[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? tfw no blue outfit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 15

What went wrong?
tfw no blue outfit
>>
Pretty much only no blue outfit. I expect it in their next appearance, though.
>>
/tv/ memed it to death
>>
Nothing. But I do hope now that they're an established team the blue outfits will be introduced. It makes sense not to have them for their initial team up.
>>
Eh, not much. Peter Quill was goofier than I think anyone wanted him to be but it's not like that was a terrible thing. Besides, he has to experience the horrors of war before becoming the sarcastic jaded motherfucker we all know and love. I also think Drax's character was a little too dumbed-down (like, literally, he's not as well-spoken as he is in the comics), but it worked well enough.

Honestly my biggest gripe was that Groot was relegated to comedic relief at time. Isn't he a brilliant scientist engineer king-of-his-people when he first shows up?

And the GotG book shittery that happened after the movies is deplorable as well, obviously.

That said, it's a really fun movie, like Ant-Man. 8/10 would watch whenever it's on TV or when I'm bored.
>>
>>77455776
>>77455846
But they were wearing blue at the end of the movie. They'll obviously have them for the next one.
As for what went wrong:
Gamora was awful. Poorly written, and poorly designed.
Ronan was killed.
DANCE OFF BRO.
Peter not really resembling any of his previous, better written incarnations.
Yet another McGuffin chase plot.
Nova Corps being made into bigger busters than even their comic representations.
THEY GOT MY DICK MESSAGE!
Introducing Bendis to the comics and that whole mess.
THESE ARE YOUR GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY.
Seriously, did they cut a line earlier in the film where someone called them that? It sounded so weird that Ronan would just say that.

I dunno, I liked it for what it was, but it definitely felt like not muh at times. I can see why Gunn was telling people that he didn't really want them to read any of the comics, Bendis or DnA, because it was his own take.
>>
Ronan wasn't space Dredd and had shitty generic alien minions instead of equally devoted Kree
>>
>>77455960
>Yet another McGuffin chase plot.
You shouldn't expect anything else until Thanos gets all the gems.
>>
>>77455776
Feige and his lackeys writing a hundred jokes in for mass appeal
Lee Pace wasted, the only reason he made more of an ''impact'' than Malekith is because of his reaction to the meme off
>>
File: red jacket.jpg (251KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
red jacket.jpg
251KB, 1600x900px
>>77455960
>>
>>77455980
But Ronan's scenery shewing was one of the best parts of the movie, he can't do that as a walking talking frown.
>>
>>77456006
Gamora, Rocket, and Drax are wearing blue.
3/5 of the team is wearing the uniform, and Groot will probably never wear it anyways (even though it looks great). They're going blue.
>>
>>77455776
But they're wearing a blue outfit at the end of the movie
>>
>>77456071
Starlord will forever use that red jacket. No blue for him.
>>
>>77456117
I'm more pissed about his helmetless mask.
>>
File: 08.jpg (85KB, 800x425px) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
85KB, 800x425px
>>77456324
>>
>>77456324
I was just hoping something would hit him on the head, and knock him out. Then he'd put the top part on.
>>
File: images.jpg (101KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
101KB, 720x1080px
What went right?
>>
>>77455776

I thought it was the strongest Marvel movie in terms of writing. It felt much more organic than any other project. But it fell short a couple of times.

Ending was very much an asspull.

Gamora wasn't a generic love interest but that came at the cost of her doing anything consequential.

Drax's schtick of being damn near autistic got old.
>>
>>77456648

The costume for sure. The fact that it wasn't as self--deprecating as the trailers suggested.
>>
>>77455776

I fucking loved it.
>>
>>77455960
You forgot a-hole
>>
>>77457128
>a-hole guy dies
>>
>>77455960
>Peter not really resembling any of his previous, better written incarnations

God I'm so sick of hearing this. You clearly didn't pay attention to the movie, nor have you read enough Quill if you think Peter bore no resemblance to Englehart, Claremont, and DnA's versopms of the character.
>>
>>77455776
was ok. less tumblr gayness the next time.
>>
>>77457548
Nani?
>>
>>77456648
ANTS!
>>
>>77457494
I've read all three versions of him, and I feel like movie Quill just amplified the wrong aspects of the comics, and that resulted in an inferior product. You can see shades of the earlier stuff in there, but it wasn't translated well.
>>
>>77455960
>But they were wearing blue at the end of the movie. They'll obviously have them for the next one.
I'm kind of pissed that they made the Star-Lord sunburst symbol be associated with the Ravagers. Now what are the guardians going to use as their symbol?
>>
>>77458017
It basically wound up being a more humor based han solo with a mask.
>>
I don't understand why Gamora didn't have her dark circle things around her eyes. Ignoring any bullshit about wanting her to look exactly like the comics or whatever, it helps keep her visually distinct and more obviously a different kind of alien than Drax.
>>
File: I don't wike it.gif (937KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
I don't wike it.gif
937KB, 245x245px
>>77458017
>I feel like movie Quill just amplified the wrong aspects of the comics
Well then you can replace you previous "Peter not really resembling any of his previous, better written incarnations" comment with "I don't wike it!" and piss off.
>>
>>77458023
Not only am I mad about that, but I still don't know why there's a little piece of it missing. Just make it solid.
>>
>>77458107
My amplifying different parts of him so radically, he becomes a different character that is less interesting.
>>
For some inexplicable reason they were wearing red and clothing they would otherwise be wearing normally
>>
>>77457034
It wasn't deprecating at all, he simply is Ant-Man
>>
>>77456025
This, Ronan was amazing
>>
>>77458357
Too bad he got killed off
>>
Gamora was waaaaay too weak any jobber from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. could have taken her easy and she's meant to be the deadliest assassin in the galaxy
>>
>>77455776
I'm glad that they didn't go with blue outfits since the red outfits were Ravager uniforms, which opens up to blue/white or blue/red for their own team.
At least... I hope that's what the director is going for.
>>
>>77455776
Gamora was the worst character and worst actor.
>>
>>77455776
Rocket, Groot, Yondu and Drax were all great.
They carried this film.

Everything else sat between "alright" and "wasted"
>>
>>77455960
>not liking dick message
>>
File: STARLORD2014001cov.jpg (221KB, 1200x1821px) Image search: [Google]
STARLORD2014001cov.jpg
221KB, 1200x1821px
>>77455776
Movie was great but gave us this shit here
>>
>>77455960
The dance off really pissed me off not because it was goofy but because Ronan died the worst way possible with very little development in the movie for himself.
>>
>>77456648
Everything except that shrink gun that he never used again.

Green Goblin's skeleton bomb comes to mind.
>>
>>77459415
>
I love it you idiot.
>>
>>77460991
>bendis memelord
Shit taste.
>>
>>77460932
>that shrink gun that he never used again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Mwr1-dWJ4

1:15
>>
>>77461049
Typical anti-Bendis brigade. You guys are the worst of the worst. Always crying because Marvels best writer is reinvigorating comics with his top selling stories. I bet you guys are the same idiots crying about the X-men too. Well too bad, his X-men run is highly praised everywhere else like reddit, and will go down as one of the best. Issue 600 took old and boring characters and reinvigorated them into a new progressive age. You guys need to catch up instead of staying stuck in the past.

And there is nothing you can do to stop the Bendis train, lol.
>>
>>77456347
Christ that third one looks great.
>>
>>77461119
Nice pasta.
>>
That movie is the gayest shit I've seen in recent years. Trumps even Prometheus. A tall fucking order.
>>
>>77461099
I'd like to think that the tank only had like little to no gas. Can't explain the whole mass conversion thing because PYM PARTICLES, SON.
>>
>>77456347
>>77461178
Second and third one, but I doubt he'd use the mask onscreen for more than three scenes.
>>
>>77461350

The room they needed to get to was on the upper floor. They couldn't drive the tank up there. it only makes sense as an escape device.
>>
>>77458149
And what incorrect parts did they amplify so radically?
>>
File: 74d.jpg (21KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
74d.jpg
21KB, 600x600px
>>77461119
>>
>>77461321
What was wrong with it, anon?
>>
>>77461396
>I doubt he'd use the mask onscreen for more than three scenes.
Yeah I hate how the MCU hates helmets. Thor doesn't have one, Cap keeps "losing" his, and we have to take a peek inside Tony's whenever he makes a quip. One of my favorite things about Ant-Man was that he had to keep the fucking helmet on.
>>
>>77461571

Spider-Man started this
>>
>>77456648
Everything.
>>
File: Md42npB.jpg (134KB, 783x951px) Image search: [Google]
Md42npB.jpg
134KB, 783x951px
>>77461396
He could use one like this
>>
>>77461613
I hated this about Spiderman 3. He must have had the mask on for about 10-15 combined minutes.
>>
>>77458577
He's not dead permanently, yeah? Infinity Gems are coming into play and Thanos might bring him back to torture him or something.
>>
Really wish they went with the official uniforms at the end.

Also...the film ruined Groot by turning him into a retard meme character. I guess general audiences can't accept an intelligent character who can only say a few words.
>>
>>77462263
Are you implying he was unintelligent?
>>
Ronan being a fanatic was so unnecessary. In the comics he's a lawman and in the film, the Guardians are a band of escaped prisoners. it would have been simpler for the Kree to find out there are escaped prisoners from the Kyle in their space and dispatch Ronan to investigate. That fits really well together while opening up the chance for Ronan to be a hero in the next one.
>>
>>77462153
yeah, I'm sure if he had his mask on more it would have fixed SpiderMan 3
>>
>>77462427
kek
>>
>>77462427
When did I ever imply that was the main problem of the movie? It's something from it I hated, not the entire reason it sucked.
>>
>tfw no a-hole cyborg star lord
>>
>>77456347
Awesome
>>
>>77463873
I know, right?!
>>
>>77464767
>>
>>77464786
>>
>>774558635
/tv/ is a cesspool. The less attention you pay to it the better off you will be.
>>
>>77456006
>>77455960
>But they were wearing blue at the end of the movie

Only seen this movie once and I thought I dreamt that part.

Gamora looks weird without the pants and I think I can see her left boob's nipple.

Quill needs to lose the red, he's not a Ravager anymore, he needs to ditch it, mostly blue looks better on Star-Lord.

I also hope they give up on being outlaws and just become full blown Guardians, and for James to have their base of operations be out of Knowhere.
>>
File: Novalord02.png (284KB, 858x686px) Image search: [Google]
Novalord02.png
284KB, 858x686px
>>77456324
Honestly I am kind of glad he got the mask back because that look is unique to him, also after Mcniven shat on it and Bendis saying it wasn't coming back it's kind of a small victory too.

But yeah the helmet made him look more militaristic and regal in a way, according to these pages >>77456347 the helmet wasn't used because combined with the mask it made him "look like a villain" also James Gunn said in his facebook that the helmet wasn't going to make an appearance in the movie but Gunn has also changed his mind before so...
>>
>>77462427
Yes.
>>
>>77466333
Gunn did say he's set on not including Nova in the sequel, so I wouldn't count on him changing his mind anytime soon.
>>
From someone who loves the shit out of this movie....

Gamora. Absolutely Gamora.

It's not that she was entirely useless or didn't supply some good jokes, but her entire character was pretty much bullshit.

She's supposed to the the most dangerous woman in the galaxy/universe (forget which) and while this may not necessarily be the case
in the film's canon, she's way too weak for what her reputation implies. I mean come on, she makes such a huge deal about the prison not being shit to her and then she promptly gets captured and dragged off by some fucking low tier scrubs and WOULD have died if Peter never showed up.

Aside from that there's her personality. Because she's a girl they tried to turn her into the voice of morality on the team... which is frankly speaking retarded.

Perhaps they wanted her to contrast with the rest of the team, I wouldn't know, but I cringe like crazy when the chick that's supposedly been murdering goons left and write is whining to Yondu about doing the right thing.

Basically the entirety of her character came off as "writing girls 101: Hollywood edition," with no actual attempts at making her a unique character or even a particular developed
character whatsoever.
>>
>>77466870
I don't think he will change his mind on things like that but IIRC he said on his facebook that he sometimes changes his mind on character designs and other minor things.
>>
>>77455776

Nothing.
>>
>>77468783
>She's supposed to the the most dangerous woman in the galaxy/universe (forget which) and while this may not necessarily be the case
in the film's canon, she's way too weak for what her reputation implies.

Oh god this and then there's you know who always having her jobbing to bad guys and cry (despite not having her tear ducts anymore) in the comics almost all the time.
>>
Goddamit you're all faggots

Post more of those pink qt alien creatures that Starlord fucked a lot of.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.