[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lion Guard Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

Here are the kids behind the Lion Guard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXYBhGWbx2s

Thoughts?
>>
File: LALALALALALALA.png (353KB, 588x477px) Image search: [Google]
LALALALALALALA.png
353KB, 588x477px
>charged with protecting the land.
>assigning children to protect the land.
>>
>>77452096
Isn't that the premise of nearly every Japanese RPG in existence?
>>
>>77451969
Holy shit this looks terrible and where the fuck was the lion guard when the hoodrat lions was ransacking pride rock in lion king 2?
>>
>>77451969
What's wrong with the bird's voice actor? Is he a 23 year old manlet?
>>
>>77451969
The animation on this show looks so dodgy, it's very off putting. That and the shadowing textures, they remind me of that other show Disney Junior has on right now about pirates.

All in all I see this show either being hit and miss, or a huge disaster.
>>
Fuli doesn't even match the art style of The Lion King. What a load of shit this is gonna be.
>>
>>77452235
It's set in the future and we don't see New Lion anywhere so I assume they were all killed by actual threats.
>>
>>77452656
It's set in the middle of The Lion King 2, Kiara is still a cub in this
>>
>>77452923
I meant Lion King 2 is in the future of Lion Guard.

I assumed they were going to do it after Lion King 2 and the continuity wasn't fucked but that would be too easy I guess.
>>
>>77452923
So then, what exactly will be their excuse for why he's gone in the future?
>>
>>77453030
Either this show is going to get dark and he's going to end up getting killed, or he leaves the Pride Lands
>>
>>77453076
Is their an image anywhere of how Kiara looks in the new series?
>>
>Kiara still a cub

I'm disappointed. This makes Kion not showing up in Lion King 2 make no sense at all. They could have easily had this take place after the events in LK2 but this is just stupid.

Aside from that I'm also kind of disappointed they decided to go the "cute, gentle giant" route with the hippo. I'd really like to see more big scary vicious hippos in media but for some reason cartoons always make them friendly and kind of dopey looking. They are silly looking animals but they're dangerous and scary as hell.
>>
>>77453110
She was in the fucking video idiot.
>>
>>77453076
>he leaves the Pride Lands
It's going to be this, or never addressed. It's pretty normal for adolescent lions to leave their prides, so it makes enough sense for him to split once he hits puberty.

He'll probably go on a journey with his friends to go help animals in need, or to find himself or something.
>>
>>77451969
Making Kiara a cub wasn't the best idea. Now either this kid dies or he runs off.
And he was most definitely not around when she was a cub in the film.
>>
Why do they shout African (?) phrases before doing shit?
>>
>>77453145
My, my, aren't we in a bad mood today?
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 250x202px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 250x202px
>>
>>77453221
So that they can pretend it's educating children about culture in some way, I guess. It's really jarring because other stuff in the Lion King franchise really doesn't do this. Sure, they had hakuna matatta and maybe one or two other phrases come up, but it felt much more natural than the way these kids just shout it seemingly at random.
>>
>>77451969
Simba and Kiara look fucking ridiculous with that artstyle. Kion also sounds like a complete Mary Sue. This will be shit.
>>
Why is it Kion can talk to his dead grandfather that he never even met? In Lion King, Simba talking to Mufasa's ghost was made out to be this big thing that only happened once and was pretty touching and it could only happen because Mufasa had this direct connection to Simba and lived on through him. But in the Lion Guard promo stuff that's out it's kind of looking like Mufasa is just going to pop in and out every once in a while to give Kion advice, probably about mundane shit and not the existential crisis Simba was facing that one time. And it's especially weird because, again, Mufasa is not even really a part of Kion's life.
>>
>>77453601
Agree. Even when Rafiki talks to him, it's only a breeze that he understands cause he's magic and shit.
>>
>>77453221
>>77453309
It's weird because you get the impression that the lion characters don't actually speak or understand Swahili (both in the movie and the sequel they ask for an explanation for phrases), so it's not like that's what we're supposed to implicitly accept they speak but it's just "translated" into English for the audience's benefit. Rafiki seems to speak Swahili, but what about the others? It'd also be weird for them all to speak English too, so do they have some animal language or something? How does the language in this franchise work?
>>
>>77453203
It's not like Zira and the Scar loyalists were in the first film either.
>>
Is this about Eddie Redmayne's self insert?
>>
>>77451969
>Hire kid voice actors
>Atticus Schaffer.

Eventually that guy is going to get tired of that.
>>
>New series and upcoming film

Wait what?
>>
?
>>
>>77454679

Disney Channel film?
>>
>>77451969
Kion has a pre-evil scar feel to him when he interacts with Kiara. It harkens back to the first scene between Scar and Mufasa.
>>
>>77453194
Actually, maybe that's the plan. Have Kion grow up slowly. Have him leave at the end of this show. Then time skip to a new series on Disney for an older audience
>>
The animation of this reminds me of the show that must not be named.
>>
So I've missed a lot, have they just retconned Lion King 2 out of existence or something?
>>
>>77458888
happens between 1 and 2, which just raises further questions
>>
>>77456876
I've been hoping for a show for an older audience since the sequel. I don't think it's in the marketing cards.
>>
>>77453076

I'd watch the show if I knew he died
>>
>Kion

I bet someone misspelled the word "lion" and just said "fuck it, use this for the MC's name!".
>>
File: Something something Pepe.png (142KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
Something something Pepe.png
142KB, 640x464px
>>77451969
>That autistic kid from that show about poor people that only continues exists because it comes on before/after Modern Family
Ugh
>>
>>77460483
apparently it means born of the yew; well born, noble
>>
>>77458888
Kion and Kopa probably got eaten off-screen.
>>
>>77460984
Apparently all of Simba's male kids decided to just fuck off. Which makes it even more hilarious when even his only daughter runs away.
>>
>>77461323
More like Simba chased them off. Male lions when old enough will be expelled from the pride so has not to compete with their father. They will wonder off looking for another pride of lions. They will try to usurp the original male and take control of the pride. Sometimes brothers will stick together and co rule a pride. See Mufasa and Scar, plus two against one. The new male(s) will kill all the old male's cubs and get to work knocking up his/their new harem of lionesses.
>>
>>77458888
>>77459195
At the very least, maybe it'll explain why the Hyena's ran off before 2.
>>
>>77451969
>he has the power of the roar
HE IS DOVAH!

But seriously, animation looks not that great and kinda cheap.
I do wonder how the story will play out. If anything, they probably wont even pay attention to it
>>
>>77461620
he learned how to roar like tiger, because a lion's roar sounds nowhere near like a tiger's
>>
>>77454021
I've seen theories that the lions represent white people, so in that context it makes sense they don't speak swahili.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.