[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Dredd go from pretty slim to being a beefcake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: first dredd.png (204KB, 413x562px) Image search: [Google]
first dredd.png
204KB, 413x562px
Why did Dredd go from pretty slim to being a beefcake?
>>
Because he went from the 70s ideal action hero figure to the 90s ideal action hero figure.
>>
Everyone's got to start out somewhere.
>>
>>77456615
I wonder how often they need to issue him with a new uniform. All that growth, not to mention wear, tear and bullet holes. Dredd is a good judge but you could probably pay for 3 others with his wardrobe budget alone!
>>
That looks like Mike McMahon's art when he was mimicking Ezquerra's style (as he was encouraged to do, IIRC.)

McMahon would go on to draw Judge Dredd in a more foreboding fashion, with bigger boots and pads, as he was beginning to develop a style of his own. This became the 'classic' Dredd look and that was continued by artists like Brian Bolland.

That's my understanding, I could be wrong.
>>
>>77456615
All that creep beating and perp punishing goes somewhere, and not just the cubes.
>>
To my eye, Dredd has usually been pretty slim however. It is just the uniform and attitude that make him appear bigger in stature.
>>
Dredd being so fucking scrawny in that first volume is hilarious

It helps with the real time aspect of things, the change in appearance. if funky winkerbean can do it
>>
File: judge dredd prog 95.jpg (381KB, 1212x1600px) Image search: [Google]
judge dredd prog 95.jpg
381KB, 1212x1600px
McMahon's bigger boots and pads here
>>
File: 2000ad_168_mcmahon.jpg (424KB, 1265x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2000ad_168_mcmahon.jpg
424KB, 1265x1600px
>>77458774
and more from mcmahon
>>
>>77458861
>>
File: judge dredd mega city_prog 172.jpg (390KB, 1285x1600px) Image search: [Google]
judge dredd mega city_prog 172.jpg
390KB, 1285x1600px
So to conclude my rambling thoughts, I don't think that Judge Dredd bulked up as much as his boots and pads did.
>>
>>77456615
He also got old.
>>
File: 1445062282324.jpg (646KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1445062282324.jpg
646KB, 1000x1000px
>>77456615
Working the streets of Mega City One for 50+ years will do that to you.

You know, assuming it doesn't just kill you.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.