[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Characters who, as far as I know, nobody ever liked, despite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: vlcsnap-2015-11-23-01h08m32s112.png (635KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-23-01h08m32s112.png
635KB, 720x540px
ITT: Characters who, as far as I know, nobody ever liked, despite the writers intending for you to "laugh" at them.
>>
>>77665714
Everyone was terrified or pissed off at the piece of shit

I'm the former
>>
Tom or that random guy?

Because loads of people sympathise with Tom. I've got no clue who the other one is.
>>
>>77665714
>>77665759
The fat man character. Everyone hated him, even though you were supposed to laugh at how he beat the shit out of his pet (with a more realistic feel to the violence than what Mammy did).
>>
>>77665831
This

It felt more like animal abuse than funny slapstick

Also can we talk about how the audio and animation was a lot weirder?
>>
File: chilly willy.jpg (10KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
chilly willy.jpg
10KB, 210x240px
I never got how someone could like this asshole, and i never found someone who liked him to explain it to me.
>>
Jarjar
>>
>>77665874
Most people know this already, but those shorts were farmed out to communist animators who had no sense of American slapstick or timing.

The Czech style was more "poetic", as opposed to the American "bang-bang lickety split", which didn't translate well with an American series.
>>
>>77666219
I like him. He's cute, but an asshole. It works, somehow.
>>
>>77665714
trivia fact, the character name is Clint Clobber and he was created just because the animation team liked Doug Moye's voice, Gene Deitch admitted a lot of the problems in his T&J shorts are not only because of the lack of budget but also the lack of experience of the animators at that time.
>>
File: GeorgeLiquorTower.jpg (8KB, 223x217px) Image search: [Google]
GeorgeLiquorTower.jpg
8KB, 223x217px
>>
>>77666680
but George is funny as hell and a true american
>>
>>77667101
get off 4chan, John K
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.