[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best way to collect doom patrol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 2355_400x600.jpg (43KB, 192x291px) Image search: [Google]
2355_400x600.jpg
43KB, 192x291px
So I want to collect Morrison's doom patrol what would be the best way to do that ? Also general buyfag thread or whatever.
>>
>>77558787
The omnibus?
I like Omnis, those big ass glossy pages.
>>
If your someone who has patience I recommend buying the trades.

But if you like having a big omnibus hardcover on the self you got that.

IMO, its better to read the trades. They provide a nice breather in between story lines. The story and character development feels more incremental and ultimately more rewarding. But thats just the kind of reader I am. Some people like to binge.
>>
>>77558839
>>77558922
I've heard some stuff about binding issues though is that a big deal?
>>
>>77558787
Trades. The omni is fucking huge. I wish I had the JSA trades, because having 3 giant omnis is kind of a pain in the ass for one run.
>>
>>77559317
If you treat your stuff nicely you won't have problems.
>>
>>77559317
That a problem with Vertigo trades in general. You just need to treat them a little gently and not "crack it back" when you read it.

My copy of the first volume of The Invisibles fell right out of the cover. Luckily the pages where still held together so I just glued it back in.
>>
these are about to start coming out

vertigocomics.com/graphic-novels/doom-patrol-book-one
>>
>>77559570
Oh lawdy, new Fat Trades? I love that format for Hellblazer and Lucifer, along with Deluxe HCs it's probably my favorite collection method.

Omnis are nice don't get me wrong but mostly to a certain point. The Miller Daredevil omnibus is a perfect size, in my opinion.
>>
>>77559908
Speaking of Hellblazer what are John's best runs? I've been meaning to get into that series but a lot of people have given it a go.
>>
>>77560123
Delano, Ennis, Carey, Jenkins.
>>
>>77560553
Heavy emphasis for Ennis. His run is the only one I just had to own on my shelf.
>>
>>77559570
> just thick paperbacks and not Deluxe Hardcovers like The Invisibles got
Shit
>>
There are three options:

The Omnibus

TPBs which mostly are out of print*

And the new deluxe hardcover series, which IIRC has not yet started coming out, which has a different configuration of issues pure book than the regular TPBs.

*There is two versions of Crawling From the Wreckage; the one from the 90s omits pages that introduce members of the Brotherhood of Dada/showing them being recruited by Mr Nobody. The 00s version with a Brian Bolland has the missing pages restored.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.