[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw Ultimate End is still going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: Bendis.png (15KB, 939x368px) Image search: [Google]
Bendis.png
15KB, 939x368px
>mfw Ultimate End is still going
>>
File: 1348802792135.gif (2MB, 430x243px) Image search: [Google]
1348802792135.gif
2MB, 430x243px
>secret wars is still going
>>
>>77508721

Esad Ribic sucks
>>
>>77510679
HE HAD HALF A YEAR HEADS START!!!
>>
>>77510679
Not his fault they wanted to extend Secret Wars and add to his schedule since Rivic does other shit.
>>
File: 87391-38087-jim-shooter.jpg (19KB, 283x434px) Image search: [Google]
87391-38087-jim-shooter.jpg
19KB, 283x434px
>>77513065
We need to bring him back
>>
>>77508686
Haven't they already put out books that spoil stuff about Secret Wars? What makes Ultimate End any different?
>>
>>77508686
>Secret Wars Tie-In
>Spoils the end of Secret Wars
>So it can only come out after it is over

Fucking hell Benis, you can't say it's because it contradicts Secret Wars, it's not like you ever cared before that.

>>77516532
Off the top of my head, Thors spoils that Whor converts Doom's Thor army to fight against him and Siege spoils that Ben Grimm abandons his job as the Shield.
>>
>>77516504
I think if Shooter really got to see what was going on at Marvel these days he'd just have a heart attack.
>>
>>77516604
> I just read your script, where's the conclusion?
> well I took a story and split it up and stretched it to fill 6 issues in order to make it fit into a trade easily
> get out
> of the office?
> no the company
>>
>>77516532
>>77516562
Siege, Thors, and Ultimate End are under the Battleworld banner. Weirdworld #5 (under the Warzones! banner) shows the destruction of Battleworld by yet-to-be-seen forces.
>>
>>77516504
This. God, Marvel and DC would benefit from the iron-fisted tyranny of Darkse- Shooter.
>>
>>77516504
Lol, he would fire like more than half of the people working there, most of the Marvel staff is gired through nepotism and connections so rhey are comfy since they all know each other.
>>
>>77516695
It would be fucking glorious.
>>
>>77516695
I for one would enjoy if, instead of firing everybody, he just put writers to books they've proven they can manage.
For instance, Bendis? No Team books, and nothing too fantastic. Street level solos. Maybe give him a Luke Cage book, in time for the Netflix series.
Slott? If you asked me a few months ago I would've said fire him but somehow Iron Spider-Man seems to be okay. Let him stay, but keep an eye on him.
Ewing? Stick to magic books, he can't science. Give him Doctor Strange and co-writing duties if we can't get rid of Aaron's Whor without it being a PR nightmare.
>>
>>77516817
Slott is still shit. People are only sucking iron duck because it's slightly better than his previous ASM run. But three day diarrhea instead of five day diarrhea is still a pile of messy feces. Slott's dialogue is still third grader tier, his plots aren't making sense as usual, and Peter is more competent but he's still a douche with all the heart of a plastic action figure.
>>
>>77516695
Jim Shooter is one of the unappreciated heroes of comics. Whether it is ensuring people got shit done or making John Byrne having a meltdown.
>>
>>77517958
>making John Byrne having a meltdown.
explain
>>
>>77516504

What the hell has Jim even been doing all this time? He abandoned his blog ages ago.
>>
File: sunspot1.jpg (125KB, 620x900px) Image search: [Google]
sunspot1.jpg
125KB, 620x900px
>>77517991
Byrne couldn't take Shooter having such a boner for quality control and ended up doing a bunch of stupid shit like burning effigies of him at corporate parties or making him a villain when he was writing Green Lantern
>>
>>77518104

Byrne wasn't writing Green Lantern, that was from Legends, a mini-series. Also, Sunspot is a direct reference to Shooter's Starbrand character and New Universe line. Byrne actually took over as the writer for Starbrand after Shooter left and then promptly had Shooter's home town get destroyed. That's the level of petty Byrne is.
>>
>>77518145
You're right, wrong book. I forgot about him destroying Pittsburgh. In my mind John Byrne is the prototypical Chris-chan.
>>
>>77518162
Best Superman writer ever tho.
>>
>>77518196

As much as I like his Superman, he isn't the best. By far.
>>
>>77518196

Not even remotely. I'd put Busiek, Maggin, and even fucking Johns above Byrne. Casey and Kelly were pretty good.

Byrne made a lot of changes. That's primarily what he's remembered for.
>>
>>77516463
They extended Secret Wars /because/ he was taking too long. That was the entire point, they split #7 into #7 and #8. There wasn't any new script added, he was just slow.

>>77516562
They don't spoil the end, they tie-in with the issue of Secret Wars that came out the same day. It's a completely different situation.

You guys are pretty misinformed.
>>
>>77518196
His Superman failed to use most of the cool shit in Superman and poisoned the status quo for years. The man's Fantastic Four is stellar but his Superman is an embarrassment
>>
>>77516604
Shooter would be annoyed, but the sales don't lie, anon.
>>
>>77518751
No, but he'd make sure shit was out on time and wouldn't let nonsensical shit like Old Man Logan Secret Wars mini get printed.
>>
>>77516463
>Not his fault they wanted to extend Secret Wars
Except it is. They didn't actually make it any longer. Issue 7 was a double-sized issue and Ribic couldn't get it done on time, so they split it into two issues, and moved issue 8 to issue 9.
>>
>>77518145
> Byrne actually took over as the writer for Starbrand after Shooter left and then promptly had Shooter's home town get destroyed
You're underselling the level of shit Byrne did. He didn't just destroy Shooter's hometown. He had Starbrand, Shooter's self-insert, destroy his hometown himself out of his own stupidity then proceed to lose the starbrand and have other characters get it all showing themselves to be better suited to handling the power than him.

He also had Starbrand's pregnant girlfriend die in childbirth, and then have that child kill his best friends.

The complete tonal shift in Starbrand when byrne takes over is fucking crazy and I highly recommend it.
>>
>>77517711
Slott is perfectly capable of writing a good story. He actively chooses not to because Marvel prioritizes making you mad more than giving you a good story. There is hope for Slott but not under the current management.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.