[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember Family Guy before the cancellation? It was pretty great.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: chumbawumba.jpg (45KB, 737x574px) Image search: [Google]
chumbawumba.jpg
45KB, 737x574px
Remember Family Guy before the cancellation?

It was pretty great.
>>
>>77651437
It had its moments but it was still a poor man's Simpsons back then. Better than post-revival but there was never a time when Family Guy was actually great.
>>
>>77651478
Agreed.
It was good, and it was different from anything else which accounts for its cult status.
>>
>>77651478
The first chicken fight was pretty great, it was a great joke because it was only done once and that was enough.
>>
File: I want you.png (303KB, 330x1000px) Image search: [Google]
I want you.png
303KB, 330x1000px
>>
File: Lockhart.jpg (49KB, 463x692px) Image search: [Google]
Lockhart.jpg
49KB, 463x692px
>>
File: 1405989672369.jpg (67KB, 497x500px) Image search: [Google]
1405989672369.jpg
67KB, 497x500px
>>77651437
>tfw you've been watching FG since the beginning when it was just a show with a cult following
>tfw you constantly watch crap episode after crap episode just for gems like "Road To The Multiverse"
>tfw these last few seasons just keep getting worse and worse
>>
>>77651437
What do you do?
When you stuck in a chair
Do you find it hard?
To go up and down stairs
What do you think of the one you call God
Isn't his absence slight. . .ly Odd?
Maybe he's forgotten you
>>
I love how natural some characters sounded, ie Louis. It had that modest low budget charm ala Peanuts cartoons. Even if the animation was sporadic and low budget, it still had more fluidity than the Tim Buckley method animation that current FG and Simpsons episodes use now.
>>
>>77651437

I thought the first two seasons (S3 & S4) after it was uncancelled were the best.
>>
>>77656451
Oops, turned out I was wrong. Family guy was on Season 4 after it was Uncancelled. Season 5 was when the show started to go downhill.
>>
>>77653783
I agree. I noticed the animation in old family guy used more angles than just 3/4ths shot, and that characters actually moved when they're not talking. it was low budget, but it had some sort of charm to it. The new animation is shiny, yes, but it feels robotic compared to everything else

I think the voices also went a little higher as time went on. Not just with Lois, but Chris and Brian too.
>>
>>77656537
I think Brian stayed mostly the same voice-wise, but Chris definitely got higher. He also talks faster now.
>>
>>77656520

Season 4 was very hit or miss to me but not terrible, 5 and 6 are bad but not as bad as later seasons. Season 7 is where the show really shit the bed. Is there an episode worse than Not All Dogs Go To Heaven? This was supposed to be your Where No Fan Has Gone Before and you wasted the TNG cast on a shitty B-Plot in a Meg/Brian soapbox episode...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.