[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Underground was trash, but I have to say I liked some of the designs.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: 300px-Sonia.jpg (11KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Sonia.jpg
11KB, 300x225px
Underground was trash, but I have to say I liked some of the designs.
>>
File: 1372996068333.gif (2MB, 357x238px) Image search: [Google]
1372996068333.gif
2MB, 357x238px
>>77442682
>>
I read a theory somewhere that it wasn't initially meant to be a Sonic series, but then the creators figured they could make more money by turning it into one. It would explain why the three main hedgehogs look completely different in style to the rest of the cast.
>>
File: Sonicchannel_blaze.png (226KB, 456x760px) Image search: [Google]
Sonicchannel_blaze.png
226KB, 456x760px
>>77442682
The designs were terrible, but no worse than some regular Sonic designs.
>>
>>77442682
>Finding out your waifu was voiced by a black guy

Talk about boner killers.
>>
>>77443214
>Blaze
>bad design
Don't be an ass-monkey anon
>>
>>77443214
>Talking shit about best girl
>>
>>77443473
Amy is clearly best girl; not some shitty fan character.
>>
>>77443504
>Amy
>best girl
Do you like men or something? Faggot.
>>
AoStH > Boom > OVA > SatAM > Underground > X
>>
If this series had an actual ongoing continuity, then "Sonic Underground" could be at least on par with SatAM.

But, to paraphrase my friend who marathoned the entire series once, the series is a great example of wasted potential. The concept of the show is excellent and could have been great, but they wanted to make the show so cheaply that they just gave up on putting any effort into things after the first three episodes.
>>
>>77443517
Says the anon who likes the character that literally looks like a guy.
>>
>>77443556
Wasn't the show created just because they wanted to cash in on kids as much as possible, and SatAM wasn't doing that?

I heard the reason they had a band was so they could sell their songs to kids.
>>
Why did they have Jaleel voice all three characters?
Don't get me wrong, I like his work as Sonic, but WHY
>>
File: 1416238308284.jpg (506KB, 1600x1232px) Image search: [Google]
1416238308284.jpg
506KB, 1600x1232px
>>77443160
I think that's the case for Underground, Satam, and AoStH. Watching all shows will make one realize that they weren't actually trying to be Sonic. They were more focused on getting on that 'furry environmentalist action show' trend at the time. and they were filled with original characters designed like Disney Afternoon ripoffs rather than actual Sonic characters.

Hell, even Sonic X and the Adventure games had that problem too, except instead of being too Disney they were being too anime.

I don't know why the franchise frequently strayed from "weird animals with powers fighting robots."

Pic related: Satam concept art.
>>
>>77443584
I wouldn't be too surprised, though I'd have to look into the show's production further than its Wikipedia page.

>>77443603
It cut costs.
They wrote two full episodes a week, you know. The writing process is described as being a cattle-call for writers, after which they'd pluck a few, make them write two episodes, and then throw them back into the pool.
>>
File: UG 41.jpg (32KB, 683x384px) Image search: [Google]
UG 41.jpg
32KB, 683x384px
I'll give Underground some credit: despite them never saving their foster parents and never finding the Queen, at least they actually killed Robotnik in their final episode.
>>
File: sallyconcept.jpg (283KB, 1234x1600px) Image search: [Google]
sallyconcept.jpg
283KB, 1234x1600px
>>77443633
>filled with original characters designed like Disney Afternoon ripoffs

i didn't realize how accurate this statement was until I found this

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/06/35461/
>>
File: Classic_Amy_Rose.png (114KB, 643x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Classic_Amy_Rose.png
114KB, 643x1040px
>>77443517

Amy's not best girl, but she's pretty close. She has a good combination of "cute fashion sense alongside contrasting ostentatious hair style" and "psycho stalker crushing on MC" going for her. At least she's not slut bat, or bunny loli, or racoon loli, or shirtless chipmunk princess.
>>
>>77443714
If you didn't know about the behind the scenes stuff you'd have to assume they "killed" Robotnik in the saturday morning one too.
>>
TRIPLETS BORN, THE THRONE AWAITS
>>
>>77445497
A SEER WARNS OF A DEADLY FATE
>>
File: Hotep.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Hotep.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
I AM HOTEP YOU ARE HEDGEHOGS
WE KNOW NOT EACH OTHER
BUT AMAN-RAPI SMILE ON ME
IF I HELP FIND QUEEN MOTHER
>repeat x∞
>>
>>77442682
>Underground was trash, but I have to say the theme was ballin.

FTFY

Seriously though, that dude knew that song was trash and sang his fuckin balls off anyway, I LOVE that theme just because you can tell how much fun he's having.
>>
>>77446855
WE'RE LOOKIN'
FOR A SCROLL
THAT BELONGED
TO SOME EGYPTIAN
IT'D BE NO PROMBLEMO
IF I COULD JUST
READ THESE
WEIRD ENCRYPTIONS
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.