[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was born in 1997, what is this? Was it good? Was it like "The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1447870816889.png (94KB, 350x261px) Image search: [Google]
1447870816889.png
94KB, 350x261px
I was born in 1997, what is this? Was it good? Was it like "The Fridays" with Tommy & Nzinga (later Tara)?

You're going to say "underage!!!" or "they were still around in the early 2000s, how could you not know about them?", but the thing is, I don't remember anything from ages 3-6 other than floating shapes, colors, and drinking from a sippy cup.
>>
>>77574303
I was born in 97, I remember Cartoon Cartoon Fridays. I liked the live action Fridays but I remember being initially pissed off they got rid of the toons.

honestly I think CN should go back to this kind of thing, it'd be cool to see with some modern character
>>
I was born in 95 and I don't get this new born in '97 meme. Can someone explain it to me?
>>
What do you mean what is it? You can just watch a recording and check it out. It depends , if you liked those cartoons it was great, it you didn't you would change the channel.
>>
>>77574303
I love this new meme
>>
File: ACTUALLY.jpg (66KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
ACTUALLY.jpg
66KB, 768x576px
The thing about old Cartoon Network is it felt like a universe. You commonly saw all the different cartoon canons interacting with each other, like the Fridays stuff, as well as the later CN city promos. It all felt connected, and in a sense, that kind of made Cartoon Cartoons feel like a big world. That and most of the older cartoons came from the same family (Genndy Tartakovsky), so there was always a sense of familiarity in the cartoons.

Comparing those shows to cartoons nowadays from a neutral standpoint, you see a lot more gross-out gags and slapstick in the older stuff. There wasn't always a lesson or moral to be had, most of the time it was just dumb shit for the sake of dumb shit and bad endings if they were funny (Dexter's Lab in particular). We also got a bunch of short-lived shows in the same vein (Time Squad, Robot Jones, etc) that a lot of people loved, but never quite matched the more senior, in-house cartoons in popularity. As time went on, Cartoon Cartoons stepped out of their boundary and evolved. Courage and PPG were the big leap from saturday-morning funny stuff to more "mature" subject matter (I know that's not saying much since it's fucking cartoons) like unsettling horror and superhero stuff while still trying to keep the Cartoon Cartoon spirit. That's why people usually remember them fondly as the 'last great CN cartoons'. They were the tail end of the 'golden era' most people like to talk about.
>>
>>77574870
cont'd

Chowder and Flapjack were the first real modern cartoons on CN, as well as Foster's to an extent, and they were still funny in their own ways, but that's about the time the era of Cartoon Cartoons started to end. Soon we got more experimental stuff, actions shows that took after the popularity of Samurai Jack and such, and some live action shows to test the waters of what kids would like. Finally Adventure Time and company came along a few years later, and here we are. Changes like that aren't necessarily bad, but tastes don't stay the same forever, and kids know what they like and find funny. Shows nowadays try to cater to both fresh young minds as well as the young adults that grew up on the older stuff, but meeting in the middle is kind of hard.

So to sum up, it was good. It may not be to you if you go back and watch the shows, much like I don't think Seinfeld is super funny in retrospect, but a lot of people remember something like Cartoon Cartoons for being the first of its kind (a dedicated network for cartoons), or something they grew up with and love dearly.

Ed Edd n Eddy, however, is the exception. It will always be a timeless hilarious classic and you're fucking wrong if you think otherwise.
>>
Please tell me there's someone else out there who rememers a poster for Fridays were Tommy straight-up had his hand down Nzinga's pants.
>>
>>77574303
PPG and Bravo largely a shit
EEnE and C&W is rad
Courage was just okay

What was dope about CN is that they showed off pilots and said "OKAY YOU LITTLE BITCHES WE GOT A BUNCH OF PILOTS - WHAT DO YOU WANT"

That's cool to me. It's better than a network telling you what you want to see

Also get smart and watch it nerd
>>
>>77574870
>>77574942
tl;dr
>>
File: 640px-Eddy_rage_modified_3573.jpg (35KB, 350x245px) Image search: [Google]
640px-Eddy_rage_modified_3573.jpg
35KB, 350x245px
>>77575092
>So to sum up
Nigga are you literally unable to read anything that doesn't have fat titties plastered next to it?
>>
All of the characters in that image were from good shows, so it was a lot better than cartoon network now.
>>
>>77575140
This is almost certainly b8, I was born in '97 and remember enough about Cartoon Cartoon that I was confused when it changed.
>>
>>77574870
>>77574942
Rock on brother. Rock on.
>>
This is a new general.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2857578.png (476KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2857578.png
476KB, 640x480px
>>77575073

Cartoon Cartoon was a brilliant strategy. It was like an old-timey anthology series done for the purpose of testing back-door pilots.

Mostly, the strong survived and the weak did whatever it is that the weak does.
>>
>>77575449
Ohhh yesss I forgot about that

Ranting anon from before here, stuff like this was how we got Billy and Mandy and Kids Next Door. It was very smart and I remember it too - some Fridays CN hyped a big event where they showed a bunch of pilots for shows, then you either called in or voted online or something to see which ones you liked. I remember they did this with giveaways too, like for Game Boy Colors and shit.

I'm still pissed that we never got more than two Longhair and Doubledome shorts
>>
>>77575073
C&W?????
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.