[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Korra

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: legend-of-korra.jpg (314KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
legend-of-korra.jpg
314KB, 2000x1125px
I've watched Avatar The Last Airbender and it was pretty good. Now, the same people who recommended avatar say that Korra is shit and way too edgy. Are they right?
>>
>Shit
The majority of it, yeah.
>Edgy
No that's just stupid.
>>
>>77571577
This, is not edgy just fucking retarded overall.
>>
>>77571569
Korra is really poorly written, but there's enjoyment to be taken out of it. Just don't expect to get too attached to any characters besides Varrick in season 2 onwards, he's great.
>>
>>77571577

This person is an ignorant ass whose mother cheated and that's the reason they don't know anything. His mother is a cheating whore.

As for the show, it's just not as epic as the first series. He united the nations, went up against histories greatest villian and won. Next up is Korra. She.....helped some people. Did some things. Let annoying spirits into the world with no apparent consequence? It was destined to not be as good.
>>
>>77571569
S1 is mediocre
S2 is mostly shit, except for a really good two-parter
S3 is outstanding
S4 is pretty good, but falls apart a bit by the end
Other than early S2, the show looks great. The setting and music are pretty cool.
It's not nearly as good as TLA overall, but I'd still say it's worth a watch.

But may seriously want to just read a synopsis of the second season and only watch the episodes about the first avatar.
The rest of it was completely retarded.
>>
>>77571621
They did try to one-up ATLA, they just failed miserably because they're idiots that couldn't make an amazing concept work for them.
Just look at almost every idea that was put into LoK, most of the seasons had some hype going into them (except 3 maybe) and they just turned those ideas into shit that either went nowhere or were just dissapointing.

Also friendly reminder that book 1 is better than book 4.
>>
>>77571569
Its great actually. Though that is an opinion that is only held by about half of those that see it, the other half hate the shit out of it and wish thetly could unsee it.

Basically its Russian roulette, you will either love it or hate it
>>
>>77571750
>Also friendly reminder that book 1 is better than book 4.
I might be able to get behind that if they didn't waste so much time on the pro bending stuff, which was less cool and exciting than regular fight scenes by design.
>>
TLA was a show aimed at 6-10 year olds that ended up popular with teenagers and young adults because of its comparatively mature themes and tone.

Korra was designed specifically to pander to those same teenagers/young adults, therefore lacking a lot of the charm. They also pandered to shippers and we all know how that goes.
>>
>>77571772
I can agree that probending was a waste of time, but they just handled book 4 story even worse than in book 1. Everything is resovled by 3 lines of dialogue and the villain gets as much of a shitty background story as Amon did, but she also had a giant retarded robot.

And to me, Kuvira was never a believable threat, shes just too normal compared to everything else. And she doesn't come off as smart either so for me she had nothing going for her except an army that she didn't use.
>>
>>77571741
>S3 is outstanding
Nah. It was just better than the others
>>
>>77571569
Watch it and decide for yourself.I liked the series except season 2.
>>
File: asami korra.png (282KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
asami korra.png
282KB, 640x360px
The edginess isn't the problem, the complete lack of any writing competence is.
>>
File: 20 years in ms paint.png (196KB, 294x387px) Image search: [Google]
20 years in ms paint.png
196KB, 294x387px
Season 1 starts off great but goes to shit and season 2 is pretty bad but Season 3 makes up for it. Season 4 isn't too bad either.

Season 3 is the only season that is on par with anything in ATLA.
>>
>>77571750
>Also friendly reminder that book 1 is better than book 4.

Opinion disregarded.
>>
>>77572929
Better villain, better setup, better resolution. What does book 4 have that is better than book 1?
>>
>>77571569
Objectively it might not be as good as Avatar but it is still a great show, especially for a children's (>implying) cartoon. Anyway watch it and decide for yourself, don't be dictated by /co/ opinions one way or the other.
>>
>>77571569
is quite shitty, I guess still worth it if you just marathon it.
>>
>>77571741
>S3 is outstanding
S3 is better than the others, but not outstanding, mainly because good villains for once.

Also S1 could have been much better if they focus on the non benders and not in shitty Korra and her love life.
>>
>>77572976
Better korra, better side characters, has Varick, Kuvira vs Korra was a better fight than Amon vs Korra and Mako, better team Avatar. Less of a final villain let down.
>>
>>77571621
you compensating for something, anon?
>>
>>77571569

Watch and judge it for yourself. Your opinion is the only one that should matter for you in this regard.
>>
>>77573232
I guess you're right about Varrick, but even he was worse in book 4 than in book 2. Kuvira vs Korra had no tension, there was no way Kuvira could even hope to win. Team Avatar was the same pretty much. Kuvira was a bigger let down than Amon even after his reveal. And Korra was good, but worse than Book 1.
>>
>>77572423
This. I try to seperate A:TLA and LOK but I enjoyed the hell out of LOK (except the majority of season 2) I was genuinly sad when it ended
>>
File: 1447828505374.gif (74KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1447828505374.gif
74KB, 480x270px
It's a pretty good ride. If you want something like last Airbender you will probably be disappointed. The plot is straight to the point there are little fillers to help you bond with the characters.

The main thing I liked with last Airbender were the magic Kung fu portions. So korra didn't disappoint.

S3>S1>s4>s2

Dat delicious brown korra
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.