[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1446991282-20151107.png (57KB, 684x757px) Image search: [Google]
1446991282-20151107.png
57KB, 684x757px
I don't get it.
>>
There is nothing to get. This is gamer webcomic "it's a reference therefore it's funny" tier.
>>
>>77434702
Well, then I don't get the reference.
>>
>>77434702
what?

It's just shitty math, an incorrect proof where P=0 but can't because e to the power of 0 isn't -1.

It's like that "proof" that end in 2 equals 1 after they divide by zero
>>
>>77434733
Wait, P supposedly equals 0, but what is NP then?
>>
>>77434733
p sure the joke is that π is split into p and i anon
>>
>>77434773
NP just means not P
>>
>>77434677
Look, I used something called "Google" to research "what is P=NP".

There's even a wikipedia page, or if that's too tough for ya,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P_versus_NP_problem

try the Simple English wiki page!

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/P_versus_NP
>>
>>77434793
Why wouldn't the final term be P =/= P then?
I saw it as a double variable, not a single one.
>>
>>77434779
If you could call that a joke
>>
>>77434773
P is the set of problems whose solution can be found in polynomial time.
NP is the set of problems where a solution can be verified in polynomial time.

Saying that the question of P=NP can be answered by assuming that P and N are separate symbols is a joke that goes more than 50 years and has been beaten to death for just as long. Zach simply was too lazy to do a real comic.
>>
>>77434844
It's a reference, anon. That automatically makes it funny. Just like saying "the cake is a lie". Why aren't you laughing?
>>
For christ's sake! You must have basic/advanced knowledge of math, physics, cs, philosophy and economic. And if you don't just google it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P_versus_NP_problem
>>
When you say the solution it sounds like "Har-Dee-Har-Har".
>>
>>77434834
>>77434909
I had no idea that this was an established problem, and was google searchign the image rather than the conclusion.

Thank you for your time.
>>
As a grad math student, I didn't bother. His proof jokes are never funny.
>>
>>77434942
Np! Ahah!
>>
>>77434677
>>
>>77434845
But there's no N symbol in the proof

The joke seems to be splitting Pi into P times i but the N is just kinda slapped into the last part for no raisin
>>
>>77434895
US GAMERS
>>
>>77434793
NP doesn't mean not P, it means nondeterministic polynomial time. Which basically means "this problem has a solution in polynomial time in a theoretical Turing machine that can perform infinitely many parallel (i.e. not communicating with each other) threads at once."

Whereas P means that "this problem has a solution in polynomial time in a Turing machine (i.e. a real computer)."

NP may imply P, or it may not. P obviously implies NP
>>
>>77435016
It's another joke.

If a = 0, then a = b*a, because 0 = 0
>>
>>77435100
But what if N is infinity, it would be an indeterminate form
>>
>>77434773

If you have 0 problems (P=0) then the amount of time it takes to solve those problems must also equal 0 (because any multiple N of P must also equal 0), QED.

The "joke" is I think that in mathermatics classes you will often be told to "solve" for a given equation, and the methodology presented is a method to solve P=NP for P=0, which isn't what the P=NP problem IS.

And the only reason I bothered thinking about this as much as I have because I briefly thought there might be a "99 problems" reference hidden in the maths that ALSO "solved" P=NP, thereby meaning that JZ = P=NP, QED.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.