[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, which Captain Marvel-centric tie-in was the best?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: SHA.jpg (779KB, 1964x764px) Image search: [Google]
SHA.jpg
779KB, 1964x764px
So, which Captain Marvel-centric tie-in was the best?
>>
Hard to choose. Darkseid War certainly did more interesting things with his setup but Billy himself acted almost too dickish like the writer was told something about his characterization now but hadn't read anything with new 52 Billy. It went overboard with it. Convergence had better characterization but the plot itself was kind of boring. I think I might even like Thunderworld better.
>>
File: CapOct2014-dc42f.jpg (189KB, 900x1001px) Image search: [Google]
CapOct2014-dc42f.jpg
189KB, 900x1001px
haven't read the latest one, but between Thunderworld and Convergence, It's a close one, but I like Convergence a bit more it offered a lot more from Captain Marvel's universe in terms of villains and supporting characters. But Thunderworld is a close second. I still want to read the Darkseid War tie-in.
>>
>>77436251
Darkseid War tie-in was storytimed here >>77384416
>>
>>77436116
Thunderworld but I wouldn't call it a tie in, more like a one shot that shares continuity to the Multiversity 2 issue story.
>>
>>77436284
Oh sweet. Thanks anon.
>>
>>77436208
>but Billy himself acted almost too dickish
I heard that. Billy didn't actually have a single meaningful line of dialogue in that issue.

Everything he said basically boiled down to, "Shut up, this is stupid." Like every kid that thinks they're too cool for fantasy and fairy tales.
>>
>>77436208
Billy is kind of a dick in the Nu52, but at the same time, he was being dicked around by the Gods in the Darkseid War tie-in, so him mouthing off didn't come off as going too overboard to me.
>>
>>77436322
Fair enough. I was just annoyed by him by the end of it though, not enough that I regretted reading (as the story did plenty good besides that) but probably enough that I wouldn't want to buy a full ongoing like that. As >>77436319 mentions, he felt kind of generic.
>>
>>77436116
Gotta go with Thunderworld. Why is Billy so great?
>>
>>77436560
Oh I'll agree that Billy was pretty much carried from one scene to the next, without much going on for himself, but his reactions never grated on me, personally.
>>
>>77436601
Because Captain Marvel is the greatest idea for a superhero ever

Little boy says a magic word and transforms into what is essentially a god. It's no wonder he was more popular than Superman for a time, kids didn't have to wish they could grow up to be Captain Marvel. They just had to say a word
>>
>>77436733
DC really needs to figure out a way to market Captain Marvel propely. He needs a comeback.
>>
File: 1432716803447.jpg (902KB, 1179x897px) Image search: [Google]
1432716803447.jpg
902KB, 1179x897px
I really liked the Multiversity issue, but anyone who includes this little guy in a story makes it even more difficult to choose
>>
File: captain marvel.jpg (323KB, 1032x1427px) Image search: [Google]
captain marvel.jpg
323KB, 1032x1427px
>>77436116
can someone help me with captain marvel reading order?
im reading the whiz comics but it has somtimes continuity with th captain marvel adventures and will probably tie in with the marvel family later.this is confusing.
>>
>>77436116

Convergence did more interesting things with Batson's cast, like the Kull & Mr Mind moment.
>>
>>77436116
Thunderworld > Convergence > DW Tie-in

But i liked the last one more, since it fixed a lot of the shit Johns did. It give us back 3 of the 4 things Fans of captain marvel wanted:

The wizard (even if is a filthy abo)
The pantheon
The meaning of the name

It only needs to change his name desu.
>>
>>77436733
>It's no wonder he was more popular than Superman for a time
For 3 fucking months he sold more, that doesnt mean it was more popular.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.