[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well /co/ what's your overall consensus of this supposed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 24

File: wtf.jpg (155KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
155KB, 1280x720px
Well /co/ what's your overall consensus of this supposed and sudden change. Do you remember it spelled with an "E" or with an "A?"
>>
e
is this some trick where one half is revealing themselves as millenials or something?
>>
>>77474980
Berenstain is the proper spelling, as it's the surname of the authors.

So if that's the case, then you just exposed yourself.
>>
I remember it with an E.
Or are you from that alternate universe?
>>
>>77474963
>overall consensus
it's human error. nothing more. some publishers fucked up.
>>
>>77474963
Berenstain is a dumb last name.
>>
>Stain is very similar to Stein
>Stein is more common
>Some people mistook it for Stein
>Realization kicks in that it's Stain years later
>No one wants to admit they were wrong
>"This must be the work of an alternate universe! That's the only explanation!"
Why sound stupid when you can sound VERY stupid?
>>
>>77475146
the path to succeeding in life is to be just a bit more crazy than people think possible
>>
>>77475146
Because memes are a currency.
>>
WOW some people are fucking idiots!

What a revelation, the scales have fallen from my eyes
>>
>>77475146
>>77475169
nofunallowed.gif
>>
>>77475146
>stein is more common
Not in my country. Not in my childhood.
>>
>>77475205
you're not real
>>
>>77475209
Noooooo
>>
My theory is that it's the work of German mind-goblins.

It has the same basis as the "alternate universe" theory, it makes as much sense and it also uses supernatural elements of my choice, much like the original theory.

They liked timelines and alternate universes, I like fantasy and goblins.

Both theories have an equal amount of scientific proof.

Mind-Goblins protect the names of ancient Germania, and the Teutonic heritage of some families.

When a family is extinguished, they have the power to alter the bloodline of an existing family to make their names related to old German traditions. Everyone they ever met and came in contact with sees them as having the new, mutated bloodline, and nobody remembers them having a different name.

Some details remain unchanged, so Mind-Goblins prefer similar names so they can attribute the old version of the name to mistaken spelling,

Therefore instead of changing the bloodline of Habdull Hamed and make him "Matt Gruber" they chose the Berenstein family, already having German heritage, and changed the name to Berenstain, an old family whose bloodline was in peril, to please their supernatural masters of Eldritch Germania.

Stay with me next time, when I explain how UFOs are arks of ghosts who couldn't reach the afterlife.
Or are Vampire Angels from the Hollow Earth.

Or some other shit.
It makes just AS MUCH sense anyway.

People like to stick to ONE supernatural explanation for things that are unexplainable naturally, but really when you say "let's throw empiricism out of the window for a minute and theorize freely" anything goes.

And none of it is knowledge.

So remember: Berenstain might be the work of parallel timelines, just as much as as it could be caused by Mind-Goblins, just as much as it can be caused by the Devil, or the lost people of Atlantis.

We don't know for sure. It can't be disproven.

Some say that Berenstain is very easy to confuse with Berenstein, so many people confused them. But that's just insane.
>>
>>77475239
kobolds?
>>
For the people on /co/ who don't check in on /x/ every once in a while...

Mandela Effect is a bunch of people refusing to believe that they don't remember something accurately and therefore we must be in an alternate universe.

The most common "proof" for this is several people remembering Berenstain instead of Berenstein, Nelson Mandela dying in prison in the early 90s, Curious George having a tail, "Mirror mirror on the wall...." instead of "Magic Mirror on the wall....", the quote from field of dreams saying "he" instead of "they", and Billy Graham having a televised funeral.

http://mandelaeffect.com/major-memories

Yes, people really believe that they are special snowflakes to shifting timelines
>>
File: 1446772493158.jpg (53KB, 512x368px) Image search: [Google]
1446772493158.jpg
53KB, 512x368px
>>77475178
>>
>>77475061
Okay, but why so many? So many major publishers, television guides, articles, etc. I refuse to believe ALL of them acted on the same mistake regardless of human error.
>>
>>77475245
I believe Kobolds are from another country, he's thinking of Gremlins.
>>
>>77475273
Refer to >>77475146
>>
>>77475258
I occasionally read the comments there for entertainment/frustration (it always shifts from one to the other); I like how the woman who runs this site finds a way to agree with damn near every new "Mandela Effect" someone mentions.

>I totally agree it used to be spelled "dilemna," I know for a FACT I used that word all the time in papers for school and was never corrected.
>I agree chartreuse used to be what burgundy is now; my mother was an artist and I was exposed to colors ALL THE TIME, I know ALL the colors
>I agree it was "mirror mirror" in Snow White, my uncle totally worked at Disney and therefore totally would have immediately corrected me if I casually mentioned a line from some random movie he probably didn't even work on and got it slightly wrong!

I see she's recently been mentioning the possibility of selling Mandela Effect merchandise. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was her plan all along, and she's just been agreeing with gullible commenters to string them along and get them invested in her dumbass website/"theory."
>>
>>77475038
No no no, it's only the surname of the authors in THIS universe. In the universe that this one spun off from, their surname was "Berenstein."
>>
>>77475298
I don't agree with the parallel universe theory, that's just too absurd. What if this is an experiment? Mass editing maybe? I mean tell me something that doesn't sound right to you? Memories aren't affected then what the hell is going on?
>>
>>77475305
> when /x/ has a mandela effect thread, I sometimes try to see if I can push a memory on any loose screws.
> Tell them that Terri Schiavo not only woke up but wrote a book too
>>
>>77475326
You're not very bright, are you?
>>
>>77475327
Has it worked?
>>
>>77475338
Not thus far
>>
>>77475337
Fine, what do you propose? I'm just spit balling here. Do you have any explanation? It doesn't have to be sound.
>>
>>77475349
Not that Anon but
People remember things wrong all the time, and only a few are willing to admit it.
>>
>>77475258
There was one guy in a mandela thread that says he lost his sister in the shifted timeline
>>
>>77474963
Cut this Reddit tier shit out it's not funny or interesting in the slightest
>>
I have a collection of disney "read along" books from my childhood that I adored, my favourites being "the fox and the hound" and "Lady and the tramp". They are small books that hold a 33.3 record in their sleeve which narrates the story as you read, perfect for young ones. It plays a chime effect to tell you when to turn the page.

Well I also have the Snow White book and record. In it, the evil queen says "Mirror Mirror on the wall" both in the book and on the record.

These are officially licensed disney products.
>>
It was Burnstein.
>>
>>77475426
When were the books made?
>>
It's pronounced Fronkensteen
>>
>>77475447
mid 70s to early 80s.
The books themselves don't have dates on but the snow white record says it was pressed 1979.
>>
>>77475469
The original film was from 1937
I don't know why but when people saw that film, everyone seemed to hear it as Mirror Mirror and not Magic Mirror I mean, I guess 30's theaters didn't have great audio quality. Within 4 decades, it's safe to assume people who misheard it later got jobs at Disney and just continued the trend. I mean, Walt was dead by the 70's so it's not like he was there to correct them.
>>
>>77475531
It's also Shrek's fault
>>
>>77475146
There's a guy on /x/ that claimed every one of his friends + Wikipedia said a film he saw in the 1970s came out in the 1980s and then after he investigated, everyone now says "1970s". So obviously the Matrix updated the glitch.

Oh, /x/, you never fail to amuse me.
>>
>>77475239
Except "stein" is more Germanic than "stain".
>>
>40 replies
>no mentioning of Jews

Is /pol/ on vacation?
>>
>>77475309
>>77475326
>>77475349
The explanation is that they have a name that's spelled weird and people read it wrong. Most people are only barely literate anyway, especially children.
>>
>>77476279
theyre too busy with france, duh.
>>
File: 4L_5kSjrdG3.gif (924KB, 376x272px) Image search: [Google]
4L_5kSjrdG3.gif
924KB, 376x272px
Everyone pronounced it Bernstein. Therefore they think it's spelled that way. I don't get why ppl are still arguing over this autism.
>>
File: 1443565767961.gif (814KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1443565767961.gif
814KB, 300x225px
>>77475719
>The Matrix got a patch update
>>
>>77474980
Mandela Effect

We're witnessing information from one universe cross over into ours.
>>
>>77475146
>>77475061
>>77475096
>>77475258
>>77475305
>>77477697
It's just people misreading things, we've all done it. I used to read "Vaporware" as "Vaporware".
>>
>>77474963
I don't care
>>
>>77474980
>commentators use dates ranging from the early 1980s to the early 2000s
Unless you're over 35 or under 15, you're a millennial.
>>
File: angry merchant.jpg (42KB, 920x613px) Image search: [Google]
angry merchant.jpg
42KB, 920x613px
If you want to feel really freaked out for a long time, read this thread on alt.history.net. It's someone writing a timeline in which Eisenhower makes a flub and he's replaced with Walt Disney on the Republican ticket. Disney does not send the troops to Little Rock in 1955 and hires Joseph McCarthy's people.

By the 1960's, we're getting a /pol/ tier race war with Malcolm X-inspired terrorists suicide bombing Disney World. Also, Goldwater and Nixon are relative liberals. It sounds crazy but the guy writes it so convincingly in character it sounds real.

>
Further proof of the capitalist tendency towards corruption of the political system can be seen by the American Presidential election of 1952. Anti-union businessman Walt Disney ran against Governor Adlai Stevenson of Illinois. After accepting the nomination of his slightly less odious political organization, Stevenson commented that a man known best for creating a cartoon mouse was hardly qualified to lead such a powerful nation. Rather than respond directly to these accusations, Disney exploited his workers to create fascist propaganda, which he then placed in every movie theater in the country. Also, his financial influence over the news media was enormous, and he leveraged this influence to undermine the independence of editorial pages across the country, and slant supposedly "objective" news coverage in a manner favorable to him.

-University essay by "Laura B.", recovered from her psychiatric file in 1980 during a class-action suit against the government on behalf of hundreds of former college students committed to asylums under the 1960s mental hygiene acts.
>>
File: reddit in one image.png (123KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
reddit in one image.png
123KB, 360x480px
>>77478326

Millennial is such a bullshit term. I prefered Gen X/Y.
>>
>>77478951
I remember reading that. It's one of the best alt histories I've ever read.
>>
>>77478984
Gen Y doesn't even make sense aside from Y coming after X. They called it X because of the unknown factor, much like how baby boomers are referred to as such because they were born in the post-WW2 baby boom. Millennial makes sense, people born close to the new millennium.
>>
>>77479037

Millenial is very broad, though. And there's less shared cultural experiences.

I grew up on dialup but I'm in the same group with someone born after WOW came out.
>>
Man, who gives a flop. Start posting humorous fake Berenstain Bears book covers.
>>
Here, I'll start.
>>
I still don't understand how a children's book relate to parallel universes
>>
>>77482092
Makes perfect sense to stoners with too much time on their hands.
>>
>>77475305
>mirror mirror
I've never actually watched that movie, but the popular meme is "mirror mirror" but the actual quote is something different, I can accept that.
>>
Memory is fallible, and we don't actually process all the letters in a word when we read it. We assume. It's how the brain works.

This is just shitty hypercrisis for ignorant normies.
>>
File: 640.jpg (46KB, 640x259px) Image search: [Google]
640.jpg
46KB, 640x259px
>>77482092
The theory goes that people who remember it as Betenstein come from a different timeline.
>>
>>77482418
And they accept that over the fact that someone just typed it differently?
>>
>>77475258
>Curious George having a tail
You mean he didn't have a tail?!
>>
File: 1444330482000.jpg (802KB, 848x848px) Image search: [Google]
1444330482000.jpg
802KB, 848x848px
>you aren't real
why even think, for I cannot be?
>>
>>77478951
Is that the best althist you can do?

Come on nigga, step it up:

http://wiki.alternatehistory.com/doku.php/timelines/that_wacky_redhead
>>
>>77482418
>Betenstein

NO
NO
NOT AGAIN
We already have overlap with one parallel universe
>>
>>77482215
Yeah, that seems to be the truth behind it.

Also I've heard the original fairytale (or translations/adaptations?) actually does have "mirror mirror." SHOCKINGLY, the Disney movie is not the first or only Snow White thing out there, and people could've heard or read it somewhere else.
>>
>>77474963
...What, are they Jews now?
>>
>>77479542
Growing up with Internet in the house sets us apart from those who are born with smartphones in their hands and those born before they could grow up with the Internet. The next generation has yet to be defined as they have entered the work force.
>>
>>77482579
Technically if you were born before 2001, you didn't "grow up" with smartphones (considering kids get a smartphone at the age of 5 now)
>>
>>77477876
Where are those fuckers fixing the Politician A.I.?
>>
>>77483349
I'm pretty sure Trump and etcetera is emergent behavior
>>
File: areyouawizard.jpg (39KB, 200x262px) Image search: [Google]
areyouawizard.jpg
39KB, 200x262px
>>77474963
>Remember the Sprout schedule flipping through channels as ein
>Accept ein and dismiss the discussion as the foggy misrememberings of others who haven't seen the show in a decade
>Look through old child books months later
>"The Berenstain Bears Go To The Doctor"
>ain
>Not really sure of anything anymore
>>
File: i dunno.jpg (640KB, 2059x1826px) Image search: [Google]
i dunno.jpg
640KB, 2059x1826px
Not /co/ related but what other things seem altered to you?
>>
>>77483891
There are no Chic-fil-As in my area so I never had this issue
>>
File: x.png (352KB, 600x457px) Image search: [Google]
x.png
352KB, 600x457px
>ITT
>>
>>77476825
Next you'll be telling me jet fuel can melt steel beams.
>>
>>77482418
What I have found is everyone who is a Bernsteiner is very fucking strange compared to most berstainers. Convergences are more likely then you think. glad to be alive still and and Bersteiner.

1 ticket to crazy town please. Just trying to get back home.
>>
I was under the impression that the 'stein' or 'stain' thing was a massive printing error.

Didn't read all of the thread by the way.
>>
>>77474980
What do millennial have to do with this.
>>
File: TheDress_elitedaily1-800x400.jpg (75KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
TheDress_elitedaily1-800x400.jpg
75KB, 800x400px
>>77483891
Never forget.
>>
>>77484227
cone/rod damage due to age and bad genetics. HO HO HO! MERRY XMAS
>>
>>77484227
HOW IS THIS BLACK AND BLUE
>>
>>77474963
I had a friend in middle school whose last name was Berensen

This one bully called him Berenstein after the books

I swear to christ it WAS Berenstein Bears
>>
>>77484180
I'd guess that the bears are a more pre-millenial thing. Many gen x-ers may remember them from before they learned to read, and probably never paid attention to the spelling, perhaps assuming it was spelled a way it is actually not. And without a screen constantly in front of their faces they may have just stuck with some assumptions without seeking confirmation. But millenials, who maybe mostly did not grow up with the book, could be being introduced to it just from this whole debate, and so are saying "of course its spelled this way. the letters are right there in front of me."
>>
Does anybody remember the junior novels they published with the Berenstæin Bears and some newer characters? Because I remember there being one where everybody fell in love at summer camp, and there was another one where they began to publish a subversive newspaper that they sneaked into the PTA-approved school newspaper.
>>
File: 1388255897762.jpg (19KB, 208x210px) Image search: [Google]
1388255897762.jpg
19KB, 208x210px
>>77484227

>explain to people that there's a perfectly logical scientific explanation to why people see different colors
>they still think everyone who doesn't see what they see is crazy or lying
>>
>>77484272
Do both photos look the same to you?
The left one is the accurate one.
The right one is "enhanced" to show what the lighting has to be in order for it to be gold and black.

Just check up in MS Paint what colour the original left is.
Clearly blue.
>>
>>77484426
I can understand that.
The dress is clearly black and blue.
The colour code is clearly blue.
Everything about it is blue.

So people saying it's gold seems like being saying the sky is fucking maroon
>>
File: tumblr_nf5vgikuzd1qa9yvvo1_1280.jpg (240KB, 764x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nf5vgikuzd1qa9yvvo1_1280.jpg
240KB, 764x720px
Why are you people so goddamn deep and investigative about this?
>>
>>77484469
People have boring shitty lives so they place undue importance on insignificant things so that they important.

Same reason why people believe in conspiracies and SJW shit.
They just want to feel special and more knowledgeable than everyone else.
>>
>>77484452
I think the reason for it wasn't even the specifics of people's eyesight, but just their assumptions looking at it.

If they thought the dress was in shadow and thus was darkened, they saw it as gold and white. If they thought it was in direct lighting that washed the colors out, as it really was, they viewed it as black and blue.
>>
>>77484558
I know, that's the reason why people see it as gold, but I'm just saying for people who see it as blue (which is correct) people saying it's gold seem fucking mental.

I mean, look at the background of the dress, it's clearly bright as fuck.
>>
>>77484426
>crazy or lying
You forgot the people that believe the difference in perceived colors comes from dimensional sliding.
>>
>>77474963
Its because theres been a temporal disturbance, and some of us can remeber it better, it was always stain you retard fucks!
>>
>>77474963

Absolutely E, there was never any question about it. In my house we called them the "Berestein Bears"
>>
>>77484505
Do you really think someone would be bored enough to go real deep into some spelling change?
>>
>>77484618
Yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c6HsiixFS8
>>
>>77484663
I love this video so much.
>>
>>77474963
It's a conspiracy.

GG or SJW? I'm not sure yet. It might also be those scumbag neutral grounders that think they so hot.
>>
>>77484584
Oh okay.

I just see a lot of people on here give convoluted explanations about individuals' rods and cones when talking about the dress. and make it seem more complicated than it is.

The hysterical freaking out from some people about: I SAW ONE COLOR BUT NOW I SEE ANOTHER, WHAT IS HAPPENING was way more than that picture probably deserved though. I didn't know which color was right at first (had 2 different people show it on different sites on the same day, each saying it was really the opposite color), so learning the correct answer wasn't surprising.
>>
File: 1447562053852.jpg (142KB, 445x598px) Image search: [Google]
1447562053852.jpg
142KB, 445x598px
>>77484697
Summon not the goblins and scarecrows by name.
>>
>>77484663
This related video made me sad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTv9dM4t_iY

Wow....
>>
File: 1433638400942.png (120KB, 244x317px) Image search: [Google]
1433638400942.png
120KB, 244x317px
>>77484618
>>
All I did was ask a simple question.

Do you remember this book series with an "A" or and "E?" Then left the implications up to yourselves.

No one told you to go full retard. I just want honest responses from memory to validate myself because suddenly shit is starting to look fuzzy and I'm not the only one noticing it.
>>
>>77479542
>I grew up on dialup but I'm in the same group with someone born after WOW came out.
No you're not.
Teenagers/kids that were born AFTER the new millennium are not millennials, they're "Generation Z"
>>
>>77484973
Truly you are the greatest prophet of our time
>>
File: slack-imgs.com-4.jpg (75KB, 600x912px) Image search: [Google]
slack-imgs.com-4.jpg
75KB, 600x912px
>>77484227
With the top of the picture I see it as muddy gold and blue, while with the top cut like in your picture, I see it as black and blue. Usually when the top part is removed people will change what they are seeing.
>>
>>77484885
I'm only 2 minutes into this video, but everyone so far is retarded.
>>
>>77484973
>of this supposed and sudden change
there's your spin right there Nancy.
>>
>>77474963
...Why would I care?
Why would ANYONE ever care?

The triviality of something like this is absolutely flooring.
What the shit?
>>
>>77485145
No shit Sherlock. I was writing that in my own perspective, what I viewed to be correct through my eyes.
>>
>>77485184
If you didn't care you wouldn't have responded to this thread
>>
>>77485188
ur eyes suk
>>
>>77478326
FINALLY I'M GOOD AT SOMETHING
>>
File: black and blue.jpg (121KB, 686x912px) Image search: [Google]
black and blue.jpg
121KB, 686x912px
Reproducible HEX colour codes.

The whole thing is bullshit.
>>
Grey, gray, Poh-tay-toh poh-tah-toh.
Some publishers had an e while some others had an a. Is it really this big of a deal?
>>
>>77475348
You'll get them someday, anon.
>>
>>77475258
>Curious George

Where IS his tail? Holy shit.
>>
File: 1447366398600.jpg (19KB, 239x207px) Image search: [Google]
1447366398600.jpg
19KB, 239x207px
>>77484227
>>77484426
How did this even get national news when the girl literally posted another picture of the dress on Tumblr THAT SAME NIGHT under different lighting and it was black/blue.
>>
>>77485514
Apparently he's never been drawn with one, because in his first story he appeared with a group of other monkeys, and pages full of tailed monkeys were considered too heavy and confusing of a clusterfuck for a picture book.
>>
>>77485564
Because people didn't read all that and somewhere along the line the story got changed to "some people see this as X and others see it as Y. What do ~YOU~ see it as?"

The inclusion of the observer to share their opinion is what causes all the vocal retards to come out and share their dumb opinions.
>>
>Clearly remember them saying stain in the old cartoon theme song
>Look up theme song
>I was right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjXiIZYsGJY
Where's your conspiracy now chums!?
>>
>>77485637
Man, the Berenstain Bears design didn't translate to animate that well.

Or I dunno, the whole song and dance is just creepy in general.
>>
>>77485564
Because why have logic enter the conversation when knee-jerk response is so much more interesting?
>>
>>77485700
This is the entire reason /pol/ exists.
>>
>>77483248
you can literally give a smartphone to a baby now just to keep them quiet for a few minutes

they're fascinated by them (just like their parents) because they're the focus of such attention, as well as being totemic magic boxes

i would guess in about 15-20 years that generation will either be incapable of conceiving of a world without on-demand everything, or will have largely tried to move away from the intrusive insistence on techno
>>
File: highasfuck.jpg (98KB, 503x526px) Image search: [Google]
highasfuck.jpg
98KB, 503x526px
>>77486348
that's like saying there are false flag gun events that actually drive up gun sales.
>>
What really surprises me about this berenstain shit is how many people apparently grew up reading and treasuring stories about some hill billy bears. Clearly I must come from a completely different universe where the series didn't make a significant impact and nobody even knew what they were called until we all moved to this universe where apparently everyone is obsessed with it.
>>
>>77475440
no it wasn't
>>
>>77487433
its prob the tv show, and didn't get the publicity online until someone started seeing what doesn't match to them
>>
>>77485637
I never watched the cartoon. I didn't know there was one. Had plenty of the books though, my parents read them alousto me and I learned to read with them. We pronounced it 'stein' but O also grew up in a very German area with last names that ended in 'stein', so we probably were not paying super close attention.
>>
>>77485637
>conspiracy
You're failing to understand what it is people are trying to suggest with this whole meme. They aren't saying that someone secretly changed the name, they believe that REALITY ITSELF has changed and all occurrences of "Berenstein" were changed to "Berenstain". These people believe that they came from a universe where it was always Berenstein and somehow crossed over into the current universe.

dumb /x/-tier shit tbqh smdh
>>
I swear to god, people who come up with these alternate universe theories are stuck so far up their own ass.
>>
>>77489424
You do realize most of them are just doing it for fun and don't actually believe this shit right?
>>
>>77489440
lamest roleplay ever
>>
File: 1436044500674.png (229KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1436044500674.png
229KB, 400x300px
>>
File: 1436047045335.png (741KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1436047045335.png
741KB, 960x720px
>>
>>77474963

With an "e", but it's been fucking ages since I've seen any of the books so that may be influenced by what I've seen of this controversy elsewhere.
>>
>>77487433
>>77488281
I don't think I ever had interest in the Berenstain Bears books and I don't remember ever reading one, but I was always aware of their presence alongside other popular children's books, like Richard Scarry's stuff. Maybe I'm old.
>>
I come from a universe wherein Nelson Mandela is dead
>>
>>77479037
Gen Y makes sense as in Gen Why, relating to the how widespread being jaded and apathetic has become.
>>
>>77489738
Yeah, but that's not why people started calling it "gen Y".
>>
>>77489018
I just call them conspiracy theories because really they're all the same song and dance in my eyes.
>>
>>77479542
You're not in that same group. Those kids born after WoW haven't reached anything resembling young adulthood.

>>77483248
It's not about being born after 2001 it's about reaching young adulthood around the year 2000. It's Gen Y but with a better name. Gen Z is going to be those born around 2000. They will get their own name. The Meme generation? Generation Now? The Last Generation? The Beautiful Ones?
>>
i remember it being inconsistent as a kid.. and teachers pronounced either spelling in different ways
>>
>>77475719
that happened with toy story. few people remember it coming out in the early 2000s before it glitched back to the 90s where it made no sense to be
>>
>>77490548
Few people remember Hitler running naked in New York during the Great Depression, but me and my friend remember it perfectly. Yet the media would have you believe it never happened.
Pretty crazy.

Now if you'll excuse me I have an institution to go back to, and some pills to take before they tie me to my bed.
>>
>>77490548
>>77490653
People will tell you they don't remember when people used to say dickety, but we had to say dickety because the kaiser had stolen our word twenty. I tried to chase him to get it back, but had to give up after dickety two miles.
>>
File: theychangeditatsomepointisall.jpg (142KB, 1016x642px) Image search: [Google]
theychangeditatsomepointisall.jpg
142KB, 1016x642px
>>
>>77491002
Can you just digress from your prepared remarks and tell us how you invented the terlet already?
>>
>>77487433
I read the books as a very young child, and kept them with me for a long time, but I still don't exactly treasure the franchise. I was amazed so many people were even aware of it when this joke caught on. Figured most would have only been exposed to it 10 years ago when those SomethingAwful cover edits were still being reposted.
>>
>>77484227
This was a pretty good unintentional social experiment.
Anyone who didn't immediately see blue and black seemed to lack critical awareness and possibly empathy.
>>
>>77474963
E
>>
>>77491774
I very distinctly remember having to read the books when I was younger, and I remember there being a Nintendo 64 game for the franchise. I remember that game because my local McDonalds had a video game station, and the only one that didn't have a broken controller was the one with that video game. I still played it because the play area was fucking gross and listening to my mother and aunt gossip about my father and uncle was awful.
>>
>>77491728
"Terlet"?? Ya mean one uh them fancy indoor poopin' chairs?
>>
>>77474963
Mistake made by americans spelling shit wrong.
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.