[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well... Would you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: 0.png (571KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
571KB, 1000x1500px
Well... Would you?
>>
File: 0.png (560KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
560KB, 1000x1500px
>Plus there is like a 50/50 chance that you are just a brain in a vat, so none of this matters
>>
Your thread just got deleted Anon, take a hint.
>>
>>77573171
Nope, I deleted it myself because I messed up in the posting order and started it anew.
>>
>>77573159
>>77573169

It's all those convoluted ethical conondrums which made me not want to take any more philosophy courses.

No matter what you do it seems like you're always going to be evil in some form of thought.
>>
>>77573245
The point of the hypotheticals is to test what it takes for someone to justify an evil act.
>>
>>77573245
It's like being asked if you would kill a baby, even if you didn't know that the baby would grow up to be Hitler.

Would you objectively kill a baby? Probably not.
Would you kill Baby Hitler? Sure!
>>
I like Existential Comics. The guy actually knows his stuff.
>>
File: smbc trolley problem.png (395KB, 684x1516px) Image search: [Google]
smbc trolley problem.png
395KB, 684x1516px
>>77573159
>SMBC, Existential Comics and Dinosaur Comics all did this same joke at the same time
>>
File: dinosaur comics trolley problem.png (58KB, 735x500px) Image search: [Google]
dinosaur comics trolley problem.png
58KB, 735x500px
>>77573349
>>
>>77573159
>>77573169
>>77573349
>>77573369
Fucking seriously? I mean, usually, this sort of stuff only get done on April 1rst.

Is it just a coincidence?
>>
File: 0.png (304KB, 684x1230px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
304KB, 684x1230px
While we are at it.
>>
>>77573284
Killing Hitler is an incredibly bad idea if you're in any way comfortable with life as you know it.

If you like things like Civil Rights, Gender equity, or modern technology, you won't want a dead Hitler.

I guess you'd have to ask yourself: is my retarded iPod worth 20 million lives?
>>
File: 0.png (428KB, 647x980px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
428KB, 647x980px
>>77574358
>>
>>77574358
Hitler ruined struggle for Aryan future forever.
>>
>>77574358
>If you like things like Civil Rights, Gender equity, or modern technology, you won't want a dead Hitler.
>tfw you don't like those things, but wouldn't want to kill Hitler
This really is a conundrum.
>>
>>77574358
Let's be real here, changing pretty much anything at all a bunch of generations ago would result in an unrecognizable future. You'd have people having slightly different experiences, leading to them acting slightly differently, leading to other people having slightly different experiences and so on, leading to different conception times for all subsequent people to be born, leading to the next generation being completely different people.
>>
>>77574358
If Colombus didn't discover America...
>>
>>77575641
Hitler has done more harm to the white race than anyone in the History of the planet.

If you want a white world, you don't want Hitler.
>>
>>77575724
Which is why the important question is whether or not you would kill a baby that you had reason to believe would grow up to be a hitler-type tyrant in the future.
>>
>>77575724
>Let's be real here, changing pretty much anything at all a bunch of generations ago would result in an unrecognizable future
Yes, and how drastically different would that new future be if the second most important historical figure ever not had the chance to live?
>>
>>77576455
Provided that you have the choice between doing that and not changing anything at all, you mean?
That's kind of a question of where we are on the sliding scale between the best and the worst of all possible worlds, isn't it.
>>
>>77576523
>the second most important historical figure ever
That seems like a pretty silly statement to make.
>>
>>77575724
>>77576523
Let's not forget a thing, though, killing the Hitler would cause billions of People to have never existed.

Seeing has the spermatozoa that make one person is just one among thousands of them trying to fecund the egg, it means, that all the people who have been conceived after the time alternation will never exist and other men and women coming from other spermatozoa will exist instead.

Killing Hitler might basically cause a genocide of billion of people. And I am not that they get to be replaced by different people make up for that.
>>
>>77576557
>That seems like a pretty silly statement to make
Why? The entire modern world was shaped by WWII.
>>
>>77575641
>feminism
>BLM
>good things
>modern technology
>implying most of this wouldn't exist anyway
>>
>>77576665
The entire modern world was also shaped by Julius Caesar.
>>
>>77576694
Not as significantly, or as quickly, as WWII.
>>
>>77576631
That is assuming time travel wipes out the old universe and doesn't just create a new one. Not that you could really tell the difference, I suppose.
>>
>>77576732
But in this case killing Hitler does nothing.
>>
>>77576718
>Not as significantly
You sure about that? Consider the kind of stuff that grew out of the Roman empire. Hint: it's fucking everywhere. Including Germany, by the way. Heiliges Römisches Reich Deutscher Nation and so on.
But more importantly, I'd say that the whole thing is really, really hard to quantify.
>or as quickly
May be true, but I wouldn't say it's relevant.
>>
>>77576757
Sure it does. It makes his parents in universe-2 sad, for example.
>>
>>77576694
Well he did say second.
>>
>>77576631
I'm pretty simply being into past would change genetic destiny of humanity somewhat. Some dude was meant to bang his wife, but you cut in line in front of him and now he's late by two minutes and bring forth different sperm. Making different baby. Who will go on having different babies. Or not making a baby at all.
>>
>>77576815
>You sure about that? Consider the kind of stuff that grew out of the Roman empire
Eh, I'd put that under Jesus, but whatever.
It's arguable.
>>
>>77577646
There's no proof jesus was real,Ceasar however...
>>
>travel 6 billion years into the past
>sneeze into a pool
>that evolves into super evil genetic pool monsters
>history is changed forever, but you won't get that parking violation

This is philosophy 101.
>>
>>77577817
There's no proof Caesar was real, Jesus however...
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.