldiers she took out died because of Hogarth
>>
My biggest gripe is that Jessica is just randomly immune to Kilgrave.
>>
>>77683245
Which is why he should have just shot Kilgrave of his own accord instead of darting him like he wanted. Access to Trish's pussy was the real villain of this story.
>>
>>77682741

I would totally hit that, crazy and all
>>
>>77683249
Oh, and the guy who presumably died at the poker game from putting his head through a column, but I'm pretty sure he was a gangster anyways.
>>
>>77683264
You gotta rewatch the show bro. She wasn't randomly immune, she was pushed to such an extremity, something that was so far out of her character, that his abilities failed to work on her anymore. The father actually thought it was some dna or genetic shit, but his "cure" didn't work. This is why it's safe to assume it was a psychological thing.
>>
>>77683036
Which actually would have worked, and possibly justified not killing Kilgrave if Simpson hadn't killed the cop that saw the whole thing, and could have testified as to Kilgrave's powers to help Hope get acquitted.
>>
>>77683264

Not just that, but it just randomly happens in the flashback from early on. Rather than building it up as anything significant, like symbollic way of triumph where she's breaking free from being his victim, you just got "ha ha she was immune the whole time, you silly buggers!"
>>
>>77683247

Her pretty young thing had washed her hands of her, though. Plus, after playing with fire and getting immolated, she's probably a lot more humble. We just won't get to see it for a while.
>>
>>77683212
>the father on the floor bleeding out with both arms missing
>it's just a flesh wound
>someone please find that scene and shoop him as the black knight
>>
>>77683247
Dying alone is supposed to be her comeuppance. She had someone who loved her enough to kill for her, and she threw that person to the wolves. Any relationships she has in the future if any will probably end in the same way. She gets no happy ending.
>>
>>77683264
>>77683289

The holds Kilgrave has on people is arbitrary. Jessica is kept for months and then, upon killing someone, gains immunity. His mom and others are told to kill themselves and they do it without a second's hesitation. Trish is basically hysterical trying to put a bullet in her head. And then Kilgrave's dad is only somewhat distracted by his ONLY DESIRED COMMAND while helping concoct a cure.

So everyone else was psychologically cool with killing others and themselves, but Jessica was completely against murder...until she wasn't?
>>
>>77683212
>I guess the idea was that the guy was so stupid he couldn't think of any other way of disposing a body than jamming it to a blender.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbage_disposal_unit
>>
>>77683298
>>77683289

People said she had a low-grade healing factor. And with Kilgrave's powers being a virus, months of continual exposure to it is probably what led to her being immune.
>>
>>77683311

Oh please, she's a super pragmatic person, they keep harping about that repeatedly on thr show. She's just going to find a new, young girl-toy to fuck and be happy with that as long as it's amusing her, then dump her and find a new one.
>>
This is not a show about a hero.
This is a show about a group of fractured people, each with their own flaws, and the tragedies that arise from the mistakes they all make.
>>
>>77683314
See>>77683322

healing factor.
>>
>>77683217
Yeah she literally Superman'd him
>>
>>77683322

It's still very weak way to resolve the issue of how to defeat Kilgrave.
>>
>>77683342
There was no way to defeat Kilgrave. That's what everyone were trying to get through to Jessica.
>>
>>77683220
I'm not calling him completely brain-addled. Just of average intellect. And don't forget, he had well over a year to prepare for Jessica, knowing she was immune to his powers, at which point "hiring a security team" seems just about the bare minimum he could come up with to prepare.
>>
>>77683322
>>77683335
Mere speculation. Nice headcanon, but that's all it is.

Would've been nice to see a throwaway line from a medical professional, like I dunno, in the last episode. Fucking Claire. It's so simple.

>Kilgrave, he...he's like a virus. There's no better word for it. He gets into your head and you're done. How do you even fight a virus when it's a person...
>...You fight it. When your body is exposed to a virus, it learns how to fight it so it can't affect you anymore.
Then have Jessica have a eureka face and touch her leg wound which is now almost fully healed for visual demonstration. It'd be a much needed Step C in an A through E setup of plot elements.
>>
>>77683354
literally any time she injected him and knocked him out, just stab him in the throat.

Killing Killgrave is pretty easy, but they were trying to get him alive, so they could prove his existence, and clear up all the murders.
>>
>>77683356
"He's going to have contingencies", which he often does, but what he says in Jessica's apartment, that dozens of people on the block would kill themselves the moment he dies, that's something you keep with you at all fucking times. At the finale his only armed guards are the police inside. Nobody outside, just the army of scapegoats. No professionals for defense, just a distraction. The moment Jessica grabs Kilgrave's head, he looks at them and they open fire on her. That's the kind of setup that anyone as calculated as Kilgrave is supposed to be would be.
>>
>>77682807
>>77682579

I think Fisk just said that 'doing some good' stuff to try to get laid.
>>
>>77683388
Nah, he genuinely was dedicated to it completely until Vanessa distracted him, all his associates noticed. Wesley was just the only one bro enough to hook them up for their best interests.
>>
>>77683354

I mean in the end when she finally snaps his neck. The immunity thing made the whole ending weak as hell. It's suppose to be a giant climax and instead it's just her playing pretend while Kilgrave's mouthing off and then snap. Anti-climactic as fuck. There was no struggle in the entire ending, it was just playing tag until she finally could nab him at close range.
>>
>>77683185
It's not that you can't kill Joker after Batman drops him in front of GCPD, Gordon.
>>
Jessica herself suggested that it was the shock of killing Reva that shook her loose from his control. She doesn't really know, but it's the only direct suggestion the show gives.

Also, I know it's not the same universe, but Kilgrave's comic incarnations have been resisted by individuals with very strong willpower (Doom and Kingpin), so there's already precedent for something like that to have happened with MCU Jessica.

Plus, there's the whole thing with Albert's vaccine being a failure. That alone leads me to believe that her resistance to Kilgrave's control has nothing to do with her immune system.
>>
>>77682267
>Just finished - godamn I was expecting so much more
...why?
It's Jessica fucking Jones. No one has ever cared about her. It's not like Daredevil should have raised your expectations.
>>
>>77683406
>until she finally could nab him at close range.
And she STILL risked the chance that the commands stay present post-mortem by not killing him IMMEDIATELY after he commands them to stop. She let him tonguefuck her mouthpussy when she could've killed him.
>>
Maybe Jessica's immunity being this ambiguous was part of the story?

Jessica thought her immunity was psychological. Daddy Kilgrave thought it was physical. If it wasn't ambiguous, there would be no twist. Either Daddy's inoculation works, or not. But because it is ambiguous, the inoculation might work...until it turns out, it doesn't. But is that because the procedure was rushed, or because Jessica's emotional trauma cannot be replicated?

Or maybe it's the fact that both Kilgrave and Jessica were exposed to Inhuman Growth Hormone, as was Luke, and that, given enough time, Luke would have escaped Kilgrave's hold as well?
>>
>>77683442
Her sister's mouthpussy**, sorry.
>>
>>77683419
>Doom
>Kingpin

Total villain sues.
>>
>>77683406
It really should've ended with the city going into a riot and a final stand off. But i'm sure they couldn't have done that because it would've conflicted with other stories and shit.

I wanted Kilgrave to have like some badass mercenaries or some shit in control and have some huge boss fight. Or they should've saved that Luke Cage fight for the ending. That was pretty fun.
>>
>>77683446
>Maybe a major plot point is intentionally muddily written
Occam's Razor mate.
>>
>>77683467
What of it?
>>
>>77683446
>Inhuman Growth Hormone

Where did you pull this name from?
>>
>>77683021
yes. Did you miss how after hope died she started admitting that she's an asshole and went around telling everyone?
>>
>>77683484
IGH, combined with the fact that Inhumans replace mutants in the MCU.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Mutant_Growth_Hormone
>>
One thing that bugged me was the weird camera cuts whenever Jessica was using her strength for anything other than breaking and entering. I know the point of the series is not to show off nice special effects for the super powers, but it really felt like they didn't even try.
>>
>>77683331
this post is correct.
I see people trying to glean a supposed moral message the show tried to convey.
But they aren't considering the possibility that the show wasn't trying to give a moral lesson at the end.
>>
>>77683521
Fuck a moral lesson, give me someone that I can like for legitimate reasons. Everyone's a prick, everyone's selfish, and everyone's retarded.
>>
>>77682503
>incest twins
>anything but awful
A major plot development hinges on that redhead cartoon character spreading her retardation.
>>
>>77683548
>Everyone's a prick, everyone's selfish, and everyone's retarded.

Clemons was 100% onboard towards the end. And Hope taking herself out of the equation was quite literally the ultimate sacrifice.
>>
>>77683460
I agree with this.
>>
>>77683597
>Hope taking herself out of the equation was quite literally the ultimate sacrifice.
It was also quite literally unnecessary, since after he'd run away you just need to detox her and ship her out so she couldn't then be used against you. And suicide is not a likable character trait. Her entire character was pure "victim", which doesn't get the easy sympathy points from me when there was NOTHING ELSE TO HER.
>>
>>77683548
You remind me of something I picked up on while watching the show: It feels like a british series. It's not American, with a hero character you can root for. It's like Luther, with a protagonist, and an antagonist, but none of them are heroes, or even likable.

Which I think is fine. Which I think is a great addition to the MCU, and fits perfectly on Netflix, and would be very hard to pull off on another network.

But your complaint is that it's not what you expect it to be, which is hardly a valid complaint. Judge it on what it aims to be, not on what you want it to be.
>>
>>77683611
...you really don't get it, do you?

She takes herself out to allow Jessica to kill Kilgrave. She knows, unlike you apparently, that her being alive is the only thing that prevents Jessica from killing Kilgrave. She knows that as long as she is alive, Kilgrave only needs to whisper a word to undo her being set free, and that's how he keeps a hold over Jessica. By killing herself, Hope sets Jessica free.

Also, it's her own decision. All through the story, she has been a victim, being thrown around by Kilgrave, Jessica and Jerry, but when she kills herself, it's Hope who acts, on her own authority, with her own agency, without being forced or manipulated by anyone else. In that sacrifice, she ascends from just being a victim, to an agent in her own right.
>>
>>77683612

Trouble is, characters like Luther are compelling and likable despite doing questionable, sometimes even stupid shit. Jessica is neither, she's just annoying after awhile and you don't really give a shit about her saving the day. If anything, you start to root for Kilgrave just so you could see him be a magnificent dick some more.
>>
>>77683666
>she ascends from just being a victim, to an agent in her own right.

Such a nice sentiment, but the fact remains Hope was incredibly annoying reason to not deal with Kilgrave permanently until the end.
>>
>>77683667
>Luther
>likable
Not after letting the redhead bitch live.
>>
>>77683667
Honestly, I'm more annoyed by Luther as a character than Jessica. I'm not saying you're wrong, but what you're describing is a personal experience, not an objective one.

I do agree on Kilgrave, though. I believe a big part of why they cast Tennant is because of his immense charm. Kilgrave's a creep, but he's so damn charming that you're drawn to him nonetheless.
>>
>>77683611
>It was also quite literally unnecessary,

Did you WATCH the show? Jessica had tons of opportunities to snuff Kilgrave and only didn't because she wanted to save Hope. Hope knew this. Hope wanted Kilgrave dead. Jessica's obsession with redeeming her was getting in the way of fixing the issue. So she took care of it. Hope had balls the size of Texas.
>>
>>77683612
I am judging it on what it is. And what it is was not entertaining, not fun, and not involving. I need something to care about these characters. My preferences in stories goes worldbuilding, then plot, then characters. There was very minimal of the former two as it is but you still need characters that are compelling or likable to be entertaining. I didn't give a shit about any of them. That makes giving a shit about what happens to them moot. Any time someone got hurt, I didn't care. Any time someone got the upper hand, I didn't care. In Daredevil, I cringed whenever Matt got the shit beat out of him, and fistpumped when he turned the tables. DD just had more nuance and meat to it, more substance. JJ was not interesting, not compelling, and not substantial.

>>77683666
>>77683763
>...you really don't get it, do you?
No, I get it, but getting her safe and THEN killing Kilgrave would be the easiest solution. Kilgrave got out of dodge without a second glance at Hope, if she had just waited for him to escape and then hide away herself, then Jessica could kill Kilgrave no remorse. I'm not denying the balls it takes to kill yourself to beat another villain, but it was unnecessary if she could just be fucking safe.
>>
>PEOPLE DON'T REALIZE KILGRAVE IS JESSICA JONES JOKER WITH THE TOON PLOT ARMOR
>>
>>77683788
>I need
>My preference
>I
>I
>I
>>
I still don't know how I felt about JJ, it felt like it was sloppily thrown together. I mean how did Reva get the usb drive of kilgrave begins? How did Kilgrave find out she had it?
>>
>>77683954
Clearly, anything related to IGH will be dealt with in Luke Cage's show, including Reva's involvement.
>>
File: 1428052792101.gif (455KB, 471x262px) Image search: [Google]
1428052792101.gif
455KB, 471x262px
>>77683372
I know it would never fly, but if Jessica wasn't so damn shitty she'd notice he had to talk to command people. Depending on how dark the show wanted to go they could've just ballgagged KillGrave, broke his jaw (baseball bat out of the blue or beanbag round), or my personal choice, ice pick and hammer lobotomy right above the eye (seriously that's what they used to do, and all they did) and remove all his higher functions.

They could of come at killgrave wearing noise cancelling headphones or a chemproof suit, dress it up like an iron man cosplay. I know the goal wasn't to kill him but there were multiple ways to defeat and contain him.

The Junkie even implored Jessica to go the talk group to see if she can find out a weakness. Turns out the only weakness is that Jessica, while a *good person* is awful at thinking, low skilled, terrible at human interaction, and has the stunted emotional trauma of a pathetic teenage girl (seriously afraid of cars so you wont drive, get over it happened over 10 years ago).

So instead of exploring, overcoming or challenging any of her flaws and weakness we just see her be a shitty person with good intentions insulting people and screaming for a whole season, with literally no character development other than, a more full sense of her broken and worthless self pity. She isn't a character, she is a caricature of failure and failure to learn from defeat. If only killgrave could compel the show to be better. They could of taken directly from Ghost in the Shell Smiling Man if they wanted a solid plot base around someone able to control others and operate through proxies (which again killgrave barely did).

Basicly I think /co/ could write a more compelling and interesting situation in the course of one thread then the writers did all season, they had good camera work that was it.

Even DareDevil could see its flaws...
>>
File: 1446323657395.jpg (92KB, 540x567px) Image search: [Google]
1446323657395.jpg
92KB, 540x567px
>>77683406
Killgrave said he can't directly alter memories in the police station, I wonder though if could make Jessica believe she killed him when he in fact just escaped with her killing only an what she *felt* was real.
>>
>>77683247
>gets fucking cut like 50 times
>former love of her life is dead
>current love of her life is in prison and hates her
>is alone with the guilt of it all happening because of her cuntishness.

Kilgrave got a better deal.
>>
>>77683446
IGH was a front company and it doesn't even make sense as a concept.

The real question is who were they working for? HYDRA or SHIELD?
>>
on an unrelated note from OP, is it fair to say Jessica Jones' Kilgrave has changed the way a lot of people think about mind control?

Most of the time when people talk about powers, mind control would fall under the broad spectrum of telepathy and usually it wouldn't be one of the first things people mention when they discuss telepathy.

Usually people talk about mind reading and the such, and therefore whenever you hear a "what power would you like to have" discussion even when telepathy is mentioned, people almost never discussed actual mind control

the few times they did, I think it was usually viewed as a very active power that requires great focus (even Charlies Xavier has to concentrate when mind controlling, and when he does so, it's like driving a vehicle..something that is done manually, actively, and requires a constant link)

With Kilgrave it was an entirely different type of mind control that people rarely discuss (not brand new..but almost never used in writing) and that is a passive mind control, one that does not require a constant link. So he can simply give you one command and walk away.

JJ showcased how incredibly OP this particular style of mind control, as it essentially turns anyone you get near into your own personal zombie slave. Even those who have other superpowers.

Really awesome. Actually made me rethink my answer to the age old "if you could have a superpower..." question

my previous answer was dr.manhattan style ability to make copies of myself while experiencing each copies experience without losing out focus

but now... simply having kilgrave's ability might be better. I could have anything and anyone and no one could ever stop me.
>>
>>77684383
not only is kilgrave's style "passive" but it's extremely easy too. as you mentioned, even for some of the best telepath's, mind control is hard and the link is easily severed.

with kilgrave, it's effortless. he can even do it by accident.
>>
>>77684383

OK, first, this is how Kilgrave has always been portrayed in comics. So, welcome to the club, I guess.

Second, if how Kilgrave used his powers, and the consequences of it on his victims, doesn't genuinely disturb you, you need to check yourself in.
>>
>>77684417
like I said...I know it's not new by any stretch (obviously not even for the character)

but it's sort of coming into popular discussion now (because let's face it, Alias wasn't the most popular comic)
>>
Remember how the show was supposed to be noir? I guess the showrunners forgot too because they had the inner monologue thing and than dropped it after the first episode.
>>
Would a deaf person to be immune to killgrave or someone who didn't understand english?
>>
>>77684468
the cinch seems to be recognizing a command. so if you don't share a verbal language, then you're fine, but if Kilgrave switched to non-verbal language you'd probably still get caught.
>>
>>77684468
Yes, if he can't direct them to take action, if he can' make the actual suggestion, they would simply fall under his power but not feel compelled to do anything for him.
>>
>>77684468
Also, if they were DOOM.
>>
I just finished slogging through it and have been avoiding threads about it up until now. I could probably write more I here are my rambly thoughts:

It has a similar problem to Daredevil where it clearly ought to be a few episodes shorter (or have more substance to its plot). Instead we have to put up with so much padding! Daredevil had long pointless scenes with Foggy and whatsername, JJ had less rambling, but more time devoted to unnecessary characters. The twins and Malcom the druggie in particular bugged me. Somehow they kept hanging around and eating up screentime after they became irrelevant. There was a scene in ep 11 when Malcom was like "I'm sick of your shit Jessica, I'm leaving to go live with my parents". Not only should that have happened at least three episodes previously, but for some reason he was STILL hanging around up until the very end of the show? It felt less like they're trying to distract the audience with these characters than they were trying to distract themselves.

Also, the whole escalation of the show seemed kinda backwards to me. Jessica starts off as a mess, and while that's a part of her character, she seemed to be less messed up as the show went on, despite how much worse her life was getting. By the final episode she's still calling for a lawyer for Kilgrave's victims. I know Jessica is a "good" person and it's important that she's always taking on this burden even as it gets heavier and heavier, but I would have thought, considering how fucked up the situation was, there would have come a point that she would just snap and become desensitized to all the collateral damage around her. I guess it's the only thing stopping her from just killing herself/Kilgrave and being done with it. I don't recall if this was ever really stated or addressed in the show. Even if you think "well it shouldn't need to be, it's too on the nose", it would be a better use of screentime than Malcolm and the twins.
>>
>>77684468
Yes, the loud headphones/no eye contact thing from the finale was a legitimate defense against him.
>>
>>77684567 (cont)
Also - and somewhat conversely - I found it strange that after Hope killed herself, Jessica didn't seem to dwell on it all that much. For 3/4 of the show, the only reason Jessica didn't just cave Kilgrave's face in at every opportunity was because she needed him alive to exonerate Hope. Then Hope glasses herself and Jessica kinda just walks it off? I mean, they dedicate an episode to her not sleeping, and she relives the scene briefly as she nods off for a moment, so I guess you can say they dealt with the issue, but I would expect the effects of that to last for more than just a single self contained episode, considering how it's the reason the show lasted so long.

Similarly, in terms of escalation, Kilgrave's methods and plots seemed smarter and more convoluted at the beginning, peaked with him recreating Jessica's childhood home and then kinda evaporated. I feel like he needed some sort of ulterior motive as well as just "mess with Jessica" because that alone could barely sustain the show. Even his attempts to strengthen his powers at the end felt wasted. If he had another goal to achieve, it could have been put to a more interesting use. I figured it would end with him commanding a stadium of people to do something and Jessica would be unable to control it, or he would get on Trish's radio show and broadcast his mind control (not that that would work once they defined his power as a virus), but instead the endgame was just a small crowd in front of a boat (I guess there was that hospital scene, it didn't carry much impact for me). I get the point that Jessica was his focus and he only wanted to strengthen his power to control Jessica, it just feels like it could have been done better.

I feel bad for ragging on a show I still quite enjoyed. I liked Jessica's cynical bullshit.

Also, it's been a few days, please tell me a supercut webm has been made of Jessica downing drinks and breaking locked doors.
>>
>>77684567
>she seemed to be less messed up as the show went on, despite how much worse her life was getting.

Yes, she's supposed to be coming to grips with all the shit in her life, and dealing with Killgrave's damage to her.
That's the point, it isn't supposed to be a chronicle of her downward spiral.
>>
File: Doctor Doom.jpg (130KB, 1226x910px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Doom.jpg
130KB, 1226x910px
>>77684579
Killgrave is supposed to be this guy with incredible and awesome power but shit-tier petty and selfish motivation. He's really just a small, small man with phenomenal cosmic power.
He's not supposed to have grandiose schemes.
>>
File: 1430541010557.jpg (96KB, 599x602px) Image search: [Google]
1430541010557.jpg
96KB, 599x602px
I liked it, but it was more of a drama that happened to have superhero elements rather than a superhero show with drama elements. I was honestly expecting a lot more action considering it was marketed as a character with actual superhuman abilities, well much more so than Matt's heightened senses and martial arts.
>>
>>77684634
None of the Hell's Kitchen series are likely to have big setpiece battles, just getting you prepared for that.
>>
>>77684627
As I said, I get that, he's a manchild who is used to getting what he wants and he wants Jessica as his plaything. I get that. But I don't think it sustains the show for 13 episodes. It would need better writing, better construction, to manage that.

There should have been a feint. It should have started off seeming like he had a supervillain plan of some sort and then eventually towards the end just devolve (but get more desperate) and then the truth that it was all just about Jessica should have been the grand reveal.
>>
>>77684588

To me at least it never rang true that Jessica grew stronger as a character. That's part of the problem with her immunity coming from the moment she killed Luke's wife. You never really see it developing, so you never get any real grip on Jessica's personal growth, it just sort of happens because the plot calls for it. The way the show handles it, she just gets pissed about Hope, and starts moving forward, hellbent to find Kilgrave, with one or two small five second panic attacks along the way, and bam, she's overcome her issues. It's the cliched "the power was always inside of you from the beginning!" shit without even getting any moment of triumph through adversity that works as a proper cathartic release.
>>
>>77684669
Yeah I realize that, I just meant action at least on the scale of the cool fights seen in DD. These guys aren't meant to be the Avengers, but certainly there's more than one way to skin a cat in the world of action.
>>
>>77682503
>Incest twins
>Good characters

What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
I'm certain that this has been posted and argued before on /co/ and/or /tv/. Nevertheless...
http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/television/2015/11/marvel_s_jessica_jones_and_gamergate_how_the_netflix_series_absorbed_the.html

Why? Why the heck are editors still giving space to this self-hating dipshit in order to rant about how the shitlord gators are so disgusting?
>>
File: 1448319901867.jpg (79KB, 999x485px) Image search: [Google]
1448319901867.jpg
79KB, 999x485px
>>77684383
>That writing style
>All those ellipses and parantheses

How old are you, anon?
>>
>>77685656

Not the same guy but you can't tell me Reubens death wasn't soul crushing.

Yeah his sister is a cunt but it was clear that they are both autistic so she really dosnt understand that she's being such a bitch but I wouldnt say she's a bad character by any means.
>>
>>77682579
how the fuck was Nuke out of left field ,they set it up constantly
>>
>>77682579
>The Nuke twist felt out of left field
What is this, your first television show?
>>
>/co/ hates Jessica Jones now

What happened?
>>
>>77685965
hype burns off anon, people start to see the flaws.
>>
Are all the characters terrible in the comics too, I didnt find any particularly likable, and all the idiots from the "support group" freeing Killgrave like morons was annoying as fuck from a writing stand point
>>
>>77685965
At least this show deserves the hate, unlike DD.
>>
>>77685965
Same with DD.

Or am I the only one who remembers the hate Netflix's DD got after the initial hype died down, and everybody started complaining about manchild Fisk and what not?
>>
Daredevil handled death better than Jessica Jones. The deaths in DD had lasting consequences, even the old woman. The deaths in JJ were kinda forgotten after they happen. Hope's death felt like it happened and everyone instantly moved on
>>
>>77685991
Good thing show success, isn't based on the views of 4chan.
>>
>>77686003
No, that was just some people who didn't like Fisk. It was a very different take on the character.
>>
>>77686003
That was mostly Flashfags, all to suck the dick of the boring shitty main villain of their own show.
>>
>>77685974
It hasn't even been a fucking week yet.
>>
>>77684568
>mfw she sent in a patsy
>>
>>77685965
>now

Maybe it's because five days in more people than just the hypefags have seen it and are able to take a more objective look on its inherent flaws.
>>
File: temmie.jpg (8KB, 201x200px) Image search: [Google]
temmie.jpg
8KB, 201x200px
>>77686224
>>
>>77685730
Why would I care about a creepy beta with a banana cake fetish getting killed? All the fucker did was stalk Jessica and make awkward passes at her, how cou- oh wait, you see yourself in his shoes, don't you?
>>
>>77684579
becaue she didn't really care about Hope or any other person.
Hope was just a simulacrum of her desire for redemption, one that made her unable to see what was in front of her.
When Hope died she lost the link to her fantasy world of redemption and hope and had to fae reality.
>>
>>77686340
Don't act like you're better than anyone, we're all the same here.
>>
>>77685974
DD's hype lasted for weeks though, maybe JJ is just a shitty show.
>>
>>77686622
or maybe Netflix novelty is starting to fade
>>
File: 1435124955618.png (265KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [Google]
1435124955618.png
265KB, 1000x735px
>character gets addicted to drugs
>I'll save you from this horrible addiction!
>other character gets addicted to drugs
>FUCKING ASSHOLE HOW DARE YOU ACT HOW THE DRUGS MAKE YOU ACT

>get angry at character for wanting to kill the murderer
>then YOU kill the murderer
>but for some reason are still angry at the first character?

Also why didn't Jessica just stay at the house and make Kilgrave a hero? And use him to free Hope by talking to the DA or whatever? Even if she eventually turned on him, what, you can't stay with him for like a week to free Hope?

And if Nuke could get special forces bullshit why couldn't he just get some airtight suits? You could just walk up and murder kilgrave no problem then.
>>
>>77683009
>>77682956
I don't understand this thought process. Yeah, from our perspective Jessica was making the absolute wrong calls, but we are also shown why she makes the calls she does. THat's literaly tthe whole premise of the show. SHe's a fucked up idiot who makes the wrong calls most of the time but she genuinely tries to fix it this time, but she takes it too far. Would you have preferred the show if Jess just bailed like she wanted?
>>
>>77686705
The problem is that we're never shown that she has an adversity to killing until way fucking late in the show, and even that is just one line, something like "human life is precious, even yours" or some nonsense.

She doesn't not kill him because of morals- she does it to try and save Hope. So with that it mind, it's FUCKING STUPID, because there is TONS of better ways to free Hope other than what she wasted her time (and peoples lives) trying to do. It takes less than a minute of thought to think of multiple better plans to save hope and stop Kilgrave.
>>
>>77686705
If she were replaced by DD or Luke as the main hero? Yep I'd be fine with that. JJ a shit.

>>77686641
We'll know when DD s2 happens, if it stays as hype as the first season then I expect you to create "JJ wasn't that bad!" threads immediately.
>>
>>77686705
This isn't some deep character study. We're not looking at an abrasive, alcoholic fuckup.

She's just an idiot. An idiots are really hard to sympathize with.
>>
>>77686667
To be fair, the only reason the one guy was addicted to drugs was because of Killgrave, and a crack user is far more docile, than an adrenaline junkie.
Also the main reason for not killing him was because of trying to save Hope, once she died, there was no problem in doing it.
>>
The fact that they dangled the idea of making Kilgrave into a hero but didn't go with it still makes me mad.
>>
File: aang.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
aang.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
DUDE RAPE VICTIMS

RAPE RAPE RAPE

RAPEITY RAPEITY RAPEY RAPE

JESSICA TRIES TO SAVE HOPE

BUT HOPE DIES

HOPE DIED

DUDE RAPE LMAO

Jessica Jones is at least not Korra tier annoying, but she's still a PATHETIC female protagonist. The show was stupid and she should have let that one guy just kill the motherfucker
>>
>>77686752
>there is TONS of better ways to free Hope other than what she wasted her time (and peoples lives) trying to do.
Name 2.
>The problem is that we're never shown that she has an adversity to killing until way fucking late in the show
We're also not shown that she's open to it. We're shown that she's just your average alcoholic prick with the powers of lock breaking and jump far. Most people aren't exactly keen on killing people.
>>
File: rance laughing.png (64KB, 189x226px) Image search: [Google]
rance laughing.png
64KB, 189x226px
>it's a show about a woman
>villain is a rapist
>>
>>77686844
>she's still a PATHETIC female protagonist
Fucking how? She's a flawed character but that's obviously the intention. Its not like Korra, who's flaws where inconsequential and shit got fixed in the end without her learning from it, JJ suffered from her mistakes, faced up to them and had to deal with it.
>>
>>77682267
>Literally anyone with earplugs could kill this guy and instead she just lets people die all around her.
Well since Kilgrave knew the entire show that Jessica was immune, he planned for this. Why do you think he hired a security firm that wasn't under his power?

He also is able to use any by stander near him as a hostage, evident multiple times in the show. You know, like the cook and housekeeper.

They could have killed him, like when pre-pills Nuke shoots him in the neck. But they needed him for Hope's case. Once she offed herself, Jessica just went to go kill him.

Capturing him would have gone fine if it wasn't for Trinity. Well, Trinity and Nuke.
>>
>>77682976
>>77683009
Wow, it's like Jessica was confusing Hope and herself or something. It's almost like she was using Hope's case to find her own closure.

Then it all went to shit and she had to kill Kilgrave. You know how a the major theme in Daredevil is murder being justified or not? And a major theme in Daredevil S2 with Punisher is gonna be justified killing.

It's almost like each member of the Defenders is going to figure out how far is too far and how much you can trust the system. The best part is they'll come to different conclusions based on their experiences.

>murder is never right jessica, we aren't god and we aren't a jury
>matt, you haven't seen what I've seen
>>
Boy, sure is convenient Matt never heard all the violence happening around Kilgrave, otherwise he'd be fucked because he can't wear headphones.
>>
File: patsy.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
patsy.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>77684568
Remember when they used that great diversion that totally worked?
>Patsy's identity is revealed before Jessica is even in the room
>Patsy should have gotten shot immediately when it wasn't Jessica
>Jessica made no advance towards Kilgrave during the distraction, even going to the 2nd floor above the entrance for some reason
>Stupid jump falls short, which is fine except all the cops didn't shoot her for some reason
>>
>>77687371
That whole ending sequence was just fucking stupid.
>>
>>77687431
>why didn't you just jump over everyone?
>well I wanted you to tell everyone to stop
>bullshit, killing me would do that
>I don't know that
>killing him does exactly that

So what's with the slow walk up to Kilgrave?
Couldn't anyone get a hold of a rifle with a scope?
>>
I wished they had focused on Killgrave's past, as he seemed legitimately damaged by never being sure whether someone is lying to him or not. Can't be in love if you can't ask someone anything.
>>
>>77686667
>Also why didn't Jessica just stay at the house and make Kilgrave a hero?
Because Kilgrave has no intention of being a hero. He just manipulated that situation to his advantage, taking Jessica's attempt to change him and switching it into a situation where she was forced to stay with him. "Stay with me, or I'll kill again".And Jessica realized that was what he was doing. But even the remote chance that through pretending, he might actually become a hero, was enough to tempt Jessica to stick with it. But very quickly, she realized that that was just wishful thinking, tempted by Kilgrave knowing exactly what strings to pull with her, so she abandoned that futile possibility.
>>
>>77682607
>Interracial sex
>Lesbians
>Dark

uhh... what?
>>
>>77686138
I like both main villians.
>>
Is it just me or is literally every other character better acted and more interesting than Jessica?
>>
>>77688736
It is just you.
>>
So with the introduction of mind control powers in the MCU, when will we get a skrull style heroes being controlled and being a mole for the bad guys movie?
>>
>>77687371
>Patsy should have gotten shot immediately when it wasn't Jessica

Why?
Kilgrave is souly focused on JJ, that drives a lot of his actions in the end and she knows it.
>>
>>77689011
Patsy has been a pain in his ass since he found Jessica again.

Why would he just let her live?

Again, it's not like he found out about Patsy and then Jessica was behind him and he had to gtfo. He learned it was Patsy and then just did nothing while Jessica stood up on the second floor.

Instead of a quip, he should have said "everyone shoot her once"
>>
>>77689197
If he just killed all of JJ's friends and his upgrades didn't work on her then he would literally have now way to control her
>>
>>77689943
except any other hostage
>>
The original comic was much better. The problem with the show is that they made the entire Killgrave arc into the entire show. Like the Alias was a great comic because it gave you a different perspective of the Marvel Universe. You have this powerful person like Jessica Jones doing mundane thing like being a PI. She was once a hero saving the day like many people in the Marvel Universe but something happened that made her quit that. Had the JJ show explored more of the MCU it would have been a much better show. By having it self contained and focusing everything into the Killgrave story rob the audience of something fun.
>>
>>77687522
>as he seemed legitimately damaged by never being sure whether someone is lying to him or not
>"Did you just lie to me"

There, problem solved. Kilgrave became a monster because he never matured past his 10-years-old self because he never had to.
>>
File: Lester.png (1MB, 1361x760px) Image search: [Google]
Lester.png
1MB, 1361x760px
Is he the most useless detective in television history?
>>
>>77683316
GARBAGE DISPOSAL

WHAT A WAY TO GO

GARBAGE DISPOSAL

MEET SO AND SO
>>
>>77682783
He was over confident because of his recent power boost.

If he didn't power himself up he would have been fine and much more cautious.
>>
>>77682331
Kek
>>
>>77691649
What do you mean?
I'm pretty sure plenty of people would be in denial about mind control until they saw it 1st hand, and Nuke killing him was pretty unexpected.
>>
>>77685965
>how every /co/ thread works
>great movie/show
>everyone loves it
>people move on
>bitter whiners and cranks the only people left talking about it
>why does /co/ hate this now?
>>
>>77691649

but he stopped Avon Barksdale...
>>
>>77691903
refugees from that cesspool called /tv/
>>
>>77683156
good analysis anon.

i think the series could've been ten episodes and they dragged it out w/ the Dad boosting Kilgrave's power but over all it was enjoyable.
>>
>>77686062
/co is too small a voice to matter to anyone actually making mass market content. i think most people here realize that, or i hope so.
>>
>>77691649
About in par with Ben Urich. At least he had the decency to not have a shitty sick wife subplot taking up his screen time or arguing about Kilgrave with Jessic
>>
>>77687371
Him just being annoyed by that might have been my favorite Kilgrave moment.
>>
File: my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg (13KB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg
13KB, 268x268px
Watching episode 3. Why is Jessica such a fucking idiot injecting Trish with a powerful anaesthetic and then leaving ger lying on her back like that. Anaesthetics cause respiratory depression, it was more than likely Trish would have stopped breathing and suffocated to death without ventilatory support.
>>
>>77692120
Me too, though trying to save the day by making an abusive husband/father blow his brains out and "I told a guy to screw himself once, you can image," are up there.
>>
>>77682408
>incredible acting from most of the cast
Luke and Jessica were almost as good
The same goes for Jessica Jones, it's just more subtle and not in your face.
>hero has great background and moral backbone, his very first act in the very first scene is heroism
It was clear from the beginning that Jessica wasn't a hero. Also the 'I can't kill this guy because then I'll become the villain' meme is getting old.
So true.
>>77682721
Kilgrave is crazy, how do people not get this? Also, he feigns intelligence. He isn't as smart as Jessica, he gets himself caught multiple times in the series.
>>77682885
How?
>>77682267
>expected so much more
Why? The first episode set the tone for the series.

Why does everyone on this board whine about how the marvel movies are to big but then get there panties in a twist when there isn't enough 'action'? You fucks knew what you were getting into, if you expected Daredevil 2.0 then you deserve being disappointed.
>>
>>77692173
Writers aren't anaesthetists.
>>
>>77692414
this
>>
>>77692173

>I'll take technical shit no one cares about or bothers with in comics for 500, Alex
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 604x376px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 604x376px
The Good:
-Kilgrave (saved this fucking show)
-Hope a cute
-Luke Cage
-Hotline Miami/Bootleg Cap copaloo
-Daredevil nurse

The Bad:
-Jessica Jones (ugly and fucking boring)
-Whole fucking Trinity divorce subplot
-Malcolm and Twins
-Patty
-"Special" effects (was this on a budget on something?)
-Whole real dollhouse...thing
-Finale was shittastic

Seriously disappointed.
5/10 and only thanks to Kilgrave.
>>
>>77692711
>Malcolm and Twins

Malcolm and Ruben weren't that bad.

That bitch sister, though, her refusal to leave the fucking screen almost singlehandedly ruined the last few episodes for me.
>>
>>77692465
>>77692414
They could google Sufentanil (or any fentanyl derivative) and notice that "stops people breathing" is on the list of side effects.
It's not even obscure. Remember the Moscow theater hostage crisis, 130 hostages died from the fentanyl derivative the Russians pumped into the theater to knock out the terrorists, either because they stopped breathing, or because when unconscious they choked on thei own vomit, or any number of other complications that can happen when you administer a powerful anaesthetic under uncontrolled conditions.
>>
What was up withe the cops double talk tic? Gonna gonna
>>
>>77692813
Autism the post
>>
>>77685837
>>77685950
I don't want to rewatch ten episodes of this show again, what were the setups for him? I didn't recall anything particular.
>>
>>77687104
>Why do you think he hired a security firm that wasn't under his power?
And conveniently absent the third time he was captured. He COMPLETELY lucked out with the Kilgrave support mob trashing Jess' place. Where was his backup then?
>>
>>77683183
Underrated post.
>>
>>77693025
>tell security team you're going to an apartment
>tracker says he's at apartment
>WHY ISN'T THE SECURITY TEAM COMING FOR ME?
>>
>>77692711
Only thing I disagree with is the lesbian divorce subplot. I found it more emotionally compelling than the rest of the show, and Trinity gave a better performance than JJ, Luke or any of the other main characters (except kilgrave obviously)

She was a great character, and her only crime was loving sweet tits. Who can really blame her?
>>
>>77693110
>her only crime was loving sweet tits
>treating ex like pariah
>being a cunt
>ruthless asshole lawyer
>being a gigantic cunt
>only relies on fucking JJ for dirt instead of using her vast resources to have her ex followed 24/7
>fucking cunt
>>
>>77692922
Every scene he had was him being agreesive, meatlike and on edge, his spec ops background was shown from the get go, and was were they got the sin bin from, he was trigger happy, his boys showed up, he got more and more Kilgrave obsessed. ..by the time the pills show up, every part of him was designed togo full nuclear.
Thread posts: 258
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.